Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: The Jets are about 2014 not 2013

Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Rex wanted Sanchez so bad after he was so impressed that so many of his teammates came out to work out with him at Pro Day at USC.

Rex had alot to do with wasting a #5 overall pick on the worst starting QB in the NFL over the last 3 years. Don't kid yourself.

And BTW, everytime Rex gets involved in the offense during a game, the Jets either have a delay of game penalty or 12-men on the field penalty.

The guy is absolutely clueless what an NFL offense is all about.
    Belichick has Brady in his office every week reviewing game film and discussing offensive strategy. Rex has ice cream sundae parties.

Quote Originally Posted by Monsterxman View Post
    Rex doesn't need to improve. He needs a better QB.

6 out the first 7 season's Bill Bellichick coached were losing seasons and just 1 playoff appereance. I bet Cleveland wishes they had him now.

Bill Cower took 14 seasons to win a Superbowl.
    Pittsburgh endured a 3 year stretch where he won: 6, 7 and 9 games and no playoff appearances.

It's easy to say fire Rex... but give me who you are replacing him with?
    If you truly believe your first sentence, then there's absolutely no reason to keep this debate going. He does diddly-poo (admittedly, on several occasions) with his own offense yet he has no reason improve?

OH BOY.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Thats because Rex talks about that Raven defense like he was the reason they were dominant. It is comical how much credit Rex tries to take for that defense.
    Thats bs. He never takes credit for being the DC at that time. WTF, can't come up with something that makes sense so make it u[p?

Quote Originally Posted by Down, Set, Haiku View Post
    If you truly believe your first sentence, then there's absolutely no reason to keep this debate going. He does diddly-poo (admittedly, on several occasions) with his own offense yet he has no reason improve?

OH BOY.
    Rex will never be an offensive guru. If your expectations are a HOF coach like Bill Parcells on both sides of the ball then I can see why you are disappointed.

A good offensive coordinator combined with a good starting QB and Rex's outstanding defensive coaching/play calling (Pettine gone is a plus) and it will be enough to contend.

Never in the history of football has an offense been good with the worst starting QB in the league.

Schottenheimer wasn't the problem, Sparano wasn't the problem, Rex is not the problem.

Mark Sanchez is the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Rex wanted Sanchez so bad after he was so impressed that so many of his teammates came out to work out with him at Pro Day at USC.

Rex had alot to do with wasting a #5 overall pick on the worst starting QB in the NFL over the last 3 years. Don't kid yourself.

And BTW, everytime Rex gets involved in the offense during a game, the Jets either have a delay of game penalty or 12-men on the field penalty.

The guy is absolutely clueless what an NFL offense is all about.
    Rex had nothing to do with drafting Sanchez, MT made the move, and MT extended him with a bad contract, and MT not Rex was fired.

Not sure why you are bad mouthing Rex if he liked Sanchez anyway, I've seen you say in the past early in his career that you thought he would be good. How quickly you forget.

And the bold is lie. Rex doesn't get involved with the offense.

Rex will never be an offensive guru. If your expectations are a HOF coach like Bill Parcells on both sides of the ball then I can see why you are disappointed.

A good offensive coordinator combined with a good starting QB and Rex's outstanding defensive coaching/play calling (Pettine gone is a plus) and it will be enough to contend.

Never in the history of football has an offense been good with the worst starting QB in the league.

Schottenheimer wasn't the problem, Sparano wasn't the problem, Rex is not the problem.

Mark Sanchez is the problem.
    My expectation is a coach who's at the very least competent on both sides of the ball. No one is talking about him becoming Air Coryell, but at least have an idea of how to put together an O and manage it alongside his OC. You know, like a HC is supposed to do.

You better believe that I want Sanchez gone as fast as the next guy, but that doesn't absolve Rex at all. Sanchez is Rex' guy, he stuck with him as he mis-managed the QB situation in embarrassing fashion this past season, and I've already mentioned in an earlier post how Rex, even with apparently putting in all of his efforts on the defensive side of the ball, continues to produce defenses that look like garbage vs. quality opponents but bully crap teams with young or crap QBs.

