Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 278

Thread: Revis on NFL Network: "I need answers and I'm not getting any" (Merged Revis)

  1. #101
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    19,519
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    Spoken like a NY/Boston/LA/Philly/Chicago/ baseball fan. Let us outspend the rest of the league and they can be our farm system. Because we have more resources, who cares about the other fans.
    I would like the NFL to create their own version of the Bird exemption. Allow a team to go over the cap to keep a player they drafted. Have a certain amount that counts against the cap (maybe the franchise tag amouunt) and then have the rest be exempt from the cap. Allow them to do this with only one player at a time.

  2. #102
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    19,519
    Post Thanks / Like
    Veiled shots at Woody Johnson.

    He is as good as gone.

  3. #103
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    11,635
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Veiled shots at Woody Johnson.

    He is as good as gone.
    Yep he's gone. You can call it Jets luck, if you want. We get a great player and he turns out to be an *******

  4. #104
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    19,519
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    Yep he's gone. You can call it Jets luck, if you want. We get a great player and he turns out to be an *******
    Clark basically just served up a dose of reality. He is a winning player from a winning organization. The guy gets it.

  5. #105
    All League
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    2,517
    Post Thanks / Like
    Interseting Nate Burleson saying there were 2 other CBs better than Revis right now...unless I heard that wrong

  6. #106
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Mendham, NJ
    Posts
    12,645
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Veiled shots at Woody Johnson.

    He is as good as gone.
    F**k him. It was fine though when he held out, threatened to hold out and didnt honor his contract, but now he feels slighted because the Jets leaked they would consider trading him if the deal was right. Works both ways Revis.

  7. #107
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    3,016
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    I would like the NFL to create their own version of the Bird exemption. Allow a team to go over the cap to keep a player they drafted. Have a certain amount that counts against the cap (maybe the franchise tag amouunt) and then have the rest be exempt from the cap. Allow them to do this with only one player at a time.
    Interesting proposal. I like it.

  8. #108
    Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    16,333
    Post Thanks / Like
    One thing is for certain. Tanny should never ever get another GM job for the deal he gave Revis. I don't care the situation, you never sign one of the best players in the league to a deal that allows him not to be franchised. I talked about this years ago and got pounded for it because "we should just be happy hes back at camp". Tanny is the #1 reason we're forced to trade maybe the best CB of all time and a sure fire HOFer. Had we had the option to franchise him, Revis would have to settle for somewhat of a deal that works for both sides. Or else we could keep slapping the tag on him. Just like Seatle did to Walter Jones for years.

  9. #109
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    16,506
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    I would like the NFL to create their own version of the Bird exemption. Allow a team to go over the cap to keep a player they drafted. Have a certain amount that counts against the cap (maybe the franchise tag amouunt) and then have the rest be exempt from the cap. Allow them to do this with only one player at a time.
    I was going to post this earlier, I like this idea a lot.

  10. #110
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    19,519
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LockeJET View Post
    One thing is for certain. Tanny should never ever get another GM job for the deal he gave Revis. I don't care the situation, you never sign one of the best players in the league to a deal that allows him not to be franchised. I talked about this years ago and got pounded for it because "we should just be happy hes back at camp". Tanny is the #1 reason we're forced to trade maybe the best CB of all time and a sure fire HOFer. Had we had the option to franchise him, Revis would have to settle for somewhat of a deal that works for both sides. Or else we could keep slapping the tag on him. Just like Seatle did to Walter Jones for years.
    That is one of the MANY reasons why Tanny will never get another GM job. But in fairness, Revis would be a malcontent no matter who the GM is. His uncle has a great influence over him. Up until this point Revis has been worth the trouble, but not anymore, not coming off an ACL wanting major $$$. Time to move on.

  11. #111
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    26,480
    Post Thanks / Like
    To all the people saying that you don't trade Revis except for a kings ransom, what would you rather happen?

    A) Keep Revis for one more year, which is bound to be a rebuilding season, then have him walk in 2014 while receiving a 3rd round (at best) comp pick.

    B) Trade him now for a 1st round pick to someone like Denver or San Fran who view themselves as one player away from a Superbowl.


    I'll take option B, personally.

  12. #112
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    5,721
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Clark basically just served up a dose of reality. He is a winning player from a winning organization. The guy gets it.
    +1000000
    As a long time Jet fan that interview did nothing for me to sympathize with Revis one iota!
    This effing guy held out as a rookie.
    He didn't honor his contract twice.
    The Jets made him the highest paid defensive player until the Bills gave Williams that stupid Azz 100 million.
    I was hoping that things were taken out of context with Revis, maybe it was an old interview, but nope, just seeing him talking like he's been some victim held against hs will or something & bashing Woody, the guy that's been signing those monstrous signing bonuses makes me ill that cheered for that selfish piece of Chit!
    I can't wait for Idzik to send his azz packing, & please don't send him to a contender, let him die slowly in some crappy city where Revis Island becomes Revis sandbar.
    Revis is one of the reasons this team didn't win a Superbowl, as his contracts tied our hands from getting some real pass rushers that would have made a difference vs Big Ben, in 2010.
    My last image as Revis as a Jet will be his ole along the sideline on 3rd down vs Tebow in a game that changed our whole season.
    F*ck him!
    Idzik, do what you have to do to build a team. Revis is not a leader & definitely not a team player.

