Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 42

Thread: Time for Sanchez to walk the walk

  1. #21
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    609
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    He will never take a snap as qb of the NYJ ever again. Stop with the Sanchez threads!
    Everything you have predicted in the last few months has been totally wrong. Just stop already. We get it, you hate Rex, Sanchez, and pretty much everything that has to do with the Jets.

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Down, Set, Haiku View Post
    LOL... C'mon Maine, gimme a break. It's easy to sit behind a computer and write our best of intentions, but in reality you wouldn't do so because:

    A) The NFLPA would put the kibosh on that and that would be that.
    B) Though you support Rex Ryan, proving your insanity , I do declare you aren't a stupid person, and when the time came to hand back all of that guaranteed money, somewhere intelligence would kick in.
    You see that is just it.

    First of all, you say the union would put the kibosh on it. But I do not believe they can do that. They cannot force anyone to do something they do not want to do. They may be able to force someone to join the union. That has happened to me in the past. As much as I hate unions, I had no choice as it was a closed workplace.

    But in this case, all they can do is give Sanchez ADVICE. I don't believe they can strong arm anyone.

    Second of all, you call it intelligence to keep the money. I call that being greedy. You would call renegotiating his contract when he had a guaranteed 8.25 million coming to him being STUPID. I call it integrity.

    And make no mistake about it, I've thought this through. If I'm Mark Sanchez, I've already made multi millions and I've got an enormous bank account. So why would I want to take this money when I know everyone in the court of public opinion would think I was a useless POS that chose to take the money when I knew I wasn't worth it? I would compare that to democrats in the world. People who are willing to stand there with their hands out wanting something for free. Actually LACKING the common sense or honor depending how you look at it, to know that if I EARNED the money, I would truly have something to be proud of. I don't want anything that I deem as charity. And don't mistake that with giving someone a gift. That's different.

    I can't stand dishonest people. I have a genuine hatred for thieves. I think they are about as low as pedophiles.

    You probably call that nuts. That's fine. I understand my beliefs happen to be something very unpopular with anyone, even my friends. But for me it makes sense.

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    You see that is just it.

    First of all, you say the union would put the kibosh on it. But I do not believe they can do that. They cannot force anyone to do something they do not want to do. They may be able to force someone to join the union. That has happened to me in the past. As much as I hate unions, I had no choice as it was a closed workplace.

    But in this case, all they can do is give Sanchez ADVICE. I don't believe they can strong arm anyone.

    Second of all, you call it intelligence to keep the money. I call that being greedy. You would call renegotiating his contract when he had a guaranteed 8.25 million coming to him being STUPID. I call it integrity.

    And make no mistake about it, I've thought this through. If I'm Mark Sanchez, I've already made multi millions and I've got an enormous bank account. So why would I want to take this money when I know everyone in the court of public opinion would think I was a useless POS that chose to take the money when I knew I wasn't worth it? I would compare that to democrats in the world. People who are willing to stand there with their hands out wanting something for free. Actually LACKING the common sense or honor depending how you look at it, to know that if I EARNED the money, I would truly have something to be proud of. I don't want anything that I deem as charity. And don't mistake that with giving someone a gift. That's different.

    I can't stand dishonest people. I have a genuine hatred for thieves. I think they are about as low as pedophiles.

    You probably call that nuts. That's fine. I understand my beliefs happen to be something very unpopular with anyone, even my friends. But for me it makes sense.
    Totally understood and I commend your beliefs, the world needs more of an outlook like that.

    Having said that, the bold is where I lose you. Mark didn't hold out for a new contract and suddenly begin sucking, nor did he do it Al Haynesworth style. The Jets knew Sanchez wasn't worth a darn, and they restructured his contract. The key word being CONTRACT. By all laws I'm familiar with the wording and terms of said contract is of utmost legality unless it violated a league rule, which to my knowledge it hasn't. They are in a binding legal agreement to pay him that amount for his services, and to my knowledge his guarantees are not tied to whatever specific services those may be. Don't blame Sanchez for the Jets FO screw up, nor should he have any reason to feel the need to pardon the mistake of an employer who will remove him from the premises ASAP.

