Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 9 of 35 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: No Ticket Renewals yet?

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    I could retire Monday morning if I wanted to. Myself, my wife, my kids, all taken care of.

But why do that when there's so much more to accomplish and so much more money to be made? Working on the grandchildren now.

SAR I
    Wish I had pursued corporate America. Instead I graduated during a crappy economy and gave up on business to become a teacher.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by The Band View Post
    You could have purchased seats to any game in the old stadium on the 50 yd. line for $300.00 each. $400.00 cheaper than what the Jets are asking in this new craphole. If it was wanting to be a sth in your name, you could have offered any old stadium sth $10,000 for the seats and you would be in. $20,000 cheaper than what the Jets are asking. The old stadium was so much better in every aspect. Woody got what he wanted and we can all see the trouble it`s causing him with ticket sales. He can choke on all his tickets from here on out for all I care. Enjoy the next 27 years Jets fans. It`s gonna be great. LOL
    That was one thing that I didn't agree with the Jets doing. People could sell the rights to the tickets even though no PSL was bought.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    After reading through 4 pages of wildness:

1. We all should know by now that Nike is GMCJets. I'm just waiting for him to send me another PM threatening me again.

2. That kid on the other board who knows if he's legit with what he is posting. The Jets may let some people default on some seats if they are over 50% paid who knows what's going on.

3. People who paid in full have nothing to complain about. Buying a PSL is similar to the housing market. People default the issue is this time there may be consequences. It's like buying a house with cash when the market was high, now the market is low people default or do short sales and the person who didn't get a mortgage is pissed.

4. The price of PSLs on the secondary market shouldn't be shocking right now. Two lousy seasons and an even lousier economy.

5. The issues the Jets have with the new stadium (fans upset about ticket prices and less tickets sold) are the same every professional sports team in the tri state area is facing. Many tickets are overpriced. Even the Yankees are having ticket issues and a few years ago you could bring in a 400% profit on a ticket plan.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets337 View Post

1. We all should know by now that Nike is GMCJets. I'm just waiting for him to send me another PM threatening me again.

2. That kid on the other board who knows if he's legit with what he is posting. The Jets may let some people default on some seats if they are over 50% paid who knows what's going on.

3. People who paid in full have nothing to complain about. Buying a PSL is similar to the housing market. People default the issue is this time there may be consequences. It's like buying a house with cash when the market was high, now the market is low people default or do short sales and the person who didn't get a mortgage is pissed.

4. The price of PSLs on the secondary market shouldn't be shocking right now. Two lousy seasons and an even lousier economy.

5. The issues the Jets have with the new stadium (fans upset about ticket prices and less tickets sold) are the same every professional sports team in the tri state area is facing. Many tickets are overpriced. Even the Yankees are having ticket issues and a few years ago you could bring in a 400% profit on a ticket plan.
    Great points, and I'd add just one more if I may:

6. The supposed "exodus" of Jets PSL owners is overblown and non-existent, what few PSL's will go into default will be the traditional low single-digit percentages due to health, age, financial, and relocation.

SAR I

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Digetydog View Post
    By this time last year, the Jets had already announced the pricing for STH's.

I wonder what they are cooking up that is taking so much time.
    Recalibrating that Tebow Effect trans-abacacal algorerhythm

I reckon.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like

The issues the Jets have with the new stadium (fans upset about ticket prices and less tickets sold) are the same every professional sports team in the tri state area is facing. Many tickets are overpriced. Even the Yankees are having ticket issues and a few years ago you could bring in a 400% profit on a ticket plan.
    Not the Knicks! And they just went through a major transformation at MSG. I am able to resell my ST at double and sometimes triple for teams like the Heat, Lakers, OKC. That investment was better than the stock market in a good year. Goodell said PSLs were a "good investment". I would bet the house 95% of the people on this thread (SAR - I added you to the 5%) would disagree with regard to the Jets. But frankly the Knicks cash in on the fact they are in midtown Manhattan and second only to Broadway in terms of winter entertainment. 33rd St. helps when compared to E. Rutherford, the Bronx and Flushing. And I know it should not be perceived as an investment to some of you. But damn, I feel your pain if you feel your getting screwed. When I pay for Filet Mignon, I don't expect hamburger.
    Last edited by Flushing Roots; 02-23-2013 at 06:32 AM.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Great points, and I'd add just one more if I may:

6. The supposed "exodus" of Jets PSL owners is overblown and non-existent, what few PSL's will go into default will be the traditional low single-digit percentages due to health, age, financial, and relocation.

