Page 29 of 35 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast
Results 561 to 580 of 699

Thread: No Ticket Renewals yet?

  1. #561
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    39,648
    Quote Originally Posted by Digetydog View Post
    If you aren't bothering people, I could give a rat's Fransesca what you are doing. I like to eat. I used to like to drink.

    But - the complaints that are coming from Jets fans who are not fans of tailgate revolve around the fact that some (but not all) tailgaters causes problems for others:

    1) Throwing footballs in parking lots is dangerous. While property damage is annoying, there is a real risk of hitting someone in the parking lot.

    2) Garbage: sadly, many folks fail to clean up after themselves. They leave garbage, hot ashes, and broken glass all over the place.

    3) Drunken behavior: Last year, there was a drunken foot dancing on top of a RV in his underewear.

    4) Parking Spaces: Unfortunately, the Jets do not seem to be capable of forcing people to park in one space. I shouldn't have to park farther away from the stadium b/c Joe Tailgater has a tent set up in 2 extra parking spaces.
    I feel the same way.

    We deserve a tailgate-free parking lot. I shouldn't have to walk through Vietnam to get to the gate.

    SAR I

  2. #562
    Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Borgo's House
    Posts
    4,459
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    A lot of problems?

    Look I sympathize with families with young kids, especially anyone who wants to bring their daughter who might have to use one the awful portapotties. But there is an alcohol free section of the stadium and I beleive you can purchase parking closer to the stadium or arrive earlier to get inside more easily.

    But for everyone else, to complain about tailgating at a football game is just pathetic. Its a FOOTBALL game. The VAST majority of attendees like to bbq, have a couple beers and throw a football - all so they can enjoy a nice day outside with friends and families. Like with any adult decision, attending a game comes with tailgating and in turn things like lots being crowded and having to get around a few chairs or tables.

    Imagine this was a website about the opera, and I came on here and complained that every time i went to the opera it was awful, everyone was quiet, I wasnt allowed to cheer or yell during the performance, and no one walked around selling hot dogs. The response would be - "um, you do know you are at the opera and thats not how it works"?????

    You are attending a football game, like at every other game in the country, people are tailgating.
    I don't see how setting aside a parking section for parking only is an affront to tailgaters. If anything, it would give those who want to do all the things you say more room to do them.

    Tailgate sprawl is an issue, regardless of you do it or not, I think there is enough evidence that those who rather get in and get it are not subject to the tyranny of the majority (altho "vast" is probably an overstatement).

  3. #563
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    do you sing out loud at the opera? try it and let me know how it works out for you.

    just because you are at a football game doesnt mean you should throw a football around the parking lot. people can get hurt,cars can get damaged and grills can get knocked over.

    when you go to a ufc or a boxing match do you also fist fight in the parking lot prior to the game.

    tailgating is part of the game day experience acting like a complete jackass and ruining someone elses day isnt whats its about.
    easy solution to the football issues - ban the hardballs and only allow nerf. We had an older member of our tailgate concussed over some drunken idiot throwing a 50 yd bomb to his buddy with a hard ball. He was really hurt and had to seek medical attention the next day - when I confronted the drunk he screamed that its a football game so he can throw a football. No apology

    Make it all nerf balls and no one gets hurt when hit and there is no damage to property. Still get to enjoy throwing the ball at the game.

  4. #564
    Quote Originally Posted by Traitor Jay & the Woodies View Post
    I don't see how setting aside a parking section for parking only is an affront to tailgaters. If anything, it would give those who want to do all the things you say more room to do them.

    Tailgate sprawl is an issue, regardless of you do it or not, I think there is enough evidence that those who rather get in and get it are not subject to the tyranny of the majority (altho "vast" is probably an overstatement).
    i enjoy tailgating as much as anyone else here. its the tailgate idiocy i dont enjoy.

    i also hate the fact that the metlife parking lot babysitters enforce no rules and ignore whats going on.

    i dont pay an entry fee to a zoo i pay a fee to park my car without having to worry about someone hitting it with a football or using it as a urinal.

  5. #565
    Quote Originally Posted by Traitor Jay & the Woodies View Post
    I don't see how setting aside a parking section for parking only is an affront to tailgaters. If anything, it would give those who want to do all the things you say more room to do them.

    Tailgate sprawl is an issue, regardless of you do it or not, I think there is enough evidence that those who rather get in and get it are not subject to the tyranny of the majority (altho "vast" is probably an overstatement).
    I dont think setting aside a tailgate free area is a problem at all.

    But I also think people should lighten up and understand the event that they are willingly attending.

  6. #566
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,123
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    I dont think setting aside a tailgate free area is a problem at all.

    But I also think people should lighten up and understand the event that they are willingly attending.
    There IS a tailgate free parking lot. And it's indoors where bottom level leased Goebbelsmobiles won't get wet in a rainstorm.

    Just across the pedestrian bridge

  7. #567
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    39,648
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    A lot of problems?

