Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 74

Thread: History of the Eagles on SHO

  1. #1
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Breckenridge, CO
    Posts
    4,181

    History of the Eagles on SHO

    Anyoe catch this over the weekend???

    While not a huge Eagles fan, I just love any documentary based on the lives and history of muscians.

    Glen Frey IMO comes across as a huge douche, and I feel he gave Felder a raw deal. He reminds me of Gene Simmons () how arrogant he is, but i suppose thats what made the band became so popular? Henley is amazing, and of course love Joe Walsh.

    Worth checking out if you have Showtime.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlOSWRZ4bl0

  2. #2
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Simi Valley, CA
    Posts
    4,244

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by simijet View Post
    I thought I was getting this


  4. #4
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Posts
    17,381
    Had it set to tape last week.

  5. #5
    Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    12,491
    Images
    40209
    One of the best documentaries I've ever seen, although I am a huge Eagles fan so I'm probably biased.

    I agree about Frey...he's one vindictive SOB. Came off like a real douche regarding the whole Felder thing. Very clear he hates that guy.

    Felder though is a little crazy thinking he should get equal dough. He didn't start the band and I believe his only hit song was Hotel California which he just did the music and not the lyrics.

    Henley and Walsh are just awesome all around.

    It was really cool as well to see how all those legends hung out together in the beginning (Henley, Frey, Seger, Jackson Browne, Linda Ronstadt).

    Anyway, must see for any Eagles or rock and roll fan.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by 2milehighJet View Post
    Anyoe catch this over the weekend???

    While not a huge Eagles fan, I just love any documentary based on the lives and history of muscians.

    Glen Frey IMO comes across as a huge douche, and I feel he gave Felder a raw deal. He reminds me of Gene Simmons () how arrogant he is, but i suppose thats what made the band became so popular? Henley is amazing, and of course love Joe Walsh.

    Worth checking out if you have Showtime.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlOSWRZ4bl0
    Yes it was a terrific show. Frey may be a hard ass but someone had to be firm with Don Felder whose whining reminds me of Santonio Holmes.

  7. #7
    Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    12,491
    Images
    40209
    Quote Originally Posted by jetlifer View Post
    Yes it was a terrific show. Frey may be a hard ass but someone had to be firm with Don Felder whose whining reminds me of Santonio Holmes.
    Loved the part where Frey describes his conversation with Felder's manager.

    "I'm sorry you represent the only a$$hole in the band"

    "Tell your client he signs the deal by the end of the day or he's out of the f*cking band"

    lol

  8. #8
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    The depths of Despair.
    Posts
    40,532
    Quote Originally Posted by THE_SOOTHSAYER View Post
    One of the best documentaries I've ever seen, although I am a huge Eagles fan so I'm probably biased.

    I agree about Frey...he's one vindictive SOB. Came off like a real douche regarding the whole Felder thing. Very clear he hates that guy.

    Felder though is a little crazy thinking he should get equal dough. He didn't start the band and I believe his only hit song was Hotel California which he just did the music and not the lyrics.

    Henley and Walsh are just awesome all around.

    It was really cool as well to see how all those legends hung out together in the beginning (Henley, Frey, Seger, Jackson Browne, Linda Ronstadt).

    Anyway, must see for any Eagles or rock and roll fan.

    Cant wait, just set the DVR for 7 tonight (321 LI Cablevision)

    As much as I love their music, I really dont know anything about them beyond they had some real rough patches inter-personally.

    Should be a cool watch.

  9. #9
    Henley at Jones Beach was a terrific show.

    Don't get showtime...I'll live it through this thread

  10. #10
    I read Felder's book and have to see this documentary. The book was not kind to Frey and was 50-50 on Henley.

  11. #11
    Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    12,491
    Images
    40209
    How hot was Linda Rondstat in the early 70's? WOW!



    Such a shame she turned into a bitter liberal cow in present day.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by THE_SOOTHSAYER View Post
    How hot was Linda Rondstat in the early 70's? WOW!



    Such a shame she turned into a bitter liberal cow in present day.

  13. #13
    Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    12,491
    Images
    40209
    Quote Originally Posted by cr726 View Post
    I read Felder's book and have to see this documentary. The book was not kind to Frey and was 50-50 on Henley.
    I knew about the Frey-Felder feud before seeing this and although Frey comes off as an obnoxious dictator about the whole thing, he's right as rain. No way Felder ever deserved to make as much money as Frey and Henley.

    The guy should have kept his mouth shut because I'm sure the money he did get was still huge. If anyone had a gripe it could be Walsh because he was big even before he joined the band but he's been quoted as saying the money they made on the road was incredible, even if it wasn't the same as Frey-Henley.

    BTW, I just downloaded Felder's book and am curious to read his side of the story.

  14. #14
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    7,650
    Quote Originally Posted by THE_SOOTHSAYER View Post
    How hot was Linda Rondstat in the early 70's? WOW!



    Such a shame she turned into a bitter liberal cow in present day.
    + 1,000,000

  15. #15
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    24,109
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post


    Last edited by Timmy®; 02-19-2013 at 01:57 PM.

  16. #16
    It was awesome.It was a shame about Felder, because I was always a fan of his playing. Joe Walsh is exactly as advertised. What a lunatic!

    What the hell happened to Randy Meisner? He did not grow old gracefully.

  17. #17
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    7,650
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy® View Post



  18. #18
    Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    12,491
    Images
    40209
    Quote Originally Posted by morite View Post
    It was awesome.It was a shame about Felder, because I was always a fan of his playing. Joe Walsh is exactly as advertised. What a lunatic!

    What the hell happened to Randy Meisner? He did not grow old gracefully.
    True, Meisner by far aged the worst of all eagles. He looks like a crypt keeper. lol



    Even with all the drugs Joe Walsh did he looks 100X better than Meisner.

    Bernie Leadon still looks like he can kick some ass.
    Last edited by THE_SOOTHSAYER; 02-19-2013 at 02:21 PM.

  19. #19
    Let me know what you think about the Felder book, I read it after I heard his interview on Stern.

    Quote Originally Posted by THE_SOOTHSAYER View Post
    I knew about the Frey-Felder feud before seeing this and although Frey comes off as an obnoxious dictator about the whole thing, he's right as rain. No way Felder ever deserved to make as much money as Frey and Henley.

    The guy should have kept his mouth shut because I'm sure the money he did get was still huge. If anyone had a gripe it could be Walsh because he was big even before he joined the band but he's been quoted as saying the money they made on the road was incredible, even if it wasn't the same as Frey-Henley.

    BTW, I just downloaded Felder's book and am curious to read his side of the story.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by THE_SOOTHSAYER View Post
    True, Meisner by far aged the worst of all eagles. He looks like a crypt keeper. lol



    Even with all the drugs Joe Walsh did he looks 100X better than Meisner.

    Bernie Leadon still looks like he can kick some ass.
    Walsh looks better today than he did 20 years ago. He was a mess back then. His interviews on Stern are always the best.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us