Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 103

Thread: Favorite TV Shows of All-Time

  1. #81
    Monty Python's Flying Circus (BBC)
    Get Smart
    F Troop
    Man From U.N.C.L.E.
    The Great American Dream Machine (PBS)
    Seinfeld
    The Marty Feldman Comedy Machine (BBC)
    The Dean Martin Show
    The Mike Douglas Show
    General Hospital (1976-90)
    Ancient Aliens

  2. #82
    All of my current favorites have been listed, but here is a few more oldies.

    Leave it to Beaver

    Car 54 Where Are You?

    My Mother the Car

    Dragnet

    McHales Navy

    Newlywed Game

    Flintstones

    Mary Tyler Moore Show 1

    Fernwood Tonight

    Allen Funt's Candid Camera
    Last edited by GuidoYaztremski; 02-24-2013 at 12:36 PM.

  3. #83
    Sherlock on BBC (and Netflix) is my current favorite in years. If you haven't checked it out please do. I guarantee you like it.

    Outside of that:

    Seinfeld
    Breaking Bad
    Battlestar Galactica
    Dexter
    Archer
    South Park
    Curb Your Enthusiasm
    Twilight Zone
    Planet Earth
    Chappelle's Show

  4. #84
    Forgot what might be in my top three, The Jonathan Winter's Show. Not the one from the 50s (I was just born and living in Europe), but the program which ran from 1967-69.

    Winters' brilliance (often dark and/or demented) can't be overstated. Really amazing sketches. But the weekly segment where Winters would find himself amidst a sea of props, and launch into an insane array of improvised characters, was hysterically funny.

    IMO, Winters is possibly the greatest comedy mind America ever produced.

  5. #85
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Un-Pleasantville
    Posts
    6,758
    Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    Dude...when I noticed Outer limits, I was like....


    And when I saw My Living Doll, it was like....


    But THEN, I saw Lancelot Link and I was all.....


    Awesome list from my youth. So complete at that. You win the internet.
    Since my college days long ago (BU) I havent watched too much primetime TV, but there will always be a few good shows on.

    Funny you mention Fernwood (w/ Happy Kyne!) as a spinoff of Mary Hartman. Lots of deadpan/dry humor there

    A few other shows I would recommend that you may recall are Honey West, The Invaders, Rod Serling's Night Gallery, and if you dont mind the snail's soap opera pace, the original Dark Shadows. Robert Loggia also had an excellent show called T.H.E. Cat. And of course, Playboy After Dark was the club I wanted to be at, if only I was 10 years older...Don Kirshners Rock Concert was more contemporary and when I saw Blondie play, I mean lip sync X Offender that was quite a watershed moment..Music on TV is another subject by itself...

    Other shows I liked: Columbo,The Super 6, Mr. Terrific, Arnie, Mothers In Law, The Rifleman, Have Gun, Will Travel, Barney Miller, Fridays with the pre-superstardom Michael Richards and Larry David and in reruns Checkmate, Alfred Hitchcock. Uncle Floyd was a quirky local favorite that was syndicated at night by NBC for awhile. Peter Gunn The Saint and Rifleman are now on MeTV so if you can get that channel see what they offer it changes a lot and they get pre-empted for infomercials at certain times by some providers.

    Non-ironic local kids/chiller hosts have sadly gone the way of the passenger pigeon, but I know Rex Trailer of Boomtown (who died recently) and Major Mudd were well loved in Boston (Dale Dorman, to a lesser extent and dare I speak of the unspeakable-Willie The Whistle?)
    Last edited by Jungle Shift Jet; 02-24-2013 at 02:17 PM.

  6. #86
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    370
    Fraiser is great

  7. #87
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    It's all relative
    Posts
    4,278
    Not mentioned yet?

    Police Squad! In color!

    A-team


    Already mentioned-

    Married with children
    Cheers
    Deadwood
    Family guy
    Simpsons

  8. #88
    Oz and Sopranos. The first two high-concept dramas with cursing and nudity on tv. Both shows really changed pop culture forever.

  9. #89
    Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Shift Jet View Post
    Since my college days long ago (BU) I havent watched too much primetime TV, but there will always be a few good shows on.

    Funny you mention Fernwood (w/ Happy Kyne!) as a spinoff of Mary Hartman. Lots of deadpan/dry humor there

    A few other shows I would recommend that you may recall are Honey West, The Invaders, Rod Serling's Night Gallery, and if you dont mind the snail's soap opera pace, the original Dark Shadows. Robert Loggia also had an excellent show called T.H.E. Cat. And of course, Playboy After Dark was the club I wanted to be at, if only I was 10 years older...Don Kirshners Rock Concert was more contemporary and when I saw Blondie play, I mean lip sync X Offender that was quite a watershed moment..Music on TV is another subject by itself...

