Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: The Jets are about 2014 not 2013

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LeonM View Post
    Rex Ryan is done. There is no way that he is going to be able to recapture the magic that he had when he first took over the franchise. Rex is a dead man walking.

The team itself from a talent standpoint is not even geared up to be a contending team any more. The credit card bill came due and it's time for the Jets to deal with their debt and their talent deficit. Rex and the franchise had a lot invested in Mark Sanchez and not only did he not become the franchise qb that the team needed but he's become a major liability.

Every aspect of the team has been in a downward trend from the QB to the coaching staff and the overall talent roster the last few years. In 2013, The Jets are going to be a very young and unproven roster with very few elite talents.

Time to come to reality here. The writing is on the wall with permanent ink.
    I'm not so sure about that. If the Jets can find a rookie RB and some half-way competent QB play from whomever, Rex could win enough games. He is a very good defensive mind.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Anyone who is not at least open to the possibility that the Jets will be competitive in 2013 is a troll. Same thing with Rex. If you not at least open to the possibility that Rex is a winning HC then you are trolling.

I'm not garanteeing anything, but if you garantee that Rex and the Jets fail in 2013 then you are a troll. Please take your act elsewhere.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LIJetsFan View Post
    Anyone who is not at least open to the possibility that the Jets will be competitive in 2013 is a troll. Same thing with Rex. If you not at least open to the possibility that Rex is a winning HC then you are trolling.

I'm not garanteeing anything, but if you garantee that Rex and the Jets fail in 2013 then you are a troll. Please take your act elsewhere.
    In his most recent two years, Rex is 14-18 and hasn't sniffed a playoff spot.

How is that performance considered a "winning" HC?

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdbt-sx5MDc

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Although a good assumption, not every sentence containing the word troll pertains to you.

I think he was talking about Jets fans only.

BB after 4 years 31-33 record, 1-1 playoff record
    Rex Ryan after 4 years - 34-30 record, 4-2 playoff record

Rex after 4 years was clearly a better coach than BB.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LIJetsFan View Post

LOL... So instead of looking at the facts that the Jets are in a state of upheaval, anyone that can see that Rex's D cannot beat quality opponents in the past 2+ seasons, he now has to break in virtually a brand new staff, and have the worse QB in the league, is just a troll. Because you know, blind loyalty when it's unwarranted is the much saner approach than complete objectivity when assessing this mess.

Then again we've seen posts in this thread that Rex doesn't need to change or improve, and that he was DC of the 2000 Ravens.

Blind loyalty, dishonesty, and delusions - ROOT LIKE A JET!!!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Down, Set, Haiku View Post
    LOL... So instead of looking at the facts that the Jets are in a state of upheaval, anyone that can see that Rex's D cannot beat quality opponents in the past 2+ seasons, he now has to break in virtually a brand new staff, and have the worse QB in the league, is just a troll. Because you know, blind loyalty when it's unwarranted is the much saner approach than complete objectivity when assessing this mess.

Then again we've seen posts in this thread that Rex doesn't need to change or improve, and that he was DC of the 2000 Ravens.

Blind loyalty, dishonesty, and delusions - ROOT LIKE A JET!!!
    The Jets were a top 10 defense without their best player, 3 aging-past their prime LBers - Scott, Thomas, Pace, a hurt Pouha (who is their best run stopper) and the worst starting QB in the league and the 30th rated offense that forced them into bad field position much of the time.

It's nice that you speak of facts and then choose to ignore them so you can bash Rex.

The Defense was not great like in years 1-2, but can bounce back. I wish I could say the same thing about the offense, but MT and the contract he gave Sanchez has us handcuffed.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Monsterxman View Post
    The Jets were a top 10 defense without their best player, 3 aging-past their prime LBers - Scott, Thomas, Pace, a hurt Pouha (who is their best run stopper) and the worst starting QB in the league and the 30th rated offense that forced them into bad field position much of the time.

It's nice that you speak of facts and then choose to ignore them so you can bash Rex.

