Page 18 of 35 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: No Ticket Renewals yet?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Doesn't work: Parking lot one-space rules enforcement, lots have 10%-15% of spots taken by tailgaters, guards do not evict, must get to stadium 2 hours before kickoff to get a yellow space.

Doesn't work: PA system is way too loud, never stops making noise. Impossible to have a conversation with a seat neighbor for all the shouting, the bombardment of music, commercials, tee-boys, PC Richard's whistles, military honorees, evacuation strategies, helmet races, its a never-ending cacophony of an ear-splitting racket.

Could be better: Pregame entertainment for families. Because the parking forces you to arrive at the game 2 hours early, you wind up inside the stadium ring with 90 minutes to kill. The kids are bored of the inflatable obstacle course, dad doesn't want to walk-up to the ESPN booth, Jets need to do something more fun since they're forcing us to kill so much time.

Could be better: Food choices. There are tons of places to buy food, never any lines, but all the stands pretty much sell the same thing. Jets should step it up, offer us more options.

SAR I
    I posted a while back the parking at the new stadium sucks and that even with a parking permit if you dont get there early enough u are sol-you amongst others said it parking was a non issue as was traffic

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Alkrotraz View Post
    Depends on how many tickets are sold. A one in four chance to win I would pay $20 bucks.
    the idea would be to surpass the offer of the $12.5k in a raffle on an auction i would set the reserve higher than the $12.5k.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    the idea would be to surpass the offer of the $12.5k in a raffle on an auction i would set the reserve higher than the $12.5k.
    There are extreme NJ state regulations on raffles. In short, if you do so without proper approvals and registration, you rib a great risk. In addition, all raffle proceeds are taxable.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    There are extreme NJ state regulations on raffles. In short, if you do so without proper approvals and registration, you rib a great risk. In addition, all raffle proceeds are taxable.
    i would team up with a local fire department and donate a portion of the proceeds to them. they already have a raffle license. i wouldnt recoup what they are really worth so i dont think i would be subject to any taxes but would defintely qualify to file a loss.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    You are raffling off 4 Jet PSLs in LL EZ that only sold for 10K originally. Why would someone pay above face for the seats.

If I felt like giving 12.5k to firedept and wanted Jets PSLs I rather buy them for 6.5k in secondary and donate a tax deductable 6k to fire dept.

Also in this bidding the bidder gets a lousy tax deduction. I would bid on cheap PSLs in a charity auctions. I wont four coaches club seats tickets last year at a charity auction.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    you obviously wouldnt buy a ticket or bid if you didnt agree to the terms.
    the raffle would be for 4 psls paid in full with rights to the tickets for life.
    My point was that when I "win" a raffle, I don't normally expect to end up cutting someone a check much less a $5000 check. At most, I expect to pay the taxman.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Doesn't work: Parking lot one-space rules enforcement, lots have 10%-15% of spots taken by tailgaters, guards do not evict, must get to stadium 2 hours before kickoff to get a yellow space.

Doesn't work: PA system is way too loud, never stops making noise. Impossible to have a conversation with a seat neighbor for all the shouting, the bombardment of music, commercials, tee-boys, PC Richard's whistles, military honorees, evacuation strategies, helmet races, its a never-ending cacophony of an ear-splitting racket.

Could be better: Pregame entertainment for families. Because the parking forces you to arrive at the game 2 hours early, you wind up inside the stadium ring with 90 minutes to kill. The kids are bored of the inflatable obstacle course, dad doesn't want to walk-up to the ESPN booth, Jets need to do something more fun since they're forcing us to kill so much time.

Could be better: Food choices. There are tons of places to buy food, never any lines, but all the stands pretty much sell the same thing. Jets should step it up, offer us more options.

SAR I

I would love to see a better food selection....even though I tailgate, there are those times when something better than the offerings they have now.

I can't stand the ribbon board, constantly annoying.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    You are raffling off 4 Jet PSLs in LL EZ that only sold for 10K originally. Why would someone pay above face for the seats.

If I felt like giving 12.5k to firedept and wanted Jets PSLs I rather buy them for 6.5k in secondary and donate a tax deductable 6k to fire dept.

Also in this bidding the bidder gets a lousy tax deduction. I would bid on cheap PSLs in a charity auctions. I wont four coaches club seats tickets last year at a charity auction.
    in the raffle why would it matter what they originally cost if you could win them with a $20 ticket of chance.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bobr68 View Post
    I would love to see a better food selection....even though I tailgate, there are those times when something better than the offerings they have now.