SAR I
    Not yet anyway, but, there is still time and we all know the Jets will suck the next 3-5 years. Even with all the teams being mediocre in this league now, the Jets always find ways to choke when they are better than most teams or simply lose like they do when they suck more than most of the teams. It`s been 44 years. Far too few "close calls" in that time imo(on average the Jets make the playoffs about every 7 years). Unlike the co-tennants, the Jets don`t know how to win when they get hot even with help from other teams(Colts laying down, Bengals not bothering playing), and with help from the NFL(knowing the Jets had PSLs to sell so lets get them to the AFCCG two years in a row). That certainly helped Woody sell some of those 14,000 PSLs to which we will see those bandwagon jumpers jump off eventually.

This whole new Giants Stadium thing is one wagon I didn`t want to be on. Me and all my old tailgate buddies agreed. We did one season in the UD because thats where we always were. We didn`t want to upgrade because we were happy where the real Jets fans were(pre-Fireman Ed). We wanted nothing to do with sitting anywhere near any corporate type fans because they really aren`t fans. They just have money to burn and we knew they would spend most of their time sitting inside the clubs watching television. The real kick in the ass that made us all drop our tickets was the segregated parking lots. It was always first come, first serve. We understood the parking pass crap when the new place was being built and that there would be limited spaces. Now that that is all said and done, why do fans still need to purchase pre-paid passes? Just have it the way it was with toll takers accepting cash and go back to first come, first served. It`s just an extremely stale atmosphere at Jets games now. The fans have changed and it shows. The new fans have no clue on what to do without Fireman Ed telling them. Back in my days, we didn`t need Ed. The UD was the place to be at Jets games. Now it`s not anymore and we want no part of it.

Enjoy your new Jets and your new segregated fans in your new Giants Stadium(because we all know it`s the stadium the Giants wanted to have built, NOT Woody). Woody just got suckered in and he bent over and W I D E L Y accepted.
    Last edited by The Band; 02-23-2013 at 08:28 AM.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    you must not have gotten the memo either.

says a man with 700 posts that i threatened him. show me the post where Nike threatened you with your new id or your old.thanks

the fact of the matter that 1 ticket owner myself included wants to default on a psl agreement is bad news. we bought in because this is our team that we love and support. meanwhile the owner screws us every chance he gets.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not yet anyway, but, there is still time and we all know the Jets will suck the next 3-5 years. Even with all the teams being mediocre in this league now, the Jets always find ways to choke when they are better than most teams or simply lose like they do when they suck more than most of the teams. It`s been 44 years. Far too few "close calls" in that time imo(on average the Jets make the playoffs about every 7 years). Unlike the co-tennants, the Jets don`t know how to win when they get hot even with help from other teams(Colts laying down, Bengals not bothering playing), and with help from the NFL(knowing the Jets had PSLs to sell so lets get them to the AFCCG two years in a row). That certainly helped Woody sell some of those 14,000 PSLs to which we will see those bandwagon jumpers jump off eventually.

