Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: Revis on NFL Network: "I need answers and I'm not getting any" (Merged Revis)

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Raider9175 View Post
    Were going to see real soon how this Revis situation turns out. I think your going to be wrong big time and I can wait to tell you told you so.
    Coming from a guy who has been wrong about as many things as you have, that is pretty funny.

All Pro
    bye bye crybaby and take suckchez ,holmes, keller, and rexi with you.

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Coming from a guy who has been wrong about as many things as you have, that is pretty funny.
    LOL

Undrafted Free Agent
    lets just cut all these "ME" players bye Mevis dont let the door hit u in the ass

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    I swear some of you guys are just obsessed with bragging to your buddies about having "the best CB in the league".

How the hell anyone can condone giving a corner Tom Brady/Aaron Rodgers/Peyton Manning money is beyond me. Just totally absurd.

This offense is in complete shambles, but yeah, let's dish out $16 million a year to a player that our defense got along just fine without last season. Afterall, it's more important to retain a future HOFer than it is to build a contender.
    Some here understand. Well said!

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by ucrenegade View Post
    bye bye crybaby and take suckchez ,holmes, keller, and rexi with you.
    At least his playing ability will be missed.

Were going to see real soon how this Revis situation turns out. I think your going to be wrong big time and I can wait to tell you told you so.
    Like your other brilliant predictions?

Let see in 6 games Carson Plamer has 148 completions on 241 attempts for 1,753 yards, 61.4 completion percentage 7.2 average per pass , 7tds 4 interceptions 12 sacks. 86 qb rating.

When Raiders running game get on track eventually his numbers are going way up. That is a fact as he carrying the offense by him self right now. Darren Mcfadden averaging a paltry 3.1 yards per carry. Sooner or later he going to get going and thats when C Palmer job becomes a lot easier and his numbers improve tremendously.

BTw Lets wait till 16 games is played and we will examine C Palmer numbers.(yes he will be in the top ten)

He was ranked 16th but hey you were close!

Or....my favorite from the collection:

No team from Afc West will win more than 10 games in 2012. Brutal Schedules.

Tell me where Denver getting 12 wins with this schedule. http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-an...c-25a1ca5af2de
    They then proceeded to go 13-3. Woops.

Keep making these ridiculous predictions. It all but assures me that the exact opposite will happen.

If the Jets are smart they can resign Revis AND create more cap space or just keep the situation the same.

Revis currently counts $9 mil against next season's cap. The Jets can give Revis a huge bonus and divide the cap hit from that over the number of years he is under that contract. i.e. - $30 million bonus for a 6 year deal is $5 mil per year cap hit. Base salary would be only around $3 or $4 mil before being added to the aforementioned dividend of the bonus.

Ofcourse this is JI and any idea that doesn't involve trading picks for Alex Smith is unviersally called stupid but that's just the reality - Jets can keep Revis without going into cap hell.

Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    If the Jets are smart they can resign Revis AND create more cap space or just keep the situation the same.

Revis currently counts $9 mil against next season's cap. The Jets can give Revis a huge bonus and divide the cap hit from that over the number of years he is under that contract. i.e. - $30 million bonus for a 6 year deal is $5 mil per year cap hit. Base salary would be only around $3 or $4 mil before being added to the aforementioned dividend of the bonus.

Ofcourse this is JI and any idea that doesn't involve trading picks for Alex Smith is unviersally called stupid but that's just the reality - Jets can keep Revis without going into cap hell.

Huh? You really think Revis will take $48-$54 million for 6 years? Are you high?

Banned

That's less than half of what Revis is looking for.

I'm sure he'll give the Jets that hometown discount just to finish his career as a Jet.

Quote Originally Posted by Pragmatic Bus View Post
    lets just cut all these "ME" players bye Mevis dont let the door hit u in the ass
    I get it and I have no problem unloading him. However the idea that the NY Jets are going to get more value or better production from X players at a lower cost than the value they get for overpaying Revis isn't guaranteed.

