Page 20 of 35 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: No Ticket Renewals yet?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FlagmanL11 View Post
    No old stadium lot was a disaster after the games, much more crap left behind IMO... As for the food, beer, friendship stuff I always welcome in those in need of a spot to hang....
    the lot is is and was a disaster no change. the crowd is not the same tailgating. society has changed. people used to be more friendlier and it was more of a controlled atmosphere. now they shove 10lbs of **** into a 5lb bag and tell you to have fun.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    the lot is is and was a disaster no change. the crowd is not the same tailgating. society has changed. people used to be more friendlier and it was more of a controlled atmosphere. now they shove 10lbs of **** into a 5lb bag and tell you to have fun.
    I am confused, guess your tailgate fizzled out. Where I am is as agood as it was, granted some people come and go, but with all these kids sports, people can't go all the time....

I will say the 5 hr limit sucks and I wish the old days of getting there before 7AM were back, but what can you do....

Feel free to swing by me next season...

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FlagmanL11 View Post
    I am confused, guess your tailgate fizzled out. Where I am is as agood as it was, granted some people come and go, but with all these kids sports, people can't go all the time....

I will say the 5 hr limit sucks and I wish the old days of getting there before 7AM were back, but what can you do....

Feel free to swing by me next season...
    my tailgate fizzled out because most of the regulars didnt buy into the psls or want to be in the upper upper deck. we used to park along the end and had 25 consistent regulars. the parking lot attendant used to save our spot for us as we used to keep him fed we even gave him $50 for christmas.

there were alot more fans who came to tailgate the new place its hit or miss and many get there late and rush into the stadium.

if im still a season ticket holder this season i might take you up on the offer. thanks

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    You are looking for something to do in the parking lot??? That's not very realistic. But, if you go inside the gate, the Jets have put in a bunch of things for kids. They could do better, but my boys love doing the run/pass/kick thing to the point that we go in about 1/2 hr earlier than we otherwise would. As far as the parking lot goes, my kids will throw a football for hours.
    No, not at all. There is only one thing to do in the parking lot and that is tailgate. We were looking for other options aside from the lot. There are none. I have 2 daughters. They don`t want to throw a football around for more than 5 minutes, which is a very long time in a girls world. Much different for boys. I know. I`m a boy still even though I`m old.

We have gone in early to the stadium and there wasn`t much to do really, especially for girls in their teens. A WSS would have been so wonderful for all of us, regardless of the costs(tickets, PSLs, etc...). Friggin Bruce Springsteen had an entire block of boardwalk stuff set up when he played the old place 10 nights straight. Do I expect that from the Jets/Giants? No. I do expect them to enforce some of the parking rules. Make sure underage drinking isn`t taking place. Having some sort of attraction or live music or basically something taking place pre-game like people were told they were going to have. Niether teams do crap pre-game because they want to pocket every penny they can. It`s a scam. I`ll leave it at that.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by The Band View Post
    No, not at all. There is only one thing to do in the parking lot and that is tailgate. We were looking for other options aside from the lot. There are none. I have 2 daughters. They don`t want to throw a football around for more than 5 minutes, which is a very long time in a girls world. Much different for boys. I know. I`m a boy still even though I`m old.

We have gone in early to the stadium and there wasn`t much to do really, especially for girls in their teens. A WSS would have been so wonderful for all of us, regardless of the costs(tickets, PSLs, etc...). Friggin Bruce Springsteen had an entire block of boardwalk stuff set up when he played the old place 10 nights straight. Do I expect that from the Jets/Giants? No. I do expect them to enforce some of the parking rules. Make sure underage drinking isn`t taking place. Having some sort of attraction or live music or basically something taking place pre-game like people were told they were going to have. Niether teams do crap pre-game because they want to pocket every penny they can. It`s a scam. I`ll leave it at that.
    Plus, girls can't use the filthy port-a-pots in the lots. Heck, some of them are so bad that I don't want to pee in them.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Digetydog View Post
    Plus, girls can't use the filthy port-a-pots in the lots. Heck, some of them are so bad that I don't want to pee in them.
    well thats another thing too that needs to be improved. Why can`t they have those bathroom trailers like some other places have? I`ve seen them air conditioned/heated with people who actually monitor and keep them clean. I mean c`mon, $1.6 BILLION we`re talkin here. Does Giants Stadium still have to be a Sh!thole for that kind of money? Absolutely ZERO improvements from the old stadium. The only real improvements are in the Mara/Tisch/Johnson savings accounts.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    well thats another thing too that needs to be improved. Why can`t they have those bathroom trailers like some other places have? I`ve seen them air conditioned/heated with people who actually monitor and keep them clean. I mean c`mon, $1.6 BILLION we`re talkin here. Does Giants Stadium still have to be a Sh!thole for that kind of money? Absolutely ZERO improvements from the old stadium. The only real improvements are in the Mara/Tisch/Johnson savings accounts.
    Last Spring, I went to a practice round at The Masters. Those rich farts have temporary bathrooms for "patrons" that make the bathrooms at the NYC Marriott Marquis look like crap. They even had attendants to keep an eye on things.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Last Spring, I went to a practice round at The Masters. Those rich farts have temporary bathrooms for "patrons" that make the bathrooms at the NYC Marriott Marquis look like crap. They even had attendants to keep an eye on things.
    Crazy right. I go to the Quail Hollow event as a guest of Wells and the men's rooms are trailers but have ceramic tile etc.....

