Thread: RAMS cut Titus Young after 5 days

RAMS cut Titus Young after 5 days

Sign this beast

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/89...-st-louis-rams

ST. LOUIS -- Titus Young's stay with the Rams was brief. The wide receiver has been placed on waivers after only a few days in St. Louis.

Coach Jeff Fisher said Friday the Rams picked up Young before they had much time to do any background checks. He concluded that Young was "not the best option" for the Rams.

NFC West Blog
    ESPN.com's Mike Sando writes about all things NFC West in his division blog.

Network: NFL Nation
    "We saw Titus as an outstanding young player," Fisher said. "We spent time with him, we spent probably four or five days with him. We decided it was best for us to go in a different direction."

Young was banished three times by the Lions last year because of his behavior, including once for punching teammate Louis Delmas. He recently lashed out at the team on Twitter, posting, "If y'all going to cut me let me go. I'm tired of the threats."

Still, the Rams felt Young, a second-round draft pick in 2010 out of Boise State, was worth a look. Young caught 48 receptions with six touchdowns as a rookie, but his production dropped last year to 33 catches and four touchdowns.

Fisher said the decision to waive Young had nothing to do with the player's health.

"We claimed him so we could have his undivided attention," Fisher said. "We went through an extended interview process."

The Rams could be thin at wide receiver with Danny Amendola and Brandon Gibson unrestricted free agents. Fisher said he wasn't concerned about depth with a young core including Chris Givens and Brian Quick, both coming off rookie seasons, and Austin Pettis.

"There's options out there," Fisher said, adding it would be a "great draft" for wide receivers.

Fisher said he'd like to sign Amendola, an unrestricted free agent, and running back Steven Jackson. Jackson, coming off a franchise-record eighth straight 1,000-yard season, has until March 12 to void his contract and the sides have not met.

"Oh yes, we've got a number of unrestricted free agents on our roster that we want back, and Danny would be one of them, 'Jack' would be another," Fisher said. "We've got plenty of time. The process is ongoing. We're communicating with their agents and so on and so forth."

A diva wr who purposely screws up plays if he's not getting the ball enough. JUST WHAT WE NEED!

SMH.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri_0515 View Post

"If y'all going to cut me let me go. I'm tired of the threats."
    God blesses these eejits with talent.

-

All Pro
    Do not sign this beast, even if he pays us.

Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    A diva wr who purposely screws up plays if he's not getting the ball enough. JUST WHAT WE NEED!

SMH.
    Imagine him and Tone on the same team lol

Jets Insider VIP
    What is the deal with trades and cuts right now, what do the rules mandate? Would someone indulge me and explain? Seems too specific a question for Google.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    What is the deal with trades and cuts right now, what do the rules mandate? Would someone indulge me and explain? Seems too specific a question for Google.
    Open FA doesn't start until next month so unless a team cuts a player they cant be signed yet. This is the time when teams try to trade and get rid of guys due roster bonuses before next month as well.

we might as well sign Santonio Holmes..oh wait...

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    God blesses these eejits with talent.

-

Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post

SMH.

We already have one in Holmes and we pay him 8 million. Thx Mr. T.

Jets Insider VIP
    Sounds like guy is a real POS.

Jets Insider VIP
    You've got to be a special kind of a-hole to get cut after 5 days.

I bet he posts here.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by JetPotato View Post
    I bet he posts here.

+ 1

ljr

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by JetPotato View Post
    You've got to be a special kind of a-hole to get cut after 5 days.

I bet he posts here.
    lolz

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    Open FA doesn't start until next month so unless a team cuts a player they cant be signed yet. This is the time when teams try to trade and get rid of guys due roster bonuses before next month as well.
    Trades can't happen (or FA signings) until the new league starts March 12th..

March 12:

• Prior to 4pm ET, clubs must exercise options for 2013 on all players who have option clauses in their 2012 contracts
    • Prior to 4pm ET, clubs must submit qualifying offers to their Restricted Free Agents with expiring contracts and to whom they desire to retain a Right of First Refusal/Compensation
    • Prior to 4pm ET, clubs must submit a minimum salary offer to retain exclusive negotiating rights to their players with expiring 2012 contracts and who have fewer than three seasons of free agency credit
    • All 2012 player contracts expire at 4pm ET
    • All clubs must be under the Salary Cap prior to 4pm ET, as measured by "Top-51" calculations
    • The 2013 League Year, free agency, and the trading period begin at 4pm ET

March 9-11:

Clubs are permitted to enter into contract negotiations with agents of players who will be Unrestricted Free Agents at the end of the current League Year

http://content.powerhousegm.com/NFL-...ew-League-Year
    Last edited by C Mart; 02-16-2013 at 09:54 AM.

Exclamation

The dude is a waste of skin.