Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 61 to 78 of 78

Thread: Trading for Nick Foles makes too much sense

  1. #61
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Ormond Beach, Florida, United States
    Posts
    12,806
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    To my knowledge, NFL players don't lose their Jobs to players who they took the Job from due to inury. I am hoping McElroy gets a fair honest shot at winning the starting Job. In the Games he played last yr even the game he was sacked 10 or 11 or whatever times, the Jets actually scored more points in limited action against the Cards and against the Chargers when Mcelroy almost got killed than the Team did against the Cardinals and the Titans and the Bills.

    Until we find ourselves a pure #1 at QB, i would like to see someone who proved that they can managed a team to a championship when surrounded by quality players even if it was on the college level.
    I would like to see McElroy get a legitimate chance to show if he has anything to offer us. He was mighty fine in college and won a National Championship in the tough SEC. These jokes about his weak arm blah, blah are getting boring . He did get run over wih no protection in that one game he started. If Suckchez took those same shots he would have resembled Cinderella in tights on a football field. Yet the pundits only want to cream McElroy and make excuses for Sucky.

    It could be that McElroy can be a very successful game manager for us. Time alone will tell. What is needed is a real chance with a real OC who can develop his talents.

  2. #62
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    6,485
    Quote Originally Posted by bcess View Post
    Yes you can, why do you think you didn't hear about it until after Wilson was playing lights out
    I honestly believe that the reason why didn't here about it was because Mr. T was to busy arrogantly making fun of the scouting department instead of utilizing their expertise.

  3. #63
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    I would like to see McElroy get a legitimate chance to show if he has anything to offer us. He was mighty fine in college and won a National Championship in the tough SEC. These jokes about his weak arm blah, blah are getting boring . He did get run over wih no protection in that one game he started. If Suckchez took those same shots he would have resembled Cinderella in tights on a football field. Yet the pundits only want to cream McElroy and make excuses for Sucky.

    It could be that McElroy can be a very successful game manager for us. Time alone will tell. What is needed is a real chance with a real OC who can develop his talents.
    Yes, he did well on those Bama teams , teams with Mark Ingram , Trent Richardson, Eddie Lacy and Julio Jones at wideout plus a stacked Oline. Virtually anyone would have looked good with this crew surrounding him.

    He got run over in the SD game because he played within the confines of the G&P offensive system. First read no one open , 2nd read no one open , pressure , take the sack. Sanchez tried to make plays within this same ****ty system , he forced balls left and right which led to the int's , otherwise the Jets could have set the sack allowed record. And come on, if there's one thing you can't question about Sanchez is his toughness, to take the shots he has over the past two years and not have missed significant time is a testament to his toughness - that assertment "Cinderella' is ridiculous.

    So you think McElroy can be a game manager and needs a chance with a real OC, why not give Sanchez the same chance with a real OC and perhaps we'll have more than just a game manager.

  4. #64
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Mendham, NJ
    Posts
    14,280
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    How is offering a pick one rd earlier than the guy was taken overpaying for him?

    The possibility of him being a wasted pick is already removed or at least greatly lessened.
    IF a second round pick will get it done then fine I have no issue with that at all. My original point was that Philly would not trade him unless they are blown away with a deal. I dont think over paying for a guy like Foles would be smart considering he isnt a proven commodity yet. Offer a second, thats great, I would do that deal in heartbeat, but I think Philly is looking for more at this point.

  5. #65
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Riverside, Rhode Island
    Posts
    1,760
    I really thought that we'd make a run at Tavaris Jackson (not that I would have been impressed). We don't have the $$ to go out and sign/trade for a viable, proven starter. Foles DOES make sense, if the deal is right for the team. Philly is said to want a signifigent offer for Foles. Maybe that was made in reference to to Kansas City and Andy Reid's desire to bring him in.

  6. #66
    Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post


    Right, because if the Jets get Foles it will totally shift the balance of power in the AFC. Do you even read your homer BS after you post this nonsense?
    What homer BS was in any of my posts in this thread, any other thread?

    I said Foles would completely shift the balance of power?

    Why do you make **** up with your obsessive trolling?

  7. #67
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    What homer BS was in any of my posts in this thread, any other thread?

    I said Foles would completely shift the balance of power?

    Why do you make **** up with your obsessive trolling?

    I make stuff up and am obsessive? Like your fabricated misquote of mine in YOUR sig?


    You said I don't want you to have Foles, like he's something special, or I should really give two chits. Talk about delusional.

  8. #68
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    593
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    IF a second round pick will get it done then fine I have no issue with that at all. My original point was that Philly would not trade him unless they are blown away with a deal. I dont think over paying for a guy like Foles would be smart considering he isnt a proven commodity yet. Offer a second, thats great, I would do that deal in heartbeat, but I think Philly is looking for more at this point.
    Your right. We'll have to throw in Tebow!

  9. #69
    Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    I make stuff up and am obsessive? Like your fabricated misquote of mine in YOUR sig?


    You said I don't want you to have Foles, like he's something special, or I should really give two chits. Talk about delusional.
    Fabricated misquote? That quote is verbatim, are you really disputing this? It's a great quote, say's all we really need to know about you the poster.

    I said for every Jets post on this board that dares to suggest something positive for the team, a move that would help the Jets, put the Jets in any positive light, you jump all over it, smothering it as if it were a top secret CIA leak, discrediting such a notion as a complete fallacy and an impossibility of ever happening.

