Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Results 101 to 119 of 119

Thread: Dump Tebow now

  1. #101
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    1,694
    Post Thanks / Like
    Before anyone damns him for speaking at this stupid church should they at least hear what he has to say once he gets there? What if he makes a statement that says discrimination is wrong?


    Christianity isn't the only religion that rejects homosexuality. Orthodox Judaism and Islam do too. Also, Judaism and Islam reject Christianity as a "false religion" as well as rejecting each other as the same.



    But again, this has ZERO to do with football.

  2. #102
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    13,518
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ucrenegade View Post
    i am not typing from a insane asylum

    You should be.

  3. #103
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    13,518
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    Ummm, hate to ask, but isn't this where we discuss FOOTBALL ? More specifically, the NY Jets ?
    Yes. So why are you here?

  4. #104
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    882
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by billygreen View Post
    Also, Judaism and Islam reject Christianity as a "false religion" as well as rejecting each other as the same.
    Islam refers to Christian and Jews as 'children of the Book' and they view Christians as having an incomplete faith based on texts that are full of inaccuracies. But they have a shared heritage and many shared figures.

    Christians just didn't take the left turn at Muhammedville.

  5. #105
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Midland Park, NJ
    Posts
    3,703
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Guys, I'm ashamed that it took me this long to come to grips with the fact that this man isn't dealing in logic or facts. I apologize for wasting precious board space by arguing with a brick wall. I am really, really sorry.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfxCyfDXwAI
    We knew this when he wanted to see Tebow play

  6. #106
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    684
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ucrenegade View Post
    for every scientist that says they found something I can find a scientist that says it is false...............google will tell you anything usually contradicting stories and scientist.

    Let me ask 100 doctors if their is a genetic origin then I will believe you

    but these scientist that calim these are prob the same ones who think we came from a ape.
    Um, there isn't one piece of legitimate scientific doctrine that is recognized today that says we "came from apes." What we have is a COMMON ANCESTOR with what we refer to presently as "apes." By the way, humans are scientifically categorized as apes as well. But you keep believing that what we argue is that from a gorilla a human magically appeared. Just like your juvenile belief that females owe their existence to a man's rib

  7. #107
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Oswego County, Upstate NY, USA with my wife and family.
    Posts
    360
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wow, what a thread. Three things that always stir up hornets nets: Religion, politics, and sexuality.

    - Many of the major world religions believe homosexuality isn't a healthy lifestyle. They also believe that promiscuity, pedophilia, bestility are all unhealthy/unclean/unholy too, and every different person's moral compass will give you a different answer. Doesn't make them hateful. Christians are not anti-gay - that is a lie based on anti-Christian misportrayals. Differing opinions do not make people against or hateful of each other. We all also have a freedom of choice to select any religious belief and/or sexual preference we so desire. Look around the league and I'll bet you'll find people of every major faith and belief system... and wanting to dump a player because you disagree with his faith is just plain bigoted.

    - Science is the observation of facts. Just facts. Humans make statements on what they see in those facts based on their personal worldiew. Their personal faith. A scientist can make predictions, and make an educated guess based on knowledge, but science itself makes ZERO claims on origins. Show me a thousand scientists and I'll show you several hundred different conclusions from the same scientific evidence presented to them. People believe in three major theories on origins that all are mutually exclusive to each other: Naturalistic Darwinism (Deny that there is a God because one has never been observed and macro-evolution explains all life on earth), Theistic Darwinism (believe that macro-evolution happened and it was guided by a Supernatural God), and Supernatural Creationism (say that macro-evolution has never been observed, therefore did not happen and a Supernatural God created the Universe). And guess what? ALL SEE THE SAME EXACT FACTS. They decipher the facts differently based on their belief systems. They see it through a different lens. There is zero empirical evidence that absolutely nothing created absolutely everything. There is zero empirical evidence that a supernatural creator created absolutely eveything from absolutely nothing. Each person chooses which they believe on FAITH. I've never understood why each side says they are superior to the other. None have proven anything... science is science and origins is completely unproven. Myself, I am a believer in a Supernatural Creator God, but I look at both facts and logic to come to that conclusion. Each person has the freedom to examine the facts and come to their own conclusions as well.

    Don't they?
    Last edited by ChrisChrusher#40; 02-16-2013 at 10:17 PM.

  8. #108
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    14,733
    Post Thanks / Like
    When you say that gay people "choose to be gay" and that they're "influenced by spirits", yet you can't actually prove that and then blatantly refuse to even try, you're gonna get people calling you on it.

    Fact of the matter is that UC wants to make claims, but doesn't want to have to back them up.

  9. #109
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    1,024
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    When you say that gay people "choose to be gay" and that they're "influenced by spirits", yet you can't actually prove that and then blatantly refuse to even try, you're gonna get people calling you on it.

    Fact of the matter is that UC wants to make claims, but doesn't want to have to back them up.
    Anyone who believes people choose to be gay is most likely a bit fruity themselves. I know for damn sure there's no way I could wake up one morning and choose to be homosexual. It is flat out impossible for me to do so. I would assume for other straight men as well. If someone thinks it's a choice.... well they may very well be gay or bi.

