Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Pace, Eric Smith, Jason Smith, Josh Baker cut

All League
    I feel bad for Josh Baker. He showed real heart early in the year and made some good plays, but that terrible hit he took to the leg ruined everything.

Quote Originally Posted by jetfanbc77 View Post
    Do they plan on redoing David Harris' contract ?? $13 Million a year for a slow inside LB ?? I know a lot of people love him but his game has not improved since he signed his new contract.
    They better leave it alone, reworking Pace and Scotts contracts was the cause of them staying on the roster last year eating up 15 mill of cap space that they did not earn.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    They better leave it alone, reworking Pace and Scotts contracts was the cause of them staying on the roster last year eating up 15 mill of cap space that they did not earn.
    could not disagree more, i don't think I'll ever lose the image of Heath Miller burning Harris for a touchdown on that short route in Pittsburgh this year, I remember that too clearly.

harris makes twice what Patrick Willis makes. That is a sin!

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by kennyo7 View Post
    He had major knee injury problems in college. I suspect this last injury was pretty bad and his career may be over. Too bad. He was a good UDFA who showed promise when given a chance. Looked like a poor man's Chris Cooley
    Ahhh I didn't know he had previous knee issues.

I hope he can bounce back somehow. He was alwyas a sleeper fave of mine.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

2 of the players cut were starters, they were overpaid starters but they started for a reason. Your acting as if they cut two lbs that never seen any time. How many intergral players could the jets cut, when 1/2 the team are free agents already?

While your ROTFLAMO please stop and find the replacement players for the for all the players that will be lost. All today's action did was free up enoogh money to sign your 7 draft picks and not a dollar to sign any FA.
    Hey we could do like every pat troll here and just jump for joy and claim that the Jets just got younger, faster and better every time a veteran player is dropped.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    Hey we could do like every pat troll here and just jump for joy and claim that the Jets just got younger, faster and better every time a veteran player is dropped.
    So by that logic, we should continue to overpay guys just because the fill the role, and not go out and attempt to get better talent? So basically even though they fired Tannenbaum for doing just that, you're saying they should continue the practice anyway. got it.

Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

Lets here Tebows name next!

Banned
    Sometimes I feel like people are allergic to sarcasm on this site.

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    If you could find some of the posts, I would love to read them. What player can you even refer to? I think the last time a Patriot who was a starter got cut and the fans were happy was Adelius Thomas 4 years ago. Chad Johnson was not a starter, Nobody was happy that Koppen got cut, being a BC guy and a 7 year starter. Ty Warren maybe but only because of his recovery time. I can't think of any other starter the pats cut where fans were happy, Certainly not Merriweather.

And no, but the poster i was responding to was acting as if the jets off season challenges were just eliminated in one afternoon of cuts. he was "ROTFLAMO"
    about what? About not having any cap room to improve the team from last year? About being tied to a QB that no fan wants to the tune of 10% of the cap. Or maybe he was laughing because his teams best player says on national TV that he wants more of the cap going forward, of he will find a new place to play . Funny stuff.
    Last edited by patman; 02-19-2013 at 03:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by joiseyjet View Post
    +1 ............Hear! Hear!

Jets Insider VIP
    If you could find some of the posts, I would love to read them. What player can you even refer to? I think the last time a Patriot who was a starter got cut and the fans were happy was Adelius Thomas 4 years ago. Chad Johnson was not a starter, Nobody was happy that Koppen got cut, being a BC guy and a 7 year starter. Ty Warren maybe but only because of his recovery time. I can't think of any other starter the pats cut where fans were happy, Certainly not Merriweather.

And no, but the poster i was responding to was acting as if the jets off season challenges were just eliminated in one afternoon of cuts. he was "ROTFLAMO"
    about what? About not having any cap room to improve the team from last year? About being tied to a QB that no fan wants to the tune of 10% of the cap. Or maybe he was laughing because his teams best player says on national TV that he wants more of the cap going forward, of he will find a new place to play . Funny stuff.
    We're happy because we're getting rid of old, dead weight that Tannenbaum drastically overpaid to acquire.

