Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Revis on NFL Network: "I need answers and I'm not getting any" (Merged Revis)

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BleedGreen314 View Post
    I'm looking forward to day 1 of the draft when we trade Revis for some team's best picks this year and next. What a sweet day that will be on so many levels.
    Becareful of what you expect to happen. Lets see what Jets are offered for one year rental. Too many fans are assuming the Jets are going to be getting multiple high draft picks for Revis. That would be great from a Jet standpoint if that happened, but in reality that probably isn't happening.(especially on one year rental)
    Last edited by Raider9175; 02-19-2013 at 07:39 AM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by The Ego Trip View Post
    Alright, what's happening is we got two legitimate sides.....

Each side hates Revis after all that he has done for us because....

-One side is justified only because of the fact that Revis has held out enough times in his career to the point where another hold-out isn't out of question. So **** Revis, right? He's greedy and he can go **** himself? We can probably get more out of him than he's worth anyway....**** it. We have Cromartie anyway...

-The other side is the people that realize hey, we have the best player that the New York Jets has ever seen. Maybe we should keep 'em? Yeah probably because regardless of whatever defense we're showing, he has shut down EVERY SINGLE RECEIVER that has been across him (except for those two s.johnson plays). Don't trade him!

Yeah I get it, he got hurt. If you think for a second that he's going to be a lesser player for it, well I'm sorry but you're a tad slow in the head.

My point is that we need to keep him, he's the best thing we've had since Namath. C'mon people...

But That's just my opinion...
    Has nothing to do with a holdout, but Trader Mike gave him a no franchise clause. He won't hold out he will leave...for nothing in return. If we can get a low 1, and a conditional pick next year I'm all for it. Lot of value at the end of round one this year. All the same people that want to pick a guard at 9 because we need more offense are the same people that want to pay 20% of our cap to a CB. Well we could get a guard and a OLB pass rusher if we trade Revis, and maybe something nice next year.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    I swear some of you guys are just obsessed with bragging to your buddies about having "the best CB in the league".

How the hell anyone can condone giving a corner Tom Brady/Aaron Rodgers/Peyton Manning money is beyond me. Just totally absurd.

This offense is in complete shambles, but yeah, let's dish out $16 million a year to a player that our defense got along just fine without last season. Afterall, it's more important to retain a future HOFer than it is to build a contender.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RevisCroWilson View Post
    I just don't get why people take the negotiation process personally. We are all asuming right now he is demanding 15 + a year but I bet him and his agents know that if they want a contract done before season starts it will have to be 12 -13 mill a year, which I think everyone should be good with. Lets see how it plays out and stop whining because he called at the owner ot tried to put the pressure on the jets by having that interview.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    Guys like Johnathan Joseph and Asomugha make $12-13 million per.

You're deluding yourself if you think Revis is taking that.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Long Suffering Jets Fan View Post
    You're right on target. This is a negotiation, you always start with a high number and meet in the middle somewhere. I believe the number will be around $13.5M, but much of the negotiation will be around the guaranteed money. We'll see how things progress. At the end of the day I'd bet Revis is a jet for at least the next 5 years.
    I will take that Bet. Revis didn't let the Jets have the upperhand(he couldn't hold out or his contract was extended) for the right to be a unrestricted FA in 2014. Without a reason. Revis might be greedy, but he isn't stupid. The Jets in 2012 (with two years left on contract) might have gotten something done long term, but not one year away from totally unrestricted FA.(no franchise tag to play with) You snooze, you lose.
    Last edited by Raider9175; 02-19-2013 at 07:53 AM.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    I swear some of you guys are just obsessed with bragging to your buddies about having "the best CB in the league".

How the hell anyone can condone giving a corner Tom Brady/Aaron Rodgers/Peyton Manning money is beyond me. Just totally absurd.

This offense is in complete shambles, but yeah, let's dish out $16 million a year to a player that our defense got along just fine without last season. Afterall, it's more important to retain a future HOFer than it is to build a contender.
    Dead on.

It's not about Revis, but the position he plays.

CB's do not dominate football games, put teams on their back to win, lead 4th quarter comebacks or lead teams to Super Bowl victories.

The great ones, like Revis, only neutralize 1/53rd of an opposing teams roster.

For those results, you don't tie up 15% of the salary cap.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Dead on.

It's not about Revis, but the position he plays.

CB's do not dominate football games, put teams on their back to win, lead 4th quarter comebacks or lead teams to Super Bowl victories.

The great ones, like Revis, only neutralize 1/53rd of an opposing teams roster.

For those results, you don't tie up 15% of the salary cap.
    It's ridiculous.

I've even seen long respected posters on here basically saying give Revis whatever he wants.

All I know is that if we have over 20% of our cap tied up in our starting CB's alone, say bye bye to Wilkerson in a couple years. Oh, and good luck trying to fix the offense unless we start knocking the ball out of the f*cking park on these mid-late round draft picks that have about a 5-10% chance of ever being anything more than a career special teamer in the first place.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Raider9175 View Post
    Becareful of what you expect to happen. Lets see what Jets are offered for one year rental. Too many fans are assuming the Jets are going to be getting multiple high draft picks for Revis. That would be great from a Jet standpoint if that happened, but in reality that probably isn't happening.(especially on one year rental)
    I agree. Unless Revis and the trade partner can agree on a contract extension/revision ahead of time (unlikely).

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Guys like Johnathan Joseph and Asomugha make $12-13 million per.