    Edit: Just for the record, I have no problem with alternative lifestyles. To each their own. Whatever floats your boat and so on. Forcing a gay guy to be straight is just sad and probably a sin of some sort.
    Last edited by Mike135; 02-16-2013 at 11:49 PM.

  10. #110
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    1,800
    Post Thanks / Like
    The guy who started this thread must be really really gay to have such a problem with this. God made a woman for a reason. that must really get the thread guy mad.

  11. #111
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Mianus CT
    Posts
    7,676
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisChrusher#40 View Post
    Wow, what a thread. Three things that always stir up hornets nets: Religion, politics, and sexuality.

    - Many of the major world religions believe homosexuality isn't a healthy lifestyle. They also believe that promiscuity, pedophilia, bestility are all unhealthy/unclean/unholy too, and every different person's moral compass will give you a different answer. Doesn't make them hateful. Christians are not anti-gay - that is a lie based on anti-Christian misportrayals. Differing opinions do not make people against or hateful of each other. We all also have a freedom of choice to select any religious belief and/or sexual preference we so desire. Look around the league and I'll bet you'll find people of every major faith and belief system... and wanting to dump a player because you disagree with his faith is just plain bigoted.

    - Science is the observation of facts. Just facts. Humans make statements on what they see in those facts based on their personal worldiew. Their personal faith. A scientist can make predictions, and make an educated guess based on knowledge, but science itself makes ZERO claims on origins. Show me a thousand scientists and I'll show you several hundred different conclusions from the same scientific evidence presented to them. People believe in three major theories on origins that all are mutually exclusive to each other: Naturalistic Darwinism (Deny that there is a God because one has never been observed and macro-evolution explains all life on earth), Theistic Darwinism (believe that macro-evolution happened and it was guided by a Supernatural God), and Supernatural Creationism (say that macro-evolution has never been observed, therefore did not happen and a Supernatural God created the Universe). And guess what? ALL SEE THE SAME EXACT FACTS. They decipher the facts differently based on their belief systems. They see it through a different lens. There is zero empirical evidence that absolutely nothing created absolutely everything. There is zero empirical evidence that a supernatural creator created absolutely eveything from absolutely nothing. Each person chooses which they believe on FAITH. I've never understood why each side says they are superior to the other. None have proven anything... science is science and origins is completely unproven. Myself, I am a believer in a Supernatural Creator God, but I look at both facts and logic to come to that conclusion. Each person has the freedom to examine the facts and come to their own conclusions as well.

    Don't they?

    excellent post and i agree

  12. #112
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Mianus CT
    Posts
    7,676
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    When you say that gay people "choose to be gay" and that they're "influenced by spirits", yet you can't actually prove that and then blatantly refuse to even try, you're gonna get people calling you on it.

    Fact of the matter is that UC wants to make claims, but doesn't want to have to back them up.
    i did but you refuse to see...........you want me to back up with a mans snful mind well i can't do that I am not GOD or am I as smart as him......I just take it from the bible if you can't see that is not my fault.

  13. #113
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    19,525
    Post Thanks / Like
    This thread is ghey.

  14. #114
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    14,733
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ucrenegade View Post
    i did but you refuse to see...........you want me to back up with a mans snful mind well i can't do that I am not GOD or am I as smart as him......I just take it from the bible if you can't see that is not my fault.
    The problem here is that you're unwilling to think outside of the box in order to truly analyze said box. Your logic is this: "DA BIBLE IS RIGHT CAUSE DA BIBLE SAYS IT'S RIGHT, BRAH! DAS ALL DA PROOF YA NEED DOE, BRAH!". You're setting Christians back.

    What's funny is that UC won't even give examples/scriptures that back up his claims. He just says "DA BIBLE DOE, BRAH!". Cite sources, mate.
    Last edited by McGinley; 02-17-2013 at 01:22 AM.

  15. #115
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    2,326
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sourceworx View Post
    Yes. So why are you here?
    Because I like talking football ??

  16. #116
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,020
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's astounding how the name Tebow fires so many people up. As one of the posters earlier said, when religion, politics and sexuality are involved it can get things going, and in Tebow you have all three in play. Imagine the impact he would have if he was an elite starting QB and not a backup.

  17. #117
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    26,180
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pats1960 View Post
    It's astounding how the name Tebow fires so many people up. As one of the posters earlier said, when religion, politics and sexuality are involved it can get things going, and in Tebow you have all three in play. Imagine the impact he would have if he was an elite starting QB and not a backup.
    He's a forced media darling.

    Never has anyone so below average on the field, been forced upon society by the media.

    If he was good at his job (being a QB), he'd have more commercials than Peyton Manning, and been in more movies than OJ Simpson by now.

  18. #118
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    19,066
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm not going to annoy the folk in the politics forum by moving this there....if you want to continue this conversation, you can guess where you can find it.....

  19. #119
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Van down by the river
    Posts
    22,445
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Show me any proof that homosexuality is caused by "spirit influence", lol. I'll wait here.
    Their leader chose not to get married and spent most of his adulthood wandering around with 12 other dudes.

    But homosexuality is a sin

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us