Page 23 of 35 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread: No Ticket Renewals yet?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Quote Originally Posted by Digetydog View Post
    3) The Club: from what I saw, you cannot see the game from inside the club. Why would I want to go into the club to watch the game on TV? I can watch it on TV from my house.

The Jets, IMHO, made a huge mistake in making all of sideline Mezz seats club seats. They could probably have collected a decent PSL and a decent ticket price from what I think are the best seats in the house.
    Quote Originally Posted by BrowningNagle View Post
    plus while the club is nice - how can you not see the field from it? Makes it a business meeting center....awful for watching the game.
    Its akin to malpractice on the part of the designer not making the game viewable from the Club. If it meant raising the floor and the entire stadium 5 fit, so what? Slice off a few upper deck rows or, if perhaps just make the Club Mezz 12 rows instead of 14. Whatever the solution, it couldn't have been that hard.

It boggles the mind that they set up an exclusive area that you can hang out in, but you can't see the game.....although you almost can.

Personally, I've utilized the club and recognize that it has its benefits....and value.

But, if there was a way where you could hop inside, grab some food and mill about while still being able to watch the game, it would make the utility of the Club that much higher. And, I suspect more people would consider it.

Hindsight is always 20/20, but in this instance, I'm not sure how they didn't realize that you should be able to see the game from the CLub when the windows were presumably designed for that exact purpose.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    Its akin to malpractice on the part of the designer not making the game viewable from the Club. If it meant raising the floor and the entire stadium 5 fit, so what? Slice off a few upper deck rows or, if perhaps just make the Club Mezz 12 rows instead of 14. Whatever the solution, it couldn't have been that hard.

It boggles the mind that they set up an exclusive area that you can hang out in, but you can't see the game.....although you almost can.

Personally, I've utilized the club and recognize that it has its benefits....and value.

But, if there was a way where you could hop inside, grab some food and mill about while still being able to watch the game, it would make the utility of the Club that much higher. And, I suspect more people would consider it.

Hindsight is always 20/20, but in this instance, I'm not sure how they didn't realize that you should be able to see the game from the CLub when the windows were presumably designed for that exact purpose.

Funny thing is, Crash...I've done the Club several times, and each time, it was packed...and no one seemed to be missing "seeing" the game. IN fact, not many were even watching the monitors.

I think the Jets bet that that whole crowd would be willing to pay to sit inside...while the fanatics who stay in their seats, paid for the view and the option to scoot inside for a quick beer, food, warm-up or restroom stop.

-

Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    Funny thing is, Crash...I've done the Club several times, and each time, it was packed...and no one seemed to be missing "seeing" the game. IN fact, not many were even watching the monitors.

I think the Jets bet that that whole crowd would be willing to pay to sit inside...while the fanatics who stay in their seats, paid for the view and the option to scoot inside for a quick beer, food, warm-up or restroom stop.

-
    Probably correct....but for football fans its a no sell. Compare to Yankee stadium...everywhere I went I could see the game. It was great....its almost like the Jets/Giants forgot there was a game going on or like the prior post, figured who cares! Awful way to sell your product.

And while we're on boderline malpractice - please add the ridiculously few exits/entrances to the list. I mean did they even discuss this concept?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

-
    That's true - 75% of the people using don't really care. But, if it was constructed as it should have been, I'm guessing they could draw a good amount more into the Club fold. Plus, the people who were utilizing the Club would clearly utilize it and still be able to watch the game. The latter wouldn't affect the Jets bottom line, but it would nice if something functioned....ya know, the way it should.

The drawings of the Club showed you could watch the game from those seats. I guess they forgot that people actually had heads and would extend beyond the seatback. In fairness, its hard to think of all the little things - like your patron's heads - when constructing a stadium.

That's true - 75% of the people using don't really care. But, if it was constructed as it should have been, I'm guessing they could draw a good amount more into the Club fold. Plus, the people who were utilizing the Club would clearly utilize it and still be able to watch the game. The latter wouldn't affect the Jets bottom line, but it would nice if something functioned....ya know, the way it should.