    Other shows I liked: Columbo,The Super 6, Mr. Terrific, Arnie, Mothers In Law, The Rifleman, Have Gun, Will Travel, Barney Miller, Fridays with the pre-superstardom Michael Richards and Larry David and in reruns Checkmate, Alfred Hitchcock. Uncle Floyd was a quirky local favorite that was syndicated at night by NBC for awhile. Peter Gunn The Saint and Rifleman are now on MeTV so if you can get that channel see what they offer it changes a lot and they get pre-empted for infomercials at certain times by some providers.

    Non-ironic local kids/chiller hosts have sadly gone the way of the passenger pigeon, but I know Rex Trailer of Boomtown (who died recently) and Major Mudd were well loved in Boston (Dale Dorman, to a lesser extent and dare I speak of the unspeakable-Willie The Whistle?)
    Some great recall you have there. Many old faves.

    Most funny is you mentioning Rex Trailer's Boomtown. I actually went on one of his oft publicized chaperoned trips to So. Cal. I was in 5th grade and I and 500 other screaming kids were on the trip, without their parents. We spent a week with Rex, Sgt. Billy and Cactus Pete and about 40 chaperones at Disneyland, Knots Berry Farm, Hollywood, Universal, the old Marineland and even Palm Springs. Great time for a bunch of 11 and 12 year olds.

    Don't forget Bozo (each city had their own) and Romper Room. Major lolz for Major Mudd and Willie The Whistle. Willie was especially horrible.

  10. #90
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Bayonne, NJ
    Posts
    2,933
    Many shows listed are favorites without a doubt. Specifically the older ones, as I find much of TV today to suck in general. BUT - one I miss tremendously is the Tonight Show with Johnny Carson. It was just a great way to wind down any night.

  11. #91
    Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Atlanta via NJ
    Posts
    8,326
    Lot of great choices listed

    I'll go with sopranos, deadwood, west wing, jeapordy, lost, cheers, NCIS off top of my head


    Guilty pleasure - early seasons of survivor

    Super guilty pleasure - Dawson's Creek ... Love Katie Holmes to this day!




    Ljr

  12. #92
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Jerseystrong
    Posts
    18,997
    Quote Originally Posted by lamont_jordan_rules View Post
    Lot of great choices listed

    I'll go with sopranos, deadwood, west wing, jeapordy, lost, cheers, NCIS off top of my head


    Guilty pleasure - early seasons of survivor

    Super guilty pleasure - Dawson's Creek ... Love Katie Holmes to this day![




    Ljr
    So with you there dude! Have loved her every since I saw Dawsons Creek in like in 5th grade.

  13. #93
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    19,417
    21 Jumpstreet and Mancuso FBI were two my favorites in my youth.

  14. #94
    One not mentioned that I'm not sure many have seen that were created and produced by Ricky Gervais:

    An Idiot Abroad, first 2 seasons were great, I haven't seem the 3rd yet but heard it was great.

    Also excited to see Derek when it hits the states.

  15. #95
    All League
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Gainesville, FL
    Posts
    4,310
    Quote Originally Posted by RMJK View Post
    Seinfeld
    Sopranos
    Good Wife
    Breaking bad
    Revenge
    Yeahhh love that show.

    1. LOST
    2. Mad Men
    3. Seinfeld
    4. House of Cards (If you haven't seen it yet, I highly encourage it)
    5. Breaking Bad
    6. Parks and Recreation
    7. Walking Dead
    8. Revenge
    9. Nip/Tuck
    10. Hell on Wheels

  16. #96
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    It's all relative
    Posts
    4,278
    Better Off Ted

  17. #97
    Bewildered Beast
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    SF via Strong Island
    Posts
    31,331
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri_0515 View Post
    Am I ghey for liking Friends?
    Depends how often you "like" them...



  18. #98
    Bewildered Beast
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    SF via Strong Island
    Posts
    31,331
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    Monty Python's Flying Circus (BBC)
    Get Smart
    F Troop
    Man From U.N.C.L.E.
    The Great American Dream Machine (PBS)
    Seinfeld
    The Marty Feldman Comedy Machine (BBC)
    The Dean Martin Show
    The Mike Douglas Show
    General Hospital (1976-90)
    Ancient Aliens
    All In the Family
    MPFC
    Marty Feldman FTW
    MNF (until ESPN got it)
    SNL
    24 was tits



    Mad Men/Breaking Bad/Homeland - are you kidding me? Are these TV shows? Incredible works.

  19. #99
    Bewildered Beast
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    SF via Strong Island
    Posts
    31,331
    Quote Originally Posted by frostlich View Post
    agreed....hit that one outta the park.

    For the sake of discussion though:

    All in the Family (not 'Archies Place')
    Laugh-In
    Miami Vice (early years)
    MASH
    The Gong Show
    Seinfeld
    Sanford and Son
    The A-Team (hey, I was still a kid and never missed it)
    The Carol Burnett Show
    Hillstreet Blues
    There it is!

    NYPD Blue was a real tear-jerker...never missed it with the wife.

    You just step back, mr. Jimmy Smits. That's my wife; pardon her drooling.

  20. #100
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    28,139
    Can't believe I left this off my original list and I REALLY can't believe no one else has mentioned it:


    Mystery Science Theater 3000

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us