Page 33 of 35 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 LastLast

Thread: No Ticket Renewals yet?

Quote Originally Posted by FlagmanL11 View Post
    Well boys, karma bit me inthe A$$ this morning... I was practing Paddle Tennis with a couple of pros this morning to get ready for the National Tournament my club is hosting and got in close to the net and got nailed in the nose from close range by a hard drive, blood all over the place... not borken, but sore....
    LOL - now imagine you are 70 and weren't even expecting it.....

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Well boys, karma bit me inthe A$$ this morning... I was practing Paddle Tennis with a couple of pros this morning to get ready for the National Tournament my club is hosting and got in close to the net and got nailed in the nose from close range by a hard drive, blood all over the place... not borken, but sore....

SAR I

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

LOL, sorry Flagman, but glad to see you have a sense of humor about it.

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post

SAR I
    ok lawn dart pro...

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Buldawg View Post
    Browns dump PSLs

Posted by Mike Florio on March 5, 2013, 11:17 AM EST

Getty Images
    Folks buying tickets to the Factory of Sadness have new cause to be happy.

Somewhat buried in a Monday press release announcing that the Browns won’t be increasing prices for the fifth straight year is an acknowledgement that the Browns are dropping the Personal Seat License requirement for any new season-ticket buyers at FirstEnergy Stadium.

In the past, some areas of the stadium did not have a PSL attached to the season ticket. Now, all new season tickets will be PSL-free.

“Our fans have exhibited tremendous loyalty over the years and we want to continue to reward that loyalty through affordability and by putting a team on the field of which they can be proud,” Browns CEO Joe Banner said in a release. “To maintain that affordability, it was important that we keep the status quo on ticket prices for the fifth consecutive year and also extend the sections of the stadium that do not require a PSL.”

But what about the current owners of seats that have a PSL? Those folks will continue to own the license, which can be bought and sold. And the license will continue to attach to the seat until the holder of the license stops buying season tickets (or otherwise violates the PSL agreement).

At that time, the season tickets would revert to the Browns, who under their new policy would make them available without a PSL.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...wns-dump-psls/
    Oh sweet jeebus! If that happens at MetLife there will be anarchy. I should have just flushed my $8K down the toilet. lol

Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    Oh sweet jeebus! If that happens at MetLife there will be anarchy. I should have just flushed my $8K down the toilet. lol

Not necessarily. One other team stopped PSLs a few years ago. I forget who.

But what they did is for PSL holders they did a re-grouping of seats. So basically, everyone had a chance to move. So in theory the PSL holders lets say 40% took the 40% best seats and then sold Season tickets without a PSL to the remaining folks.

It would be a disgrace is they stuck a paid in full PSL holder in row 44 middle of aisle and then sold row one on aisle without a PSL.

As long as PSL holders get to pick cream of crop it should be ok.

Also remember, Cleveland has no financing, Jets have tons of seats with financing still. If they killed PSLs they would not get any remaining payments. Jets cant kill PSLs till at least ten years from now when they are nearly all paid off.

Feb-13 4 Upper Level Corner J 502 18 -- $300 $75

Cleveland UD PSLs last sale $75 bucks each

All League
    [QUOTE=Alkrotraz;4826281]
    Also remember, Cleveland has no financing, Jets have tons of seats with financing still. If they killed PSLs they would not get any remaining payments. Jets cant kill PSLs till at least ten years from now when they are nearly all paid off.[/QUOTE]

Ding Ding Ding: Don't see it happening.

Plus:
    1) The entire UD is PSL free. Can't eliminate a PSL that doesn't exist. I could see the Jets giving UD fans who continue renew the right to eventually "sell" their seat rights once the team/economy improves.

2) The vast majority of unsold PSL seats are in the club areas. I have always thought that the Jets made a huge mistake pricing the PSL's and the seats high. But, dropping the PSL's for new buyers would probably cost the Jets money as existing PSL owners (with loan balances that might be very large) would be able to default for free.

3) The Non-Club PSL's are the only "sold out" sections in the stadium. Furthermore, the PSL's make it likely that PSL Owners will renew. Getting rid of the non-club PSL's would be idiocy.