You're deluding yourself if you think Revis is taking that.
    If you are going to spit out info make sure its true....jj signed for 5 yrs 48 million....oh and yes revis will get 13 to 13.5 tops because a he isnt worth more than that b..if he gets that offer and doesnt have to prove he is what he was he saves himself thr risk of injuring himself again. Its about risk vs reward..is it worth it to revis the chance 12-18 million (2to 3 mill a yr) and play without a contract or do you take the 6 yrs 13 a yr and 40 guarenteed? But no you are right lets give up any chance of resigning the best cb at a reasonable price because you "assume" you know what he will settle for. I mean people rather trade him get killed on the cap how about resigning him and opening another 8 mill by trading cro??? Of I forgot cro is the 2nd best cb in the league now...funny how most people here hated him 2 yrs ago.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    It fairly simple process, you try and work out a reasonable deal for both sides. Personally I think the 13 to 15 number is outrageous and don't see the Jets doing that. The 10 to 11 number is more in line with today realities in the NFL.
    If Revis is unmoving and determined to stick to his guns and wants to explore FA next season, what choice do the Jets have. Find the best possible deal for the TEAM and move on. It would be ideal to resolve this before the draft and have a deal in place for his services if no deal can be worked out with the Jets
    Although stock piling picks for next year is also and option when the team will have flexibility to make many other moves.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fltflo View Post
    It fairly simple process, you try and work out a reasonable deal for both sides. Personally I think the 13 to 15 number is outrageous and don't see the Jets doing that. The 10 to 11 number is more in line with today realities in the NFL.
    If Revis is unmoving and determined to stick to his guns and wants to explore FA next season, what choice do the Jets have. Find the best possible deal for the TEAM and move on. It would be ideal to resolve this before the draft and have a deal in place for his services if no deal can be worked out with the Jets
    Although stock piling picks for next year is also and option when the team will have flexibility to make many other moves.
    10 to 11.....hahahaha sorry that just made my day.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    If you are going to spit out info make sure its true....jj signed for 5 yrs 48 million....oh and yes revis will get 13 to 13.5 tops because a he isnt worth more than that b..if he gets that offer and doesnt have to prove he is what he was he saves himself thr risk of injuring himself again. Its about risk vs reward..is it worth it to revis the chance 12-18 million (2to 3 mill a yr) and play without a contract or do you take the 6 yrs 13 a yr and 40 guarenteed? But no you are right lets give up any chance of resigning the best cb at a reasonable price because you "assume" you know what he will settle for. I mean people rather trade him get killed on the cap how about resigning him and opening another 8 mill by trading cro??? Of I forgot cro is the 2nd best cb in the league now...funny how most people here hated him 2 yrs ago.

Yes, I do know what Revis will settle for.

Nothing less than being the highest paid defender in NFL history.

Why the hell you people keep talking about signing Revis to a "reasonable" longterm deal is beyond me.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Why the hell you people keep talking about signing Revis to a "reasonable" longterm deal is beyond me.
    What you want and what you will settle for are 2 diff things....hE prettymuch. Lost that chance of being the highest paid def player when he got hurt. Which is why he wull SETTLE for less inorder not to risk another injury. ......

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

The Jets have already caved in to Revis's demands twice.

Revis holds all the cards in this negotiation.

Either the Jets cave in for a third time and make him the highest paid defensive player in the league, or he leaves to a team that will, and the Jets receive nothing in return.

Without the franchise tag, the Jets can't do a damn thing.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    I agree. Unless Revis and the trade partner can agree on a contract extension/revision ahead of time (unlikely).
    That's illegal.

Teams can not negotiate with players currently under contract, which Revis is.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    10 to 11.....hahahaha sorry that just made my day.

Not a problem, as others have said, you cannot pay a CB, QB monies in today's NFL. You think Philly is thrilled now, about what they paid Nandi.
    I respect Revis and think he is a great player and excellent asset to any team he will play on. Aside from the drama of his holdouts and the issues it has raised, the kid has been a model player. But there lies the rub, his history suggest that he will pull this crap again in the third for fourth year of his next contract. We see the beginnings of that drama now with the interview on NFL Network. As if his reps are laying the ground work for the next assault on the Jets salary cap.
    With so many other needs I don't see how the Jets can afford to tie up even 13 million in Revis. An as you can see he certainly does not appear willing to compromise on the monies he"thinks" he worth.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    That's illegal.

Teams can not negotiate with players currently under contract, which Revis is.
    Correct, but the Jets can do a little wink/nod restructuring.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    What you want and what you will settle for are 2 diff things....hE prettymuch. Lost that chance of being the highest paid def player when he got hurt. Which is why he wull SETTLE for less inorder not to risk another injury. ......

Mario Williams isn't even one of the Top 5 passrushers in the league yet Buffalo made him the highest paid defensive player in NFL history.

Someone will give Revis the batsh*t crazy deal he is looking for.

I just hope it isn't us.

I pray Idzik isn't as clueless as Tanny and bends over backwards for a guy who even on his best day, is still only eliminating one player from the field.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Revis routinely voices issues with his contract because it's only business yet whines like a b!atch when the Jets run the franchise like a business. Revis should STFU with the entitlement complex. You are one of the highest paid players at your position...the Jets owe you nothing more unless there is an "explanation clause" in your contract.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mario Williams isn't even one of the Top 5 passrushers in the league yet Buffalo made him the highest paid defensive player in NFL history.

Someone will give Revis the batsh*t crazy deal he is looking for.

I just hope it isn't us.

I pray Idzik isn't as clueless as Tanny.
    That was as free agent...which revis is not. Thats why you cant remove the possibility of him ssettling for less by not risk inganother injury trying to play his way to free agency. ..