Now it is pro-football and anyone who wants to suggest that getting paid for performance or economic incentive isn't a good thing only has a point in the world of pro-football because the league has a cap and a draft. Take away the cap and the draft, purely devices to help reduce owner competition and keep salaries managable and nobody would deny Revis getting his true market value.

If all your life you live in a world where being the best means unlimited reward why does the fact that you play in a league that operates on a different economic model make you a greedy SOB? The problem is the cap and the draft and frankly based on the amount of boring games we watched during the season I don't see how competitive balance if making the game better.

Veteran
    Remember his uncle - Sean Gilbert pulled the same crap - got out, got more money.

He is also an adviser to Darelle

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Mogglez View Post
    Like your other brilliant predictions?

He was ranked 16th but hey you were close!

Or....my favorite from the collection:

They then proceeded to go 13-3. Woops.

Keep making these ridiculous predictions. It all but assures me that the exact opposite will happen.
    90210 is not a bad guy, but yes he is the last person that should be threatening "I told you so"s. If your search engine goes back there are a lot of predictions over the years that make those seem brilliant by comparison.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Winstonbiggs View Post
    I get it and I have no problem unloading him. However the idea that the NY Jets are going to get more value or better production from X players at a lower cost than the value they get for overpaying Revis isn't guaranteed.

Now it is pro-football and anyone who wants to suggest that getting paid for performance or economic incentive isn't a good thing only has a point in the world of pro-football because the league has a cap and a draft. Take away the cap and the draft, purely devices to help reduce owner competition and keep salaries managable and nobody would deny Revis getting his true market value.

If all your life you live in a world where being the best means unlimited reward why does the fact that you play in a league that operates on a different economic model make you a greedy SOB? The problem is the cap and the draft and frankly based on the amount of boring games we watched during the season I don't see how competitive balance if making the game better.
    We can guarantee however that we will get no production at many positions is we use up all our cap on one CB. I can almost guarantee that if we don't trade him he's going to leave after next year, and we'll get nothing for him. I don't get mad at him personally. He can get as much money as he can. I just don't want to be the team to pay him, and whoever does is going to be worse off for it. Take a look at the teams with the highest paid corners, and tell me what their records are.

Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    We can guarantee however that we will get no production at many positions is we use up all our cap on one CB. I can almost guarantee that if we don't trade him he's going to leave after next year, and we'll get nothing for him. I don't get mad at him personally. He can get as much money as he can. I just don't want to be the team to pay him, and whoever does is going to be worse off for it. Take a look at the teams with the highest paid corners, and tell me what their records are.
    Take a look at the teams that are doing well. They have tremendous production out of the QB position. Now some of them don't have production on a value basis but they have production. The Jets problem isn't Revis, it's Sanchez.

Again get rid of him or not isn't going to guarantee the Jets more production anywhere else. It might but that's pure speculation.

I was all for dumping Revis but frankly I suspect that overpaying him grossly is still going to get us more value than the alternative. We have an unproven GM and a HC who has done an awful job of evaluating offensive talent and coaches. Unless we won the lottery with Idzik, highly unlikely, trading our best player based on a value play is still a very risky proposition.

Granted if we can't get a long term deal we might want to get what we can now but I would be surprised if we are going to get actual production for whatever we get for him.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    Huh? You really think Revis will take $48-$54 million for 6 years? Are you high?
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    That's less than half of what Revis is looking for.

I'm sure he'll give the Jets that hometown discount just to finish his career as a Jet.
    Yeah, Revis is not taking less than $12 mil per and that's without a holdout provision. So it's more like 6 yrs, $72 mil, with $36 mil in his 1st two seasons with prorated bonus. Then he'll holdout to renegotiate in year 3.

Did you miss the part where he wants $16 million or more a year and to have the largest defensive contract in the NFL

Nobody owes him anything. Let him go Nnamdi another team.

He's a good player, but nobody on the defensive side of the football short of exceptional pass rushers is worth what he is asking.

Trade him now or let him go and take the picks.