Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: History of the Eagles on SHO

All League

History of the Eagles on SHO

Anyoe catch this over the weekend???

While not a huge Eagles fan, I just love any documentary based on the lives and history of muscians.

Glen Frey IMO comes across as a huge douche, and I feel he gave Felder a raw deal. He reminds me of Gene Simmons () how arrogant he is, but i suppose thats what made the band became so popular? Henley is amazing, and of course love Joe Walsh.

Worth checking out if you have Showtime.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlOSWRZ4bl0

All League

Quote Originally Posted by simijet View Post
    I thought I was getting this

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Had it set to tape last week.

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Images
    One of the best documentaries I've ever seen, although I am a huge Eagles fan so I'm probably biased.

I agree about Frey...he's one vindictive SOB. Came off like a real douche regarding the whole Felder thing. Very clear he hates that guy.

Felder though is a little crazy thinking he should get equal dough. He didn't start the band and I believe his only hit song was Hotel California which he just did the music and not the lyrics.

Henley and Walsh are just awesome all around.

It was really cool as well to see how all those legends hung out together in the beginning (Henley, Frey, Seger, Jackson Browne, Linda Ronstadt).

Anyway, must see for any Eagles or rock and roll fan.

Quote Originally Posted by 2milehighJet View Post
    Anyoe catch this over the weekend???

While not a huge Eagles fan, I just love any documentary based on the lives and history of muscians.

Glen Frey IMO comes across as a huge douche, and I feel he gave Felder a raw deal. He reminds me of Gene Simmons () how arrogant he is, but i suppose thats what made the band became so popular? Henley is amazing, and of course love Joe Walsh.

Worth checking out if you have Showtime.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlOSWRZ4bl0
    Yes it was a terrific show. Frey may be a hard ass but someone had to be firm with Don Felder whose whining reminds me of Santonio Holmes.

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jetlifer View Post
    Yes it was a terrific show. Frey may be a hard ass but someone had to be firm with Don Felder whose whining reminds me of Santonio Holmes.
    Loved the part where Frey describes his conversation with Felder's manager.

"I'm sorry you represent the only a$$hole in the band"

"Tell your client he signs the deal by the end of the day or he's out of the f*cking band"

lol

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Quote Originally Posted by THE_SOOTHSAYER View Post
    One of the best documentaries I've ever seen, although I am a huge Eagles fan so I'm probably biased.

I agree about Frey...he's one vindictive SOB. Came off like a real douche regarding the whole Felder thing. Very clear he hates that guy.

Felder though is a little crazy thinking he should get equal dough. He didn't start the band and I believe his only hit song was Hotel California which he just did the music and not the lyrics.

Henley and Walsh are just awesome all around.

It was really cool as well to see how all those legends hung out together in the beginning (Henley, Frey, Seger, Jackson Browne, Linda Ronstadt).

Anyway, must see for any Eagles or rock and roll fan.

Cant wait, just set the DVR for 7 tonight (321 LI Cablevision)

As much as I love their music, I really dont know anything about them beyond they had some real rough patches inter-personally.

Should be a cool watch.

Henley at Jones Beach was a terrific show.

Don't get showtime...I'll live it through this thread

I read Felder's book and have to see this documentary. The book was not kind to Frey and was 50-50 on Henley.

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Images
    How hot was Linda Rondstat in the early 70's? WOW!

Such a shame she turned into a bitter liberal cow in present day.

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by cr726 View Post
    I read Felder's book and have to see this documentary. The book was not kind to Frey and was 50-50 on Henley.
    I knew about the Frey-Felder feud before seeing this and although Frey comes off as an obnoxious dictator about the whole thing, he's right as rain. No way Felder ever deserved to make as much money as Frey and Henley.

The guy should have kept his mouth shut because I'm sure the money he did get was still huge. If anyone had a gripe it could be Walsh because he was big even before he joined the band but he's been quoted as saying the money they made on the road was incredible, even if it wasn't the same as Frey-Henley.

BTW, I just downloaded Felder's book and am curious to read his side of the story.

Jets Insider VIP

+ 1,000,000

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post

Last edited by Timmy®; 02-19-2013 at 01:57 PM.

It was awesome.It was a shame about Felder, because I was always a fan of his playing. Joe Walsh is exactly as advertised. What a lunatic!

What the hell happened to Randy Meisner? He did not grow old gracefully.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy® View Post

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by morite View Post
    It was awesome.It was a shame about Felder, because I was always a fan of his playing. Joe Walsh is exactly as advertised. What a lunatic!

What the hell happened to Randy Meisner? He did not grow old gracefully.
    True, Meisner by far aged the worst of all eagles. He looks like a crypt keeper. lol

Even with all the drugs Joe Walsh did he looks 100X better than Meisner.

Bernie Leadon still looks like he can kick some ass.
    Last edited by THE_SOOTHSAYER; 02-19-2013 at 02:21 PM.

Let me know what you think about the Felder book, I read it after I heard his interview on Stern.

I knew about the Frey-Felder feud before seeing this and although Frey comes off as an obnoxious dictator about the whole thing, he's right as rain. No way Felder ever deserved to make as much money as Frey and Henley.

The guy should have kept his mouth shut because I'm sure the money he did get was still huge. If anyone had a gripe it could be Walsh because he was big even before he joined the band but he's been quoted as saying the money they made on the road was incredible, even if it wasn't the same as Frey-Henley.

BTW, I just downloaded Felder's book and am curious to read his side of the story.

True, Meisner by far aged the worst of all eagles. He looks like a crypt keeper. lol

Even with all the drugs Joe Walsh did he looks 100X better than Meisner.

Bernie Leadon still looks like he can kick some ass.
    Walsh looks better today than he did 20 years ago. He was a mess back then. His interviews on Stern are always the best.