Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 32 of 35 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast

Thread: No Ticket Renewals yet?

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Traitor Jay & the Woodies View Post
    Good point. It does seem that in the new stadium configuration lends itself to more cars crammed into less space (train station and half empty prime lots). I think more people tailgate now than ever before, so you have more people in that truncated area.

Then you have strange space taking games like corn hole tossing which spread like a pandemic over the past few years.
    In 2007 when they started construction on the new stadium and parking was at a premium we started to get there a lot earlier. We knew the days of taking up spaces would be more difficult and we pulled in early just to get our spot and have all the room we want without holding parking spots.

A lot of other people started to tailgate earlier too and it's kind of stuck. Two years ago when I was in a tailgate competition they let us in the lot at 7 am instead of 8. I remember pulling in and seeing people outside waiting for the lots to open at 8 am. I was thinking what do people do out here but some people have almost made a pre tailgate at 7 am.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets337 View Post
    In 2007 when they started construction on the new stadium and parking was at a premium we started to get there a lot earlier. We knew the days of taking up spaces would be more difficult and we pulled in early just to get our spot and have all the room we want without holding parking spots.

A lot of other people started to tailgate earlier too and it's kind of stuck. Two years ago when I was in a tailgate competition they let us in the lot at 7 am instead of 8. I remember pulling in and seeing people outside waiting for the lots to open at 8 am. I was thinking what do people do out here but some people have almost made a pre tailgate at 7 am.
    We wait. We talk with friends, drink coffee and just shoot the ****. We're the people that used to get there to start our tailgate at 6 or 7am before the B.S. time limits kicked in.

Come on Lenny.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Cool.

I'm going to get 5 of my friends and 3 sets of lawn darts and set up on either side of your tailgate bonanza and have a fun game for 2˝ hours as we wait for kickoff.

And no worries- we'll be completely sober and your flags will help us gauge the wind.

SAR I
    Best part is I park by grass for your darts. Tailgate utopia for the lawn dart crew...

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    Yeah, we have a group at L7 and we saw them pull in and head towards you guys. Watched the videos of all 32 tailgates. Very cool.

Nice guys it looks like.
    Great guys living a dream, fun to meet them

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets337 View Post
    For me there's a big difference between tailgating and throwing the football. When I was a kid there would be some areas that were open enough to throw a football. There's not as much of that now which poses a problem.

I have no problem with tailgating I am there at 8 am to tailgate. I setup on an island area so we are not set up in any parking spots. Most people are there by 10 am or so. I park in lot K which has a bit more room. The big problem isn't only people taking up spots but who little room there is down the rows of parking spots. If people set up in the rows like the Jets want there is no room for cars to fit through. Most other stadiums are a bit more tailgate set up friendly.
    Yep. Exactly.

And I know for a fact that in our group of 30-50 people, no one is throwing a football around after 930, 10am or so, when the lots are full. If you want to throw, throw in those first two hours when the lot is fairly empty or has big pockets of emptiness, and that's what we tend to do. This whole thread isn't about the annoyance of tailgating, but the annoyance of throwing footballs and hitting cars and when you've been drinking for 3 or 4 hours and you're tossing balls around the lot, problems will occur.

Perhaps they could put a time ban on throwing a football. Make it 10am. Why not? They have a time ban on tailgating.]
    Last edited by 124; 03-05-2013 at 07:18 AM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetfan16 View Post
    Elaborate?
    Pepole crying about tailgating before a football game, cant park in a dirty lot Etc...

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BrowningNagle View Post
    yeah a 70 year old guy who gets nailed in the head with a hard football from 50 yds away while minding his own business is pussification...
    If people in the lot can throw 50 yards, send them to tryout...

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FlagmanL11 View Post
    If people in the lot can throw 50 yards, send them to tryout...
    no thsanks....arm like Manning....accuracy like Sanchez. He was aiming at his buddy 10 yds to the left....maybe he was seeing 2 of them he was so drunk.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yep. Exactly.

And I know for a fact that in our group of 30-50 people, no one is throwing a football around after 930, 10am or so, when the lots are full. If you want to throw, throw in those first two hours when the lot is fairly empty or has big pockets of emptiness, and that's what we tend to do. This whole thread isn't about the annoyance of tailgating, but the annoyance of throwing footballs and hitting cars and when you've been drinking for 3 or 4 hours and you're tossing balls around the lot, problems will occur.