This whole new Giants Stadium thing is one wagon I didn`t want to be on. Me and all my old tailgate buddies agreed. We did one season in the UD because thats where we always were. We didn`t want to upgrade because we were happy where the real Jets fans were(pre-Fireman Ed). We wanted nothing to do with sitting anywhere near any corporate type fans because they really aren`t fans. They just have money to burn and we knew they would spend most of their time sitting inside the clubs watching television. The real kick in the ass that made us all drop our tickets was the segregated parking lots. It was always first come, first serve. We understood the parking pass crap when the new place was being built and that there would be limited spaces. Now that that is all said and done, why do fans still need to purchase pre-paid passes? Just have it the way it was with toll takers accepting cash and go back to first come, first served. It`s just an extremely stale atmosphere at Jets games now. The fans have changed and it shows. The new fans have no clue on what to do without Fireman Ed telling them. Back in my days, we didn`t need Ed. The UD was the place to be at Jets games. Now it`s not anymore and we want no part of it.

Enjoy your new Jets and your new segregated fans in your new Giants Stadium(because we all know it`s the stadium the Giants wanted to have built, NOT Woody). Woody just got suckered in and he bent over and W I D E L Y accepted.
    amen brother.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    ... and with help from the NFL(knowing the Jets had PSLs to sell so lets get them to the AFCCG two years in a row).
    I haven't posted in a while, but this thread is just too much. Anyone who believes in this premise has no credibility and would be much happier at tinfoilhatinsider.com. I hear they still have no PSL for seats on the grassy knoll, although Bigfoot has been squatting on the best seats for the last 30 years. They only cost him 2 pigs and a goat.

We didn`t want to upgrade because we were happy where the real Jets fans were(pre-Fireman Ed). We wanted nothing to do with sitting anywhere near any corporate type fans because they really aren`t fans. They just have money to burn and we knew they would spend most of their time sitting inside the clubs watching television.
    I sat in the UD and LL at the old stadium, and now the Chase club in the new one. UD was by far the worst game experience. The LL had the most active fans.

Statements like "UD fans are the only real fans" say more about that person's state of mental health than anything else. They feel inadequate, so they make up something to make themselves feel better.

Also, the mez clubs are empty during gameplay, almost everyone is in the seats, just like anywhere else in the stadium. Most of the fans sitting here are just Jets fans with a larger budget. It's not "corporate types watching TV". Couldn't be further from the the truth. It is more of a family atmosphere though.

(because we all know it`s the stadium the Giants wanted to have built, NOT Woody). Woody just got suckered in and he bent over and W I D E L Y accepted.
    This is categorically false. The only thing the Giants got was location. For the stadium itself, they wanted a much different stadium. The stadium design was driven more by the Jets.
    Last edited by tmertz; 02-23-2013 at 09:37 AM.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tmertz;
    I sat in the UD and LL at the old stadium, and now the Chase club in the new one. UD was by far the worst game experience. The LL had the most active fans.

Statements like "UD fans are the only real fans" say more about that person's state of mental health than anything else. They feel inadequate, so they make up something to make themselves feel better.
    Anyone that thinks the new stadium and all PSLs are corporate has never sat in LLEZ during a game at the new place. It's plenty nuts, well 148 and 149 are anyway.
    Last edited by buickrob; 02-23-2013 at 10:35 AM.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Flushing Roots View Post
    Not the Knicks! And they just went through a major transformation at MSG. I am able to resell my ST at double and sometimes triple for teams like the Heat, Lakers, OKC. That investment was better than the stock market in a good year. Goodell said PSLs were a "good investment". I would bet the house 95% of the people on this thread (SAR - I added you to the 5%) would disagree with regard to the Jets. But frankly the Knicks cash in on the fact they are in midtown Manhattan and second only to Broadway in terms of winter entertainment. 33rd St. helps when compared to E. Rutherford, the Bronx and Flushing. And I know it should not be perceived as an investment to some of you. But damn, I feel your pain if you feel your getting screwed. When I pay for Filet Mignon, I don't expect hamburger.
    My Knicks tickets are investment gold, to borrow an expression.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

....and welcome to The Band Myth #26: "There Are Too Many Corporate Fans"

A "corporate fan" is a person that is a lightweight Jets supporter, gets free tickets from a business associate, goes just for the hell of it, is at the game for entertainment purposes only.

