Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Revis on NFL Network: "I need answers and I'm not getting any" (Merged Revis)

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    That's illegal.

Teams can not negotiate with players currently under contract, which Revis is.
    Don't be naive. You are a Pats fan, you should know all about how teams circumvent the rules.

This is what agents are for. The Jets tell his agent to shop him around. The agent tells the trade partner what Revis is willing to sign once he is traded. The Jets and trade partner work out a deal. Revis is traded and then signs his extension with that team.

That's illegal.

it happens all the time. Especially when the team with the contract goes wink-wink.

That's illegal.

If the Jets give the perspective team permission they can.

Jets Insider VIP
    Yes, let's give a CB a contract on par with Superbowl winning QB's like Tom Brady and Peyton Manning.

Let's continue with this goofy ass philosophy of pouring all our resources into the defense while totally neglecting the offense.

Who cares about scoring points and putting the ball into the endzone as long as we can watch Revis run step for step with the opposing teams #1 receiver every week? I mean, what could be more thrilling than that?

Yeah, he'll never be happy here and most likely anywhere unless Fort Knox opes to him. I'd love to trade him and pick up a great OLB and then RB-Lacy and then OLine and safety.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    What happens if the Jets receive a great trade offer and Revis says no to the long-term contract?

He still has the option of playing 2013 for another team and then becoming a FA.

No team out there would give the Jets multiple picks for a one year rental.

Conor Orr ‏@ConorTOrr
    Revis says "I need answers and I'm not getting any" tonight in an interview with @nflnetwork #nyj #jets

Revis on why he was upset: "Just the fact that that was put out there instead of contacting your best player on the team" via @nflnetwork
    Sick of Revis' BS...Is it me or is this very similar to something TO would do? You're embarrassing yourself and the team, Revis...Way to go

Absolutely, it happens all the time...Best way to handle it

Quote Originally Posted by RevisCroWilson View Post
    That was as free agent...which revis is not. Thats why you cant remove the possibility of him ssettling for less by not risk inganother injury trying to play his way to free agency. ..

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    How much has D Revis made from the Jets so far? Can D Revis get a Lord Of London insurance policy to protect him against another injury? Lets see Revis put in the contract that he couldn't holdout or his contract would be extended so he could get in the contract that Jets couldn't use the franchise tag on him. Yet 12 months away from getting his chance to make some serious cash on the open market, he going to cave. As believable as Revis might take 11- 12 million per year.

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    I swear some of you guys are just obsessed with bragging to your buddies about having "the best CB in the league".

How the hell anyone can condone giving a corner Tom Brady/Aaron Rodgers/Peyton Manning money is beyond me. Just totally absurd.

This offense is in complete shambles, but yeah, let's dish out $16 million a year to a player that our defense got along just fine without last season. Afterall, it's more important to retain a future HOFer than it is to build a contender.
    Well said... Revis has to agree to a contract in the 10 mil a year range otherwise, hasta la vista, Mevis...

All Pro
    Oh boy, another brilliantly thought out thread regarding Revis and why we should keep a $15 million dollar CB for the next 8-10 years.

There are not enough to emphasize how this is getting tiring.

What happens if the Jets receive a great trade offer and Revis says no to the long-term contract?

He still has the option of playing 2013 for another team and then becoming a FA.

That very well could happen(have been bringing that possibility up) I guess that is a very bad scenario a lot of Jets fan don't want to think about right now. Sooner or later they are going to accept that this very well could happen.

[QUOTE=RevisCroWilson;4815260]I just don't get why people take the negotiation process personally. We are all asuming right now he is demanding 15 + a year but I bet him and his agents know that if they want a contract done before season starts it will have to be 12 -13 mill a year, which I think everyone should be good with. Lets see how it plays out and stop whining because he called at the owner ot tried to put the pressure on the jets by having that interview.

Because it never ends with this guy. I usually don't care, i get it, its a business. It seems like Revis starts in 1 day after he signs his latest contract. There is no reason to demand answers and accuse the owner in the press. Unless, he's looking to get out and be traded. I have been in favor of trading him since last year. We can't afford to pay a CB like a QB. And he's never happy anyway.

I say the rumor was started by the Revis camp. He's trying to kick start the whole game. I would not be surprised if his goal is to get traded. Did you see the secondary play last year? How many games did we lose because Revis was hurt? I think Cro played almost as good as Revis, he's just can't tackle like the selfish one

Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    I agree. Unless Revis and the trade partner can agree on a contract extension/revision ahead of time (unlikely).
    IF Jets agree to trade compensation with a team. They will probably give him a window to work out a contract extension with that current team. Now what IF Revis isn't willing to sign any extension and he wants to test free agency in 2014. Than that trade is off. You have to take a whole lot less on One year rental contract.

What does that have to do with what I posted?

And what if Revis says, Yes.

What if he says yes?? We get it. Your trying to come up with every possible scenario that would end up bad for the Jets...

Banned

You said that Revis would be free to negotiate with other teams if the Jets give permission.

My point was that still does not guarantee the Jets anything in return.

And if Revis says yes, the Jets would probably make out like bandits.

Nothing but what he did say is a possibility , just like there is a possibility like you said he could say yes to a contract extension. Revis is holding all the cards here. Jets can't do anything (beside trading him cheap on one year rental) without Revis approval. The Jets had Revis by the balls last year as he couldn't hold out or his contract was extended. Now Revis has the Jets by the balls, as they are at his mercy what the Jets can get back in a trade.
    Last edited by Raider9175; 02-19-2013 at 10:07 AM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Yes, I do know what Revis will settle for.

Nothing less than being the highest paid defender in NFL history.

Why the hell you people keep talking about signing Revis to a "reasonable" longterm deal is beyond me.
    +1 The only thing Revis and Reasonable have in common is they both start with the letter R..