I can't stand the ribbon board, constantly annoying.
    a football game has always been about a hot dog and beer. i dont go to a football game and expect them to serve gourmet food, especially at the prices they are charging.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like

Lol this is getting better and better

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    a football game has always been about a hot dog and beer. i dont go to a football game and expect them to serve gourmet food, especially at the prices they are charging.
    Can't argue with that...but sausage and peppers more readily available or a good burger....might be nice...but you're right, the prices are not easy to swallow.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mickey Shuler View Post
    Lol this is getting better and better
    how so in a raffle you buy a ticket for $20 to own 4 psls. how is this getting better and better. thanks

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bobr68 View Post
    Can't argue with that...but sausage and peppers more readily available or a good burger....might be nice...but you're right, the prices are not easy to swallow.
    they slap a gourmet name on pile of pulled pork and charge you $15 for a sandwich. no thanks

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Right on, Brother Corn.

We spent a few thousand dollars three years ago, less than the cost of a decent vacation, and we're supposed to be sad about that now? The train has left the station on that one already.

Let me know when the PSL exodus begins. It's getting quite tiresome waiting for it to start.

SAR I
    Just got back from Beaches in Negril, Jamaica... Cost me $13K, flew first class (which is a waste, but coach was not much cheaper for presidents week so why not) and had a decent room (not a suite) but kids loved the place and I had a huge area to sail around in the Hobie Cats... its their season tix...

Now back to this thread and my PSL and season tix... Invoices come out in March and usually need to be paid mid April. Those of us with tix since the new stadium opened know this. Now I wonder if the prices will go up???

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FlagmanL11 View Post
    Just got back from Beaches in Negril, Jamaica... Cost me $13K, flew first class (which is a waste, but coach was not much cheaper for presidents week so why not) and had a decent room (not a suite) but kids loved the place and I had a huge area to sail around in the Hobie Cats... its their season tix...

Now back to this thread and my PSL and season tix... Invoices come out in March and usually need to be paid mid April. Those of us with tix since the new stadium opened know this. Now I wonder if the prices will go up???

welcome back! preliminary reports are ticket prices are in fact going up hard to believe but hey this is the jets.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    I do agree with SAR on one thing. They should have a single lot reserved for non tailgaters. We have a Mezz B family section, but the parking lot is full of drunks cursing, peeing, vomiting, taking up multiple spots.

Case in Point, I did tailgate last game I went to a buddy and it was great. But time before I took my ten year old daughter by myself and I had to cross the lot of drunks yelling and even some guy was pissing between two cars as I walked by.

Be nice maybe if the Family Mezz B section at least for seats utilized by children could get at least Green parking, or an area where they can just park and go in.

Other issue kids dont last long at games. When I take a kid I would like to arrive right at game time and leave asap at end. If I had a spot up front clean and nice with no tailgate junk it would be great for those days.

Rest of time I am more than glad to hang out with the drunks
    Try the parking garage....

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets337 View Post
    I tailgate too we get in at 8 am. I park in lot k to get away from some of the craziness. Since the new stadium I feel like tailgate edict has gone downhill.
    Really, to me it is pretty much the same....

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    ive been told its smells like urine and is difficult to get out of after the game.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by The Band View Post
    see, now you finally made a legitimate post without berating anyone or bragging about wealth.

Very good points made. We always followed the parking rules, but we also showed up very early to set up and had our spots we used every game. New stadium came around and our spots were taken even though we had to line up our vehicles and wait for the lots to open. How the F does that happen? Did they pay off the toll taker? Regardless, the guys who took our spot(s) with their trailers were pretty nice people and we got along well for the one season.

What really bugged us about the old and new stadium, actually the entire meadowlands area, was, there is NOTHING to do and NOWHERE to go. Thats why tailgating is such a big deal in NJ. Our group would have loved to have the option of tailgating OR going to a pub/restaurant for pre-game and post-game. This is why I am so upset about the whole idea of sharing ANOTHER stadium again. I despise the place. There is NOTHING to do but grill and drink there. I agree with you that kids have absolutely nothing to do as well. They certainly don`t want to hang out with mom & dad and their friends, especially if no other kids their age are around. I have 2 daughters. They were bored to hell going so it`s another reason why I dropped my seats. Quite happy I didn`t waste money on PSLs because my girls really don`t want anything to do with football.

As far as your other points made, I couldn`t agree more about the food choices and prices and the stupid noise in the stadium. It really isn`t a great atmosphere anymore. Years ago in the old stadium it was fine. The tickets were priced accordingly(it was the Jets playing so they should be one of the cheapest in the legue, and they were till Parcells arrived). I also didn`t have kids and the wife didn`t want to go anymore so it was just a bunch buddies having a Sunday out 8x a year.

I have tons of suggestions for the Jets to make the game experience better for all but they ain`t paying me so they ain`t gettin `em.
    The Devils have the bars around the stadium and it is good for night games, but I do miss the tailgating for the playoffs...

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Never Ever park in a garage for a concert or sporting event if it can be avoided. They are nightmares to get out of.