Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
Results 141 to 160 of 195

Thread: Barry's Sequester Scare Tactics

  1. #141
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Parsippany, NJ
    Posts
    3,663
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by palmetto defender View Post
    That's because the guy apologized. Woodward is backtracking because he still has a bit of a working life.
    BTW, Lanny Davis has joined Woodward in seeing he (Davis) was threatened.
    The Emir does not like a challenge. Especially when he is WRONG and a LIAR.
    Read this again
    Gene: You do not ever have to apologize to me. You get wound up because you are making your points and you believe them. This is all part of a serious discussion. I for one welcome a little heat; there should more given the importance. I also welcome your personal advice. I am listening. I know you lived all this. My partial advantage is that I talked extensively with all involved. I am traveling and will try to reach you after 3 pm today. Best, Bob
    Does that really sound like someone who felt threatened?

  2. #142
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    4,850
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by adb280z View Post
    Read this again


    Does that really sound like someone who felt threatened?


    It sound like someone who knows someone a LONG time and still wants to retain access. Again, he WAS threatened: "You will regret" is a threat.
    YOU read the transcripts again. BUT then again, YOYU are one of the Obama parasite class. Give me, give me, give me.

    Obama puts pressure on people who disagree. He is dictatorial in character.

  3. #143
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Parsippany, NJ
    Posts
    3,663
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by palmetto defender View Post
    BUT then again, YOYU are one of the Obama parasite class. Give me, give me, give me.
    I'm far from a parasite. I pay quite a hefty amount in taxes and have never been unemployed.

  4. #144
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Grantham, PA
    Posts
    454
    Post Thanks / Like
    You guys voted for him ... don't understand New Yorkers sometimes. I guess if I did the Jets would have a stadium in Manhattan.

  5. #145
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    14,744
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrebet Crunch View Post
    You guys voted for him ... don't understand New Yorkers sometimes. I guess if I did the Jets would have a stadium in Manhattan.
    Gee thanks for nominating Mittens.

  6. #146
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    greenwich village, NYC
    Posts
    8,118
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have no objection to cutting government (as noted, actually the growth of government) in a rational way (i.e., establishing a percentage and letting each agency figure out how to achieve it). But the sequester has produced some interesting and revealing information. We can see how federal moneys are distributed across states by both defense and non-defense dollars in a relatively transparent fashion. It's quite ironic that the hard-core blue states are for the most part at the bottom of re percentage of federal dollars in their budget while many red states are at the high end. It will create a real conundrum for republican congressional reps vs. republican state governors who will be crying very quickly about their losses.

  7. #147
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    14,744
    Post Thanks / Like
    Very good points. States like Texas are going to take a pretty big hit.

    Quote Originally Posted by long island leprechaun View Post
    I have no objection to cutting government (as noted, actually the growth of government) in a rational way (i.e., establishing a percentage and letting each agency figure out how to achieve it). But the sequester has produced some interesting and revealing information. We can see how federal moneys are distributed across states by both defense and non-defense dollars in a relatively transparent fashion. It's quite ironic that the hard-core blue states are for the most part at the bottom of re percentage of federal dollars in their budget while many red states are at the high end. It will create a real conundrum for republican congressional reps vs. republican state governors who will be crying very quickly about their losses.

  8. #148
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    4,850
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by adb280z View Post
    I'm far from a parasite. I pay quite a hefty amount in taxes and have never been unemployed.

    Nobody who pays a lot of taxes could possibly support the presidents financial poliicies. Unless that person is demented. "Let me screw myself". Smart thinking.
    And let's not hear about Warren Buffett. Brilliant investor. But he is an inside trader and a hypocrit. He owes millions in back taxes and is looking for an exemtion from his buddy.
    Read today: The GAO reports that the righest Americans are paying more federal tax than at any time in the past 30 years. The middle class sinificant less (12% less) and the parasites pay ZERO.
    Let's have that SHARED SACRIFICE.
    Also current events:
    Obama gives M-1 tanks and F-16 fighters to Egypt. To fight who? Israel?
    The Moslem Brotherhoood is in bed with extreme Islam. Al Quida.
    The recent Libyan aid. Al Quida.
    $60 million to Syrian rebels. That's Al Quida BTW.
    Another $160 in aid to Egypt in eco aid. They all hate us.
    Aid to Kenya. Help for the Pres homies.
    All this with money we do not have. Thanks China for another loan. But he can't cut spending? Tax people to help our enemies? Smart guy.

