Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Three team Trade?

Three team Trade?

The trade scenarios are pretty tough to make reasonable, but there is so little actual news going on, so at least its something to discuss.

Sanchez has a cap figure of about $8,540,625 for this season. If we convert $5million to a roster/signing bonus that the jets eat, that leaves his 2013 salary at about $3.5 million.

We need a WCO QB, Seattle needs a Read-Option Backup QB, and Minnesota needs a backup to ponder who might have some upside.

It does seem to make some sense if we were to approach Minnesota and Seattle about the following.

We send sanchez ($3.5 base salary) to Minnesota and a 6th round pick to Seattle.

Minnesota sends Joe Webb to Seattle to be Wilson's backup

Seattle sends us Matt Flynn.

Minnesota has cap room and needs a backup to Ponder who has some upside. Seattle saves salary, gets their read-option backup QB and also gets a late round pick to use on a developmental QB. We get out WC QB.

Obviously a long shot, but this does make some sense for everyone involved.

what is the last 3 way trade in the NFL?

Anything that gets Sanchez out of here gets my full endorsement.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    The trade scenarios are pretty tough to make reasonable, but there is so little actual news going on, so at least its something to discuss.

Sanchez has a cap figure of about $8,540,625 for this season. If we convert $5million to a roster/signing bonus that the jets eat, that leaves his 2013 salary at about $3.5 million.

We need a WCO QB, Seattle needs a Read-Option Backup QB, and Minnesota needs a backup to ponder who might have some upside.

It does seem to make some sense if we were to approach Minnesota and Seattle about the following.

We send sanchez ($3.5 base salary) to Minnesota and a 6th round pick to Seattle.

Minnesota has cap room and needs a backup to Ponder who has some upside. Seattle saves salary, gets their read-option backup QB and also gets a late round pick to use on a developmental QB. We get out WC QB.

I would be more in favor of a trade for Nick Foles.

There was a report/rumor that suggested a KC/Eagles trade because of the Reid connection, and KC's need at the position.

I say the Jets are a potential equal trading partner and could be an equally good fit with his OC from last year Mornhinweg now with the Jets.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    I would be more in favor of a trade for Nick Foles.

There was a report/rumor that suggested a KC/Eagles trade because of the Reid connection, and KC's need at the position.

I say the Jets are a potential equal trading partner and could be an equally good fit with his OC from last year Mornhinweg now with the Jets.
    I just dont see a fit with Phila as their offense under Kelly isnt suited to Sanchez at all.

Another report came out on rotoworld speculating that flynn is available for any late round pick....and that they are looking for an athletic backup for wilson.

I know these scenarios are far fetched, but this does make sense for all 3 teams involved, especially since minny has cap space

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by K-Met57 View Post
    what is the last 3 way trade in the NFL?
    3 years ago April... http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5113415

Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    Right.

Jets Insider VIP

Even Rick Speilman isnt this stupid. Nobody is trading for mark sanchez. Nobody.

I just dont see a fit with Phila as their offense under Kelly isnt suited to Sanchez at all.

Another report came out on rotoworld speculating that flynn is available for any late round pick....and that they are looking for an athletic backup for wilson.

I know these scenarios are far fetched, but this does make sense for all 3 teams involved, especially since minny has cap space
    May not only be Sanchez, could be Sanchez and a pick, or just a pick, or sending Sanchez somewhere else for a pick or a non-QB player. My point is the team should exhaust the Nick Foles option.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Even Rick Speilman isnt this stupid. Nobody is trading for mark sanchez. Nobody.
    You're blinded by hate, emotion, and ignorance re: Sanchez.

Stop it already.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Nobody had to trade for Chaddy cakes either..

This scenario is extremely far fetched and just banter for fans to talk about, but if we were to trade Sanchez to any other team for anything I would be ecstatic not only for the Jets, but also for Sanchez.

Anyone can tell that Sanchez is done here. His days as QB of the NYJ are behind him and I doubt he'll ever get another shot to be QB. If he left, I would be happy for him that he'd be getting a fresh start and also that we'd be rid of him.

It also seems to be that everyone in this thread is bringing up some good options for QB for our team. I would love to get Matt Flynn as a stopgap until we find our QB of the future. I would also love Nick Foles because of the Marty connection. I think both of them would make great replacements for Sanchez.

And lets face it, at this point, anyone we put in there is addition by subtraction. We get a QB that actually takes good care of the football and will barely ever commit a turnover. That's a hell of a lot better than consistently throwing the ball up for grabs like Sanchez would be doing if he were the QB. This is why I believe there are MANY options out there for QB for the NYJ in 2013.

We aren't winning the SB this season, so why not take ANY guy that just replaces Sanchez and does not commit the turnover in record numbers like Sanchez did? That would certainly result in more wins for the team and more excitement for the fans, at least in the short term.

Undrafted Free Agent
    for 3.5 mil as the backup, that's actually a reasonable move for Minnesota. Don't even need to flip Webb...could just send a late round pick to Seattle for Flynn and let them work the rest.

Seattle does not run a read option offense. I never seen them run even one option play. Llych runs out of the I. Seattle has some designed runs for Wilson, but they are more of a qb draw. He runs when a play breaks down.

