Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 171

Thread: Cimini: Sunday notes: A challenging QB market

  1. #81
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    914
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Joe Flacco/Drew Bledsoe

    Worst case scenario: Derek Anderson

    The kid has all of the physical tools that you dream of in a prototypical, drop back pocket passer. There are also no concerns about his attitude or committment to football like there are with a similar prospect like Tyler Bray. By all accounts, football is Glennon's first love and he is willing to put in the hard work and do whatever is necessary to maximize his potential.

    With an established offensive mind like Mornhinweg now in place, I would absolutely be willing to roll the dice on a QB with immense potential like Glennon.
    Still have yet to find anything that indicates this as fact.

    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Clear Top 5 picks?

    LOL

    Then why the hell was Flacco not even chosen in the Top 10? Why was he viewed as a consensus 2nd round pick until a month before the draft?

    You're making less and less sense as this thread goes on.
    If Joe Flacco and his production were considered consensus 2nd round then Glennon should be taken no earlier than the 4th round. The two aren't even comparable other than height and arm strength.

  2. #82
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    26,437
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mogglez View Post
    Still have yet to find anything that indicates this as fact.



    If Joe Flacco and his production were considered consensus 2nd round then Glennon should be taken no earlier than the 4th round. The two aren't even comparable other than height and arm strength.
    How the hell could you closely follow Tyler Bray and know nothing about his character concerns? The kid is a massive douchebag and I want nothing to do with a QB who has had his commitment to football called into question.

    I've also seen arguments about how Glennon played poorly against Vanderbilt at the end of last year. Tyler Bray was BENCHED against Vanderbilt last year.

    And Glennon and Flacco are very comparable as prospects. Flacco is a bit more of an athlete, but other than that, yes they're very comparable.

  3. #83
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    6,292
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mogglez View Post
    Dysert is one of my favorites right next to (or between, its really a toss up) Nassib and Wilson. Agree with you on Renefree, he is my big sleeper this draft. However, going back to Dysert, you want to talk about poor talent? Look at Miami's team and THAT is a team devoid of household names. He's 6'4, pretty mobile, strong & accurate arm (throws with GREAT anticipation), smart, and never posted lower than a 60 comp. % and by all accounts appears to be a solid fit for the WCO. I agree with Tony's Chad comparison except Dysert has the better arm. The only big knock I see on Dysert is that his level of competition wasn't great but he really has no control over that. Still, that didn't hinder Big Ben too much did it?
    The thing that excites me about Dysert are all the things you mentioned. I have no plans to start the QB i take from this draft next season. That is for Sanchez and Mcelroy to get us Clowney, LOL .

  4. #84
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    26,437
    Post Thanks / Like
    A few examples of Bray's maturity/character issues:

    -An alleged stolen jet ski incident last summer

    -Accused of throwing beer bottles at cars in the car park near his dorm

    -Coaches and teammates questioning his work ethic

    -Supposedly has a "high and mighty" attitude based off the early accolades of his career that most of his teammates didn't exactly take kindly to





    Yeah, the kid is a douchebag.

  5. #85
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    914
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    How the hell could you closely follow Tyler Bray and know nothing about his character concerns? The kid is a massive douchebag and I want nothing to do with a QB who has had his commitment to football called into question.

    I've also seen arguments about how Glennon played poorly against Vanderbilt at the end of last year. Tyler Bray was BENCHED against Vanderbilt last year.

    And Glennon and Flacco are very comparable as prospects. Flacco is a bit more of an athlete, but other than that, yes they're very comparable.
    Oh I know about his concerns, but there hasn't been anything calling his dedication to football into question. Jay Cutler and Phillip Rivers are massive a$$holes but they're pretty good QB's who I'd kill to have now. He's a douche. So what? He's a talented douche who has the same if not more upside than Glennon.

    I'll give you the Vanderbilt game. Both played poorly with nearly similar stats (Glennon actually threw one more pick), but you cant ignore the fact that Bray played against much better competition in college and has gotten better every year.

    How about the one game where they played head to head?? Bray completely destroyed N.C. State and Glennon sh*t himself.

    Flacco was considered one of the most accurate college quarterbacks coming out. Glennon isn't even close to being as polished as Flacco was. The only real big knock Joe had was level of competition which was completely out of his control. Glennon comes with a ton of ?'s including footwork, accuracy, throwing motion, and ability to remain cool under pressure, something that Flacco excels at.

    The point is that as prospects Bray and Glennon are very similar with high potential. But if you had to ask me which of these has a better chance of being a good one I would choose Bray. I'm personally in the boat of drafting neither so there is no bias here. They're both statuesque quarterbacks who would be terrible for the offense we are trying to run.

  6. #86
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    26,437
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mogglez View Post
    Oh I know about his concerns, but there hasn't been anything calling his dedication to football into question. Jay Cutler and Phillip Rivers are massive a$$holes but they're pretty good QB's who I'd kill to have now. He's a douche. So what? He's a talented douche who has the same if not more upside than Glennon.

