Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Barry's Sequester Scare Tactics

Quote Originally Posted by Winstonbiggs View Post
    As a politician he has won every single round with the Republicans. They have lost ever battle and they got killed in the election. The focus on Obama rather than the focus on solutions is the reason the Republican party is a joke right now.

You continue to bash Obama but the reality is there is no alternative politicaly that is offering a better solution that the public supports. He is kicking your collective asses in the arena that counts in a democracy.
    Cuts, Cuts and more Cuts. As a tax payer I am tired of hearing I am entitled.
    Nope folks you are entitled to ****E! Get a frigging job! Or 2 or 3.

Quote Originally Posted by OCCH View Post
    I don't care who's in office -- the fact that we excuse such ridiculous expenditures is a symptom of a MUCH bigger problem -- the idea that something is worth spending money on even if you don't have the money to spend.

Is that true for the military? Maybe. Education? I guess so. Healthcare? I could see it. But pancakes for yuppies? I'm sorry -- as long as we live in a society that thinks such trivial things are worth spending imaginary money on we'll NEVER have a realistic shot at economic health (which I've already resigned myself to a LONG time ago)

It's a mindset. If I'm trying to save money, I can rationalize how "$10 on coffee a week is a drop in the bucket compared to the $10,000 I owe my bank", but does that mean I should keep spending it?

Again, I've given up hoping this country will turn things around. I'm squirreling away as much as I can and hope my children don't get too screwed. At this point it's just an annoyance that people can continue to defend/excuse such worthless spending like a diabetic explaining why "one more Twix bar won't hurt" . . .
    You are spitting into the wind. Spending, Taxing and more Spending. That is Obama's mindset and the mental midgets who voted for him.

Quote Originally Posted by MnJetFan View Post
    You are spitting into the wind. Spending, Taxing and more Spending. That is Obama's mindset and the mental midgets who voted for him.
    Congress is doing a great job. 15% approval that's just awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by cr726 View Post
    "FREE PRESIDENTIAL PASSES . . . GET YER FREE PRESIDENTIAL PASSES HERE . . . "

Just awesome . . .

Quote Originally Posted by OCCH View Post
    "FREE PRESIDENTIAL PASSES . . . GET YER FREE PRESIDENTIAL PASSES HERE . . . "

Just awesome . . .
    No one is giving anyone a pass to the President, but you want to blame the President for everything, while ignoring everyone else.

No one is giving anyone a pass to the President, but you want to blame the President for everything, while ignoring everyone else.
    Seriously the buck stops with the President. Bill Clinton would have gotten these deals done.

Quote Originally Posted by chiefst2000 View Post
    Seriously the buck stops with the President. Bill Clinton would have gotten these deals done.
    Really? You think the Tea Party would allow their people to deal with Clinton? Um no.

Quote Originally Posted by MnJetFan View Post
    Cuts, Cuts and more Cuts. As a tax payer I am tired of hearing I am entitled.
    Nope folks you are entitled to ****E! Get a frigging job! Or 2 or 3.
    Since I'm a taxpayer and have also received SS Statements my entire working life as well as having paid into Medicare I have a very different POV.

I'm entitled to safe drugs and food, secure markets without inside trading, national defense from foreign and domestic enemies, protection from predatory companies, clean water and air, a social safety net for those who aren't able, I'm paying into unemployment, a Justice system that enforces the contracts I make with companies for all kinds of services, etc., etc., etc.

I have a frigging job and a pay an enormous amount in taxes and I'm entitled to get what I voted and paid for.

This is our government voted for and paid for by us. Stop calling it entitlements since we have either directly paid for the services through taxes or through inflation.

Hall Of Fame
    +1.

Can't fire 500+ Congressmen and Senators. Sooner or later Barry needs to lead by example. The circumstances do not matter, only the results do. And he is by far the most divisive President in a long time. He sets the tone. Eventually, people will realize this.

Since I'm a taxpayer and have also received SS Statements my entire working life as well as having paid into Medicare I have a very different POV.

