Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Revis on NFL Network: "I need answers and I'm not getting any" (Merged Revis)

Conor Orr: Revis on trade speculation: 'I need answers and I'm not getting any'

Darrelle Revis was taken aback by trade speculation that leaked out shortly before new GM John Idzik's first day on the job. On Twitter, he said he was speechless over the ordeal shortly after the story broke.

Tonight, in a previously recorded interview with the NFL Network, Revis expanded on the situation.

ďI was speechless; I tweeted it out I was speechless. I was speechless because I didnít get a phone call," he said. "I know itís a business Ė just call me; donít have it lingering out there. I need answers and Iím not getting any. Just the fact that that was put out there instead of contacting your best player on the team. If thatís how you want to do business, then thatís fine.Ē

The quote that really sticks out there is the fact that Revis said he needs answers and is not getting any from the team. As the offseason drags on, it will be interesting to see how the rest of this plays out. Remember, Idzik did reach out to Revis in an effort to smooth things over while he evaluated the roster.

The rest of the interview, which is the latest in an installment about Revis' recovery, will air tonight at 7 p.m. on NFL Network.

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/201...de_specul.html

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Yea, but he said he wants to be a Jet for the rest of his career. So the Jets have to sign him....LOL
    Of course he wants to remain a Jet.

We're the one team that has been stupid enough to constantly give into his demands.

Anyone who condones giving a CB a contract on par with the Tom Brady's and Peyton Manning's of the league is...well...they aren't exactly smart.

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Of course he wants to remain a Jet.

We're the one team that has been stupid enough to constantly give into his demands.

Anyone who condones giving a CB a contract on par with the Tom Brady's and Peyton Manning's of the league is...well...they aren't exactly smart.
    Revis is a truly great player but it's just not worth the trouble if he's going to insist on QB money.

It would be great if we could keep him at a reasonable price but he seems to be a real take-it-to-the-limit money guy.

I never really got that upset when Revis was was after as much money as possible but this is idiotic on his part. What does he want answers to? He's under contract for next year. He's rehabbing, what doe she want, the team to flat oput declare he is going to be extended or something? If those quotes are true he comes across as a total dick.

Banned
    The sooner the Jets move away from the type of players that have contributed to this "circus" atmosphere the better. (Sanchez, Tebow and Revis). People forget that before the 2010 season Revis really kicked off this "circus" era by holding out and making the Jets look terrible. Get what you can for him and move on. Revis' only loyalty is to money, that's it.

All Pro
    Booohoooohooohooo I want answers WAaaahhh! I'm glad they rattled his cage. Puts him, and the rest of the team on notice, no one is indispensable.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    I never really got that upset when Revis was was after as much money as possible but this is idiotic on his part. What does he want answers to? He's under contract for next year. He's rehabbing, what doe she want, the team to flat oput declare he is going to be extended or something? If those quotes are true he comes across as a total dick.
    Agree. What's the question?

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Darrelle Revis was taken aback by trade speculation that leaked out shortly before new GM John Idzik's first day on the job. On Twitter, he said he was speechless over the ordeal shortly after the story broke.

Tonight, in a previously recorded interview with the NFL Network, Revis expanded on the situation.

“I was speechless; I tweeted it out I was speechless. I was speechless because I didn’t get a phone call," he said. "I know it’s a business – just call me; don’t have it lingering out there. I need answers and I’m not getting any. Just the fact that that was put out there instead of contacting your best player on the team. If that’s how you want to do business, then that’s fine.”

The quote that really sticks out there is the fact that Revis said he needs answers and is not getting any from the team. As the offseason drags on, it will be interesting to see how the rest of this plays out. Remember, Idzik did reach out to Revis in an effort to smooth things over while he evaluated the roster.

The rest of the interview, which is the latest in an installment about Revis' recovery, will air tonight at 7 p.m. on NFL Network.

Previously recorded? So was this before Idzik called him and when the media firestorm broke out?

The problem with all of this, the media picked this up and ran with it, once again, it's the media creating the news and not reporting it. News gets out, player reads about it, doesn't hear from team, then team has to respond to media created firestorm when most of it probably isn't even true, or much of it has been taken out of context.

Not saying Revis isn't or wont' be greedy and that we won't have a situation where the team should probably look to move him, but the real issue in all of this is the timing, and what influence did the media have in all of this.
    Last edited by Ray Ray19; 02-18-2013 at 02:08 PM.