  9. #149
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    14,744
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sacrifices? How many "rich people" have died for their country over the last 10 years? How many billions have been given away to the rich ov the last 15 years?

    The richer have gotten richer and that's about it.

    Quote Originally Posted by palmetto defender View Post
    Nobody who pays a lot of taxes could possibly support the presidents financial poliicies. Unless that person is demented. "Let me screw myself". Smart thinking.
    And let's not hear about Warren Buffett. Brilliant investor. But he is an inside trader and a hypocrit. He owes millions in back taxes and is looking for an exemtion from his buddy.
    Read today: The GAO reports that the righest Americans are paying more federal tax than at any time in the past 30 years. The middle class sinificant less (12% less) and the parasites pay ZERO.
    Let's have that SHARED SACRIFICE.
    Also current events:
    Obama gives M-1 tanks and F-16 fighters to Egypt. To fight who? Israel?
    The Moslem Brotherhoood is in bed with extreme Islam. Al Quida.
    The recent Libyan aid. Al Quida.
    $60 million to Syrian rebels. That's Al Quida BTW.
    Another $160 in aid to Egypt in eco aid. They all hate us.
    Aid to Kenya. Help for the Pres homies.
    All this with money we do not have. Thanks China for another loan. But he can't cut spending? Tax people to help our enemies? Smart guy.

  10. #150
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Parsippany, NJ
    Posts
    3,663
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by palmetto defender View Post
    Nobody who pays a lot of taxes could possibly support the presidents financial poliicies. Unless that person is demented. "Let me screw myself". Smart thinking.
    And let's not hear about Warren Buffett. Brilliant investor. But he is an inside trader and a hypocrit. He owes millions in back taxes and is looking for an exemtion from his buddy.
    Read today: The GAO reports that the righest Americans are paying more federal tax than at any time in the past 30 years. The middle class sinificant less (12% less) and the parasites pay ZERO.
    Let's have that SHARED SACRIFICE.
    Also current events:
    Obama gives M-1 tanks and F-16 fighters to Egypt. To fight who? Israel?
    The Moslem Brotherhoood is in bed with extreme Islam. Al Quida.
    The recent Libyan aid. Al Quida.
    $60 million to Syrian rebels. That's Al Quida BTW.
    Another $160 in aid to Egypt in eco aid. They all hate us.
    Aid to Kenya. Help for the Pres homies.
    All this with money we do not have. Thanks China for another loan. But he can't cut spending? Tax people to help our enemies? Smart guy.
    Your assumption is that because I don't think the response to Woodward is a threat that I'm with Obama on most issues and you'd be wrong on that.

  11. #151
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    4,850
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cr726 View Post
    Sacrifices? How many "rich people" have died for their country over the last 10 years? How many billions have been given away to the rich ov the last 15 years?

    The richer have gotten richer and that's about it.


    Plenty of guys who went to West Point, Annapolis and the Air Force Academy. And others who decided to fight. Pat Tillman is the richest who comes to mind.
    They (academy people)are generally better off than others because as rule they come from better families and are smarter. BTW, West Point and Annapolis are rated as the highest potential colleges for future earnings. More than Harvard or Yale. BTW.
    I fought, though not in the last 10. Did YOU? And I knew a couple well to do guys who were killed.
    What money was GIVEN to the rich? I never got any check. Were my taxes slightly lowered? Yes. But others were lowered MUCH more. Please check rates with your accountant or on the internet. They are published.
    The rich got richer because they are smarter. And yes, I will take credit for what I have done, thank you very much, Barack.

  12. #152
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    4,850
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by adb280z View Post
    Your assumption is that because I don't think the response to Woodward is a threat that I'm with Obama on most issues and you'd be wrong on that.

    Woodward called Obama a liar. The language directed at him was a threat. Lanny Davis corroberates. And these guys are flaming libs.

  13. #153
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    14,744
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yup the military officers are the smart guys who sacrifice, f the enlisted. More facts?