    You want to call him undeserved and a bust? I'm with you. Dishonest & a thief? That doesn't compute
    Last edited by Down, Set, Haiku; 02-15-2013 at 04:43 PM. Reason: form to from

  4. #24
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Ormond Beach, Florida, United States
    Posts
    12,798
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    Still people clinging like grim death to the notion that Sanchez is redeemable, acceptable or anything but a less than jag Qb that needs to be gone asap. You could take any Qb in the league, any of them at all and give them a top 5 oline, defense and running game and people will be singing the praises of the QB.

    No, let it go man. Our one and only objective should be getting rid of him asap. anything that keeps him in the uniform a day longer than need be should be looked as as total failure.
    I think some of these guys would rather see Suckchez stay with us as a QB then for the Jets to develop a real QB and win a Super Bowl. Its like their lives are staked on Sucky being our QB.

  5. #25
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Ormond Beach, Florida, United States
    Posts
    12,798
    Quote Originally Posted by Led Halen View Post
    Everything you have predicted in the last few months has been totally wrong. Just stop already. We get it, you hate Rex, Sanchez, and pretty much everything that has to do with the Jets.
    Maybe he hates losing more then you do.

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Down, Set, Haiku View Post
    Totally understood and I commend your beliefs, the world needs more of an outlook like that.

    Having said that, the bold is where I lose you. Mark didn't hold out for a new contract and suddenly begin sucking, nor did he do it Al Haynesworth style. The Jets knew Sanchez wasn't worth a darn, and they restructured his contract. The key word being CONTRACT. By all laws I'm familiar with the wording and terms of said contract is of utmost legality unless it violated a league rule, which to my knowledge it hasn't. They are in a binding legal agreement to pay him that amount for his services, and to my knowledge his guarantees are not tied to whatever specific services those may be. Don't blame Sanchez for the Jets FO screw up, nor should he have any reason to feel the need to pardon the mistake of an employer who will remove him from the premises ASAP.

    You want to call him undeserved and a bust? I'm with you. Dishonest & a thief? That doesn't compute
    I know. I understand. But I make that leap of logic as foolish as it may sound.

    I compare taking money that you did not clearly earn to the same sort of guilt that goes along with cheating. Have you ever messed around with another female behind your wife or girlfriends back? Did the guilt eat you up? Did your conscience get to you?

    That would be the same way I would feel if had gotten money that I knew I had done nothing to get.

    And who knows, I could be completely wrong about this. There's always a chance that Sanchez responds to Morhinweg's coaching and turns things around. If that is the case, then fine. I just believe it will never happen.

  7. #27
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Naples FL
    Posts
    44,274
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    I know. I understand. But I make that leap of logic as foolish as it may sound.

    I compare taking money that you did not clearly earn to the same sort of guilt that goes along with cheating. Have you ever messed around with another female behind your wife or girlfriends back? Did the guilt eat you up? Did your conscience get to you?

    That would be the same way I would feel if had gotten money that I knew I had done nothing to get.

    And who knows, I could be completely wrong about this. There's always a chance that Sanchez responds to Morhinweg's coaching and turns things around. If that is the case, then fine. I just believe it will never happen.
    If that was the case Revis stole money when he couldn't play last year..Do you think Sanchez wants to suck as a player?? He and the team agreed to a certain contract while I disagree what Tanny did it is what it is.. Just like when Revis holds out when he's clearly under contract do you want to give him a pass for that?? You can't compare yourself to a pro athlete and believe it or not I know how you feel and I couldn't take something I didn't feel I deserved either.. Unless of course I was a pro player and had a contract..