ďI was speechless; I tweeted it out I was speechless. I was speechless because I didnít get a phone call," he said. "I know itís a business Ė just call me; donít have it lingering out there. I need answers and Iím not getting any. Just the fact that that was put out there instead of contacting your best player on the team. If thatís how you want to do business, then thatís fine.Ē

When the initial rumors came out, Idzik contact Revis and they spoke about it (as indicated in the January 26 article).

Does Revis want weekly updates?

Why can't he just focus on rehabbing instead of trying to make media headlines?

Sorry, but he comes across as a selfish pompous ass in this instance.

FYI this quote was in response to a question about why he sent out the "speechless" tweet. It was not him discussing how he feels now. Much ado about nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by chiefst2000 View Post
    FYI this quote was in response to a question about why he sent out the "speechless" tweet. It was not him discussing how he feels now. Much ado about nothing.
    And there it is...

Pretty much what I thought

The NFL network is regurgitating and doing their own version of TMZ today.

The NFL network has increasingly become a joke, their analysts are horrible, it's like a bunch of Skip Baylesses trying to out do one another. Sensationalism at its finest.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    Bingo.

Attention; me < we

All Pro
    to all the "i'm done with revis" posters... you guys will never understand football beyond what you see when you press *click* on your remote.

It's ignorant on Everest levels.

Jets Insider VIP
    Revis knows he is as good as gone. He has nobody to blame but himself. Im sure he will be just great making tons of money in detroit or oakland and winning 5 games a year.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Revis knows he is as good as gone. He has nobody to blame but himself. Im sure he will be just great making tons of money in detroit or oakland and winning 5 games a year.
    As opposed to making tons of money on the NY Jets and winning 6 games a year.

Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    to all the "i'm done with revis" posters... you guys will never understand football beyond what you see when you press *click* on your remote.

I want to keep him, but not at all costs. "I'm done with Revis" probably is a knee jerk to his antics. Regardless of how great of a player he is, and how great other players think he is, he doesn't think of how he affects the team and the organization when it comes to his salary negotiations. That's what people are most sick of, IMO.

Trade his a$$

Brian Costello ‏@BrianCoz
    Here is the full Revis quote to NFL Net on trade rumors: "I was speechless; I tweeted it out I was speechless." more

Revis cont: "I was speechless because I didn't get a phone call. I know it's a business - just call me; don't have it lingering out there."

Revis : "I need answers & I'm not getting any. Just the fact that that was put out there instead of contacting yr best player on the team."

Final Revis: "If that's how you want to do business, then that's fine." All of this from NFL Network interview airing tonight at 7.

Dan Leberfeld ‏@jetswhispers
    John Idzik says he wants a culture of "we" not "me."
    Agreed.... selfish player.

Hall Of Fame

Played for 16 years including college. I think you're the one ignoring things.

Everyone knows how great he is. I have said many time he plays his position better than any player in the NFL plays theirs.

I am done with him. He ain't worth the $$ or the BS. He is a CB and is a chronic malcontent.

Jets Insider VIP

I'm done with Revis for the simple fact that I consider it retarded to pay a CB $16 million a year, regardless of how great he is.

Even on Revis' best day, he's still only taking away one player, not disrupting an entire offense like the J.J. Watts's, DeMarcus Ware's, and Aldon Smith's of the league.

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post

Played for 16 years including college. I think you're the one ignoring things.

Everyone knows how great he is. I have said many time he plays his position better than any player in the NFL plays theirs.

I am done with him. He ain't worth the $$ or the BS. He is a CB and is a chronic malcontent.

There is no BS, it's just his contract. There is no BS with Revis, there is no issue in the lockerroom, he is a team leader and has respect on his team and accross the league, from the perspective of football, accusing Revis of being a malcontent is pure ignorance.

I think Paradis' point is that in the NFL, as fans, we have to understand there is a business side to this, a player's side and a team's side, a team can release a player at anytime, NFL contracts are not 100% guaranteed, this is a HUGE factor in the NFL as one of the few professional sports that does not give out 100% guaranteed contracts.

Based on your response, and others, you don't want to deal with this part of the NFL, if that's the case, I recommend quitting being a fan of the NFL and moving to college football.

It's a frustrating part of the game, but it's part of the game.