Seattle a 6th rd pick for a developmental QB? Developmental qbs are taken in the 6th rd when a team already has a backup. if a SB contending team needs someone to step in for a few games a guy like Mallet, Osswiller, Cousins, Foles are drafted somebody in the 2nd or 3rd rd. I can see Seattle bitting on Colin Klien late but they will still need a nfl backup.

The trade makes more sense if you take the jets out of it. Minn trades a 6th and Webb for Flynn. They pay Flynn 2mill more than they would Sanchez, but get a qb that spent 3 years in their division and (against that division last year) to me a better qb at this stage in their careers.

If seattle wants a flyer on a similar qb to Wilson, Josh Johnson is a FA and suits the bill better than Webb.

Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    Seattle does not run a read option offense. I never seen them run even one option play. Llych runs out of the I. Seattle has some designed runs for Wilson, but they are more of a qb draw. He runs when a play breaks down.

Seattle a 6th rd pick for a developmental QB? Developmental qbs are taken in the 6th rd when a team already has a backup. if a SB contending team needs someone to step in for a few games a guy like Mallet, Osswiller, Cousins, Foles are drafted somebody in the 2nd or 3rd rd. I can see Seattle bitting on Colin Klien late but they will still need a nfl backup.

The trade makes more sense if you take the jets out of it. Minn trades a 6th and Webb for Flynn. They pay Flynn 2mill more than they would Sanchez, but get a qb that spent 3 years in their division and (against that division last year) to me a better qb at this stage in their careers.

If seattle wants a flyer on a similar qb to Wilson, Josh Johnson is a FA and suits the bill better than Webb.
    While I agree that the trade makes a lot of sense for minn and seattle to do it without the jets, the rest of what you say is completely wrong.

Here is a quote from today regarding the seattle QB plans:

Pete Carroll added that the team would like to replace flynn with a more athletic QB similar to russel wilson.

Here is another quote from a breakdown of seattles offense:

What the Seahawks have also done is incorporate the zone read-option from the Pistol and traditional gun formations. Against the 49ers, they had quite a bit of success with it against the weak-side defender. In the play below, they read unblocked outside linebacker Ahmad Brooks from the shotgun set with Lynch aligned to the right of Wilson.

Lastly, the developmental QB i was thinking about for seattle is mat scott from arizona who in no way is considered a 3rd round pick in a draft this deep. He is a very mobile QB with a strong arm, who needs some time to develop, IMO the perfect player to sit behind wilson.

Veteran

This is actually not a terrible scenario that you laid out here. The only hiccup I see is - why not trade web for Flynn directly and negate the Sanchez part of the deal?

All League

Eagle, good thinking with the 3-team trade thing.

But how about, a Tebow & a 7th rounder for Flynn. Wouldn't he be a perfect backup to Wilson?

Keep Sanchez, get Flynn, and draft a QB in the mid rounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Yankeejet22 View Post
    Eagle, good thinking with the 3-team trade thing.

But how about, a Tebow & a 7th rounder for Flynn. Wouldn't he be a perfect backup to Wilson?

Keep Sanchez, get Flynn, and draft a QB in the mid rounds.
    I think the tebow - flynn trade makes a lot of sense too from a football sense, im just not sure if seattle wants the headache of tebow being there, but it would be an entirely different situation with wilson so firmly entrenched.

Gut feeling is that something is gonna happen here. There are just too many fits with Idzik coming from seattle, us getting a WCO Offensive coordinator, and the potential fits, be it with tebow or someone else.

While I agree that the trade makes a lot of sense for minn and seattle to do it without the jets, the rest of what you say is completely wrong.

Here is a quote from today regarding the seattle QB plans:

Pete Carroll added that the team would like to replace flynn with a more athletic QB similar to russel wilson.

Here is another quote from a breakdown of seattles offense:

What the Seahawks have also done is incorporate the zone read-option from the Pistol and traditional gun formations. Against the 49ers, they had quite a bit of success with it against the weak-side defender. In the play below, they read unblocked outside linebacker Ahmad Brooks from the shotgun set with Lynch aligned to the right of Wilson.

Lastly, the developmental QB i was thinking about for seattle is mat scott from arizona who in no way is considered a 3rd round pick in a draft this deep. He is a very mobile QB with a strong arm, who needs some time to develop, IMO the perfect player to sit behind wilson.
    I got ahead of myself- When i read "read option" i think of the qb option. My mistake. many teams in the nfl run the read option out of the spread. What the author is describing is just that an audible based on the alignment of the backer. With Wilson either in a traditional shotgun with Lynch on the side or the pistol with Wilson taking the snap 1 step further back, but Lynch still in the I.

The pats in a sense run a read option spread with a ZBS. My point is that Seattle does not run designed run plays for Wilson. Carroll desire for a similar qb is the same reason that BB picked Mallet, You want continuity in play development. I didn't say that Seattle would not want to get more athletic at qb.

I offered up Josh Johnson who IMO is even more suited to be a back up than a 6th rd pick. At least Johnson has been in the league for 4 years and tossed the ball 200 times.

If Seattle lets Flynn go to get a more athletic qb, Josh Johnson is more nfl accomplished than Webb. If you want another developmental qb, I like Colin Klien more than Scott late in the draft.

Veteran
    The Jets did a 3 way trade not that long ago but I cant recall what it was.

Anyone remember?