Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: Michael Jordan turning 50 on Sunday! omg!

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Michael Jordan turning 50 on Sunday! omg!

Anyone else sick of this week-long ESPN forced coverage? Ok, I would get it if it was Sunday and his 50th birthday... but my lord.... they are milking this story as though he had died! I started seeing the "Jordan turning 50" ticker on sportcenter last weekend.

This extended media milking of a story is starting to rank up there with last year's Jets Tebow cortland coverage circus, the Barry Bonds "Bonds on Bonds" reality charade, and the Lebron "Decision" ridiculousness. I lived though the Jordan era, and yea he was amazing... I like watching the archive footage as much as the next guy, but what is the big story here? The guy is having a birthday... ok. Fine. But do we need to be told, all week long?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MadCroatian View Post
    Anyone else sick of this week-long ESPN forced coverage? Ok, I would get it if it was Sunday and his 50th birthday... but my lord.... they are milking this story as though he had died! I started seeing the "Jordan turning 50" ticker on sportcenter last weekend.

This extended media milking of a story is starting to rank up there with last year's Jets Tebow cortland coverage circus, the Barry Bonds "Bonds on Bonds" reality charade, and the Lebron "Decision" ridiculousness. I lived though the Jordan era, and yea he was amazing... I like watching the archive footage as much as the next guy, but what is the big story here? The guy is having a birthday... ok. Fine. But do we need to be told, all week long?
    What, you don't want to watch a documentary on his sneakers?

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Is this your first NFL offseason?