But why stop at Sanchez? There's a whole lot of blame to go around, and that DC in HC clothing certainly deserves his fair share.

You know what I didn't expect? That 4 years after a so-called purge the Jets would be at the exact same point as they were in the post-86 Walton years: getting worse with a clueless dolt at the helm. We just saw this team's version of 1988, and '89 is coming up in a few months. The only suspense is if he gets replaced with this generation's Coslet.
    Last edited by Down, Set, Haiku; 02-20-2013 at 09:44 PM.

Use this strategy and the Jets will end up being all about 2025. No "mulligan" years in the NFL - this isn't the NBA with the soft cap and guaranteed contracts this is the NFL where you can actually cut crappy players and rebuild in the draft in literally 1 year.

My expectation is a coach who's at the very least competent on both sides of the ball. No one is talking about him becoming Air Coryell, but at least have an idea of how to put together an O and manage it alongside his OC. You know, like a HC is supposed to do.

You better believe that I want Sanchez gone as fast as the next guy, but that doesn't absolve Rex at all. Sanchez is Rex' guy, he stuck with him as he mis-managed the QB situation in embarrassing fashion this past season, and I've already mentioned in an earlier post how Rex, even with apparently putting in all of his efforts on the defensive side of the ball, continues to produce defenses that look like garbage vs. quality opponents but bully crap teams with young or crap QBs.

But why stop at Sanchez? There's a whole lot of blame to go around, and that DC in HC clothing certainly deserves his fair share.

You know what I didn't expect? That 4 years after a so-called purge the Jets would be at the exact same point as they were in the post-86 Walton years: getting worse with a clueless dolt at the helm. We just saw this team's version of 1988, and '89 is coming up in a few months. The only suspense is if he gets replaced with this generation's Coslet.
    I didn't see anyone complaining about Rex in years 1-2 when Sanchez wasn't losing games for the Jets. The Jets are 17-5 when Sanchez doesn't throw a pick.
    Rex deserves a chance to prove himself with a real NFL QB.
    It's as simple as that.

I didn't see anyone complaining about Rex in years 1-2 when Sanchez wasn't losing games for the Jets. The Jets are 17-5 when Sanchez doesn't throw a pick.
    It's as simple as that.
    Cut Tebow and send a mid-round pick to Seattle for Flynn. Flynn will be less of a cap hit ($2.5 mil) then the two scrubs most people on this site are in love with Moore and Alex Smith and he has more upside. Moore and Smith are glorified game managers - just like Sanchez when he actually has NFL WR's to throw to.

It's as simple as that.
    Rex needs an OC who's not Schott... Rex needs an OC who's not Sparano... Rex needs a QB coach who can work with Sanchez... Mike Pettine is holding Rex's D back... Rex needs a GM who's not Tanny... Now it's he needs a real NFL QB. It just goes on and on with you Rex guys. And yeah, most teams do well when their most important player limits his mistakes.

This is one of the few times in my life where a grown @ss man makes his own bed uncomfortably (his fake NFL QB is the same fake NFL QB that he worked out and was convinced was his guy) and yet there are people who want to place the blame on the sheets and pillowcases.

Sometimes it's housekeeper who ruins your stay at the Day's Inn.
    Last edited by Down, Set, Haiku; 02-20-2013 at 10:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    Cut Tebow and send a mid-round pick to Seattle for Flynn. Flynn will be less of a cap hit ($2.5 mil) then the two scrubs most people on this site are in love with Moore and Alex Smith and he has more upside. Moore and Smith are glorified game managers - just like Sanchez when he actually has NFL WR's to throw to.
    In an ideal (Jets) world. Seattle ends up cutting Flynn and the Jets sign him, which I definitely could see happening. We cut bait with Sanchez/Tebow just to get them out of the picture/avoid the ongoing circus.

