Page 17 of 35 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: No Ticket Renewals yet?

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by Jets337 View Post
    I have no issues with those who bought PSLs. The only ones I have issues with are those who bought as an investment and now are throwing a hissy fit. We live in the USA spend how you want.
    Can you give an example of anyone who fits that description in this thread?

SAR I

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    I like the debate over what works and what doesn't, how things could be better,
    SAR I
    What doesn't work and what could be better?

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by Flushing Roots View Post
    What doesn't work and what could be better?
    Doesn't work: Parking lot one-space rules enforcement, lots have 10%-15% of spots taken by tailgaters, guards do not evict, must get to stadium 2 hours before kickoff to get a yellow space.

Doesn't work: PA system is way too loud, never stops making noise. Impossible to have a conversation with a seat neighbor for all the shouting, the bombardment of music, commercials, tee-boys, PC Richard's whistles, military honorees, evacuation strategies, helmet races, its a never-ending cacophony of an ear-splitting racket.

Could be better: Pregame entertainment for families. Because the parking forces you to arrive at the game 2 hours early, you wind up inside the stadium ring with 90 minutes to kill. The kids are bored of the inflatable obstacle course, dad doesn't want to walk-up to the ESPN booth, Jets need to do something more fun since they're forcing us to kill so much time.

Could be better: Food choices. There are tons of places to buy food, never any lines, but all the stands pretty much sell the same thing. Jets should step it up, offer us more options.

SAR I
    Last edited by SAR I; 02-25-2013 at 10:13 AM.

Doesn't work: Parking lot one-space rules enforcement, lots have 10%-15% of spots taken by tailgaters, guards do not evict, must get to stadium 2 hours before kickoff to get a yellow space.

Doesn't work: PA system is way too loud, never stops making noise. Impossible to have a conversation with a seat neighbor for all the shouting, the bombardment of music, commercials, tee-boys, PC Richard's whistles, military honorees, evacuation strategies, helmet races, its a never-ending cacophony of an ear-splitting racket.

Could be better: Pregame entertainment for families. Because the parking forces you to arrive at the game 2 hours early, you wind up inside the stadium ring with 90 minutes to kill. The kids are bored of the inflatable obstacle course, dad doesn't want to walk-up to the ESPN booth, Jets need to do something more fun since they're forcing us to kill so much time.

Could be better: Food choices. There are tons of places to buy food, never any lines, but all the stands pretty much sell the same thing. Jets should step it up, offer us more options.

SAR I
    Good stuff here

I tailgate so pre-game is not as big a deal - although I wish it was patrolled a little better by the Jets (ie - obnoxious tailgators)

Totally agree on in game PA - maybe Im getting old but who wants to hear that stuff booming all the time. Fantasy football and in game is huge - we are obviously fans of the NFL...why not have time outs with constant highlights and Red Zone updates...thats what I do at home. Its a no brainer and just dont understand how they miss the boat on this.

Food - same thing - better than the old stadium but should be MUCH better.

Practice Squad

SAR I
    Sounds like a crappy experience, why would you ever want to get stuck with a PSL?

I do agree with SAR on one thing. They should have a single lot reserved for non tailgaters.

We have a Mezz B family section, but the parking lot is full of drunks cursing, peeing, vomiting, taking up multiple spots.

Case in Point, I did tailgate last game I went to a buddy and it was great. But time before I took my ten year old daughter by myself and I had to cross the lot of drunks yelling and even some guy was pissing between two cars as I walked by.

Be nice maybe if the Family Mezz B section at least for seats utilized by children could get at least Green parking, or an area where they can just park and go in.

Other issue kids dont last long at games. When I take a kid I would like to arrive right at game time and leave asap at end. If I had a spot up front clean and nice with no tailgate junk it would be great for those days.

Rest of time I am more than glad to hang out with the drunks

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Alkrotraz View Post
    I do agree with SAR on one thing. They should have a single lot reserved for non tailgaters.

We have a Mezz B family section, but the parking lot is full of drunks cursing, peeing, vomiting, taking up multiple spots.