    I'll give you the Vanderbilt game. Both played poorly with nearly similar stats (Glennon actually threw one more pick), but you cant ignore the fact that Bray played against much better competition in college and has gotten better every year.

    How about the one game where they played head to head?? Bray completely destroyed N.C. State and Glennon sh*t himself.

    Flacco was considered one of the most accurate college quarterbacks coming out. Glennon isn't even close to being as polished as Flacco was. The only real big knock Joe had was level of competition which was completely out of his control. Glennon comes with a ton of ?'s including footwork, accuracy, throwing motion, and ability to remain cool under pressure, something that Flacco excels at.

    The point is that as prospects Bray and Glennon are very similar with high potential. But if you had to ask me which of these has a better chance of being a good one I would choose Bray. I'm personally in the boat of drafting neither so there is no bias here. They're both statuesque quarterbacks who would be terrible for the offense we are trying to run.
    Did Bray play tougher competition in college? Sure

    His supporting cast was also light years ahead of Glennon's.

    Both of Bray's Top 2 receivers are going to be taken in the Top 60 come April, none of Glennon's targets even have a future in this league.

    And despite Bray playing with a stellar supporting cast, he never really progressed or took Tennessee even close to where they should've been considering their talent level.

  7. #87
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    4,485
    Post Thanks / Like
    A lot of anti Glennon sentiment, but Trent Dilfer said he would have ranked him higher then Ryan and Flacco. Russ Lande says his tape is a lot like Matt Ryan's which is what I see too... Similar stats to boot. Kiper thinks he'll rise to the top of this class and be a top 15 pick, which is sort of what I see happening too.

    Kiper also said he'd work best in an uptempo, quick hitting offense (like the West Coast, which is what he played in college)...

    I can see a lot of teams being intrigued...
    Especially the Jets as he'd be nearly a perfect fit for their offense.

    The other part I like about this kid is his frame, he's 6'6-6'7" and just 220 lbs...
    Like Brady, he's under weight coming into the league, and will add 25 lbs which will make him a lot tougher to bring down, and help the velocity of his throws.

    His ceiling is through the roof... Really, this is exactly the sort of QB the Jets should continue to try and draft. Shoot for the moon, not an athletically limited guy like Barkley, Nassib, etc..

    I'd rather take a chance for greatness and total miss on a guy then hit on a below average starter and be stuck with him for 4-5 years (like Sanchez).

  8. #88
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,793
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mogglez View Post
    Dysert is one of my favorites right next to (or between, its really a toss up) Nassib and Wilson. Agree with you on Renefree, he is my big sleeper this draft. However, going back to Dysert, you want to talk about poor talent? Look at Miami's team and THAT is a team devoid of household names. He's 6'4, pretty mobile, strong & accurate arm (throws with GREAT anticipation), smart, and never posted lower than a 60 comp. % and by all accounts appears to be a solid fit for the WCO. I agree with Tony's Chad comparison except Dysert has the better arm. The only big knock I see on Dysert is that his level of competition wasn't great but he really has no control over that. Still, that didn't hinder Big Ben too much did it?
    I too also like Dysert, ironically you mention the Chad comparison as Dysert partially tore a hamstring this week preparing for the combine. That may be a good thing though as it may allow the Jets to take him as low as 4th round.

    To me Dysert is a natural fit for a WCO, he has a decent arm but really excelled in the short/intermediate routes.

  9. #89
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Manalapan, NJ/Boca Raton, Fl
    Posts
    14,688
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    McElroy lost ONE game since the 9th grade.

    I saw more talent in McElroy than Glennon. Just my opinion.... no big deal.
    Really? Thats your reasoning, not watching them play but their winning records? Do you love Tebow? Hes maybe the best college QB ever, you should love him.

    If you saw more talent in McElroy than Glennon you seriously need to stop talking about QB's. Their draft spot will tell you how ridiculous that statement is.
    Last edited by Jet Nut; 02-18-2013 at 07:03 PM.

  10. #90
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    18,353
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    Really? Thats your reasoning, not watching them play but their winning records? Do you love Tebow? Hes maybe the best college QB ever, you should love him.

    If you saw more talent in McElroy than Glennon you seriously need to stop talking about QB's. Their draft spot will tell you how ridiculous that statement is.
    We will see. Glennon, IMO, is not an impact QB in the NFL That is all.

  11. #91
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Manalapan, NJ/Boca Raton, Fl
    Posts
    14,688
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    We will see. Glennon, IMO, is not an impact QB in the NFL That is all.
    My point has never been that he will or won't be an impact player. Just that he is a bigger prospect than our scrub. And with an actual upside.

    McElroys upside is to be a backup. And he hasn't shown that he can fill that role, he sucks

  12. #92
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    18,353
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    My point has never been that he will or won't be an impact player. Just that he is a bigger prospect than our scrub. And with an actual upside.

