Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 35 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 699

Thread: No Ticket Renewals yet?

  1. #1
    All League
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    2,701
    Post Thanks / Like

    No Ticket Renewals yet?

    By this time last year, the Jets had already announced the pricing for STH's.

    I wonder what they are cooking up that is taking so much time.

  2. #2
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    188
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm thinking of upgrading my psl through the jets and my rep told me to wait til the last week of February because there will be clarity then. On that note: am I foolish for thinking of upgrading sec 129 row 12 over the tunnel to 134 row 23ish mid row. 7k more PSL plus ticket prices? Not so much about my financials but about value.

  3. #3
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    716
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bobr68 View Post
    I'm thinking of upgrading my psl through the jets and my rep told me to wait til the last week of February because there will be clarity then. On that note: am I foolish for thinking of upgrading sec 129 row 12 over the tunnel to 134 row 23ish mid row. 7k more PSL plus ticket prices? Not so much about my financials but about value.
    Those are great seats, but Jets will still have trouble selling them. At 7.5k each even seats such as row 5 on aisle next to 135 are only going for 7k each. And you can get LGL seats as cheap as 5k each

    2 Lower Level Goal Line 134 5 25 - 26 Aisle All $14,000

    36541 2 Lower Level Sideline 142 30 1 - 2 Aisle All $15,000

    2 Lower Level Goal Line 109 24 14 - 15 All $10,000

  4. #4
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,506
    Post Thanks / Like
    I agree. It seems it's a buyers' market right now, and that it doesn't make sense to pay full price from the Jets now when there are better deals out there to be had

  5. #5
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    716
    Post Thanks / Like
    Flood damaged homes and cars and PSLs are all in a buyers market right now.

    If Jets threw in a great deal for upgrading and you hate your current seats and have paid them off so you cant default it might be worth it.

  6. #6
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Thornwood, NY
    Posts
    5,498
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Digetydog View Post
    By this time last year, the Jets had already announced the pricing for STH's.

    I wonder what they are cooking up that is taking so much time.
    Well they already dropped the Tebow bomb on us last season.

    They can't wow us with Vick now that he's resigned with the Eagles.

    It's gotta be Jamarcus. No doubt he's the guy to put the fans back in the seats in NJ.

  7. #7
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    716
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by nycdan View Post
    Well they already dropped the Tebow bomb on us last season.

    They can't wow us with Vick now that he's resigned with the Eagles.

    It's gotta be Jamarcus. No doubt he's the guy to put the fans back in the seats in NJ.
    Free foot massages from Mr. and Mrs. Rex Ryan will be a big hit.

  8. #8
    All League
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    2,701
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Cornfed View Post
    I agree. It seems it's a buyers' market right now, and that it doesn't make sense to pay full price from the Jets now when there are better deals out there to be had
    There is one exception to that rule: If you are a current PSL owner and you finance your current/future seats, the transaction costs of buying/selling seats + the need to pay full price may make an "upgrade" a smart decision. Especially if you can "upgrade" in to premium seats in the section you want to end up in.

    Let's say I bought 2 x $5K (FV) seats and currently owe $2.5K each.
    Let's say I want to upgrade to 2 x $10k (FV) seats.

    Step 1: Sell current seats at a loss - use funds to pay off balance of loan;
    Step 2: Buy new seats at 2 x $5k = $10K check
    Step 3: Pay transaction costs on both deals.
    Result: Paid $10K for the new seats + $2.5K for the old seats (the loss) + transaction costs = $12,500 + transaction costs
    - But, you have to take the seats that are available on the open market.

    OR:

    Step 1: Agree to pay $2 x $10K for the new seats that you really want (Low Row/Aisle/whatever you want);
    Step 2: The Jets credit your new seats with $2,500
    Result: You paid $20K for the seats you really wanted. Lets say you get Aisle seats closer to the higher priced sections.

    The key is to make sure that you get the "GREAT" seats within a given section. Don't do it to sit in the middle of a row in a high row close to the cheaper sections.

  9. #9
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    188
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Digetydog View Post
    There is one exception to that rule: If you are a current PSL owner and you finance your current/future seats, the transaction costs of buying/selling seats + the need to pay full price may make an "upgrade" a smart decision. Especially if you can "upgrade" in to premium seats in the section you want to end up in.

    Let's say I bought 2 x $5K (FV) seats and currently owe $2.5K each.
    Let's say I want to upgrade to 2 x $10k (FV) seats.