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    If that was the case Revis stole money when he couldn't play last year..Do you think Sanchez wants to suck as a player?? He and the team agreed to a certain contract while I disagree what Tanny did it is what it is.. Just like when Revis holds out when he's clearly under contract do you want to give him a pass for that?? You can't compare yourself to a pro athlete and believe it or not I know how you feel and I couldn't take something I didn't feel I deserved either.. Unless of course I was a pro player and had a contract..
    This

  9. #29
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    609
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    Maybe he hates losing more then you do.
    Hating losing is fine. Being unhappy with the current state of affairs is fine. Longing for improvement is fine. But the constant doom predictions and constant trashing of the team, coaches, front office really gets old. I don't mean to single out Joe W here because there's alot of miserable posters on this board.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post

    I compare taking money that you did not clearly earn to the same sort of guilt that goes along with cheating. Have you ever messed around with another female behind your wife or girlfriends back? Did the guilt eat you up? Did your conscience get to you? .
    Did you feel bad after you shot that deer?

  11. #31
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    2,556
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri_0515 View Post
    He's considered the worst starting QB in the league because he IS the worst starting QB in the league. If he plays well next year fine, but consider this Marks last year in New York.
    I don't like him for us anymore as a starting QB, but to say he is the worst is saying a player like Kolb is better, and I just don't think he is.

  12. #32
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Mianus CT
    Posts
    7,978
    Quote Originally Posted by rmeyer52 View Post
    I am not surprised that the new GM wants to redo Sanchez's contract and while he could take a hard line and tell the team no he could also look at the current balance is his bank account and say "Yes" because he has something to prove.

    Right now Sanchez is considered among the worst QB's in the NFL and that is not going to change until he can show the fans and other teams that he belongs in a starting role. The reality is that Sanchez is not a Brady or Manning and never will be so we need to stop comparing him to QB's like Flaco and Tom Tom. In order to succeed Sanchez needs a very good supporting cast that includes an excellent O/L and running game that scares other team. He also needs receivers who can do more with their on field moves than their mouthes.

    New York is probably one of the toughest if not the toughest sports market to play in. If Sanchez takes the field at the first home game he is going to get booed but he can quickly turn that around by showing me and everyone else that the decline in play in the last two years is not his legacy.

    your right he can succed if he has an all pro team but so can every other qb duh......
    the only thing you forgot is he also needs aa top 3 defense and special teams..............yep we can get him that every season.......we have our franchise QB he just needs

    munoz,hannah, pace, upshaw, and mathews as his oline

    rice, maynard, moss,and toon as his wr's

    dave meggat, janikowski, and guy as special teams

    payton, smith, brown, and johnston as his rb's and fb's

    the 2000 ravens defense

    novacek and sharpe as his te's

    your right he can win then.

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    I know. I understand. But I make that leap of logic as foolish as it may sound.

    I compare taking money that you did not clearly earn to the same sort of guilt that goes along with cheating. Have you ever messed around with another female behind your wife or girlfriends back? Did the guilt eat you up? Did your conscience get to you?

    That would be the same way I would feel if had gotten money that I knew I had done nothing to get.

    And who knows, I could be completely wrong about this. There's always a chance that Sanchez responds to Morhinweg's coaching and turns things around. If that is the case, then fine. I just believe it will never happen.
    As much as it irks me to see guys making way more than they should, Sanchez isn't at fault here. The Jets took a game and tried to get more years at a lower cost. IF Sanchez had turned all pro this year and gone all Brady or Peyton Manning, would it be right for him to hold out on the rest of his contract and demand more money the next two years?

    That was the gamble that Tanny and the Jets took. They wanted to lock him in and the negotiated rate which would have been a discount if he had progressed.

  14. #34
    We need 2 starting guards, a RT, a Starting WR, a running back and possibly a new TE. If Sanchez is smart he will work out a restructured deal in a trade and say goodbye to the NY Jets. This teams O is going to suck for a long time.

  15. #35
    All League
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    3,515
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    You see that is just it.

    First of all, you say the union would put the kibosh on it. But I do not believe they can do that. They cannot force anyone to do something they do not want to do. They may be able to force someone to join the union. That has happened to me in the past. As much as I hate unions, I had no choice as it was a closed workplace.

    But in this case, all they can do is give Sanchez ADVICE. I don't believe they can strong arm anyone.