    McElroys upside is to be a backup. And he hasn't shown that he can fill that role, he sucks
    Fair enough. I would Love to see Glennon do well....not with US at 9.

    If we traded down and got him early 2nd I'd be OK.

  13. #93
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Manalapan, NJ/Boca Raton, Fl
    Posts
    14,688
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    Fair enough. I would Love to see Glennon do well....not with US at 9.

    If we traded down and got him early 2nd I'd be OK.
    Jets pick him at 9 I'll be pissed and someone would have to some kind of sales pitch to convince me that it was the right move.

  14. #94
    All League
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    3,247
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    McElroy lost ONE game since the 9th grade.

    I saw more talent in McElroy than Glennon. Just my opinion.... no big deal.
    Wow, just wow. I get the feeling most of you never watch college football. Mcelroy has everything BUT talent. Glennon's arm is light years ahead of McElroy.

  15. #95
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Midland Park, NJ
    Posts
    3,703
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Monsterxman View Post
    A lot of anti Glennon sentiment, but Trent Dilfer said he would have ranked him higher then Ryan and Flacco.
    LOL kiss of death

    Kiper also said he'd work best in an uptempo, quick hitting offense (like the West Coast, which is what he played in college)...
    Probably so all of his inaccurate passes can hit the ground quickly for a 3 and out and we won't have to worry about him killing us with mistakes. Nothing about Glennon's game suggests he will succeed in a quick hit offense... nothing


    The other part I like about this kid is his frame, he's 6'6-6'7" and just 220 lbs...
    Like Brady, he's under weight coming into the league, and will add 25 lbs which will make him a lot tougher to bring down, and help the velocity of his throws.
    He still is unathletic. There's more to him than just adding weight. He's like Napoleon Dynamite in football pads

    His ceiling is through the roof... Really, this is exactly the sort of QB the Jets should continue to try and draft. Shoot for the moon, not an athletically limited guy like Barkley, Nassib, etc..
    Ah yes,a kid who was projected to be a 6th round pick, then a first round pick, then took a nose dive after his bowl game and the senior bowl... total through the roof potential

    I'd rather take a chance for greatness and total miss on a guy then hit on a below average starter and be stuck with him for 4-5 years (like Sanchez).
    You realize Glennon is a mediocre quarterback that we'd probably have to invest 2-3 years in right?

  16. #96
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    8,532
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Monsterxman View Post
    A lot of anti Glennon sentiment, but Trent Dilfer said he would have ranked him higher then Ryan and Flacco. Russ Lande says his tape is a lot like Matt Ryan's which is what I see too... Similar stats to boot. Kiper thinks he'll rise to the top of this class and be a top 15 pick, which is sort of what I see happening too.

    Kiper also said he'd work best in an uptempo, quick hitting offense (like the West Coast, which is what he played in college)...

    I can see a lot of teams being intrigued...
    Especially the Jets as he'd be nearly a perfect fit for their offense.

    The other part I like about this kid is his frame, he's 6'6-6'7" and just 220 lbs...
    Like Brady, he's under weight coming into the league, and will add 25 lbs which will make him a lot tougher to bring down, and help the velocity of his throws.

    His ceiling is through the roof... Really, this is exactly the sort of QB the Jets should continue to try and draft. Shoot for the moon, not an athletically limited guy like Barkley, Nassib, etc..

    I'd rather take a chance for greatness and total miss on a guy then hit on a below average starter and be stuck with him for 4-5 years (like Sanchez).
    Man you must be related to this guy or something. He is not nearly the player you think he is and was never considered so while he was playing at NC State.

  17. #97
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    295
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Monsterxman View Post
    Considering he's played in a west coast offense for 4 years in college, I'd say he's a perfect fit.

    It's probably one of the reasons that the Jets are said to be interested in Glennon.
    WCO QBs in the NFL tend to be more the athletic types not the tall pocket passers. Just look at the QBs Marty Mornhinweg has had success with in the past (Young, Garcia, McNabb, Vick...etc.).

  18. #98
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Midland Park, NJ
    Posts
    3,703
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by legler82 View Post
    WCO QBs in the NFL tend to be more the athletic types not the tall pocket passers. Just look at the QBs Marty Mornhinweg has had success with in the past (Young, Garcia, McNabb, Vick...etc.).
    Solid first post

  19. #99
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    26,437
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by legler82 View Post
    WCO QBs in the NFL tend to be more the athletic types not the tall pocket passers. Just look at the QBs Marty Mornhinweg has had success with in the past (Young, Garcia, McNabb, Vick...etc.).
    True, but look at Nick Foles who Philly just drafted last year.

    6'6 245

  20. #100
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Boynton Beach, FL
    Posts
    8,913
    Post Thanks / Like
    Matt Flynn is going to be here in a few weeks. We are not drafting a qb w/ a high pick this year.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us