I could see the Jets offering existing PSL owners incentives to upgrade (which is why I am waiting until I get my invoice to decide what to do):

Possible Incentives:
    1) Pay off existing loan balance and we will give you a 1 section "upgrade"
    2) If you add seats and remain in your section, the Jets could give you a price break on the "new" PSL's.
    3) Fix the Mezz Club seats to reduce the amount of "club" seats available. I figure that they have 30-40% excess capacity up there. IMHO - non-club Mezz seats (priced at $120-130/game) on the sidelines would sell quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Alkrotraz View Post
    One other team stopped PSLs a few years ago. I forget who.
    Raiders and Jaguars

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by The Band View Post
    LMFAO

I also own a home in Bergen County, NJ(Park Ridge)
    LMFAO

Your BIL lives in Park Ridge you live in Elmwood Park

Quote Originally Posted by Section 224B View Post
    LMFAO

Your BIL lives in Park Ridge you live in Elmwood Park
    LOL How did I not see this? Anyway, you are wrong. BIL lives in River Vale, not Park Ridge. And it`s East Paterson in Bergen County. Same as Woodland Park("West Paterson") just on the other side and not in Bergen County. But thanks for telling everyone. Always nice to know there are people revealing info about others. You been here for 3 months with 15 posts. You don`t know anything. Your ignorance is my bliss. Learn how to Phish for info, then maybe you`ll realize the lies. Park Ridge was a guess used to see if SAR I is there. You`ll catch on one day but it`ll take some time. 12/01/10 317,500

Quote Originally Posted by The Band View Post
    LOL How did I not see this? Anyway, you are wrong. BIL lives in River Vale, not Park Ridge. And it`s East Paterson in Bergen County. Same as Woodland Park("West Paterson") just on the other side and not in Bergen County. . You been here for 3 months with 15 posts. You don`t know anything. Your ignorance is my bliss. Learn how to Phish for info, then maybe you`ll realize the lies. Park Ridge was a guess used to see if SAR I is there. You`ll catch on one day but it`ll take some time. 12/01/10 317,500

You didn't see it because you ignored it e it's only because I bumped it so you felt compelled to reply. The fact of the matter isn't where your BIL lives, non of my business, don't really care but rather the issue is why someone (YOU) would lie to SAR or anybody about something that's a non issue like where you reside? unless of course you feel better about yourself by having people think you're up to their level or class? which if that is the case is absurd because it doesn't care how long I've been here or anywhere, or how many posts I have because I can see through the bullcrap and SAR spews it too.

The problem with you is you spout of constantly but when someone calls you out, you pull out the oldest trick in the book by saying either I didn't mean it that way, you took it the wrong way or in this case, you turn things around and try to place blame on others but yourself by telling me that's "I'm wrong?" yeah...I'm wrong for calling you out and pointing out the truth.

You need to stop playing the victim role and start taking ownership of the things that come out of your mouth.

It is ironic that you say "But thanks for telling everyone. Always nice to know there are people revealing info about others" when I simply called you out for being a liar but for someone who always says "This is the internet, don't take anything seriously" yet with that mindset why would you care about what people think of you when you wouldn't know them if you tripped over them? a very hypocritical thing to say.

Actually I've haven't been here 3 months but rather 2 months but it doesn't matter how long or short I've been here, I don't have to fish (PHISH is the band by the way lol) I know you and you even lied to Grayson back on 11/28/12 when you said:

"you`ve been calling me Ray for weeks now. Whatever. One thing I don`t need from you is sympathy. I pity you fools who bought in to those PSL things. A mere pittance as you call it. Fortunately for you, you only purchase one ticket for yourself. A mere pittance for sure. Would you buy in for say, 4 PSLs + the ticket costs? I would love to know just how much a fan you really are. I`m certain a selfish person would NOT buy 4 PSLs. He would only purchase one $30,000 PSL for himself and say screw the family. You come off to everyone here and other places on the internet as that person. Why didn`t you just purchase a coaches club PSL? You are the megafan of all fans. Or are you not?

I also heard that you "borrow" burnt wings from other fans(some guy called Grunt). Why is that? Do you not bring your own tailgating items when you tailgate? I find that to be quite pathetic. I`m sure others here find it that way too. You can call me what you want. You can call me Ray, Jay, Ray J, RJJ, but you don`t have to call me Johnson.
    "

So it begs the question WHY? why the hell would you feel compelled to lie about anything, make up a dozen fake nicks for the sole purpose of being "the pied piper of disgruntled Jet fans?"

You've often said that you challenge ANYBODY who has met you if they didn't think you were a nice guy, but if that is the case? then why the different personality when you're behind the keyboard? which one if the REAL you? lol

The only one ignorant is YOU and I think it's time you finally grew up and stop being the doom and gloom, woo is me kinda person because it's done nothing for you thus far.

In the end I could care less WTF you do but I just figured i'd give you my 2 cents worth

Carry on...and I know you will LOL

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by Section 224B View Post
    You didn't see it because you ignored it it's only because I bumped it so you felt compelled to reply. The fact of the matter isn't where your BIL lives, non of my business, don't really care but rather the issue is why someone (YOU) would lie to SAR or anybody about something that's a non issue like where you reside? unless of course you feel better about yourself by having people think you're up to their level or class? which if that is the case is absurd because it doesn't care how long I've been here or anywhere, or how many posts I have because I can see through the bullcrap and SAR spews it too.

