Page 28 of 35 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: No Ticket Renewals yet?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    I park in 26 with those "orange folk"

respectful, polite and good jet fans every game

besides, the whole stadium atmosphere should be improved this season with you know who announcing publicly yesterday that he is not going to attend any games

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets337 View Post
    Christie is no longer a Jets employee. Unfortunately she is now making some guy very lucky in multiple ways.

http://www.facebook.com/christie.upt...ref=ts&fref=ts

Enjoy.
    AFAIC, Christie is the real gem in the Upton family. It was the Jets great loss when she returned to Florida. Mr. Williams is a lucky guy.

And SAR, she left the Jets before the 2012 season began. Of all the things on JI to dispute, why this?
    Last edited by Dcat; 03-04-2013 at 09:18 AM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

I am also willing to take a bet that the Jets are looking to do this to offer up more yellow parking since last year they wouldn't offer yellow parking to new ticket holders.
    Hope not.

Our lot is filled by 10, 10:30, as is. Nothing more annoying than someone trying to drive down the aisle at 10:30 in the morning only to likely find 0 parking spots available anyway.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    Hope not.

Our lot is filled by 10, 10:30, as is. Nothing more annoying than someone trying to drive down the aisle at 10:30 in the morning only to likely find 0 parking spots available anyway.
    drive down the aisle at 10:30...........jeez the game starts at 1 and isnt the aisle for just that driving down. its not for grills,seats,tents,football toss its for driving down. not everyone can be there when the gates open, cut them some slack. i dont mind at all when someone who is running late drives down the aisle looking for spot then again i dont use the aisle as my personal space.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    drive down the aisle at 10:30...........jeez the game starts at 1 and isnt the aisle for just that driving down. its not for grills,seats,tents,football toss its for driving down. not everyone can be there when the gates open, cut them some slack. i dont mind at all when someone who is running late drives down the aisle looking for spot then again i dont use the aisle as my personal space.
    People become idiots when they tailgate.

Last game I went to 49ers game with three young kids and wife no less. I got stuck in traffic and got there 12:20pm. I got waived off four lots finally they let me in a lot and as I am going up aisle at 1230 folks are giving me dirty looks. Some complete idiot guy drunk like in his 50s is throwing a ball in one hand beer in the other blocking aisle I cant of slowly pull up on him to give him hint, he yells hey cant you see I am playing ball and as I pass he throws the ball hard at my SUV. Finally I get up front and three spots with stuff. I stop and I am waiting at 12;40 pm, one guy goes if these jerks wont move there stuff you can park here, he was nice and moved there stuff. One guy goes why dont you get to game earlier if you want parking

Game starts at one pm, I got three little kids. I paid for parking ahead of time, I own a PSL and i am guranteed a spot. Why do I have to fight for a spot. There should be a pack it up rule around 30 minutes to game time.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Alkrotraz View Post

Last game I went to 49ers game with three young kids and wife no less. I got stuck in traffic and got there 12:20pm. I got waived off four lots finally they let me in a lot and as I am going up aisle at 1230 folks are giving me dirty looks. Some complete idiot guy drunk like in his 50s is throwing a ball in one hand beer in the other blocking aisle I cant of slowly pull up on him to give him hint, he yells hey cant you see I am playing ball and as I pass he throws the ball hard at my SUV. Finally I get up front and three spots with stuff. I stop and I am waiting at 12;40 pm, one guy goes if these jerks wont move there stuff you can park here, he was nice and moved there stuff. One guy goes why dont you get to game earlier if you want parking

Game starts at one pm, I got three little kids. I paid for parking ahead of time, I own a PSL and i am guranteed a spot. Why do I have to fight for a spot. There should be a pack it up rule around 30 minutes to game time.
    Ironically, it is the most fervent STHs that provide the best argument for watching the game at home. Every time I think about getting back in, I read one of these posts and I snap out of it.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

exactly ive seen this scenario happen way too many times ive actually been in it a few times. there is little or no decency for the fellow fans at the game anymore. its way worse at the new stadium. i get a kick out of those who ridicule others for what they consider proper tailgate etiquette as they are probably part of the problems and not part of any solutions.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    exactly ive seen this scenario happen way too many times ive actually been in it a few times. there is little or no decency for the fellow fans at the game anymore. its way worse at the new stadium. i get a kick out of those who ridicule others for what they consider proper tailgate etiquette as they are probably part of the problems and not part of any solutions.
    Oh the humanity!