I can tell you three things:

1. The fans in Section 232A or 231A do not qualify as "corporate fans".

2. The Club section adjacent to mine can be as rowdy as my non-Club section.

3. The only difference between the fandom of an old time upper decker and today's modern PSL owner is that we take personal hygiene seriously.

You were a one-and-done upper decker. You have not sat in the Mezz or the LL, so please stop acting like some "authority" when you have no idea what you're talking about. Sit on your couch, eat your pretzels, and thank God that there are 14,333 paying PSL owners who allow you to receive games on your SDTV for free.

SAR I

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    1. The fans in Section 232A or 231A do not qualify as "corporate fans".
    SAR I
    thats when they show up. depending on the weather,game time and who they are playing if theres an opportunity to cash in they are no-shows.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by buickrob View Post
    Anyone that thinks the new stadium and all PSLs are corporate has never say in LLEZ during a game at the new place. It's plenty nuts, well 148 and 149 are anyway.
    +1

A person like The Band sits there, sees a $4,000 PSL, would imagine a $20,000 outlay for a set of seats, thinks the world is ending, could by a nice used car for that kind of money.

Someone with an education and washed armpits realizes that it's only a $13 per ticket price increase, and any long-time season ticket holder from the ol' Giants Stadium days can handle that.

A ticket to a Jets game cost $13 in 1983. Prices jumped to $75 by 2003 and then $100 by 2009. Where was the outrage then? Why would so-called "diehard" fans accept such a steep increase over the years yet balk at paying another $13 for a better view in a brand new stadium?

Those old timers who bailed on the Jets are using PSL's as their excuse. They wanted out, are using Woody and a marginal price increase to whine and tell the world "we are true Jets fans because we quit!" Fact is, they have the money. They just don't want to go. But instead of admitting that, no, have to make up a narrative that postures them as "true" fans and the rest of us as wealthy sell outs.

Shut up already. You quit. You're disloyal. Suck on your shame. Don't shove it on us.

SAR I

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    thats when they show up. depending on the weather,game time and who they are playing if theres an opportunity to cash in they are no-shows.
    There is nothing going on in MetLife that didn't go on in Giants Stadium. You can't give me a single example of something happening now that didn't happen back then.

"Tickets are being sold! Look at StubHub!" Back then there were tons of scalpers in parking lots, tons of ads in Newsday classifieds.

"Fans are going to back out! They aren't going to pay their PSL's or their invoices!" Back then there were always 1-2% of season ticket holders who had to leave for health, financial, or relocation reasons.

"All the diehard fans are gone!" Back then the argument was "all the diehards are on Long Island, they'll never go to New Jersey!"

"There will be scores of no-shows!" Back then, Kotite years, were 50,000 no-shows for a whole year, made no difference as the seats were sold, the Jets got paid, the games were still on TV.

"There will be an exodus, and blackouts!" Back then, stadium always sold out, no blackouts, season ticket holders not giving up their subscriptions because they were in it for the long haul.

Nothing has changed. Nothing. PSL's are just a slight price increase.

SAR I

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by buickrob View Post
    Anyone that thinks the new stadium and all PSLs are corporate has never sat in LLEZ during a game at the new place. It's plenty nuts, well 148 and 149 are anyway.
    129 as well! And if I'm considered a "corporate fan", could someone please let my boss know, I could use the raise! Is the stadium about economics? Sure. But too many people here seem to take it personally. I don't begrudge Woody anything. The Jets are a businesses. Just like the pricey food. If you want to compare what you get for your money , compare PSL and a meal at the stadium. I can't resell that hotdog.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

I couldn't have said it better myself.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    The only difference between the fandom of an old time upper decker and today's modern PSL owner is that we take personal hygiene seriously.
    SAR I
    I shower every day.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Flushing Roots View Post
    I shower every day.
    unless you shower in purified holy water and put on a suit and tie daily you still arent a worthy ticket holder or fan for sar i.

wonder what his beef is with blue collar workers.