Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast
Results 241 to 260 of 278

Thread: Revis on NFL Network: "I need answers and I'm not getting any" (Merged Revis)

  1. #241
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    4,850
    Post Thanks / Like
    And where is Revis' report on the status of his rehab? Where is he rehabbing? The therapist's report?
    BTW, I am tired of hearing he's the best ever. Maybe on the Jets as CB, but hardly ever. Will he be the same? Let big mouth prove it.

  2. #242
    All League
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    4,879
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LockeJET View Post
    You couldn't be more wrong. Coming off a major injury, the last thing Revis wants to do is play out next year without a new deal. Thats why he wants answers. Wherever he plays this season, he wants a new deal right now before he risks another injury. Signing a new deal now will hurt him a little in overall dollars but still gets a mega deal. Playing out the year to hit FA could really hurt his overall dollars in a major way if he hurt himself again.
    Plus, even if he signed a "discounted deal" before this upcoming season (say 5 years $12 million per) he knows that he can easily hold out until he is paid what he deserves.

    Revis is borderline exceptional at managing the media....anyone who watched his interview yesterday should have been sickened how he protrayed himself as the victim here. Do teams really call their players and alert them that they may be traded???? How about players who have manipulated the team as much as possible and not lived up to the contracts they signed.

    He can hold out all he wants, but then to portray himself as some sort of poor victim of the jets heartlessness is ridiculous.

  3. #243
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Mendham, NJ
    Posts
    12,124
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    Plus, even if he signed a "discounted deal" before this upcoming season (say 5 years $12 million per) he knows that he can easily hold out until he is paid what he deserves.

    Revis is borderline exceptional at managing the media....anyone who watched his interview yesterday should have been sickened how he protrayed himself as the victim here. Do teams really call their players and alert them that they may be traded???? How about players who have manipulated the team as much as possible and not lived up to the contracts they signed.

    He can hold out all he wants, but then to portray himself as some sort of poor victim of the jets heartlessness is ridiculous.
    Agreed. Plus by signing this year he not only makes more money this year, he is one year closer to his next re-negotiation. The real question will be, what team IS going to give Revis the money he wants?

  4. #244
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    4,850
    Post Thanks / Like
    And where is Revis' report on the status of his rehab? Where is he rehabbing? The therapist's report?
    BTW, I am tired of hearing he's the best ever. Maybe on the Jets as CB, but hardly ever. Will he be the same? Let big mouth prove it.

  5. #245
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    22,105
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Agreed. Plus by signing this year he not only makes more money this year, he is one year closer to his next re-negotiation. The real question will be, what team IS going to give Revis the money he wants?
    Exactly. The only "lose" situation for Revis is to play out his Jets contract in 2013 for $3 mil base.

    He wins by getting a new contract now upping his salary for 2013 and then can re-negotiate in 2015.

  6. #246
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Oceanside, Long Island
    Posts
    10,302
    Post Thanks / Like
    My fear is that this will turn into another heads I win and tails you lose type situation for Darrelle Revis and the jets.

    I think that Darrelle Revis is smart enough to sign a longer term deal now for slightly reduced money because I also think he is smart enough to realize that some salary concessions will be required in order to reflect the greater risk a club is taking in signing a player coming back from serious injury. If he gets injured again he will certainly continue to deposit those checks and chalk it up to the risks that go along with that kind of a deal. Just like he did last year. If he does not get re-injured however I think it will be 12 months tops before we start hearing whispers again about how he not happy with his situation. That he feels he is is being disrespected and not compensated appropriately for his contributions and so on and so forth.

    The only real way for the Jets to avoid this problem is to get what they can for him now and move on.

  7. #247
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    717
    Post Thanks / Like
    Trade Revis Now. I never liked him.

  8. #248
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    6,098
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SMC View Post
    But Revis isn't a risk taker when it comes to money. That's why he's held out so much. If he was a risk taker he'd have sat out the whole season in 2010. He wants to get paid and get paid now.

    Remember, he was considering holding out last year. His holdouts are negiotiation ploys to get more money now because that's his priority.

    If Revis holded out the whole year in 2010 it wouldn't have made any sense. You do that than that year didn't count .(you just wasted a year for nothing)

    There was no way Revis was holding out last year with the language in his contract if he did. Everyone knew this as the Jets had revis by the balls if he did. ( Revis would have had to be a moron to holdout) Now Revis has the Jets by the balls and don't think for a second he going to ease up.

    If you know your D Revis versus Jet history. If someone going to get screwed it will be the Jets.
    Last edited by Raider9175; 02-19-2013 at 01:29 PM.

  9. #249
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    2,297
    Post Thanks / Like
    What does he NEED answers on exactly? His answer is he's under contract. End of discussion.

  10. #250
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    22,105
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Raider9175 View Post
    If Revis holded out the whole year in 2010 it wouldn't have made any sense. You do that than that year didn't count .(you just wasted a year for nothing)

    There was no way Revis was holding out last year with the language in his contract if he did. Everyone knew this as the Jets had revis by the balls if he did. ( Revis would have had to be a moron to holdout) Now Revis has the Jets by the balls and don't think for a second he going to ease up.

    If you know your D Revis versus Jet history. If someone going to get screwed it will be the Jets.
    You just proved my point about Revis being a non-risk taker. The only way Revis was getting a $100 mil deal he wanted in 2010 was to hold out the year but he didn't want to risk that so he took the $45 mil deal.