    Look I sympathize with families with young kids, especially anyone who wants to bring their daughter who might have to use one the awful portapotties. But there is an alcohol free section of the stadium and I beleive you can purchase parking closer to the stadium or arrive earlier to get inside more easily.

    But for everyone else, to complain about tailgating at a football game is just pathetic. Its a FOOTBALL game. The VAST majority of attendees like to bbq, have a couple beers and throw a football - all so they can enjoy a nice day outside with friends and families. Like with any adult decision, attending a game comes with tailgating and in turn things like lots being crowded and having to get around a few chairs or tables.

    Imagine this was a website about the opera, and I came on here and complained that every time i went to the opera it was awful, everyone was quiet, I wasnt allowed to cheer or yell during the performance, and no one walked around selling hot dogs. The response would be - "um, you do know you are at the opera and thats not how it works"?????

    You are attending a football game, like at every other game in the country, people are tailgating.
    What you're not understanding is that most people are there to see the football game only, have zero interest in a parking lot festival. You perceive that 'everyone' is there to tailgate because that's who you hang out with. Count the cars not involved in any parking lot buffoonery and it'll tally up to 75% or more.

    Your opera analogy only applies during the game itself. If adults curse in front of my kids inside the seating bowl, well, it's a football game, that's how some react to the action. But nowhere does it say that in the theater parking lots there is a pre-opera free-for-all. The normal rules that govern society apply.

    SAR I

  8. #568
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    What you're not understanding is that most people are there to see the football game only, have zero interest in a parking lot festival. You perceive that 'everyone' is there to tailgate because that's who you hang out with. Count the cars not involved in any parking lot buffoonery and it'll tally up to 75% or more.

    Your opera analogy only applies during the game itself. If adults curse in front of my kids inside the seating bowl, well, it's a football game, that's how some react to the action. But nowhere does it say that in the theater parking lots there is a pre-opera free-for-all. The normal rules that govern society apply.

    SAR I
    sar i look i dont like you but you are dead on. you are wasting you're time with this. most of these guys are flexing internet muscles most sit and eat hoagies and drink a few girlie beers and hide by the backs of their toyota priuses.

    the full bore all out tailgating is ok as long as its respectful and within the rules. i dont like drunken idiots infringing on my space or tossing a ball my way. we shouldnt have to park eleswhere or tolerate this bull****.

  9. #569
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    What you're not understanding is that most people are there to see the football game only, have zero interest in a parking lot festival. You perceive that 'everyone' is there to tailgate because that's who you hang out with. Count the cars not involved in any parking lot buffoonery and it'll tally up to 75% or more.

    Your opera analogy only applies during the game itself. If adults curse in front of my kids inside the seating bowl, well, it's a football game, that's how some react to the action. But nowhere does it say that in the theater parking lots there is a pre-opera free-for-all. The normal rules that govern society apply.

    SAR I
    Sure, 75% arent interested.

    Thats why the lots are full by 11:00 am, all those people are sitting waiting patiently to watch the game inside the stadium

  10. #570
    Don`t blame the fans. Blame the stadium personelll working there. They should be walking around telling people to move their crap out of the spots because cars are still coming in. They do it other venues around the state. Probably around the country. People working there are just there for the lousy paycheck and don`t give a crap about their job. The American Way these days. LOL

  11. #571
    Quote Originally Posted by The Band View Post
    Don`t blame the fans. Blame the stadium personelll working there. They should be walking around telling people to move their crap out of the spots because cars are still coming in. They do it other venues around the state. Probably around the country. People working there are just there for the lousy paycheck and don`t give a crap about their job. The American Way these days. LOL
    agree ive been to 5 different away venues and i saw parking lot people doing their jobs not ignoring everything like they do here.

    most wouldnt get away with what goes on here weekly.

  12. #572
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    North Jersey
    Posts
    3,275
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    Oh the humanity!

    So lets just get the facts straight:

    You arrived 30 mins before an event that 70+ THOUSAND people are attending.

    Throughout the country, at events exactly like this, people set up chairs and BBQ beforehand.

    At this outdoor football event, people were actually throwing a football???

    Because 90% of the people had already arrived, you had more trouble finding a parking space then if you had arrived an hour earlier then you did?

    Im shocked and appalled.
    Imagine if the WWS was built, try going to a Knick or Ranger game last minute driving in.... bunch of cry babies....

  13. #573
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    North Jersey
    Posts
    3,275
    Quote Originally Posted by Digetydog View Post
    At the Pats games, you have the option at parking in private lots near the stadium (I did that for the Jets/Pats playoff game a couple of years ago). At Metlife, I don't believe that there are any private lots available.
    Green passes would do the trick. Sell your yellow and buy green for a small upcharge.

