Thread: Stedman Bailey

All Pro

Stedman Bailey

Nobody seems to be talking about the guy who quietly scored 25 TDs this year... yes 25!

114 rec. 1622 yards 25 TDs this year. 72 rec. 1,279 yards and 12 TDs last year. This guy just makes it happen.

He's just 5'10" 190... so he might be considered more of a slot WR, but I don't care much about that. He can run routes, make people miss and has very good hands. I can't wait to see his 40 time.

I'm all about picking him in the 3rd if he's still around.

Veteran
    Tony P mentioned him in his recent blog:

"On the other hand I am told Stedman Bailey/WR/West Virginia has really stood out and could be the surprise at receiver during the combine. Hes run terrific routes, caught everything in sight and is running very fast. The comparison to former USC receiver Steve Smith is being made and like Smith, Bailey could end up in the second round."

http://www.draftinsider.net/blog/?p=6741

I agree he's a good third round target, but it sounds like its no given that he makes it that far.

Jets Insider VIP
    What an absolutely ridiculous name.

I hope we draft him.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronxville Jets Fan View Post
    Tony P mentioned him in his recent blog:

"On the other hand I am told Stedman Bailey/WR/West Virginia has really stood out and could be the surprise at receiver during the combine. Hes run terrific routes, caught everything in sight and is running very fast. The comparison to former USC receiver Steve Smith is being made and like Smith, Bailey could end up in the second round."

http://www.draftinsider.net/blog/?p=6741

I agree he's a good third round target, but it sounds like its no given that he makes it that far.
    I just can't get over the fact that he scored 25 TD and I think the team that drafts him will be very happy.

Waterboy
    He is such a beast. Whoever drafts him is getting a steal. Not the quickest of fastest guy, but always manages to get over the top. Abused Claiborne and Patterson 2 years ago. Tough kid that blocks and makes tough catches in traffic.

Jets Insider VIP
    Would much rather have a guy like Bailey in the 3rd/4th than Patterson or Allen in the 1st.

I don't know why seemingly everyone is giving up on Hill after one season. The kid has all the potential in the world if he can just stay healthy and learn to catch the ball with his hands instead of his damn chest. Everyone knows most receivers usually take 2-3 years to transition to the pro game anyway.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Would much rather have a guy like Bailey in the 3rd/4th than Patterson or Allen in the 1st.

I don't know why seemingly everyone is giving up on Hill after one season. The kid has all the potential in the world if he can just stay healthy and learn to catch the ball with his hands instead of his damn chest. Everyone knows most receivers usually take 2-3 years to transition to the pro game anyway.
    Oh, I'm not giving up on Hill. Not even close.

I think he can be a stud... and you're right... he's still a year or two away from being a #1, go-to guy.

Bailey would join Hill and Kerley as the WR corps of the future... they could be a very good group in a few years.

Looks like this is Holmes last year as a Jet. Bailey would come here to contribute this year but I'm looking for him to start in 2014 with the potential to develop into a Greg Jennings type of player.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post

I think he can be a stud... and you're right... he's still a year or two away from being a #1, go-to guy.

Bailey would join Hill and Kerley as the WR corps of the future... they could be a very good group in a few years.

Looks like this is Holmes last year as a Jet. Bailey would come here to contribute this year but I'm looking for him to start in 2014 with the potential to develop into a Greg Jennings type of player.
    It will be interesting to see what he actually measures at the combine. Some say he is just shy of 5'9". Jennings is a legit 5'11".

Exclamation

Stedman is legit! his counterpart on the other side, Austin is a beast too even for his size but some early draft dudes have him going to either the Pats or Ravens.

I'd be stoked with either dudes.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    It will be interesting to see what he actually measures at the combine. Some say he is just shy of 5'9". Jennings is a legit 5'11".
    I'm just going off the "official" numbers available now. He's listed at 5'10 193... 1 inch shorter and 5 pounds lighter than Jennings. They do have somewhat similar styles though.

Now if he's 5'8" 180, obviously that comparison is thrown out the window.

Hall Of Fame
    I'm just going off the "official" numbers available now. He's listed at 5'10 193... 1 inch shorter and 5 pounds lighter than Jennings. They do have somewhat similar styles though.

Now if he's 5'8" 180, obviously that comparison is thrown out the window.
    I agree 100%. I like the kid's talent. I guess it comes down to if you see him as a slot guy or a guy who can play both inside and out. I think he has some versatility.

He's not very big, but I'm a bit surprised he isn't a more highly touted prospect given his level of production in college. This dude can get open anywhere on the field and is obviously a major threat in the redzone too (25 TDs).

I can't see Jets going WR in the first 3 rounds though, and he'll be off the board by then

Totally agree about Bailey. Its amazing how often simple production is overlooked when WRs get evaluated for the draft.

Even kerley, who had ridiculous production at TCU and was Special Teams Conf player of the year twice, fell to the 5th round.

The 3rd round, IMO, is going to have a LOT of impact players in it. This draft, while not exceptional in the top 10, has a lot of depth, and a lot of RBs who are all lumped together which will cause some to fall into that 3rd-4th round area.