So lets just get the facts straight:

You arrived 30 mins before an event that 70+ THOUSAND people are attending.

Throughout the country, at events exactly like this, people set up chairs and BBQ beforehand.

At this outdoor football event, people were actually throwing a football???

Because 90% of the people had already arrived, you had more trouble finding a parking space then if you had arrived an hour earlier then you did?

Im shocked and appalled.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    Oh the humanity!

So lets just get the facts straight:

You arrived 30 mins before an event that 70+ THOUSAND people are attending.

Throughout the country, at events exactly like this, people set up chairs and BBQ beforehand.

At this outdoor football event, people were actually throwing a football???

Because 90% of the people had already arrived, you had more trouble finding a parking space then if you had arrived an hour earlier then you did?

Im shocked and appalled.
    i usually arrive 4-5 hours before for 99% of the games i attend. there have been a few occasions where ive pulled into the lots a 1/2 hour before kickoff the lot attendant says the lots are full yet i see open spots that are filled with coolers,grills,tents is this ok? i paid for parking it doesnt say i must be there 5 hours prior to secure a spot does it? again for the most part those who defy this are usually the ones taking up all the spots and the ones arguing this.
    because i choose or not by choice i cant barbq means i dont secure a pre paid spot?

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    For about 3 or 4 seasons prior to construction of the new stadium, they had a preferred lot that did not permit tailgating. It was enforced.

We would zip in right before game time. They should bring that back. Seems it would solve a lot of problems.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Traitor Jay & the Woodies View Post
    For about 3 or 4 seasons prior to construction of the new stadium, they had a preferred lot that did not permit tailgating. It was enforced.

We would zip in right before game time. They should bring that back. Seems it would solve a lot of problems.
    Lot 18 (now lot J) I believe was the location. It permitted tailgating but you had to pay an extra $10 a game and you had a prepaid pass to park there each game. It was pretty empty I'd say only 25% full. Then construction started, spaces became limited and parking passes started.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Lot 18 (now lot J) I believe was the location. It permitted tailgating but you had to pay an extra $10 a game and you had a prepaid pass to park there each game. It was pretty empty I'd say only 25% full. Then construction started, spaces became limited and parking passes started.
    I don't remember anyone tailgating there, but I guess a few may have. It was a little oasis next to the stadium.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Traitor Jay & the Woodies View Post

A lot of problems?

Look I sympathize with families with young kids, especially anyone who wants to bring their daughter who might have to use one the awful portapotties. But there is an alcohol free section of the stadium and I beleive you can purchase parking closer to the stadium or arrive earlier to get inside more easily.

But for everyone else, to complain about tailgating at a football game is just pathetic. Its a FOOTBALL game. The VAST majority of attendees like to bbq, have a couple beers and throw a football - all so they can enjoy a nice day outside with friends and families. Like with any adult decision, attending a game comes with tailgating and in turn things like lots being crowded and having to get around a few chairs or tables.

Imagine this was a website about the opera, and I came on here and complained that every time i went to the opera it was awful, everyone was quiet, I wasnt allowed to cheer or yell during the performance, and no one walked around selling hot dogs. The response would be - "um, you do know you are at the opera and thats not how it works"?????

You are attending a football game, like at every other game in the country, people are tailgating.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    A lot of problems?

Look I sympathize with families with young kids, especially anyone who wants to bring their daughter who might have to use one the awful portapotties. But there is an alcohol free section of the stadium and I beleive you can purchase parking closer to the stadium or arrive earlier to get inside more easily.

But for everyone else, to complain about tailgating at a football game is just pathetic. Its a FOOTBALL game. The VAST majority of attendees like to bbq, have a couple beers and throw a football - all so they can enjoy a nice day outside with friends and families. Like with any adult decision, attending a game comes with tailgating and in turn things like lots being crowded and having to get around a few chairs or tables.

