Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Three team Trade?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jets31 View Post
    The Jets did a 3 way trade not that long ago but I cant recall what it was.

Anyone remember?
    Falcons, Jets & Broncos.

Abraham to the Falcons, Jets got a 1st rounder & took Mangold. I don't remember what the Broncos received.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    Nobody had to trade for Chaddy cakes either..
    NOBODY did trade chaddy cakes. Chad Pennington was CUT by the NYJ when they signed Brett Favre.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    NOBODY did trade chaddy cakes. Chad Pennington was CUT by the NYJ when they signed Brett Favre.
    And that's exactly what I meant.. If he had any value to other teams we could have got something for him..

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    I would be more in favor of a trade for Nick Foles.

There was a report/rumor that suggested a KC/Eagles trade because of the Reid connection, and KC's need at the position.

I say the Jets are a potential equal trading partner and could be an equally good fit with his OC from last year Mornhinweg now with the Jets.
    Foles should be our main target besides dumping Suckchez.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    And that's exactly what I meant.. If he had any value to other teams we could have got something for him..
    NICE save

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    NICE save
    What save?? You would have to mind numb to not know Chad was cut and picked up by the Fins.. Try to control your dislike of me and just read the post.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Even Rick Speilman isnt this stupid. Nobody is trading for mark sanchez. Nobody.
    Unless Tanny gets another GM job.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nobody had to trade for Chaddy cakes either..
    Fins picked him up and they won the division. We got Farve and thought we were going to the SB. How'd that work out for us.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    I got ahead of myself- When i read "read option" i think of the qb option. My mistake. many teams in the nfl run the read option out of the spread. What the author is describing is just that an audible based on the alignment of the backer. With Wilson either in a traditional shotgun with Lynch on the side or the pistol with Wilson taking the snap 1 step further back, but Lynch still in the I.

The pats in a sense run a read option spread with a ZBS. My point is that Seattle does not run designed run plays for Wilson. Carroll desire for a similar qb is the same reason that BB picked Mallet, You want continuity in play development. I didn't say that Seattle would not want to get more athletic at qb.

Pat, that's incorrect. The play in question was a straight Read/Option with the QB and the RB. If the defender being "read" crashed down to take the RB, Wilson would have kept the ball. If defender stays out to take the QB, ball gets handed to Lynch

Here's the photo that accompanied the article:

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    Pat, that's incorrect. The play in question was a straight Read/Option with the QB and the RB. If the defender being "read" crashed down to take the RB, Wilson would have kept the ball. If defender stays out to take the QB, ball gets handed to Lynch

Here's the photo that accompanied the article:

I said that they could have run some as gadget plays. But they don't run a qb option offense. As I said, I spoke to fast- read the word "option" and thought of a running qb ofense similar to Carolina, Denver two years ago, or DC this last year. Seattle does not run that type of offense.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I said that they could have run some as gadget plays. But they don't run a qb option offense. As I said, I spoke to fast- read the word "option" and thought of a running qb ofense similar to Carolina, Denver two years ago, or DC this last year. Seattle does not run that type of offense.
    Stripped down to it's main theme, what you came back with was this:

The pats in a sense run a read option spread with a ZBS. My point is that Seattle does not run designed run plays for Wilson.

No, the Pats do not "in a sense run a read option spread with ZBS". Brady doesn't run anything close to a read option. They'll run a Zone stretch play now and then, or a draw from the shotgun, but that's about as close as it gets.

And yes, Seattle does run designed run plays for Wilson, i.e. Read/Option plays. The difference is the frequency. Denver ran read/option quite a bit with Tebow in 2011. Cam ran it less frequently in both 2011 and 2012 in Carolina, RG3 even less. Seattle ran it now and then as a change of pace kind of thing. Basically, kind of like they had Russell run naked boots now and then.

Based on the article, it looks like they will be incorporating more of it into their offense.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Joe Webb is hot garbage. OTOH, The trade that makes the most sense to me is Sanchez to the Vikes for salary cap relief and a late pick.

Matt Flynn may be a viable NFL QB. He may not, of course. But his upside is far better than Joe Webb. No reason for the Seahawks to downgrade their backup situation like that. They can afford him if need be and draft a developmental QB for the future if they move n from Webb.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

No, the Pats do not "in a sense run a read option spread with ZBS". Brady doesn't run anything close to a read option. They'll run a Zone stretch play now and then, or a draw from the shotgun, but that's about as close as it gets.

And yes, Seattle does run designed run plays for Wilson, i.e. Read/Option plays. The difference is the frequency. Denver ran read/option quite a bit with Tebow in 2011. Cam ran it less frequently in both 2011 and 2012 in Carolina, RG3 even less. Seattle ran it now and then as a change of pace kind of thing. Basically, kind of like they had Russell run naked boots now and then.

Based on the article, it looks like they will be incorporating more of it into their offense.
    I already said that my mind skipped over read option and read qb option.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by K-Met57 View Post
    what is the last 3 way trade in the NFL?
    The OP made it clear this isn't likely and simply something to discuss.

I think it's a good topic and a reasonable trade across the board.

No need to find fault in everything.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

I already said that my mind skipped over read option and read qb option.

And after the beating rg3 took this year, and with Russel Wilson even smaller,
    I dont think you will see a significant increase in opportunities for the LB to crush the QB, remember he can get hit like a rb once he tucks the ball, whether he still had it or it or tossed it off.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    The trade scenarios are pretty tough to make reasonable, but there is so little actual news going on, so at least its something to discuss.

Sanchez has a cap figure of about $8,540,625 for this season. If we convert $5million to a roster/signing bonus that the jets eat, that leaves his 2013 salary at about $3.5 million.

We need a WCO QB, Seattle needs a Read-Option Backup QB, and Minnesota needs a backup to ponder who might have some upside.

It does seem to make some sense if we were to approach Minnesota and Seattle about the following.

We send sanchez ($3.5 base salary) to Minnesota and a 6th round pick to Seattle.

Minnesota sends Joe Webb to Seattle to be Wilson's backup

Seattle sends us Matt Flynn.

Minnesota has cap room and needs a backup to Ponder who has some upside. Seattle saves salary, gets their read-option backup QB and also gets a late round pick to use on a developmental QB. We get out WC QB.

Obviously a long shot, but this does make some sense for everyone involved.
    well...it is somethin' to discuss....

eaglenj, hi !
    i seriously doubt ANY team would want to trade ANYTHING of ANY value for mark.

( end of discussion ) .

cheers ~ ~

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    i would trade sanchez for a beer