Then we keep McElroy (who might be a decent WCO fit) and still draft a QB in the middle rounds, maybe Dysert, who just got hurt and could slip a bit.

I'd like to see 2 new faces and 2 old faces gone anyway...

Flynn
    Dysert
    McElroy

Still would allow the Jets to draft a QB in round 1 (Bridgewater) next year if need be too.

Sanchez needs an OC who's not Schott... Sanchez needs an OC who's not Sparano... Sanchez needs a QB coach who can work with Sanchez... Sanchez is holding Rex's D back... Sanchez needs a GM who's not Tanny... Now it's he needs a real NFL QB. It just goes on and on with you Sanchez guys. And yeah, most teams do well when their most important player limits his mistakes.

This is one of the few times in my life where a grown @ss man makes his own bed uncomfortably (his fake NFL QB is the same fake NFL QB that he worked out and was convinced was his guy) and yet there are people who want to place the blame on the sheets and pillowcases.

Sometimes it's housekeeper who ruins your stay at the Day's Inn.
    You choose to blame Rex, I choose to blame the QB...

You choose to blame Rex, I choose to blame the QB...
    And once again:

And as I've stated MULTIPLE times in this thread, both the QB and HC need to be gone. Not one. Not the other. BOTH.
    Last edited by Down, Set, Haiku; 02-20-2013 at 10:51 PM.

And once again:

And as I've stated MULTIPLE times in this thread, both the QB and HC need to be gone. Not one. Not the other. BOTH.
    And you may get your wish just not now.

Deal with it.

And you may get your wish just not now.

Deal with it.
    It's ok and easy to deal with. I'm accepting of the fact that this team is on a downward spiral and won't rebound until your guy is gone. It's fun to bicker about on a board, but as for real life, I got better things to deal with

In an ideal (Jets) world. Seattle ends up cutting Flynn and the Jets sign him, which I definitely could see happening. We cut bait with Sanchez/Tebow just to get them out of the picture/avoid the ongoing circus.

Then we keep McElroy (who might be a decent WCO fit) and still draft a QB in the middle rounds, maybe Dysert, who just got hurt and could slip a bit.

I'd like to see 2 new faces and 2 old faces gone anyway...

Flynn
    Dysert
    McElroy

Still would allow the Jets to draft a QB in round 1 (Bridgewater) next year if need be too.
    I don't think the Jets are eating $8 mil in dead cap money just to spite Sanchez. Makes no sense as terrible as everyone thinks he is he's one season away from 26 tds and 3400 yards passing when he had actual NFL receivers to throw to (Tone, Plax and healthy Keller).

It's ok and easy to deal with. I'm accepting of the fact that this team is on a downward spiral and won't rebound until your guy is gone. It's fun to bicker about on a board, but as for real life, I got better things to deal with
    What a great attitude. did you happen to kick any cats in your real life today?

Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    I don't think the Jets are eating $8 mil in dead cap money just to spite Sanchez. Makes no sense as terrible as everyone thinks he is he's one season away from 26 tds and 3400 yards passing when he had actual NFL receivers to throw to (Tone, Plax and healthy Keller).
    I thought the difference was about $4.3M...
    That is he counts 12.8M if they keep him and 17.1M if they cut him.
    If the 26 Tds, 3400 yards meant anything, there would be trade market for him with other teams willing to pick up part of his salary.

I don't see that happening, he's damaged goods.

Maybe he has to stay on the roster, but he can't play in NY anymore...

What a great attitude. did you happen to kick any cats in your real life today?

Lol... That actually had to be omitted form the itinerary since I was pinched for time arguing with you all day

Anyhow, as much fun as it's been, it's almost sleepy time for ya boy. Thanks for the debate and let's just agree to disagree. Be safe.
    Last edited by Down, Set, Haiku; 02-20-2013 at 11:25 PM.

I say just focus on 2013. Nobody knows what will happen in the future.