Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shameless

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

Shameless

Anyone else watch this?

2nd season just finished over here and I really liked it. Some of the scenes have you stop and think « they didn’t just write that... LMAO”

The writers must have a blast with the different characters.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah. I watch it. I like Showtime's entire lineup. Shameless, House of Lies, Californication, Homeland, Dexter, Weeds, etc. Looking forward to the new series with Liev Shreiber. Right now I would have to say they are way ahead of HBO.

They do push the envelope a little bit. Some of it seems a little exaggerated at times. I am sure you can download the Season 3 episodes ahead of time so you don't have to wait until their make there way across the pond.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Are you watching the American or UK version in France? I've watched American, but I want to check out the original.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by isired View Post
    Are you watching the American or UK version in France? I've watched American, but I want to check out the original.
    The US version. Only recently heard there was an original UK version .
    Last edited by RaoulDuke; 02-15-2013 at 09:11 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    So Showtime basically bit off of the UK? Kind of like The Office.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Never seen it, but would totally watch because of Emily Rossum, because I am in love with her.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    the UK version is unintelligible.

Love me some Fiona. Not the ugly Brit... Emmy Rossum.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post
    Never seen it, but would totally watch because of Emily Rossum, because I am in love with her.
    She shows off her fine titty-boobs quite often. Lots of naked, young, perky titty-boobs on that show. Also is really entertaining show, which helps. William H. Macy has long been one of my favs.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

Last edited by THE_SOOTHSAYER; 02-19-2013 at 01:26 PM.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I really like Shameless, but love Emmy Rossum. She's hot and can dress down when needed. Her portrayal of Fiona is pretty amazing.

I think an hour is too long though. I think the show would work better as a half hour episode.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Yeah. I watch it. I like Showtime's entire lineup. Shameless, House of Lies, Californication, Homeland, Dexter, Weeds, etc. Looking forward to the new series with Liev Shreiber. Right now I would have to say they are way ahead of HBO.

Showtime has always been good, but not as good as HBO. HBO has been struggling recently with the loss of some of their key long-running series.

I don't really care for House of Lies. Californication jumped the shark, but made a comeback starting last season imo. Homeland is great. Dexter is just ok for me lately. It's been downhill since Lithgow's season. I always loved Weeds and was sorry to see it go.

HBO - Game of Thrones rules. I'm a big fan of Boardwalk Empire. I can live with or without Trueblood. I've grown to like the quirky Enlightened. That's about it.

Cinemax is an up and comer. Strike Back is awesome. Hunted was decent (now over), and Banshee has been a very good surprise.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I called dibs on Emmy Rossum when I was like 13 or 14 and she was in the Disney channel movie "Genius."

Even back then I knew she'd be a looker!

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think that entire Showtime lineup is great. I've just started watching the UK version of Shameless, and although it's very good, it's hard to get past the heavy Cockney accents and the different actors playing the same parts as the American version. And as others have mentioned, the copious weekly titty shots are an added bonus, and lacking on the UK version.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I first saw Ms. Rossum when she did the Phantom of the Opera movie. She was smoking then.

You can tell that they try to not make her look good on the show but it is hard b.c she is such a natural beauty.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NYRAGE View Post
    Showtime has always been good, but not as good as HBO. HBO has been struggling recently with the loss of some of their key long-running series.

I don't really care for House of Lies. Californication jumped the shark, but made a comeback starting last season imo. Homeland is great. Dexter is just ok for me lately. It's been downhill since Lithgow's season. I always loved Weeds and was sorry to see it go.

HBO - Game of Thrones rules. I'm a big fan of Boardwalk Empire. I can live with or without Trueblood. I've grown to like the quirky Enlightened. That's about it.

Cinemax is an up and comer. Strike Back is awesome. Hunted was decent (now over), and Banshee has been a very good surprise.
    I agree for the most part. I wast just talking about recently. Right now IMO Showtime has a better lineup. But HBO has a long line of classics. They are in a bit of a transition now. GoT and Boardwalk are both excellent. Trueblood has fallen off. Newsroom has too much dialogue and is a little too politically-charged.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by greenwichjetfan View Post
    I called dibs on Emmy Rossum when I was like 13 or 14!
    Ummmmmmm......OK?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Great show! Classic lines every week.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by greenwichjetfan View Post
    I called dibs on Emmy Rossum when I was like 13 or 14 and she was in the Disney channel movie "Genius."

Even back then I knew she'd be a looker!

That almost reads as diddler-creepy. Almost.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2® View Post
    Ummmmmmm......OK?
    Eh, she and I were born a couple months apart. At 13, I was into another 13 year old.

Quote Originally Posted by brady's a catcher View Post
    That almost reads as diddler-creepy. Almost.

Crap, you're saying its not cool to be into 13 year old Disney channel chicks?