I'm entitled to safe drugs and food, secure markets without inside trading, national defense from foreign and domestic enemies, protection from predatory companies, clean water and air, a social safety net for those who aren't able, I'm paying into unemployment, a Justice system that enforces the contracts I make with companies for all kinds of services, etc., etc., etc.
    Nobody is trying to take that away from you. No matter what Nancy, Sandra, Rachel, Ed or Chris tell you.

But it would be nice to see those things available for future generations. Or do we not care b.c we will be dead?
    Last edited by DDNYjets; 02-21-2013 at 10:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    +1.

Can't fire 500+ Congressmen and Senators. Sooner or later Barry needs to lead by example. The circumstances do not matter, only the results do. And he is by far the most divisive President in a long time. He sets the tone. Eventually, people will realize this.

Nobody is trying to take that away from you. No matter what Nancy, Sandra, Rachel, Ed or Chris tell you.

But it would be nice to see those things available for future generations. Or do we not care b.c we will be dead?
    they had a deal in August, 2011...Barry called Boehner back & reneged...fact

the US subsequently got downgraded, & all dickwad Prez has done since then is waste/spend more $$ & not deal in good faith w Republicans. He won the election bc Republican primaries were a farce & he repeatedly lied to let's say....."low information" voters

I assume you're using the label "you" liberally -- I will gladly direct you to a multitude of posts where I express my disgust with all aspects of gov't, regardless of what side of the aisle they're on. Having said that, you're right that some people JUST want to blame the president, and that's true no matter who's in office.

But how's that any worse than people who ALWAYS want to blame someone else? If you can point me to posts where you're critical of the president, I'll gladly apologize. But it just amazes me how this guy only got elected because he was going to be "the savior", and now all I hear is how nothing's his fault, he's no different than any other president, and somehow that's OK . . .

Really? You think the Tea Party would allow their people to deal with Clinton? Um no.
    The TEA Party is not some evil cabal meeting in a secret location in Switzerland in an attempt to rule the world. They are regular Americans that are sick of Government waste and the lack of a vibrant economy that comes from a debt ridden society. They don't have many "people" in congress. There are about 70 congressmen and women that participate in the TEA Party caucus. That is not different than the "progressive" caucus on the left and nowhere near enough people to block bipartisan agreements. This is garbage being fed to you by a left wing media that was quick to point to the TEA Party when Giffords was shot or whenever anything bad happens.

I have a frigging job and a pay an enormous amount in taxes and I'm entitled to get what I voted and paid for.

This is our government voted for and paid for by us. Stop calling it entitlements since we have either directly paid for the services through taxes or through inflation.
    I like how liberals take a message of limited government as meaning no government. It took Republican Teddy Roosevelt to use the power of government break up the trusts and create the environment in which a middle class in America could finally thrive. No one wants government to disappear. The discussion and debate is about limiting the size and scope or slowing the rate of growth of government. It is about looking at the consequences of the laws and regulations that are being passed and having systems in place to determine if the outcomes coincide with the original intentions of the legislation. It is the GOP today that are trying to fix the entitlements so they last for future generations. The Democrats are blindly opposed to any fixes to entitlements including means testing which one would think they would jump on board with. It is Republican Tom Coburn that year after year has publishes his list of Government Waste projects and yet every year nothing is done to remedy it.

You can argue with your straw man all day and night but what you think the opposition wants is simply incorrect.

You're kidding right? You like pretending that your unbiased opinion isn't different than all theTea Party fools? I have no problem cutting waste but you also have to raise taxe revenues.

The 70 hopefully will be 0 in a few years.

The TEA Party is not some evil cabal meeting in a secret location in Switzerland in an attempt to rule the world. They are regular Americans that are sick of Government waste and the lack of a vibrant economy that comes from a debt ridden society. They don't have many "people" in congress. There are about 70 congressmen and women that participate in the TEA Party caucus. That is not different than the "progressive" caucus on the left and nowhere near enough people to block bipartisan agreements. This is garbage being fed to you by a left wing media that was quick to point to the TEA Party when Giffords was shot or whenever anything bad happens.

