Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Revis on NFL Network: "I need answers and I'm not getting any" (Merged Revis)

Revis on NFL Network: "I need answers and I'm not getting any" (Merged Revis)

Conor Orr ‏@ConorTOrr
    Revis says "I need answers and I'm not getting any" tonight in an interview with @nflnetwork #nyj #jets

Revis on why he was upset: "Just the fact that that was put out there instead of contacting your best player on the team" via @nflnetwork
    Last edited by C Mart; 02-18-2013 at 12:04 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Conor Orr ‏@ConorTOrr
    Revis says "I need answers and I'm not getting any" tonight in an interview with @nflnetwork #nyj #jets

Revis on why he was upset: "Just the fact that that was put out there instead of contacting your best player on the team" via @nflnetwork
    Brian Costello ‏@BrianCoz
    Final Revis: "If that's how you want to do business, then that's fine." All of this from NFL Network interview airing tonight at 7.

Trade his a$$

Brian Costello ‏@BrianCoz
    Here is the full Revis quote to NFL Net on trade rumors: "I was speechless; I tweeted it out I was speechless." more

Revis cont: "I was speechless because I didn't get a phone call. I know it's a business - just call me; don't have it lingering out there."

Revis : "I need answers & I'm not getting any. Just the fact that that was put out there instead of contacting yr best player on the team."

Final Revis: "If that's how you want to do business, then that's fine." All of this from NFL Network interview airing tonight at 7.

Dan Leberfeld ‏@jetswhispers
    John Idzik says he wants a culture of "we" not "me."

All Pro
    Welp looks like we have no choice but to trade him now. This all could of been avoided had the jets just come out and nipped the BS from the start.

Regardless of what plan is for Revis it should of stayed in house.

All Pro
    @Briancoz
    The NFL Network only sent out that one quote so it's unclear if Revis felt better after speaking with John Idzik.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoop24 View Post
    Welp looks like we have no choice but to trade him now. This all could of been avoided had the jets just come out and nipped the BS from the start.

Regardless of what plan is for Revis it should of stayed in house.
    Hasn't it been kept "in house"..Revis is the one *****ing..Shocking!

Hall Of Fame
    I'm done with Revis. Can't wait for this guy to be wearing another uniform. Just hope we find some dumbfvck GM to give us a #1 for his broken down ass.

Not for nothing but Idzik came out and denied the reports. Revis knows the media makes shi!t up and he shouldn't feed into it. He is being selfish (shocking :rollseyes. FTR I think they were true but he is basically putting his new GM on blast. It is classless. A real leader would keep things in-house. He is just another part of the circus.

Buh-bye Mevis.
    Last edited by DDNYjets; 02-18-2013 at 12:17 PM.

All Pro
    Hasn't it been kept "in house"..Revis is the one *****ing..Shocking!
    When asked about the Revis situation. The Jets didn't agree or disagree they just let it in linger.

But anyway i want to watch this before i comment anymore.. Quotes can make things look out of context

When asked about the Revis situation. The Jets didn't agree or disagree they just let it in linger.

But anyway i want to watch this before i comment anymore.. Quotes can make things look out of context
    Didn't they explain it during Idzik's presser and Idzik called Revis the next day to explain further...And now (if this interview took place after the Idzik/Revis phone call) Revis is chirping again???

Hall Of Fame

Very good point. And I hope you are right. But we have seen this movie before.

All Pro
    How difficult would it have been for the Jets simply to call Revis after this started and just say, "Some teams have inquired about trading for you, we have no plans right now to do this, if anything changes we will call you to let you know."

It's just not that hard.

Quote Originally Posted by chirorob View Post
    How difficult would it have been for the Jets simply to call Revis after this started and just say, "Some teams have inquired about trading for you, we have no plans right now to do this, if anything changes we will call you to let you know."

It's just not that hard.
    Idzik did call him..at least that was reported

NY Jets general manager John Idzik dials up Darrelle Revis after trade talk stirs
    Saturday, January 26, 2013, 12:19 AM

The Jets’ new general manager tried to make sure his best player didn’t feel all alone on Revis Island.

John Idzik called Darrelle Revis on Thursday to clear the air after the star cornerback seemed miffed when two reports asserted that the Jets were willing to trade him. Idzik would not go into detail about the conversation, but told NBC Sports Network’s “Pro Football Talk” on Friday that Revis “reacted well” and “my feeling was that he was appreciative to hear from me about what happened.”

Revis, 27, coming off a serious knee injury, is due to become an unrestricted free agent after next season if he doesn’t hold out, and there is a clause in his contract that prohibits the Jets from using the franchise tag on him.

Contract issues are nothing new between Revis and the Jets. He sat out the 2010 preseason before agreeing to a deal.

Revis, who posted on Twitter that he was “speechless” upon seeing the initial reports about the Jets exploring trade options, did not make his thoughts on the call known immediately. He is currently rehabilitating from surgery for the torn ACL that put him on the shelf in September.

Neither owner Woody Johnson nor Rex Ryan gave Revis a public endorsement on Thursday, but teammate Antonio Cromartie made clear his thoughts on Revis’ situation as he prepared for the Pro Bowl in Hawaii.

“We can’t lose a guy like him,” Cromartie told NFL.com. “(Revis is) a great leader in the locker room and also in our DB room, making sure that guys are accountable for each other. To lose a guy like that would be huge. And even though he’s coming off the surgery, I believe he’ll come back as strong as ever.”

Idzik insisted that trade talk was “premature” during his introductory press conference.

“I reached out to Darrelle and I made sure he knew exactly where we were coming from and that this is my first day on the job, and our message to everyone was, ‘Give us a chance to get to know each other and introduce ourselves to each other,’ "Idzik told “Pro Football Talk.”

“So give us that chance and give us the chance to go through our current roster, ultimately that’s the basis of comparison to whatever you may contemplate doing. We haven’t taken that first step and that’s what I relayed to Darrelle,” he added.

In 2010, Revis signed a one-year extension to the remaining three years on his deal, for a total of $46 million.

Cromartie, meanwhile, also offered his thoughts on personnel beyond defense. He continued his support of Mark Sanchez and made clear that the quarterback needs better talent around him if the offense is going to improve next season.

“We have confidence in Mark,” Cromartie said. “Like I’ve always said, even with the whole (Tim) Tebow thing, if we’re going to sign Mark to a three-year extension, we need to make sure we put guys around him.”

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...icle-1.1248403
    Last edited by C Mart; 02-18-2013 at 12:23 PM.

All League
    That's just ridiculous. Any new general manager needs to familiarize himself with the players and then to develop a plan prior to making any commitments to a needy player. I can only guess the reason he is complaining is because he doesn't want to be a Jet anymore. He wants to force the issue. I like him as a player but I have to say his $hit is getting old.

This.

All League
    So sick of this friggin' bullsh*t!!

Put him on the block, grab the best you can get and let's put this EXTREMELY talented but EXTREMELY selfish player in our rear view.

All Pro
    Didn't they explain it during Idzik's presser and Idzik called Revis the next day to explain further...And now (if this interview took place after the Idzik/Revis phone call) Revis is chirping again???
    Hence the reason i said i need to see interview first

Jets Insider VIP
    No!!! We gotta keep Revis at all cost!! He's da best CB everz!!!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Yep, you never want to lose "team" players like that.

All League
    +1000000000

Hall Of Fame
    Yea, but he said he wants to be a Jet for the rest of his career. So the Jets have to sign him....LOL