    Step 1: Sell current seats at a loss - use funds to pay off balance of loan;
    Step 2: Buy new seats at 2 x $5k = $10K check
    Step 3: Pay transaction costs on both deals.
    Result: Paid $10K for the new seats + $2.5K for the old seats (the loss) + transaction costs = $12,500 + transaction costs
    - But, you have to take the seats that are available on the open market.

    OR:

    Step 1: Agree to pay $2 x $10K for the new seats that you really want (Low Row/Aisle/whatever you want);
    Step 2: The Jets credit your new seats with $2,500
    Result: You paid $20K for the seats you really wanted. Lets say you get Aisle seats closer to the higher priced sections.

    The key is to make sure that you get the "GREAT" seats within a given section. Don't do it to sit in the middle of a row in a high row close to the cheaper sections.

    That's what I was thinking...I'm only 10% in on 8k of the PSL's( 2 x 4k that I bought last summer) so If I sell at a loss and include the transaction fees, I'm just chasing my money away...thinking of the move but am not sure that the view is worth 7k more? Looked at the seats while at the stadium but hard to tell without sitting for the game...I do like that my seats only have 2 rows of people between me and the action...again, it's whether the move is worth the money, not whether the psl's are worth it.

  10. #10
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    716
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bobr68 View Post
    That's what I was thinking...I'm only 10% in on 8k of the PSL's( 2 x 4k that I bought last summer) so If I sell at a loss and include the transaction fees, I'm just chasing my money away...thinking of the move but am not sure that the view is worth 7k more? Looked at the seats while at the stadium but hard to tell without sitting for the game...I do like that my seats only have 2 rows of people between me and the action...again, it's whether the move is worth the money, not whether the psl's are worth it.
    you paid 4k for 2.5k seats? Ouch

  11. #11
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    188
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Alkrotraz View Post
    you paid 4k for 2.5k seats? Ouch
    came to party a little late...but I couldn't have swung it when they were 2.5k for personal reasons. But I do like my sec 129 row 12 seats...and look at it this way, the upgrade doesn't seem so bad...what do you think of 131,133 and 134 in terms of values?

  12. #12
    All League
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    2,701
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bobr68 View Post
    came to party a little late...but I couldn't have swung it when they were 2.5k for personal reasons. But I do like my sec 129 row 12 seats...and look at it this way, the upgrade doesn't seem so bad...what do you think of 131,133 and 134 in terms of values?
    You have mail.

  13. #13
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    118
    Post Thanks / Like
    I called to test the waters to see if they had anything closer to the field-I am row 11 field level-there was nothing closer in any sections so I am staying put for now unless I see something pop up better-I goal line now

  14. #14
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    716
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bobr68 View Post
    came to party a little late...but I couldn't have swung it when they were 2.5k for personal reasons. But I do like my sec 129 row 12 seats...and look at it this way, the upgrade doesn't seem so bad...what do you think of 131,133 and 134 in terms of values?
    I dont like 131 or 133 on side towards 131,

    I like 134 on side towards 135. You have greenroom behind you, near jets store, bathrooms and concessions have no line and it is no steps or escalators to get from entrance to seats.

    Feels like a mini club seat and at $130 a ticket it is good value. In secondary 134 sells for more than 133 but ticket price is same so kinda makes up that PSL costs more.

  15. #15
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge
    Posts
    16,028
    Post Thanks / Like
    They are still deciding more important things like which players to put on the tickets.

  16. #16
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    1,120
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    They are still deciding more important things like which players to put on the tickets.
    It's hard to find 10 noteworthy players who will be on the team next year.

  17. #17
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge
    Posts
    16,028
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Postseason View Post
    It's hard to find 10 noteworthy players who will be on the team next year.
    That's what I was implying, most likely won't be players could be a large opponent logo year. lol.

  18. #18
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    716
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    That's what I was implying, most likely won't be players could be a large opponent logo year. lol.

    has the ny giants announced 2013 ticket prices?

  19. #19
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge
    Posts
    16,028
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Alkrotraz View Post
    has the ny giants announced 2013 ticket prices?
    Don't know, don't care. The price is the price.

  20. #20
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    3,386
    Post Thanks / Like
    with each and every ticket renewal package will be a tube of anal lube in fresh mint flavor. numerous lucky random season ticket holders will recieve the woody johnson look-a-like applicator, enjoy!

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us