You're kidding right? You like pretending that your unbiased opinion isn't different than all theTea Party fools? I have no problem cutting waste but you also have to raise taxe revenues.

The 70 hopefully will be 0 in a few years.
    I have no idea what you are talking about here. I was dead serious in my comment. You worry about a TEA Party caucus without concern for the progressive caucus which IMO is made up of left wing radical loons. If you believe the same of the TEA Party Caucus at worst they cancel each other out. Either way neither group has the power to block bipartisan legislation. You elected a President that has never shown any inclination to bipartisanship or even getting his hands dirty legislating. The result is a dysfunctional government. Not sure why this is surprising as this has been going on since 2008.

I like how liberals take a message of limited government as meaning no government. It took Republican Teddy Roosevelt to use the power of government break up the trusts and create the environment in which a middle class in America could finally thrive. No one wants government to disappear. The discussion and debate is about limiting the size and scope or slowing the rate of growth of government. It is about looking at the consequences of the laws and regulations that are being passed and having systems in place to determine if the outcomes coincide with the original intentions of the legislation. It is the GOP today that are trying to fix the entitlements so they last for future generations. The Democrats are blindly opposed to any fixes to entitlements including means testing which one would think they would jump on board with. It is Republican Tom Coburn that year after year has publishes his list of Government Waste projects and yet every year nothing is done to remedy it.

You can argue with your straw man all day and night but what you think the opposition wants is simply incorrect.
    The Republicans gutted the SEC during the Bush administration, they have tried to gut environmental regulations. They tried to move health insurance to no regulation states. They have attempted to gut both SS and Medicare several times and they haven't reduced the size or scope of government in any period that they actually controlled the government in the last 20 years.

Limited government is just another term for moving the benefits to another constituency in practical terms.

The straw man is actually pretending that the Republican Party supports limited government.

This has been going on since 2001. The current President is a centrist. Look at his appointments for Christ sakes. The President has pissed off both sides over and over.

I have no idea what you are talking about here. I was dead serious in my comment. You worry about a TEA Party caucus without concern for the progressive caucus which IMO is made up of left wing radical loons. If you believe the same of the TEA Party Caucus at worst they cancel each other out. Either way neither group has the power to block bipartisan legislation. You elected a President that has never shown any inclination to bipartisanship or even getting his hands dirty legislating. The result is a dysfunctional government. Not sure why this is surprising as this has been going on since 2008.

This has been going on since 2001. The current President is a centrist. Look at his appointments for Christ sakes. The President has pissed off both sides over and over.
    His foreign policy for the most part is centrist. I don't find in general that R or D disagree a whole lot on foreign policy issues. Differences are more personality of the individual in charge rather than whole sale differences of policy. Domestically he is as far left as we have had in a President since Carter. Universal healthcare, banning guns, environmental extremism, wasting billions propping up failing "green energy companies", tax hikes galore, more food stamps, more wellfare etc are not centrist policies by any stretch.

BUT everybody keeps voting for THEIR guy.
    Frankly I LOVE my two senators. They are fiscally conservative unlike the two morons (each) from NY and NJ. Spend++++. Plus Menendez likes underage girls.
    My next Representitive will be a Republican - Scott moved to the Senate - imagine a BLACK Repub from SC.

His foreign policy for the most part is centrist. I don't find in general that R or D disagree a whole lot on foreign policy issues. Differences are more personality of the individual in charge rather than whole sale differences of policy. Domestically he is as far left as we have had in a President since Carter. Universal healthcare, banning guns, environmental extremism, wasting billions propping up failing "green energy companies", tax hikes galore, more food stamps, more wellfare etc are not centrist policies by any stretch.
    Healthcare will be run by private insurance.
    No guns have been banned.
    Wasting billions? Oil is not going to last us forever.
    Tax hikes galore? Examples please.
    More food stamps? You think inheriting a recession has something to do with that?