    As to last year, he talked about a holdout but didn't because he was still getting paid a good amount last year and didn't want to risk the contract extension clause. Again, that is not a risk taker.

    BUT, you want us all to believe that after blowing out his ACL last, Revis is going to play for $3 mil (his 2013) salary in the hopes of getting a big deal in 2014 rather than pursuing a big deal now.

    Your argument is completely divorced from reality.

  11. #251
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    22,105
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Snell41 View Post
    What does he NEED answers on exactly? His answer is he's under contract. End of discussion.
    We can guess that these are Revis' questions:

    1) Are you going to give me the extension I deserve?

    2) Are you trading me to a team that will give me the extension I deserve?

  12. #252
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    6,098
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SMC View Post
    You just proved my point about Revis being a non-risk taker. The only way Revis was getting a $100 mil deal he wanted in 2010 was to hold out the year but he didn't want to risk that so he took the $45 mil deal.

    As to last year, he talked about a holdout but didn't because he was still getting paid a good amount last year and didn't want to risk the contract extension clause. Again, that is not a risk taker.

    BUT, you want us all to believe that after blowing out his ACL last, Revis is going to play for $3 mil (his 2013) salary in the hopes of getting a big deal in 2014 rather than pursuing a big deal now.

    Your argument is completely divorced from reality.
    Were going to see real soon how this Revis situation turns out. I think your going to be wrong big time and I can wait to tell you told you so.

  13. #253
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    2,297
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SMC View Post
    We can guess that these are Revis' questions:

    1) Are you going to give me the extension I deserve?

    2) Are you trading me to a team that will give me the extension I deserve?
    Answer #1) You are currently under contract with the NY Jets and we value your service.

    Answer #2) You are currently under contract with the NY Jets and we value your service.

  14. #254
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    22,105
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Snell41 View Post
    Answer #1) You are currently under contract with the NY Jets and we value your service.

    Answer #2) You are currently under contract with the NY Jets and we value your service.
    Those are the right answers, but not the answers Revis is looking for.

  15. #255
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    22,105
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Raider9175 View Post
    Were going to see real soon how this Revis situation turns out. I think your going to be wrong big time and I can wait to tell you told you so.
    First, you get proved wrong consistently.

    Second, your statement is a contradiction of your prior point. You said earlier that Revis will play out his 2013 contract for $3 mil. If so, how can we see "real soon" how this situation turns out?

    At the very least we'll have to wait until September to see if your contention is plausible.

  16. #256
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    2,297
    Post Thanks / Like
    Revis can kick and scream all he wants but the truth is there are no answers for him at this point. The decision is entirely on the Jets, and it's up to them to decide how THEY want to move forward. Revis has no leverage since he can't hold out. Conversely the Jets can't opt to let his current contract play out because they'll likely lose him for nothing. If a move is going to be made, it will happen around the draft. Until then, silence and standard company lines are the status quo.

    Revis of all people should know that, and he does know that. His public outburst is a calculated move. The real objective of this thread shouldn't necessarily be what the Jets do, but WHY Revis is coming out with his outburst now? What does he gain *****ing on NFL network?

  17. #257
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    9,517
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Snell41 View Post
    Revis can kick and scream all he wants but the truth is there are no answers for him at this point. The decision is entirely on the Jets, and it's up to them to decide how THEY want to move forward. Revis has no leverage since he can't hold out. Conversely the Jets can't opt to let his current contract play out because they'll likely lose him for nothing. If a move is going to be made, it will happen around the draft. Until then, silence and standard company lines are the status quo.

    Revis of all people should know that, and he does know that. His public outburst is a calculated move. The real objective of this thread shouldn't necessarily be what the Jets do, but WHY Revis is coming out with his outburst now? What does he gain *****ing on NFL network?
    it's the first time since joining the jets where he's not in control. he's rehabbing a major injury and he's under contract. he can't hold out. and most important of all, tanny isn't here anymore. idzik has no allegiance to revis - or rex's notion of winning solely with defense - and probably doesn't see the logic in giving so much money to a cb. revis is scared, he has no control over how much he makes this year or where he gets traded. and there's finally going to be a real emphasis on building an offense, which doesn't bode well for the jets overpaying him again.

  18. #258
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    195
    Post Thanks / Like

    So tired of Revis

    He nearly derailed one of the most successful seasons we had a couple of years ago. With his holdout crap. Now he hasn't played a whole season and is whining about answers from a 6-10 team with tons of holes in January/Feb. Just shut the F-up! Go on vacation, rehab do whatever you do, but stay out the press!

    As we saw from the secondary last season, it takes four (or more) members playing toghether cohesively to defend the pass well. Not a couple of superstars and a couple of slow white guys (sorry Eric/Jim love you guys, but its true).
    My hope would be to have the best corner in FB on our team, sure. But not this guy!

  19. #259
    Schluberator & Gadfly
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    25,690
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think it's pronounce ME-vis, if I remember correctly. Let me see, we have that old thread from the LAST time the effer wanted to hold out....

  20. #260
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Durham, CA
    Posts
    8,283
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chesapeakejet View Post
    I think it's pronounce ME-vis, if I remember correctly. Let me see, we have that old thread from the LAST time the effer wanted to hold out....
    There are V1.0/2.0/3.1
    Get the right one.

    Cant blame him tho.....every little red stinking cent counts for the guy.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us