    Second of all, you call it intelligence to keep the money. I call that being greedy. You would call renegotiating his contract when he had a guaranteed 8.25 million coming to him being STUPID. I call it integrity.

    And make no mistake about it, I've thought this through. If I'm Mark Sanchez, I've already made multi millions and I've got an enormous bank account. So why would I want to take this money when I know everyone in the court of public opinion would think I was a useless POS that chose to take the money when I knew I wasn't worth it? I would compare that to democrats in the world. People who are willing to stand there with their hands out wanting something for free. Actually LACKING the common sense or honor depending how you look at it, to know that if I EARNED the money, I would truly have something to be proud of. I don't want anything that I deem as charity. And don't mistake that with giving someone a gift. That's different.

    I can't stand dishonest people. I have a genuine hatred for thieves. I think they are about as low as pedophiles.

    You probably call that nuts. That's fine. I understand my beliefs happen to be something very unpopular with anyone, even my friends. But for me it makes sense.
    i agree. it all started when obama invited sanchez to the white house. that's when sanchez became a pedophile thief.

  16. #36
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    52,055
    Quote Originally Posted by Winstonbiggs View Post
    If Sanchez is smart he will work out a restructured deal in a trade and say goodbye to the NY Jets.
    What possible incentive is there for Sanchez to restructure his contract? He is already guaranteed $8.25MM from the Jets this year.

    The only reasons players are willing to restructure are two-fold:

    1) More guaranteed money upfront as a signing bonus
    2) More guaranteeed salary on later years of the contract

    Do you seriously think the Jets are going to do either one?

    After Sanchez pockets his cool $8.25MM this year, he will be gone next year anyway.

  17. #37
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Cocoa Beach, Fl
    Posts
    3,233
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    He will never take a snap as qb of the NYJ ever again. Stop with the Sanchez threads!
    Sanchez will be the Jets starting QB, deal with it..

  18. #38
    census has played poorly but he is a team player and is working hard

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    I know. I understand. But I make that leap of logic as foolish as it may sound.

    I compare taking money that you did not clearly earn to the same sort of guilt that goes along with cheating. Have you ever messed around with another female behind your wife or girlfriends back? Did the guilt eat you up? Did your conscience get to you?

    That would be the same way I would feel if had gotten money that I knew I had done nothing to get.

    And who knows, I could be completely wrong about this. There's always a chance that Sanchez responds to Morhinweg's coaching and turns things around. If that is the case, then fine. I just believe it will never happen.

    Pretty arrogant to call it money he did nothing to get. Much of Sanchez's value was placed in what he did in his first two years on those two playoff runs, where some fans (many of whom later called for Tanny's firing over the same contract they praised) saw him as our next Namath. It's not like we went 6-10 for two years and then gave him the contract.

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    What possible incentive is there for Sanchez to restructure his contract? He is already guaranteed $8.25MM from the Jets this year.

    The only reasons players are willing to restructure are two-fold:

    1) More guaranteed money upfront as a signing bonus
    2) More guaranteeed salary on later years of the contract

    Do you seriously think the Jets are going to do either one?

    After Sanchez pockets his cool $8.25MM this year, he will be gone next year anyway.
    His insentive to restructure is to get out from under a NY Jets O that needs to completely rebuild including OL. His contract runs out and if he can restructure for a sign and trade deal to a team that needs a QB and has some pieces in place he has an excellent chance to get another big deal from that team the following year. With the Jets he is going to compete for a job on a team that needs 2 guards a RT and a WR, possibly a TE. He isn't going to have any value if he stays here. He might well make a ton more money if he can work out a trade and get the Jets to pay a nice chunk of his money to start for another team next year.

    Who knows Sanchez might want to be an NFL QB for another 5 to 8 years and if he can start in the NFL he probably is going to have the potential to make another 50 or 60 Million dollars. 8.25 for one year and Vet backup money for 3 or 4 years may not be what Mark Sanchez is thinking?
    Last edited by Winstonbiggs; 02-18-2013 at 11:15 AM.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us