The problem with you is you spout of constantly but when someone calls you out, you pull out the oldest trick in the book by saying either I didn't mean it that way, you took it the wrong way or in this case, you turn things around and try to place blame on others but yourself by telling me that's "I'm wrong?" yeah...I'm wrong for calling you out and pointing out the truth.

You need to stop playing the victim role and start taking ownership of the things that come out of your mouth.

It is ironic that you say "But thanks for telling everyone. Always nice to know there are people revealing info about others" when I simply called you out for being a liar but for someone who always says "This is the internet, don't take anything seriously" yet with that mindset why would you care about what people think of you when you wouldn't know them if you tripped over them? a very hypocritical thing to say.

Actually I've haven't been here 3 months but rather 2 months but it doesn't matter how long or short I've been here, I don't have to fish (PHISH is the band by the way lol) I know you and you even lied to Grayson back on 11/28/12 when you said:

"you`ve been calling me Ray for weeks now. Whatever. One thing I don`t need from you is sympathy. I pity you fools who bought in to those PSL things. A mere pittance as you call it. Fortunately for you, you only purchase one ticket for yourself. A mere pittance for sure. Would you buy in for say, 4 PSLs + the ticket costs? I would love to know just how much a fan you really are. I`m certain a selfish person would NOT buy 4 PSLs. He would only purchase one $30,000 PSL for himself and say screw the family. You come off to everyone here and other places on the internet as that person. Why didn`t you just purchase a coaches club PSL? You are the megafan of all fans. Or are you not?

I also heard that you "borrow" burnt wings from other fans(some guy called Grunt). Why is that? Do you not bring your own tailgating items when you tailgate? I find that to be quite pathetic. I`m sure others here find it that way too. You can call me what you want. You can call me Ray, Jay, Ray J, RJJ, but you don`t have to call me Johnson.
    "

So it begs the question WHY? why the hell would you feel compelled to lie about anything, make up a dozen fake nicks for the sole purpose of being "the pied piper of disgruntled Jet fans?"

You've often said that you challenge ANYBODY who has met you if they didn't think you were a nice guy, but if that is the case? then why the different personality when you're behind the keyboard? which one if the REAL you? lol

The only one ignorant is YOU and I think it's time you finally grew up and stop being the doom and gloom, woo is me kinda person because it's done nothing for you thus far.

In the end I could care less WTF you do but I just figured i'd give you my 2 cents worth

Carry on...and I know you will LOL
    Lodi. Route 17. The Harem. Tomorrow night.

We meet at a gentlemen's club, settle this thing like gentlemen. With strippers.

SAR I

Thumbs up

Lodi. Route 17. The Harem. Tomorrow night.

We meet at a gentlemen's club, settle this thing like gentlemen. With strippers.

SAR I
    The Harem sucks, FlashDancers on Broadway between 52nd & 53rd st. in NYC is the place to go but thanks for the offer SAR but no thanks... I am actually going to see Queensryche at the Bergen Pac on Friday but you can meet Ray from Elmwood Park there instead

What possibly could be holding up the invoices? Didn't the Jets have the gall to make tax day, April 15th, last year the due date for the invoices? If they plan to stick to that schedule they are cutting it close in sending out their renewals.

Saw this on line at season ticket rights. Wow, a pair for $1,877 total.

Mezz A aisle seats. Come on now, I never thought Mezz A aisle seats would be like $900 each. They are dead center, bit of a turn off. But still aisle Mezz A.

39096 2 Mezzanine End Zone A 225a 6 21 - 22 Aisle $1,877
    Seat Details
    Seat Numbers 21 - 22
    Other Notes This is a GIVE-AWAY. Firm on Price! PSL owner has option of purchasing yellow parking pass.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by Flushing Roots View Post
    What possibly could be holding up the invoices? Didn't the Jets have the gall to make tax day, April 15th, last year the due date for the invoices? If they plan to stick to that schedule they are cutting it close in sending out their renewals.
    The only logical thing would be if they are looking at making a dramatic pre-draft player move that would energize the fanbase and allow them to raise prices slightly or lower prices as a way to apologize for letting Revis go.

They've delayed the process a month, there has to be a reason.

SAR I

Rookie
    Just an FYI- Giants for the 4th year in a row did not raise ticket prices - but parking did go up $5.00 to $30.00 a game now...

The only logical thing would be if they are looking at making a dramatic pre-draft player move that would energize the fanbase and allow them to raise prices slightly or lower prices as a way to apologize for letting Revis go.

They've delayed the process a month, there has to be a reason.

SAR I
    They did not delay process, in old stadium they sent invoices out around when they are doing it this year

Just last 1-3 years they started sending it out earlier and earlier and maybe it pissed a lot of people off.

Quote Originally Posted by Buldawg View Post
    Just an FYI- Giants for the 4th year in a row did not raise ticket prices - but parking did go up $5.00 to $30.00 a game now...
    When did the Giants make that announcement? I must have missed it.