The Defense was not great like in years 1-2, but can bounce back. I wish I could say the same thing about the offense, but MT and the contract he gave Sanchez has us handcuffed.
    Want facts? Here:

Vs. Quality opponents or team with good QBs:
    Steelers - 27-10 (L)
    49ers - 34-0 (L)
    Texans - 23-17 (L)
    Patriots - 29-26 (L) & 49-19 (L)
    Seahawks - 28-7 (L)
    Chargers - 27-17 (L)

Vs. Lesser opponents or team with very young / bad QBs:
    Bills - 48-28 (W) & 28-9 (L)
    Dolphins - 23-20 (W) & 30-9 (L)
    Colts - 35-9 (W)
    Rams - 27 -13 (W)
    Cards - 7-6 (W)
    Jaguars - 17-10 (W)
    Titans - 14-10 (L)

Now let's tally that up: In the first category, he was 0-7 while giving up at least 24 all but once (and I understand there's some scores given up by the O in a few of these).

In the 2nd category, he was 6-3, gave up +24 in 4 of those games, and in his rematches with the Bills and Phins (Phins especially), got adjusted to and smoked. Aside from Tannehill & Luck (who just looked AWFUL that day), the teams he kept under 24 in this category all had QBs who were on par with Sanchez as far as incompetency. Wanna argue Bradford? Fine

He was 1-1 vs. rookie QBs with one of them (Wilson) going 12-19 with 2 TDs and was in complete control all game.

I'll never ever bash someone for no reason. If the numbers outlined above aren't a concern for a HC who spends virtually all of his time on his D yet can't beat a quality team and allows some of the dregs of the league to clip him a few times as well, what's so encouraging going forward? What he did in '09 & '10? Since then he's been adjusted to and has proven he can't counter the counter.

That's the problem with you guys who want to throw rankings out there. Just because you can (sometimes) bully the league's lightweights doesn't mean jack squat when your @ss gets handed to you on a platter by the 8th graders. The only thing that matters is the final score, and when pitted against better quality opponents the Jets were out-classed, out prepared, and outmatched. You know who needs to get the heat for that? THE HC. And I mean any and all HCs who's team has looked like this one has for the last 2 seasons. Not just Rex.

But as usual, your last sentence says it all. Just keep shovelling the manure towards Tanny & Sanchez, when all this time Rex has had a huge part in whipping up those sh!t sandwiches the Jets have been feeding you the last couple years.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Want facts? Here:

Vs. Quality opponents or team with good QBs:
    Steelers - 27-10 (L)
    49ers - 34-0 (L)
    Texans - 23-17 (L)
    Patriots - 29-26 (L) & 49-19 (L)
    Seahawks - 28-7 (L)
    Chargers - 27-17 (L)

Vs. Lesser opponents or team with very young / bad QBs:
    Bills - 48-28 (W) & 28-9 (L)
    Dolphins - 23-20 (W) & 30-9 (L)
    Colts - 35-9 (W)
    Rams - 27 -13 (W)
    Cards - 7-6 (W)
    Jaguars - 17-10 (W)
    Titans - 14-10 (L)

Now let's tally that up: In the first category, he was 0-7 while giving up at least 24 all but once (and I understand there's some scores given up by the O in a few of these).

In the 2nd category, he was 6-3, gave up +24 in 4 of those games, and in his rematches with the Bills and Phins (Phins especially), got adjusted to and smoked. Aside from Tannehill & Luck (who just looked AWFUL that day), the teams he kept under 24 in this category all had QBs who were on par with Sanchez as far as incompetency. Wanna argue Bradford? Fine

He was 1-1 vs. rookie QBs with one of them (Wilson) going 12-19 with 2 TDs and was in complete control all game.

I'll never ever bash someone for no reason. If the numbers outlined above aren't a concern for a HC who spends virtually all of his time on his D yet can't beat a quality team and allows some of the dregs of the league to clip him a few times as well, what's so encouraging going forward? What he did in '09 & '10? Since then he's been adjusted to and has proven he can't counter the counter.

That's the problem with you guys who want to throw rankings out there. Just because you can (sometimes) bully the league's lightweights doesn't mean jack squat when your @ss gets handed to you on a platter by the 8th graders. The only thing that matters is the final score, and when pitted against better quality opponents the Jets were out-classed, out prepared, and outmatched. You know who needs to get the heat for that? THE HC. And I mean any and all HCs who's team has looked like this one has for the last 2 seasons. Not just Rex.

But as usual, your last sentence says it all. Just keep shovelling the manure towards Tanny & Sanchez, when all this time Rex has had a huge part in whipping up those sh!t sandwiches the Jets have been feeding you the last couple years.
    So the Cliff Notes version is that Rex's defense pads their stats versus the bottom-feeding offenses and then gets smoked by any top 15 offense.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Although a good assumption, not every sentence containing the word troll pertains to you.

