Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Cimini: Sunday notes: A challenging QB market

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by simijet View Post
    Point taken.

However, this is not the year to potentially waste a high pick on someone who probably won't contribute for awhile - way too many holes on this team
    Exactly! That's why you wait at least to round 3 maybe 4 for a QB. If you feel you filled a couple positions like say LB and OL with the first couple picks than why not pick 2 QBs in the next few rounds. Maybe Tyler Bray and Matt Scott. I think Matt Scott has a chance to be like Russell Wilson

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    PLEASE no Mike Glennon.
    Yes we do not need a tall QB with a cannon for an arm!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Point taken.

However, this is not the year to potentially waste a high pick on someone who probably won't contribute for awhile - way too many holes on this team

Really?...depending on if you are one of the many who believe that Sanchez is the worst QB in the league then the Jets must've had some talent to win 6 games despite the worst QB in the league,without a decent running game and losing the best defensive player in the game for most of the year plus their two best playmakers on offense in Holmes & Keller....the Kotite Jets these are not.

As for Glennon he absolutely looks the part and again,if Sanchez sucks so bad then how much worse can he be?

The idea of drafting 'projects' is a little outdated anyway....Russell Wilson was a project.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    A savvy veteran QB, Sanchez (unfortunately), and a good rookie draft pick like Mike Glennon or Matt Barkley. Then hold a straight up QB competition in TC. See where the chips fall.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Redlichtie View Post

Really?
    Really
    ...depending on if you are one of the many who believe that Sanchez is the worst QB in the league then the Jets must've had some talent to win 6 games despite the worst QB in the league,without a decent running game and losing the best defensive player in the game for most of the year plus their two best playmakers on offense in Holmes & Keller....the Kotite Jets these are not.

As for Glennon he absolutely looks the part and again,if Sanchez sucks so bad then how much worse can he be?

The idea of drafting 'projects' is a little outdated anyway....Russell Wilson was a project.

Wilson was not a project. He is a guy who dropped because he's only 5'10". Who knows, Glennon may turn out to be the real deal. However, I'd be stunned if he showed anything for at least a couple of seasons. Thus stated, if he somehow dropped to the third round - I would not object to him being picked.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jims jetts View Post
    If he has zero ability to read a real defense and folds like a cheap suit under pressure than no, we do not. Dude got rolled by friggin Vanderbilt in his final game. Not to mention that he is literally the worst fit for a WCO.

Give me Nassib, Dysert, or Barkley over Mike "Vote for Pedro" Glennon any day of the week.
    Last edited by Mogglez; 02-17-2013 at 05:46 PM.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm really starting to get the feeling that Sanchez is going to end up as the starter next year.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronxville Jets Fan View Post
    I'm really starting to get the feeling that Sanchez is going to end up as the starter next year.
    No worries my friend. Idzik has watched the tape. Sanchez has 0 chance of taking any snaps for us this year.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [/B]

Really?...depending on if you are one of the many who believe that Sanchez is the worst QB in the league then the Jets must've had some talent to win 6 games despite the worst QB in the league,without a decent running game and losing the best defensive player in the game for most of the year plus their two best playmakers on offense in Holmes & Keller....the Kotite Jets these are not.

What the jets had for talent in 2012 has nothing to do with 2013, you understand that more starters are going to be gone than return next year.

Besides CB there is not one position on the jets that is assured to get better (although QB should most certainly be)

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jims jetts View Post
    We absolutely do. I watched every game this season ....Glennon , IMO is. kellen Clemens.

Did you watch his senior bowl play? he was awful.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    We absolutely do. I watched every game this season ....Glennon , IMO is. kellen Clemens.

Did you watch his senior bowl play? he was awful.
    Awful?

Glennon, Wilson and Manuel were the only remotely decent looking QB's on the field that day.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Awful?

Glennon, Wilson and Manuel were the only remotely decent looking QB's on the field that day.
    He is no longer mentioned as a 1st round pick. Google it... Nobody was impressed with Glennon that day.

he would have been better off calling in sick. he hurt his draft spot that game.

that game was typical Glennon. When needed.... Spotty performance.

I am a Wolfpack fan.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't think anyone is really waiting for that. However, given our recent history with drafting QBs in the first couple of rounds, I think many on this board are afraid to take a questionable talent so early. With so many holes on this roster which could most likely be filled by drafting players at other positions, the Jets are not in the position to draft a guy who will most likely be a project.
    The problem is more with the players (QBs) the Jets didn't draft instead of the players they took .

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronxville Jets Fan View Post
    Rex doesn't want to lose his job.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    He is no longer mentioned as a 1st round pick. Google it... Nobody was impressed with Glennon that day.

he would have been better off calling in sick. he hurt his draft spot that game.

that game was typical Glennon. When needed.... Spotty performance.

I am a Wolfpack fan.
    I'll ask again,

Is Glennon the right QB for a west coast offense?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    I'll ask again,

Above my pay grade.... I just don't think he is a QB that will lead an NFLnteam to any type of real success. Good kid, big arm. I haven't seen enough real leadership while at NC State to convince me.

I would LOVE to be wrong.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    I'll ask again,

Considering he's played in a west coast offense for 4 years in college, I'd say he's a perfect fit.

It's probably one of the reasons that the Jets are said to be interested in Glennon.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I want EJ Manuel if he's still there in the 3rd round. That means we could still address pressing issues with the team i.e. skill position players and edge rushers in the first two rounds.

He has raw physical talent and size, he's athletic, and he has solid arm strength. Those are great tools to build on. I wouldn't mind having him groom for a year in the NFL without the expectation of starting right away. If the situation presents itself he could maybe start a few games at the end of the season. Does anyone know anything about his work ethic/character

It also wouldn't inhibit us from getting more immediate competition for Sanchez in the form of a free agent pickup (guys like Flynn or Moore). We can dump McElroy if that makes him the 4th QB on the depth chart.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Monsterxman View Post
    Considering he's played in a west coast offense for 4 years in college, I'd say he's a perfect fit.

It's probably one of the reasons that the Jets are said to be interested in Glennon.
    McElroy was a better college QB.

If we take Glennon in the 1st round....I'm gonna drink a lot. 2nd round is fine.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    McElroy was a better college QB.

If we take Glennon in the 1st round....I'm gonna drink a lot. 2nd round is fine.
    ... And Tim Tebow was a better college QB than Luck.
    Means nothing...