Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Revis on NFL Network: "I need answers and I'm not getting any" (Merged Revis)

Revis will have to clarify his comments soon if this makes him look like a total dick. His agent will have to clear his image.

All Pro

Don't let the door hit you on the A$$ on the way out Revis.....

Edit: I probably should change my avi....

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    I'm done with Revis for the simple fact that I consider it retarded to pay a CB $16 million a year, regardless of how great he is.

Even on Revis' best day, he's still only taking away one player, not disrupting an entire offense like the J.J. Watts's, DeMarcus Ware's, and Aldon Smith's of the league.
    Understand your premise, but what do we care what these players are paid?

As long as the team has a roster that is structured properly to the cap that puts the best possible talent on the field, and a team that wins, do we really care that Revis is being paid 16 mil or 11 mil?

What is funny, the players you mention, except for Ware, they haven't received their first FA contract yet.

Let's discuss this topic when the 49ers need start opening their wallets to players like Harris, Smith, Kaepernick, etc... With the Mario Williams contract, can you imagine the contract Watts is going to want when he becomes a FA?
    Last edited by Ray Ray19; 02-18-2013 at 02:22 PM.

Hey REVIS, ur coming off a massive injury, soooooo lets give u more $$$$$$$!!! That makes alot of f'N since... Get Real MAN, the jets have given u everything so just play ball. Ur coming off an injury u greedy mofo...

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post

As long as the team has a roster that is structured properly to the cap that puts the best possible talent on the field, and a team that wins, do we really care that Revis is being paid 16 mil or 11 mil?

What is funny, the players you mention, except for Ware, they haven't received their first FA contract yet.

Let's discuss this topic when the 49ers need start opening their wallets to players like Harris, Smith, Kaepernick, etc... With the Mario Williams contract, can you imagine the contract Watts is going to want when he becomes a FA?
    Here's Ware's since 2009 http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/dallas-co...demarcus-ware/

JetsInsider.com Legend

Let's discuss this topic when the 49ers need start opening their wallets to players like Harris, Smith, Kaepernick, etc...
    I care what Revis is paid because it could hamper us from improving this pathetic offense.

If we give Revis a contract in the neighborhood of 6 years $100 million, then we'll have about 20% of our cap tied up in our starting CB's every year alone.

If we do that, then we better start knocking these mid-late round draft picks out of the park if we want to fix the O, because we're going to have next to nothing to work with in free agency. Not to mention it could screw us over when guys like Wilkerson and Coples are looking for new deals in the future.

The guy simply isn't worth it. Certainly not to a team like us that is going through a rebuilding phase.

I'm fully aware that Revis is the best CB of this generation and when all is said and done, could be the GOAT at his position. But that doesn't mean I'm willing to pay him Tom Brady/Aaron Rodgers/Peyton Manning money. That would be beyond retarded.

Quote Originally Posted by jeT.MAC View Post
    Hey REVIS, ur coming off a massive injury, soooooo lets give u more $$$$$$$!!! That makes alot of f'N since... Get Real MAN, the jets have given u everything so just play ball. Ur coming off an injury u greedy mofo...
    He's in the final year of his contract, now is the time for him and teams to be thinking about the next one.

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    I care what Revis is paid because it could hamper us from improving this pathetic offense.

If we give Revis a contract in the neighborhood of 6 years $100 million, then we'll have about 20% of our cap tied up in our starting CB's every year alone.

If we do that, then we better start knocking these mid-late round draft picks out of the park if we want to fix the O, because we're going to have next to nothing to work with in free agency. Not to mention it could screw us over when guys like Wilkerson and Coples are looking for new deals in the future.

The guy simply isn't worth it. Certainly not to a team like us that is going through a rebuilding phase.

I'm fully aware that Revis is the best CB of this generation and when all is said and done, could be the GOAT at his position. But that doesn't mean I'm willing to pay him Tom Brady/Aaron Rodgers/Peyton Manning money. That would be beyond retarded.
    That would all heavily depend on what the guaranteed portion of the contract, and how it is structured.

I fully agree the Jets should not overpay for Revis, but a contract can be structured to still pay Revis and still build around him as the team moves forward.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    I never really got that upset when Revis was was after as much money as possible but this is idiotic on his part. What does he want answers to? He's under contract for next year. He's rehabbing, what doe she want, the team to flat oput declare he is going to be extended or something? If those quotes are true he comes across as a total dick.
    Great points! I am sick of MEVIS and his attitude. He is under contract, as you stated. But then since when did Mevis let a little thing like that stop him from his money demands?

Personally I would like to see the salary cap go so guys like Revis could get a contract that they were happy enough to play out.