  14. #574
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    North Jersey
    Posts
    3,275
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    customs that exist?

    kids under 16 tossing a football at a game are ok. its the drunken fool adults with beer bellys that cant catch or throw that arent.

    im not crying im stating a fact that many agree with not just myself.

    the tailgate atmosphere and experience at metlife is a terrible one. ive been to many opposing teams home games and half the stuff that goes on here doesnt happen there.
    Ok, so where have you seen tailgating that is so different... I know in my area of the lot, tailgating is alive and well and people do use the blue garbage bags the lot staff hands out...

  15. #575
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    39,648
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    Sure, 75% arent interested.

    Thats why the lots are full by 11:00 am, all those people are sitting waiting patiently to watch the game inside the stadium
    You are attempting sarcasm but you happen to be correct.

    I have to get there by 11:00 just to get a spot. Non-tailgaters as well as tailgaters do. That's why the lot is full. The 25% who participate in tailgating glom up all the good locations, take up multiple spots, force everyone to show up early or resign themselves to walk a mile to the gate.

    Our dream tailgate-free lot will have clean, behaved people who abide by the one-spot rule. As such, we can show up at 12:30, find a great spot, and walk right into the stadium.

    It's the ultimate irony and pain-point: Those who want to get drunk and get to the game late and then want to stay after its over and drink some more get all the good parking spots that are needed by those who stay sober and have families and don't want to get to the stadium two hours earlier than necessary and want to leave quickly when the game ends.

    Put all the tailgaters in the furthest lots, keep the close lots closed until noon, done.

    SAR I

  16. #576
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    North Jersey
    Posts
    3,275
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    do you sing out loud at the opera? try it and let me know how it works out for you.

    just because you are at a football game doesnt mean you should throw a football around the parking lot. people can get hurt,cars can get damaged and grills can get knocked over.

    when you go to a ufc or a boxing match do you also fist fight in the parking lot prior to the game.

    tailgating is part of the game day experience acting like a complete jackass and ruining someone elses day isnt whats its about.
    Something just struck me about you... You had club seats and I assume Green lot passes where most do not tailgate, so where are you seeing the horrific tailgate conditions????????? Green lots as you know have thier own access in and out and you do not need to drive through the slums of the yellow lot parkers... That is unless you are a closet tailgater....

  17. #577
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    North Jersey
    Posts
    3,275
    Quote Originally Posted by BrowningNagle View Post
    easy solution to the football issues - ban the hardballs and only allow nerf. We had an older member of our tailgate concussed over some drunken idiot throwing a 50 yd bomb to his buddy with a hard ball. He was really hurt and had to seek medical attention the next day - when I confronted the drunk he screamed that its a football game so he can throw a football. No apology

    Make it all nerf balls and no one gets hurt when hit and there is no damage to property. Still get to enjoy throwing the ball at the game.
    The pussification of America lives on....

  18. #578
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    North Jersey
    Posts
    3,275
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    What you're not understanding is that most people are there to see the football game only, have zero interest in a parking lot festival. You perceive that 'everyone' is there to tailgate because that's who you hang out with. Count the cars not involved in any parking lot buffoonery and it'll tally up to 75% or more.

    Your opera analogy only applies during the game itself. If adults curse in front of my kids inside the seating bowl, well, it's a football game, that's how some react to the action. But nowhere does it say that in the theater parking lots there is a pre-opera free-for-all. The normal rules that govern society apply.

    SAR I
    90% tailgate, did a poll here last year and I think it was even actually higher than that.

  19. #579
    Quote Originally Posted by FlagmanL11 View Post
    Ok, so where have you seen tailgating that is so different... I know in my area of the lot, tailgating is alive and well and people do use the blue garbage bags the lot staff hands out...
    washington,baltimore,kc,minnesota tailgating is more family oriented and fan friendly and more controlled. lot security is accompanied by state police and they tolerate nothing out of the ordinary or against the rules.

    i did not see any car taking up more than 1 space in any of those locations.

    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Put all the tailgaters in the furthest lots, keep the close lots closed until noon, done. SAR I
    this is a great idea! they can utilize the 2 beer walk in a constructive way.

  20. #580
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    North Jersey
    Posts
    3,275
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    You are attempting sarcasm but you happen to be correct.

    I have to get there by 11:00 just to get a spot. Non-tailgaters as well as tailgaters do. That's why the lot is full. The 25% who participate in tailgating glom up all the good locations, take up multiple spots, force everyone to show up early or resign themselves to walk a mile to the gate.

    Our dream tailgate-free lot will have clean, behaved people who abide by the one-spot rule. As such, we can show up at 12:30, find a great spot, and walk right into the stadium.

    It's the ultimate irony and pain-point: Those who want to get drunk and get to the game late and then want to stay after its over and drink some more get all the good parking spots that are needed by those who stay sober and have families and don't want to get to the stadium two hours earlier than necessary and want to leave quickly when the game ends.

    Put all the tailgaters in the furthest lots, keep the close lots closed until noon, done.

    SAR I
    Think of game day parking as the day we bought our PSL's... First in got the best spots and those late to the action got pushed back and out....

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us