  13. #113
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    5,266
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetster View Post
    +1000000
    As a long time Jet fan that interview did nothing for me to sympathize with Revis one iota!
    This effing guy held out as a rookie.
    He didn't honor his contract twice.
    The Jets made him the highest paid defensive player until the Bills gave Williams that stupid Azz 100 million.
    I was hoping that things were taken out of context with Revis, maybe it was an old interview, but nope, just seeing him talking like he's been some victim held against hs will or something & bashing Woody, the guy that's been signing those monstrous signing bonuses makes me ill that cheered for that selfish piece of Chit!
    I can't wait for Idzik to send his azz packing, & please don't send him to a contender, let him die slowly in some crappy city where Revis Island becomes Revis sandbar.
    Revis is one of the reasons this team didn't win a Superbowl, as his contracts tied our hands from getting some real pass rushers that would have made a difference vs Big Ben, in 2010.
    My last image as Revis as a Jet will be his ole along the sideline on 3rd down vs Tebow in a game that changed our whole season.
    F*ck him!
    Idzik, do what you have to do to build a team. Revis is not a leader & definitely not a team player.
    That interview pissed me off. Looked like he was trying to play a victim. Also, the fact that Rex talked to him, but he wouldnt discuss the conversation made it appear that Rex is undermining the new GM.

  14. #114
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Section 142 Row 8
    Posts
    285
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    F**k him. It was fine though when he held out, threatened to hold out and didnt honor his contract, but now he feels slighted because the Jets leaked they would consider trading him if the deal was right. Works both ways Revis.
    + 1 good post. Nice to also show humility by saying he is the best player on the team. Great player, but not crying if they deal him

  15. #115
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Section 142 Row 8
    Posts
    285
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by escamoter2 View Post
    That interview pissed me off. Looked like he was trying to play a victim. Also, the fact that Rex talked to him, but he wouldnt discuss the conversation made it appear that Rex is undermining the new GM.

    You wont have to worry about Rex anymore after this season

  16. #116
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    1,550
    Post Thanks / Like
    Time to burn those Revis and Sanchez jerseys.

  17. #117
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    26,480
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jets trade Revis to Denver for the 28th overall pick


    1st round: OG Chance Warmack - Alabama

    1st round: QB Mike Glennon - NC State

    2nd round: OLB Alex Okafor - Texas

    3rd round: RB Stepfan Taylor - Stanford



    Gives this team a young foundation on offense to build around and a legit passrusher with a non-stop motor.

    If we walked away from the first two days of the draft with that setup, I'd be happier than a pig in sh*t.
    Last edited by Untouchable; 02-18-2013 at 09:00 PM.

  18. #118
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    12,312
    Post Thanks / Like
    The 28th pick is not enough for Revis...it's just not

    This is a negotiation both ways....Revis can rip Woody all he wants, it doesn't mean Woody gives a Rats as$

    The best thing for the JEts is to have Revis retire a Jet....If Revis wants to do that,I'm sure the Jets will pay him handsomely

  19. #119
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    7,454
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Jets trade Revis to Denver for the 28th overall pick


    1st round: OG Chance Warmack - Alabama

    1st round: QB Mike Glennon - NC State

    2nd round: OLB Alex Okafor - Texas

    3rd round: RB Stepfan Taylor - Stanford



    Gives this team a young foundation on offense to build around and a legit passrusher with a non-stop motor.

    If we walked away from the first two days of the draft with that setup, I'd be happier than a pig in sh*t.
    How far could they trade down and still have a realistic chance at Warmack?

  20. #120
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    26,145
    Post Thanks / Like
    Darrelle Revis says coach Rex Ryan "wants me to be here" with the Jets, but it "starts with" owner Woody Johnson.

    When asked by NFL Network's Andrea Kremer if Ryan has any say in the cornerback's future with the team, Revis said, "Nah, I wouldn't think. I'm sure he'll have a say so, but overall, no. It starts from the top. It starts with Woody Johnson." Revis recently voiced his displeasure with how the team has handled the rumors with him, saying he was "speechless" when rumors first facilitated. Revis says that Johnson's unwillingness to offer a new mega-contract "might be a situation" as to why he's on the block.

    Source: NFL.com
    Found this a few minutes ago.

    The front office is staying quiet, and Revis is making the noise now, along with a few reporters.

    The team is handling this properly, IMO. At some point they'll have to make a counter statement to Revis' claims, but being quiet is refreshing from the weekly chest thumping.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us