    You are a pathetic troll

  10. #70
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    If foles gets traded, it will be to KC. Morninwig is most likely gone when rex gets canned after this season. Id dont think we are trading high drafts picks on martys recommendation.
    lol, I can't believe anyone can read this and think "OMG SOJF SO HARD, BRAH". Rex is most likely gone after this season, and I highly doubt the next coach is not going to want to pick his own coaches.

    Whiny kool-aid drinkers are the worst, lol.

  11. #71
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    2,869
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Fabricated misquote? That quote is verbatim, are you really disputing this? It's a great quote, say's all we really need to know about you the poster.

    I said for every Jets post on this board that dares to suggest something positive for the team, a move that would help the Jets, put the Jets in any positive light, you jump all over it, smothering it as if it were a top secret CIA leak, discrediting such a notion as a complete fallacy and an impossibility of ever happening.

    You are a pathetic troll
    Lol. Watching you two go back and forth is worth the price of admission.

  12. #72
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    lol, I can't believe anyone can read this and think "OMG SOJF SO HARD, BRAH". Rex is most likely gone after this season, and I highly doubt the next coach is not going to want to pick his own coaches.

    Whiny kool-aid drinkers are the worst, lol.
    How old are you, just curious, want to know how long you've been a Jets fan.

  13. #73
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    20,952
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    How old are you, just curious, want to know how long you've been a Jets fan.
    I recall that is a subject you have had some difficulty with.

  14. #74
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    I recall that is a subject you have had some difficulty with.
    As with most topics on this board, you have a lot of difficulty, period.

  15. #75
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Fabricated misquote? That quote is verbatim, are you really disputing this? It's a great quote, say's all we really need to know about you the poster.

    I said for every Jets post on this board that dares to suggest something positive for the team, a move that would help the Jets, put the Jets in any positive light, you jump all over it, smothering it as if it were a top secret CIA leak, discrediting such a notion as a complete fallacy and an impossibility of ever happening.

    You are a pathetic troll
    It's NOT a verbatim quote if it's only part of a sentence. Even YOU should be able to grasp that. Verbatim is:

    Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    I must be stupid because I really thought you were smarter than this.
    So it seems YOU are the pathetic troll here Raybo.

    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    I recall that is a subject you have had some difficulty with.
    That's LOL funny.

  16. #76
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Staten Island
    Posts
    8,971
    Quote Originally Posted by 56mehl56 View Post
    Yes, he did well on those Bama teams , teams with Mark Ingram , Trent Richardson, Eddie Lacy and Julio Jones at wideout plus a stacked Oline. Virtually anyone would have looked good with this crew surrounding him.

    He got run over in the SD game because he played within the confines of the G&P offensive system. First read no one open , 2nd read no one open , pressure , take the sack. Sanchez tried to make plays within this same ****ty system , he forced balls left and right which led to the int's , otherwise the Jets could have set the sack allowed record. And come on, if there's one thing you can't question about Sanchez is his toughness, to take the shots he has over the past two years and not have missed significant time is a testament to his toughness - that assertment "Cinderella' is ridiculous.

    So you think McElroy can be a game manager and needs a chance with a real OC, why not give Sanchez the same chance with a real OC and perhaps we'll have more than just a game manager.
    Sensible posting like this will get you nowhere with him. He's prone to histrionics and hyperbole with all things concerning Sanchez. Best to let him post his little nonsensical jags and have a chuckle.

    TLDR version- Jets offense was stinky, ergo Sanchez was stinkier than usual. Better offense will make Sanchez better, but does not automatically make McElroy better than Sanchez.

  17. #77
    Quote Originally Posted by 56mehl56 View Post
    Yes, he did well on those Bama teams , teams with Mark Ingram , Trent Richardson, Eddie Lacy and Julio Jones at wideout plus a stacked Oline. Virtually anyone would have looked good with this crew surrounding him.

    He got run over in the SD game because he played within the confines of the G&P offensive system. First read no one open , 2nd read no one open , pressure , take the sack. Sanchez tried to make plays within this same ****ty system , he forced balls left and right which led to the int's , otherwise the Jets could have set the sack allowed record. And come on, if there's one thing you can't question about Sanchez is his toughness, to take the shots he has over the past two years and not have missed significant time is a testament to his toughness - that assertment "Cinderella' is ridiculous.

    So you think McElroy can be a game manager and needs a chance with a real OC, why not give Sanchez the same chance with a real OC and perhaps we'll have more than just a game manager.
    Nah it's a testament to the sadistic treatment meted out to Jets fans by the Football gods. Think about, Redskins fans may have lost their future franchise QB due to his leg finally breaking on a non contact play where the ball was skipped to him (yes, I know he was already banged up before that play). Whereas we see this sack of dung take kill shot after kill shot and gets up just to torture us with more of his sack of dung play and that dopey "can this hurry up so I can go home" look on his face. If life was fair he'd be the one with Chad's injury history and Chad would be the ironman

  18. #78
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    7,078
    Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    How many years have the Jets been searching for that franchise QB? What makes you think it is so easy to just go find another Foles or Cousins in the middle rounds of the draft?
    Look at that. Foles and Cousins, starters of like 7 games combined, are proven franchise QBs. Thanks for the heads up.

    The Jets would be soooo stupid if they don't send all of their top draft picks to get one of these guys!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us