Case in Point, I did tailgate last game I went to a buddy and it was great. But time before I took my ten year old daughter by myself and I had to cross the lot of drunks yelling and even some guy was pissing between two cars as I walked by.

Be nice maybe if the Family Mezz B section at least for seats utilized by children could get at least Green parking, or an area where they can just park and go in.

Other issue kids dont last long at games. When I take a kid I would like to arrive right at game time and leave asap at end. If I had a spot up front clean and nice with no tailgate junk it would be great for those days.

Rest of time I am more than glad to hang out with the drunks
    Ditto. When I start bringing my daughter, I don't want to have to deal with the filth and the drunken behavior of "some" tailgaters.

I would think that the Yellow lot(s) near the racetrack would be easy to police/control w/o impacting on those who love to party (been there/done that).

I would like to give the Jets credit for having the family bathrooms. When I do start bringing her (sans wife) to games, I don't want to have to deal with the cretins in the men's rooms or trying to send her alone into the women's restrooms.

Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Jets have highest ticket prices

New York Jets can at least call themselves champions in one category: ticket prices.

The Jets have the highest average, non-premium ticket price in the league at $117.94, according to Team Marketing Report's Fan Cost Index, which was released Thursday afternoon.

Highest Ticket Prices in NFL
    At $117.94, the New York Jets have the highest average ticket price in the NFL, according to the Team Marketing Report's Fan Cost Index. Here's a look at the most expensive tickets in the league:

Team Ticket price
    Jets $117.94
    Patriots $117.84
    Giants $111.69
    Bears $110.91
    Cowboys $110.70

The Jets topped the Patriots, who have sold out every game since 1994, by 10 cents ($117.84).

In its annual survey, Team Marketing Report found that the average NFL ticket, purchased from a team, will cost $78.38 this season, up 2.5 percent from last year. The average cost to bring a family to the game and buy four regular tickets (not suite or club), two beers, four hot dogs, parking, program and two adult size hats is $443.93, up 3.9 percent from last year.

Besides the Jets and Patriots, three other teams have non-suite tickets that are selling for more than $100: New York Giants ($111.69), Chicago Bears ($110.91) and Dallas Cowboys ($110.20).

The teams with the cheapest average tickets: Cleveland Browns ($54.20), Buffalo Bills ($58.36) and Jacksonville Jaguars ($59.54).

TMR says 10 teams raised ticket prices by at least one percent this year, up from the nine that dared to make increases coming into the lockout last season. The largest increase? The Chicago Bears at 9.3 percent. The average cost of a beer at a game is up 15 cents from last year to $7.28, the study found.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/83...s-survey-shows
    Idiot, the average prices include all the club seats. The average non-club seat prices for the Pats are higher than those of the Jets and Giants. In fact they are the second highest in the NFL. Gillette parking is the most expensive in the NFL. And they are not even paved. Some mighty expensive dirt plots there in Foxboroahole.

Can you give an example of anyone who fits that description in this thread?

SAR I
    I meant in general not this thread. I know a few people not on here who did that.

Quote Originally Posted by BrowningNagle View Post
    Good stuff here

I tailgate so pre-game is not as big a deal - although I wish it was patrolled a little better by the Jets (ie - obnoxious tailgators)

Totally agree on in game PA - maybe Im getting old but who wants to hear that stuff booming all the time. Fantasy football and in game is huge - we are obviously fans of the NFL...why not have time outs with constant highlights and Red Zone updates...thats what I do at home. Its a no brainer and just dont understand how they miss the boat on this.

Food - same thing - better than the old stadium but should be MUCH better.
    I tailgate too we get in at 8 am. I park in lot k to get away from some of the craziness. Since the new stadium I feel like tailgate edict has gone downhill.

As a Jets season ticket holder, you receive several mailings and communications from the team throughout the year. It is important that the contact information we have listed on your account is accurate, so please take a moment and follow the instructions below to verify your contact information and make any necessary changes by close of business on Friday, March 1. After that time, the ability to update select account information will be locked until all 2013 season ticket invoices are printed and mailed.

First step for renewals.... just received email.