Imagine this was a website about the opera, and I came on here and complained that every time i went to the opera it was awful, everyone was quiet, I wasnt allowed to cheer or yell during the performance, and no one walked around selling hot dogs. The response would be - "um, you do know you are at the opera and thats not how it works"?????

You are attending a football game, like at every other game in the country, people are tailgating.
    I agree with you except for football throwing that should be banned in lot. It is stupid, you damage cars, there is traffic.

Other thing I dont like is Jets charge a fortune for parking partially do to costs of security, porta potties and clean up. Why should I pay extra to park so they can hire folks to clean up your piss and vomit.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I agree with you except for football throwing that should be banned in lot. It is stupid, you damage cars, there is traffic.

Other thing I dont like is Jets charge a fortune for parking partially do to costs of security, porta potties and clean up. Why should I pay extra to park so they can hire folks to clean up your piss and vomit.
    They dont charge a fortune due to security....parking is up over $10 per game since the old stadium, have you noticed a change in the quality of the porta-potties or the security personnel?

Im pretty sure New England charges $50 per car - do they hire FBI agents for the security? No, the price to park is high, because they sold PSLs and those people have virtually no choice to pay whatever the jets ask.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    A lot of problems?

If you aren't bothering people, I could give a rat's Fransesca what you are doing. I like to eat. I used to like to drink.

But - the complaints that are coming from Jets fans who are not fans of tailgate revolve around the fact that some (but not all) tailgaters causes problems for others:

1) Throwing footballs in parking lots is dangerous. While property damage is annoying, there is a real risk of hitting someone in the parking lot.

2) Garbage: sadly, many folks fail to clean up after themselves. They leave garbage, hot ashes, and broken glass all over the place.

3) Drunken behavior: Last year, there was a drunken foot dancing on top of a RV in his underewear.

4) Parking Spaces: Unfortunately, the Jets do not seem to be capable of forcing people to park in one space. I shouldn't have to park farther away from the stadium b/c Joe Tailgater has a tent set up in 2 extra parking spaces.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    They dont charge a fortune due to security....parking is up over $10 per game since the old stadium, have you noticed a change in the quality of the porta-potties or the security personnel?

Im pretty sure New England charges $50 per car - do they hire FBI agents for the security? No, the price to park is high, because they sold PSLs and those people have virtually no choice to pay whatever the jets ask.
    At the Pats games, you have the option at parking in private lots near the stadium (I did that for the Jets/Pats playoff game a couple of years ago). At Metlife, I don't believe that there are any private lots available.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

do you sing out loud at the opera? try it and let me know how it works out for you.

just because you are at a football game doesnt mean you should throw a football around the parking lot. people can get hurt,cars can get damaged and grills can get knocked over.

when you go to a ufc or a boxing match do you also fist fight in the parking lot prior to the game.

tailgating is part of the game day experience acting like a complete jackass and ruining someone elses day isnt whats its about.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    do you sing out loud at the opera? try it and let me know how it works out for you.

just because you are at a football game doesnt mean you should throw a football around the parking lot. people can get hurt,cars can get damaged and grills can get knocked over.

when you go to a ufc or a boxing match do you also fist fight in the parking lot prior to the game.

tailgating is part of the game day experience acting like a complete jackass and ruining someone elses day isnt whats its about.
    At least you are consistent with your non-sensical responses.

I didnt say you need to participate in the event or do what the people you are watching are doing.

Rather there are customs that exist with attending a football game, dont cry about them

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    At least you are consistent with your non-sensical responses.

I didnt say you need to participate in the event or do what the people you are watching are doing.

Rather there are customs that exist with attending a football game, dont cry about them
    customs that exist?

kids under 16 tossing a football at a game are ok. its the drunken fool adults with beer bellys that cant catch or throw that arent.

im not crying im stating a fact that many agree with not just myself.

the tailgate atmosphere and experience at metlife is a terrible one. ive been to many opposing teams home games and half the stuff that goes on here doesnt happen there.