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Governor's Island has those trailer/bathrooms too, by the water taxi beach. They should definitely sprinkle a couple dozen of those throughout the lots, that's a great idea.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by isired View Post
    Governor's Island has those trailer/bathrooms too, by the water taxi beach. They should definitely sprinkle a couple dozen of those throughout the lots, that's a great idea.
    http://www.forbes.com/sites/danalexa...y-investments/

The New York Jets, New York Giants and Dallas Cowboys are the last three teams to open stadiums financed largely by PSLs. The values of all three teams’ PSLs have plunged since their initial public offerings.

Jets fans who tried to sell PSLs this year lost an average of $3,233 per seat. Giants fans lost an average of $189, even though their team won the Super Bowl last year. And Cowboys PSL owners lost an average of $2,390 per seat since their stadium opened in 2009.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    Crazy right. I go to the Quail Hollow event as a guest of Wells and the men's rooms are trailers but have ceramic tile etc.....
    My prior post was written on my iPad so I kept it brief. Last year, I had to go in one of those Port a Pots before a game. The tailgating pigs had pee'd on virtually every surface of that thing.

I lived in a fraternity house for 3 years and I was offended. There is no way a woman/girl would be willing to use something like that.

My suggestion: with Giants/Jets games, they probably have 20 events a year. Why not build a few permanent structures in the parking lots with real restrooms.
    - During the pregames, staff it with some attendants to keep things under control.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Didn't we have toilet trailers at the old stadium?

I remember using them for a few years and then the last 3-4 years they were always locked. I think it was out near the old lot 13.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Alkrotraz View Post
    http://www.forbes.com/sites/danalexa...y-investments/

The New York Jets, New York Giants and Dallas Cowboys are the last three teams to open stadiums financed largely by PSLs. The values of all three teams’ PSLs have plunged since their initial public offerings.

Jets fans who tried to sell PSLs this year lost an average of $3,233 per seat. Giants fans lost an average of $189, even though their team won the Super Bowl last year. And Cowboys PSL owners lost an average of $2,390 per seat since their stadium opened in 2009.
    But....but.....but...."Investment Gold !" said SkippyGoo3......"Investment GOLD !!" said DinoSAR. (He promised)

What a shocker, no?

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    My prior post was written on my iPad so I kept it brief. Last year, I had to go in one of those Port a Pots before a game. The tailgating pigs had pee'd on virtually every surface of that thing.

I lived in a fraternity house for 3 years and I was offended. There is no way a woman/girl would be willing to use something like that.

My suggestion: with Giants/Jets games, they probably have 20 events a year. Why not build a few permanent structures in the parking lots with real restrooms.
    - During the pregames, staff it with some attendants to keep things under control.
    I was at the Walt Whitman Mall a few weeks ago. They are doing Renovation to bathrooms. They had large porta potties connect up in air, separate mens and women rooms. It was wired to outdoor lighting so it has lights and electric heat and it had the outdoor faucets hooked up so you could wash hands, cold water. Since ladies were sep from mens not all that piss splatter and people could actually wash hands. Filthy bathrooms and people eating with hands in parking lot at games not so nice.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    New Jersey Wants A "Different Face" On American Dream Project Before Super Bowl

Published February 19, 2013

Maybe it is "nothing more than lipstick on a pig, but New Jersey officials want to see a different face on the exterior of the long-stalled American Dream super mall project before next year’s Super Bowl at MetLife Stadium," according to Ted Sherman of the Newark STAR-LEDGER.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe it is "nothing more than lipstick on a pig, but New Jersey officials want to see a different face on the exterior of the long-stalled American Dream super mall project before next year’s Super Bowl at MetLife Stadium," according to Ted Sherman of the Newark STAR-LEDGER.
    And this has what to do with the title of this forum?? I think someone is reaching for something to post...

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

They need to bring in the demo crews and be done with it.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    They need to bring in the demo crews and be done with it.
    +1

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like

They have multiple bands playing outside the stadium (but inside the gate). They have some type of dance thing going on (that I never checked out but always seemed crowded with girls) and, as I mentioned previously, the area where you can kick FGs run through the blocking cones and throw passes.

They certainly could have more, but its going to mostly be sports - specifically football - related. That's the reality of a football game. They have a lot more stuff going on then at the old stadium - I'll definitely give them that.

I agree with the port o pottie discussion. I remember the old stadium used to have the trailers that provided a half decent bathroom. The ones I used were by Lot 17 near the big Budweiser tent where bands used to play (at least for a couple years).

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    They have multiple bands playing outside the stadium (but inside the gate). They have some type of dance thing going on (that I never checked out but always seemed crowded with girls) and, as I mentioned previously, the area where you can kick FGs run through the blocking cones and throw passes.

They certainly could have more, but its going to mostly be sports - specifically football - related. That's the reality of a football game. They have a lot more stuff going on then at the old stadium - I'll definitely give them that.

I agree with the port o pottie discussion. I remember the old stadium used to have the trailers that provided a half decent bathroom. The ones I used were by Lot 17 near the big Budweiser tent where bands used to play (at least for a couple years).

Jets if they wanted a new revenue stream could do pay toliets, clean nice toliets for ladies with no lines in parking lot and charge a buck each.

I would gladly pay one buck for my daughter to have a place to go.