Perhaps they could put a time ban on throwing a football. Make it 10am. Why not? They have a time ban on tailgating.]
    While I wouldn't be happy if my car is damaged, my biggest fear is hitting a child.
    - As we all know, kids focus on the ball - not traffic.
    - In a crowded parking lot with tents and pedestrians, drivers have a lot to keep track of and a kid running out from between parked cars could be missed until it was to late.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    kids under 16 tossing a football at a game are ok. its the drunken fool adults with beer bellys that cant catch or throw that arent.
    Why is the cutoff 16? Plenty of times Ive seen young kids throwing a football and hitting cars.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    count me in i will bring the boom box speakers with the molly hatchett and judas priest cds...........breakin the law breakin the law!!!!!!!
    Whats wrong with Judas Priest?

Just remember to bring the generator to plug in to.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    We wait. We talk with friends, drink coffee and just shoot the ****. We're the people that used to get there to start our tailgate at 6 or 7am before the B.S. time limits kicked in.

Come on Lenny.
    Back at the old stadium, my tailgate group was the same way - waiting on line at 8 am or earlier to get in, have coffee and breakfast, throw a football if we wanted when there were very few cars around.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyn Jet View Post
    Back at the old stadium, my tailgate group was the same way - waiting on line at 8 am or earlier to get in, have coffee and breakfast, throw a football if we wanted when there were very few cars around.
    Only Tebow and Sanchez should throw footballs in the parking lot. That way we are guaranteed no-one wearing a Jets Jersey gets hit by a football.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Alkrotraz View Post
    Only Tebow and Sanchez should throw footballs in the parking lot. That way we are guaranteed no-one wearing a Jets Jersey gets hit by a football.
    Very well done, sir!

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Alkrotraz View Post
    LOL!

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BrowningNagle View Post
    yeah a 70 year old guy who gets nailed in the head with a hard football from 50 yds away while minding his own business is pussification...
    Well boys, karma bit me inthe A$$ this morning... I was practing Paddle Tennis with a couple of pros this morning to get ready for the National Tournament my club is hosting and got in close to the net and got nailed in the nose from close range by a hard drive, blood all over the place... not borken, but sore....
    Last edited by FlagmanL11; 03-05-2013 at 11:59 AM.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Interesting...

Browns dump PSLs

Posted by Mike Florio on March 5, 2013, 11:17 AM EST

Getty Images
    Folks buying tickets to the Factory of Sadness have new cause to be happy.

Somewhat buried in a Monday press release announcing that the Browns won’t be increasing prices for the fifth straight year is an acknowledgement that the Browns are dropping the Personal Seat License requirement for any new season-ticket buyers at FirstEnergy Stadium.

In the past, some areas of the stadium did not have a PSL attached to the season ticket. Now, all new season tickets will be PSL-free.

“Our fans have exhibited tremendous loyalty over the years and we want to continue to reward that loyalty through affordability and by putting a team on the field of which they can be proud,” Browns CEO Joe Banner said in a release. “To maintain that affordability, it was important that we keep the status quo on ticket prices for the fifth consecutive year and also extend the sections of the stadium that do not require a PSL.”

But what about the current owners of seats that have a PSL? Those folks will continue to own the license, which can be bought and sold. And the license will continue to attach to the seat until the holder of the license stops buying season tickets (or otherwise violates the PSL agreement).

At that time, the season tickets would revert to the Browns, who under their new policy would make them available without a PSL.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...wns-dump-psls/

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FlagmanL11 View Post
    Well boys, charma bit me inthe A$$ this morning.
    Why would you name your dog Charma?

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Buldawg View Post
    Browns dump PSLs

Getty Images

Somewhat buried in a Monday press release announcing that the Browns won’t be increasing prices for the fifth straight year is an acknowledgement that the Browns are dropping the Personal Seat License requirement for any new season-ticket buyers at FirstEnergy Stadium.

In the past, some areas of the stadium did not have a PSL attached to the season ticket. Now, all new season tickets will be PSL-free.

“Our fans have exhibited tremendous loyalty over the years and we want to continue to reward that loyalty through affordability and by putting a team on the field of which they can be proud,” Browns CEO Joe Banner said in a release. “To maintain that affordability, it was important that we keep the status quo on ticket prices for the fifth consecutive year and also extend the sections of the stadium that do not require a PSL.”

But what about the current owners of seats that have a PSL? Those folks will continue to own the license, which can be bought and sold. And the license will continue to attach to the seat until the holder of the license stops buying season tickets (or otherwise violates the PSL agreement).

At that time, the season tickets would revert to the Browns, who under their new policy would make them available without a PSL.

Ouch

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Buldawg View Post
    Browns dump PSLs

Getty Images

Pretty crazy that they would do that, but I guess thats what happens when the team is bad for so long.