Quote Originally Posted by yayankee View Post
    As a Jets season ticket holder, you receive several mailings and communications from the team throughout the year. It is important that the contact information we have listed on your account is accurate, so please take a moment and follow the instructions below to verify your contact information and make any necessary changes by close of business on Friday, March 1. After that time, the ability to update select account information will be locked until all 2013 season ticket invoices are printed and mailed.

First step for renewals.... just received email.
    Was about to post the same thing I just got it. I am guessing next week we will find out prices

Quote Originally Posted by Jets337 View Post
    I tailgate too we get in at 8 am. I park in lot k to get away from some of the craziness. Since the new stadium I feel like tailgate edict has gone downhill.
    that is because a lot of the old Jets fans aren`t there anymore. You have all these new fans. It`s all new to them and they just haven`t learned yet probably. Yes, I`m guessing but I think my guess is on the right track anyway. I haven`t been there in a few years now but I did notice the difference in fans, and that was the first season in the new stadium. Haven`t been back since.

SAR I
    see, now you finally made a legitimate post without berating anyone or bragging about wealth.

Very good points made. We always followed the parking rules, but we also showed up very early to set up and had our spots we used every game. New stadium came around and our spots were taken even though we had to line up our vehicles and wait for the lots to open. How the F does that happen? Did they pay off the toll taker? Regardless, the guys who took our spot(s) with their trailers were pretty nice people and we got along well for the one season.

What really bugged us about the old and new stadium, actually the entire meadowlands area, was, there is NOTHING to do and NOWHERE to go. Thats why tailgating is such a big deal in NJ. Our group would have loved to have the option of tailgating OR going to a pub/restaurant for pre-game and post-game. This is why I am so upset about the whole idea of sharing ANOTHER stadium again. I despise the place. There is NOTHING to do but grill and drink there. I agree with you that kids have absolutely nothing to do as well. They certainly don`t want to hang out with mom & dad and their friends, especially if no other kids their age are around. I have 2 daughters. They were bored to hell going so it`s another reason why I dropped my seats. Quite happy I didn`t waste money on PSLs because my girls really don`t want anything to do with football.

As far as your other points made, I couldn`t agree more about the food choices and prices and the stupid noise in the stadium. It really isn`t a great atmosphere anymore. Years ago in the old stadium it was fine. The tickets were priced accordingly(it was the Jets playing so they should be one of the cheapest in the legue, and they were till Parcells arrived). I also didn`t have kids and the wife didn`t want to go anymore so it was just a bunch buddies having a Sunday out 8x a year.

I have tons of suggestions for the Jets to make the game experience better for all but they ain`t paying me so they ain`t gettin `em.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Just got the Review your Acct. email, have up to 3/1 to make changes so tickets will follow after 3/1.

im going to wait and see if they raise ticket prices and or the parking fees to make my decision to cash out with with my ticket broker.

i was also considering an auction on e-bay or a raffle involving the local fire department ( sorry sar i i know you hate firemen) for my 4 psls and the winner be responsible to pay for the upcoming season. i would need to meet the brokers offer of $12.5k in any auction or raffle.

what do you guys think? would anyone want to buy a raffle ticket for say $20 each to own 4 psls? thoughts

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    im going to wait and see if they raise ticket prices and or the parking fees to make my decision to cash out with with my ticket broker.

i was also considering an auction on e-bay or a raffle involving the local fire department ( sorry sar i i know you hate firemen) for my 4 psls and the winner be responsible to pay for the upcoming season. i would need to meet the brokers offer of $12.5k in any auction or raffle.

what do you guys think? would anyone want to buy a raffle ticket for say $20 each to own 4 psls? thoughts
    Why would I want to win the right to pay approximately $5000 more for tickets for the next season? If I "won" the raffle, I would not accept the prize.

Quote Originally Posted by Digetydog View Post
    Why would I want to win the right to pay approximately $5000 more for tickets for the next season? If I "won" the raffle, I would not accept the prize.
    you obviously wouldnt buy a ticket or bid if you didnt agree to the terms.
    the raffle would be for 4 psls paid in full with rights to the tickets for life.

Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post

Depends on how many tickets are sold. A one in four chance to win I would pay $20 bucks.