Most of us realists know that 2013 is basically a lost cause anyway. We aren't making a run at the gold so who cares if we don't have much wiggle room this year?

In 2014, we'll have a ton of cap room and can actually start restocking the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    We're happy because we're getting rid of old, dead weight that Tannenbaum drastically overpaid to acquire.

Most of us realists know that 2013 is basically a lost cause anyway. We aren't making a run at the gold so who cares if we don't have much wiggle room this year?

In 2014, we'll have a ton of cap room and can actually start restocking the team.
    Here's to hoping that Idzik can stockpile some picks and pull off a super draft.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by joiseyjet View Post
    I was just going to post that. Get this bum off the team already

Banned
    Out of the Smiths, Pace, Scott and Baker the only guy you have to replace with anything other then a JAG is Pace. The rest are insignificant. Davis is taking over Scott's position and basically already did last year. None of these releases affect the team in a negative way on the field.

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post

And you should be happy that your turning a new page and getting rid of a lot of overpaid or under performing players. I just took exception to a poster who first- misquoted ESPN and then was giddy about it like all the jets problems were solved infering how wrong "everybody" in the media was.

I understand how jet fans can feel at this time, I been a patriot fan for over 40 years and seen enough of 2-14 seasons to last a lifetime.

This board will be hopping and the fans will be "pumped and jacked" when Sanchez and Holmes are cut and the jets are looking at 50mill in cap room next year. In another post in this thread I advised against touching harris contract lest it become an anchor like Pace and Scotts were this last season.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by BleedGreen314 View Post
    could not disagree more, i don't think I'll ever lose the image of Heath Miller burning Harris for a touchdown on that short route in Pittsburgh this year, I remember that too clearly.

harris makes twice what Patrick Willis makes. That is a sin!
    Tannenbaum and the Jets made thier bed, Now Idzik will have to sleep in it! I'd rather eat Harris' money now while we aren't competitive, rather then extend the hit over the course of the next couple of seasons, and have him glued to our cap when we are building a contender......

Quote Originally Posted by Choon328 View Post
    Out of the Smiths, Pace, Scott and Baker the only guy you have to replace with anything other then a JAG is Pace. The rest are insignificant. Davis is taking over Scott's position and basically already did last year. None of these releases affect the team in a negative way on the field.
    Understood that losing these players does not critically hurt the teams performance next year but if they made 1 mill they were not have been cut, they did contribute, just not at thier pay level. .

However You and I must disagree on the definition of jag if Scott who got 400 snaps is a Jag, Scott was a starter for 13 games when he was healthy. A jag is a guy that might see 5 snaps a game - Mauga- Bellore some one like that.

Quote Originally Posted by JonEJet View Post
    Who is the elite QB you speak of?

Not the guy on the downward spiral of a solid yet unspectacular career?

Banned
    Understood that losing these players does not critically hurt the teams performance next year but if they made 1 mill they were not have been cut, they did contribute, just not at thier pay level. .

However You and I must disagree on the definition of jag if Scott who got 400 snaps is a Jag, Scott was a starter for 13 games when he was healthy. A jag is a guy that might see 5 snaps a game - Mauga- Bellore some one like that.
    I said that you would only have to replace Pace with anything other then a JAG b/c Scott's replacement is already on the team (D. Davis). The only person the Jets would have to replace with a starting caliber player not already on the team is Pace. Scott's replacement is on the team. The Smith's and Baker can be replaced by vet minimum players. That was my point. I was saying that we could replace them with JAG's not that the players we released were JAG's. Got it?

Banned
    It's crazy how some people take every so called "expert" word for it when they talk about the NFL on ESPN or the NFL network. John Clayton actually just said that the Jets released 3 starters from last year, Pace, Scott and Eric Smith? Really? How the eff do these guys get these jobs? And then went on to say how surprised he was that the Jets cut him even if it saved them $3 million b/c we should be nervous that he may go to the Bills. What the hell are these guys smoking? I hope they all go to the Bills. That means there defense will be slow as molasses. Please take them.