Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Trading for Nick Foles makes too much sense

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibby View Post
    I really can't understand the fascination around her with QB's that have never really played more than a few games. Foles, Flynn, Stanton etc. I know we are all tired of Sanchez. Still if we are going to go with a guy with less than half a year under his belt. Why not just go with our own guy McKelroy?
    Really?

All Pro
    If foles gets traded, it will be to KC. Morninwig is most likely gone when rex gets canned after this season. Id dont think we are trading high drafts picks on martys recommendation.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    If foles gets traded, it will be to KC. Morninwig is most likely gone when rex gets canned after this season. Id dont think we are trading high drafts picks on martys recommendation.
    Classic sojf post.

I really can't understand the fascination around her with QB's that have never really played more than a few games. Foles, Flynn, Stanton etc. I know we are all tired of Sanchez. Still if we are going to go with a guy with less than half a year under his belt. Why not just go with our own guy McKelroy?
    Mcelroy does not have an nfl arm and is not an nfl qb.Just because foles and McElroy are bothyoung does not make them equal. Foles is far and away a better qb prospect. Foles was a third round pick while mcelroy was close to being an undrafted fa.obviously both are gambles but foles is much better bet to succeed.

Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    Mcelroy does not have an nfl arm and is not an nfl qb.Just because foles and McElroy are bothyoung does not make them equal. Foles is far and away a better qb prospect. Foles was a third round pick while mcelroy was close to being an undrafted fa.obviously both are gambles but foles is much better bet to succeed.
    You're ignoring the biggest difference between McElroy and Foles. McElroy is under contract to play for the Jets. Foles likely never will.

Jets Insider VIP
    You need to get your Ouija board adjusted.

Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    You're ignoring the biggest difference between McElroy and Foles. McElroy is under contract to play for the Jets. Foles likely never will.
    What's your point? Do you understand the concept of trade speculation or do you want me to explain it to you?

What's your point? Do you understand the concept of trade speculation or do you want me to explain it to you?
    He has no point, he's just a troll

Whatever Jets fans want, we can't have, because he say's so and doesn't want us to have it, and he must spend his Saturday night, in mid-February to make sure we all know he say's we can't have it.

Revis or Cromartie to the Eagles? Yeah, that's not going to happen. The last thing Philadelphia wants is another big name CB. If you're trading for Foles you're trading draft picks, nothing more. I do think Philadelphia moves him, but it should be to Kansas City because they have two of a position more important that CB --- OLB/DE .. oh, and better positioned draft picks.

Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    He doesn't fit the system.
    What system?

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by george jetfan from miami View Post
    The problem is there really are not any QB prospects who are being viewed like Foles or Cousins this year. I would say last year had 6 or 7 QB's rated higher and that's not including Russell Wilson who was rated #12.It is amazing how a QB with nothing really negative about him other than his height could be overlooked like he was. He had a QB rating of 191 which was 22 points higher than Andrew luck and his stats were insane (33tds,4ints,72.8comp%)and he threw 379 passes without a pick for an NCAA record as well as being drafted as a 2nd basemen in baseball. I don't think the Jets should even consider drafting a QB unless Barkely falls to them in the third or maybe Landry Jones. I think the closest thing to Wilson in this years draft is Matt Scott and I wouldn't complain if they grabbed him in the 4th round. Another late round option would be Tyler Bray. Next Weeks combine should be interesting to see what comes out of that.
    Wilson wasn't overlooked!!!!

The Jets scouting department BEGGED Tanny to draft him and staked their reputation on it.... And Magic Tanny thought Stanton and then Tebow would be an adequate back up!!!

You can't make it up!!

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post

The Jets scouting department BEGGED Tanny to draft him and staked their reputation on it.... And Magic Tanny thought Stanton and then Tebow would be an adequate back up!!!

You can't make it up!!
    Yes you can, why do you think you didn't hear about it until after Wilson was playing lights out

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Wilson won't last.

All Pro
    To my knowledge, NFL players don't lose their Jobs to players who they took the Job from due to inury. I am hoping McElroy gets a fair honest shot at winning the starting Job. In the Games he played last yr even the game he was sacked 10 or 11 or whatever times, the Jets actually scored more points in limited action against the Cards and against the Chargers when Mcelroy almost got killed than the Team did against the Cardinals and the Titans and the Bills.

Until we find ourselves a pure #1 at QB, i would like to see someone who proved that they can managed a team to a championship when surrounded by quality players even if it was on the college level.

Quote Originally Posted by extra714 View Post
    What system?
    Do you know who Chip Kelly is?

Quote Originally Posted by phillyjet View Post
    1) He already knows the offense; Marty was his OC, so it would put us light years ahead with a new OC
    2) Despite what Philly said last week that they weren't trading him, they now say (per profootballtalk) that it will take a significant offer (i.e. they are willing to trade him.)
    3) Completion percentage 61% as a rookie, it will only go up
    4) Already has a couple of 300+ yard games under his belt
    5) Kansas City cannot match the trade bait that the Jets have (i.e. Revis, or if we are lucky, Cromartie, instead.)
    6) His contract is so cap-friendly it is like a get-out-of-jail free card

This would make us instantly relevant as we head into the offseason.
    I don't disagree with all of the bullet points above. The problem for me is giving up what would likely be a 1st round draft choice for an unproven commodity. I just don't believe there's a big enough body of work.

Also, 1st round draft choices are even more important now than ever before. This team is teetering between good and bad. With the Jets defense still being good and an easily fixable ST, it would really only take a few good acquisitions to get the offense rolling again. JMO.

Now, if they choose to take long shots on unproven commodities they could easily become a horrible team, way worse than 6-10.

I'm not saying I don't want Nick Foles at all, I'd just like to see a larger body of work before we committed a 1st round draft choice to getting him. Becuase that is what it will take in all likelihood.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    He has no point, he's just a troll

Whatever Jets fans want, we can't have, because he say's so and doesn't want us to have it, and he must spend his Saturday night, in mid-February to make sure we all know he say's we can't have it.

Right, because if the Jets get Foles it will totally shift the balance of power in the AFC. Do you even read your homer BS after you post this nonsense?
    Last edited by GuidoYaztremski; 02-17-2013 at 08:44 AM.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post

You can't make it up!!
    You do know that if he was taken just ahead of us by Seattle. Now if we had only lost one more game in 2011 who knows how this story would have been written. I do agree that Tebow was a idiotic move, but that and Sanchez' contract got him the boot so maybe that was a blessing in disguise. Time will tell.
    Last edited by NY's stepchild; 02-17-2013 at 08:53 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    and Brady was a 6th round pick so I expect that using your philosophy FOLES will be a much better QB then Brady! We ought to trade Suckchez and a first for Foles! SB here we come!

Can you please give us the benefit of your expertise regarding McElroy's lack of arm strength? Has he ever won anything in football besides Goat of the Year awards? Has he always been a weak armed QB that was relegated to #3 on every depth chart for every team he was on? Why do personnel agents sign the guy without calling you for advice on him?