    Quote Originally Posted by palmetto defender View Post
    Plenty of guys who went to West Point, Annapolis and the Air Force Academy. And others who decided to fight. Pat Tillman is the richest who comes to mind.
    They (academy people)are generally better off than others because as rule they come from better families and are smarter. BTW, West Point and Annapolis are rated as the highest potential colleges for future earnings. More than Harvard or Yale. BTW.
    I fought, though not in the last 10. Did YOU? And I knew a couple well to do guys who were killed.
    What money was GIVEN to the rich? I never got any check. Were my taxes slightly lowered? Yes. But others were lowered MUCH more. Please check rates with your accountant or on the internet. They are published.
    The rich got richer because they are smarter. And yes, I will take credit for what I have done, thank you very much, Barack.

  14. #154
    All League
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    4,848
    Post Thanks / Like
    It would really be nice if we had a president who actually brain. He is devastating this country and his followers just blame someone else. This country is screwed. Sequester and Sequester some more make the takers suffer.

  15. #155
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    7,949
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cr726 View Post
    Very good points. States like Texas are going to take a pretty big hit.
    States like Texas have surpluses...

  16. #156
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    greenwich village, NYC
    Posts
    8,118
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite View Post
    States like Texas have surpluses...
    Texas owes its surplus to oil and gas production. But then, more than half the states generated surpluses in 2012. Sadly, they are about equivalent to what the sequester will negate in many cases.

  17. #157
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    14,744
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite View Post
    States like Texas have surpluses...
    Texas has benefited from the federal government with over 300k federal employees and major federal facilities.
    Although Texas does have some good budget tricks too.


    Restoring the deep cuts made to the Texas budget two years ago will have to wait, as will any major new initiatives — at least for now.
    The top priority for the state House and Senate leaders who crafted the 2014-15 budget bills was to clean up the accounting mess left from 2011.
    Last legislative session, lawmakers used just about every trick of the trade to make the books balance without having to make even deeper reductions to basic state services in the 2012-13 two-year budget. They left a giant Medicaid IOU; borrowed some tax dollars from 2014-15 while kicking some costs into that budget; and relied heavily on billions in fines and fees that have been accumulating for years in so-called dedicated accounts.
    Nearly $7 billion will be needed to undo those accounting maneuvers that some Republican activists — and Gov. Rick Perry — have derided as gimmicks that created the illusion of a balanced, conservative budget.
    http://www.statesman.com/news/news/p...-clean-/nTxrN/

  18. #158
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    greenwich village, NYC
    Posts
    8,118
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cr726 View Post
    Texas has benefited from the federal government with over 300k federal employees and major federal facilities.
    Although Texas does have some good budget tricks too.



    http://www.statesman.com/news/news/p...-clean-/nTxrN/
    Sounds like the Jets cap situation!

  19. #159
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    4,850
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cr726 View Post
    Yup the military officers are the smart guys who sacrifice, f the enlisted. More facts?
    Where did I say F the enlisted? How about a direct answer for a change.
    You asked about well to do and I answered. Do you have a brain enough to form a response. Doubtful.
    You are a typical America hater. But happy to get your handouts.

    It is a FACT that all military officers are college grads. Been a requirement for quite a while. About 35% have advanced degrees. It is a FACT that enlisted ranks have lower education - less than 15% with college degrees.
    The poor tend to not join the military. Fact. Because they are disqualified due to lack of education or criminals records.

    Rich people have volunteered to fight for a long time and died. Again, AND YOU? Your contribution?

  20. #160
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    14,744
    Post Thanks / Like
    You are full of assumptions and arrogance, keep talking at me.

    LOL, I'm a a America hater because I disagree with you? I wasn't rich and I enlisted.

    You wonder why our country has suffered? Look at your entire f'n generation of arrogant old white guys. Your club is falling apart deal with it.


    Quote Originally Posted by palmetto defender View Post
    Where did I say F the enlisted? How about a direct answer for a change.
    You asked about well to do and I answered. Do you have a brain enough to form a response. Doubtful.
    You are a typical America hater. But happy to get your handouts.

    It is a FACT that all military officers are college grads. Been a requirement for quite a while. About 35% have advanced degrees. It is a FACT that enlisted ranks have lower education - less than 15% with college degrees.
    The poor tend to not join the military. Fact. Because they are disqualified due to lack of education or criminals records.

    Rich people have volunteered to fight for a long time and died. Again, AND YOU? Your contribution?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us