The drawings of the Club showed you could watch the game from those seats. I guess they forgot that people actually had heads and would extend beyond the seatback. In fairness, its hard to think of all the little things - like your patron's heads - when constructing a stadium.
    LOL - I remember those drawingsof the Club....almost drew me in....I forget who broke the story on the "heads" - may have been SAR....but I could not believe that you couldnt see the field from the Club. When I took my tour I went in for that purpose and was shocked.

Its amazing what a billion gets you these days - imagine if the Jets built a stadium on their own....would they have remembered the field at all?

The original artists renditions of the proposed Mezz Clubs clearly showed a large full view of the field. Jets and Giants then got greedy adding a couple of rows and then were required to have a raised wheelchair module. The extra rows and wheelchair seating obliterated the field view. Anyone who purchased Club seats should have been able to back out of it based on misrepresentation by the Jets in their pictures promoting the Clubs. The Jets would not havve had a leg to stand on. Nevertheless, I like the Mezz clubs for inclement weather (rain). I don't mind the cold. I don' mind snow. I even don't mind sweltering heat. I f-ing hate hate hate sitting/standing in the rain.

the drawings were renditions of a 12 row Mezz w/out the wheelchair platforms too. The design changed after the drawings were published.

Misrepresentation at its finest.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

-
    ditto, club is as crowded as the seats in great weather, and more crowded as the weather gets cooler. i think it might actually be easier to get food/etc. there if you could see the game, as it is now everyone rushes up at the same time (breaks, visitors on D, etc.).

also, this is probably not a club issue per se, but the people manning the food channel concession (happens to be closest to 233) are slower than any other i've EVER encountered, even in other stadiums in areas notorious for their lackadaisical pace (tampa, charlotte, denver, san diego, etc., etc.). first time i went i thought it was just b/c it was preseason, but over the years nothing has changed.

agree that this was a huge design flaw. and frankly not what was sold in the drawings.

they are going to have a tough time keeping the mezz club holders.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    the drawings were renditions of a 12 row Mezz w/out the wheelchair platforms too. The design changed after the drawings were published.

Right - and did they really need rows 13/14? In fact, they could have designed the Clubs with both an outside covered patio AND inside tables if they were so inclined. Imagine that?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Right - and did they really need rows 13/14? In fact, they could have designed the Clubs with both an outside covered patio AND inside tables if they were so inclined. Imagine that?
    are those the rows right in front of the club glass? i think they're handicapped, with wheelchair access, no?

Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post

Is there such a thing as a wheelchair PSL? I mean you get no seat yet pay for a PSL, who uses that wheel chair row

They "could" and "should" have done many things - instead they went with a design that was a pure $ grab with minimal input and interest into the fan experience. Any rep that says otherwise is lying. The layout doesnt lie

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by batman10023 View Post
    agree that this was a huge design flaw. and frankly not what was sold in the drawings.

they are going to have a tough time keeping the mezz club holders.

We broke that story in the epic Stadium Thread.

Good times.

SAR I

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by BrowningNagle View Post
    They "could" and "should" have done many things - instead they went with a design that was a pure $ grab with minimal input and interest into the fan experience. Any rep that says otherwise is lying. The layout doesnt lie
    how's that "MASSIVE PSL EXODUS" you predicted two months ago coming along, Nagel???

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    how's that "MASSIVE PSL EXODUS" you predicted two months ago coming along, Nagel???
    if you trolled all the sites that psls are 4 sale and checked with ticket brokers you might have a clue.

Jets Insider VIP
    sorry GMC, not responding to any of your crap so you don't have to go crying like a six month old infant to the mods like you always do.

suffice it to say, a couple of hundred seats out of 55000 offered for sale is not a massive exodus

keep running with that fake story about your club seats and your ticket broker, though

very believable

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    sorry GMC, not responding to any of your crap so you don't have to go crying like a six month old infant to the mods like you always do.

suffice it to say, a couple of hundred seats out of 55000 offered for sale is not a massive exodus

keep running with that fake story about your club seats and your ticket broker, though

very believable
    im not gmc get over it already give yourself a summers eve douche and come back fresh to talk to me about my psls and your lows in life. thanks

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

I personally enjoy it when a poster responds to a post by saying they won't respond to said post.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post

We broke that story in the epic Stadium Thread.

Good times.

SAR I
    Lol.......That's my picture of my wife and daughter from when we took a tour of the club before the stadium opened.