I think he was talking about Jets fans only.

BB after 4 years 31-33 record, 1-1 playoff record
    Rex Ryan after 4 years - 34-30 record, 4-2 playoff record

Rex after 4 years was clearly a better coach than BB.
    And you could come to that conclusion because the two teams they each coached had exactly the same level of talent and strength of opponents?

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    So the Cliff Notes version is that Rex's defense pads their stats versus the bottom-feeding offenses and then gets smoked by any top 15 offense.

Pretty much. I had zero intention of going the DWC route until I was told I'm just bashing Rex for the sake of bashing Rex lol. The funny thing is I have yet to get an answer to this earlier question from the Rexaholics:

People on the board used to DESTROY Pennington 6 years back as being able to only light it up vs. inferior opponents and then he folds vs. quality teams. Why is that scrutiny not also given to Rex, when it's been the case for several seasons running now?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pretty much. I had zero intention of going the DWC route until I was told I'm just bashing Rex for the sake of bashing Rex lol. The funny thing is I have yet to get an answer to this earlier question from the Rexaholics:

People on the board used to DESTROY Pennington 6 years back as being able to only light it up vs. inferior opponents and then he folds vs. quality teams. Why is that scrutiny not also given to Rex, when it's been the case for several seasons running now?
    Because it's just an ignorant assumption. We should have beaten the Pats last year. We should have beaten the Texans last year. We had no edge rusher, and our best player was hurt all year along with our NT. Sorry to inform you but a piss poor offense does have a big effect of the D, and field position, and how long they're out there. Also our special teams were terrible as well. I don't have to put out the stats to prove Ryan is a superior defense coach, it's a well know fact. Saying that Ryan is not an elite Defensive coach is clearly trolling, and you are clearly trolling.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    I don't have to put out the stats to prove Ryan is a superior defense coach, it's a well know fact. Saying that Ryan is not an elite Defensive coach is clearly trolling, and you are clearly trolling.
    A well know fact based on what?

Down, Set, Haiku provided some very telling statistics, Rex's defense carps the bed against good offensive teams. That's a fact.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

Down, Set, Haiku provided some very telling statistics, Rex's defense carps the bed against good offensive teams. That's a fact.
    Many defenses "carp" the bed (must be a Houston thing) against good offenses.

Jets didn't "carp" the bed (I'm going to look that one up) against the Pats in the playoffs in 2010, did they?

Carp carp carp.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like

that's some grade A trolling right there.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    Many defenses "carp" the bed (must be a Houston thing) against good offenses.

In the 8 regular season games since Rex has been HC of the NYJ's, the Pats have AVERAGED 31 points a game.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Before we bash Rex… Realize he’s had the worst QB in the league.
    Do you know what the Jets record is with Sanchez as QB when he doesn’t the throw an INT over the last 4 years?

17-5

2012 – 3-1 (wins-losses)
    2011 – 3-1 (wins-losses)
    2010 – 6-1 (wins-losses)
    2009 – 5-2 (wins-losses)

Many of those games, Sanchez didn’t even throw a TD.
    In fact in those 17 wins, he threw just 18 tds total.

Also 6 tds came in 2 games… You take away those 2 games and he’s thrown just 11 tds in 15 of those winning games.

Give Rex a decent game manager and this team will be fine. Give him a good QB and look out…
    Too many of the fire Rex contingent just refuse to see this very clear truth. Yes, Rex has flaws ,yet long term, he is a winner.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    In the 8 regular season games since Rex has been HC of the NYJ's, the Pats have AVERAGED 31 points a game.
    Pats have averaged 30.5 points against the Jets, 27 Offensive Points Per game
    Pats have averaged 31.5 points against the NFL, 29.5 Offensive Points per game

I'm not saying that's amazing. But 31 points a game w/o context is misleading.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Batmans A Scientist View Post
    Pats have averaged 30.5 points against the Jets, 27 Offensive Points Per game
    Pats have averaged 31.5 points against the NFL, 29.5 Offensive Points per game

I'm not saying that's amazing. But 31 points a game w/o context is misleading.
    Did you go back and factor out every defensive and special teams score over the last 4 years?

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Did you go back and factor out every defensive and special teams score over the last 4 years?
    Well if you take out the 42 points that the Jets special teams and offense allowed the Patriots to score last year on Tgiving, the defense only gave up 7 points