Quote Originally Posted by Winstonbiggs View Post
    Personally I would like to see the salary cap go so guys like Revis could get a contract that they were happy enough to play out.
    He'll never be happy. Ever. Every other year he'll compare himself to the biggest contracts and want that. He'll never EVER be content with what he earns. JMO, but I believe that to be true.

The media keeps building on this "circus like" atmosphere and players like Revis don't help matters at all by going on TV and playing the innocent victim.
    I'm sick and tired of it.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    That would all heavily depend on what the guaranteed portion of the contract, and how it is structured.

I fully agree the Jets should not overpay for Revis, but a contract can be structured to still pay Revis and still build around him as the team moves forward.
    I don't think there's a Jets fan out there who wouldn't want to sign Revis to a reasonable longterm deal and watch him retire in a Jets uniform.

But what have Revis or his agents shown in the past that would indicate that they're even the least bit reasonable?

The guy has let it be publicly known for 3 years now that he wants to be the highest paid defender in NFL history. He's already the highest paid DB in league history, but obviously that isn't good enough.

I say trade him to the highest bidder and move on. We fielded the 2nd ranked secondary in the league last year without Revis, so is it really worth keeping the guy and giving him $16 million a year? Not to me. Not in the slightest.

Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    I never really got that upset when Revis was was after as much money as possible but this is idiotic on his part. What does he want answers to? He's under contract for next year. He's rehabbing, what doe she want, the team to flat oput declare he is going to be extended or something? If those quotes are true he comes across as a total dick.
    This was my thought. He's under contract through next season. What answers is he looking for? Players get traded all the time in the NFL, if he gets moved, he gets moved. That's part of the business, he should know this by now. Just rehab your injury and keep quiet. Nobody wants this drama hanging around all offseason

Hall Of Fame

There is no BS, it's just his contract. There is no BS with Revis, there is no issue in the lockerroom, he is a team leader and has respect on his team and accross the league, from the perspective of football, accusing Revis of being a malcontent is pure ignorance.

I think Paradis' point is that in the NFL, as fans, we have to understand there is a business side to this, a player's side and a team's side, a team can release a player at anytime, NFL contracts are not 100% guaranteed, this is a HUGE factor in the NFL as one of the few professional sports that does not give out 100% guaranteed contracts.

Based on your response, and others, you don't want to deal with this part of the NFL, if that's the case, I recommend quitting being a fan of the NFL and moving to college football.

It's a frustrating part of the game, but it's part of the game.
    Revis is not a leader. We have no leaders on this team. The locker room of a team with leaders does not leak like a sieve. The 2011 Sanchez/Holmes BS does not happen in a locker room with real leadership.

And yes, three contract disputes does make him a malcontent. And the distraction is bad for the team.

The NFL is a business. It is his right to demand whatever he wants. Players are basically independent contractors. I never begrudge players money. I only question their worth in a capped system. And IMO he isn't worth it. And I hope the Jets don't bend over for a CB coming off an ACL who once his guaranteed money runs out is going to start complaining.

He's in the final year of his contract, now is the time for him and teams to be thinking about the next one.
    Typical JETS Luck. Terrible Timing.. i dont believe everything i see and im losing interest tooooooooo.

If you're the franchise player, as Revis has been deemed numerous times by the organization, you deserve the respect to hear about potentially being dealt before the media is running afoot with it. At the least you deserve the respect to be contacted within the hour that something is leaked. Revis got neither of those two things. Once again this organization would rather cater to the outside than to those on the inside. We'll sign or trade for anyone's used mess, but when it comes to our own we'll more than likely find a way to screw 'em.

Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    He'll never be happy. Ever. Every other year he'll compare himself to the biggest contracts and want that. He'll never EVER be content with what he earns. JMO, but I believe that to be true.
    Good incentive for him to be the best player in the league year after year.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    If you're the franchise player, as Revis has been deemed numerous times by the organization, you deserve the respect to hear about potentially being dealt before the media is running afoot with it. At the least you deserve the respect to be contacted within the hour that something is leaked. Revis got neither of those two things. Once again this organization would rather cater to the outside than to those on the inside. We'll sign or trade for anyone's used mess, but when it comes to our own we'll more than likely find a way to screw 'em.
    Ask Seymour,Samuel or Lawyer Milloy if the Pats would treat them that way.. Oh wait they did.. You don't know what was leaked look how many times that a new GM was allegedly hired only to find out it wasn't true..

only way they should even consider trading him is if they get two first rounders for him-hall of fame caliber player on a gargage team with ZERO playmakers or stars besides him

lol at anybody calling him mevis-NFL players need to be as selfish as possible and get paid when they are in their prime-the second a player's skills drop off or they get hurt the team drops him without giving it a second thought-jets have a history of cutting guys and not honoring contracts as do every other team in the league

players and top ones get and should get every penny they can-they see the owners getting super rich and even the commish pulling in 30 million a year