Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Jets are about 2014 not 2013

Before we bash Rex… Realize he’s had the worst QB in the league.
    Do you know what the Jets record is with Sanchez as QB when he doesn’t the throw an INT over the last 4 years?

17-5

2012 – 3-1 (wins-losses)
    2011 – 3-1 (wins-losses)
    2010 – 6-1 (wins-losses)
    2009 – 5-2 (wins-losses)

Many of those games, Sanchez didn’t even throw a TD.
    In fact in those 17 wins, he threw just 18 tds total.

Also 6 tds came in 2 games… You take away those 2 games and he’s thrown just 11 tds in 15 of those winning games.

Give Rex a decent game manager and this team will be fine. Give him a good QB and look out…

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Monsterxman View Post
    Do you know what the Jets record is with Sanchez as QB when he doesn’t the throw an INT over the last 4 years?

17-5

2012 – 3-1 (wins-losses)
    2011 – 3-1 (wins-losses)
    2010 – 6-1 (wins-losses)
    2009 – 5-2 (wins-losses)

Also 6 tds came in 2 games… You take away those 2 games and he’s thrown just 11 tds in 15 of those winning games.

Give Rex a decent game manager and this team will be fine. Give him a good QB and look out…
    Exactly

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by LeonM View Post
    What is that supposed to mean exactly?
    I think he is referring to the year the Jets were not competitive.

The Indianapolis Colts had the highest amount of deap cap money ever this past season and made the playoffs. Yes, they had Luck but he wasn't all world, he was above average. But with a good draft, and new energy because of Luck they made the playoffs.

There is no reason the Jets cannot have an offseason that produces a playoff capable team. Not one.

Hall Of Fame

17-5

2012 – 3-1 (wins-losses)
    2011 – 3-1 (wins-losses)
    2010 – 6-1 (wins-losses)
    2009 – 5-2 (wins-losses)

Great point but it cannot be ignored that Rex basically cherry-picked Sanchez and has played a significant role in his regression.

I have a hard time defending Sanchez b.c I think he is a wilting flower and I want him gone but Rex hasn't helped him much. Which is why I wanted all three to go. IMO they were all joined at the hip.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnysd View Post
    The Indianapolis Colts had the highest amount of deap cap money ever this past season and made the playoffs. Yes, they had Luck but he wasn't all world, he was above average. But with a good draft, and new energy because of Luck they made the playoffs.

There is no reason the Jets cannot have an offseason that produces a playoff capable team. Not one.
    Your'e right. There should be no excuse but I will give you a reason. That reason is the QB position. The difference between worst in the league (NYJ) and average (Colts, as you put it) is huge.

We need better QB play and I am not going to assume we are going to get it with the players currently on our roster. I don't care who is coaching them. Coaching alone is not going to take us from league-worst to average.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by skipper View Post
    Completely agree. Rex would have to lose the team and come it at 4/12 or less to get canned, otherwise he is the coach in 14. And I agree with that.
    What happens if the Jets first 6 games on the schedule looks like this:

New England
    @ Baltimore
    @ Atlanta
    Pittsburgh
    @ Miami
    New Orleans

At 1-5 at best, Wrecks would be canned before Halloween.

Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post

New England
    @ Baltimore
    @ Atlanta
    Pittsburgh
    @ Miami
    New Orleans

Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post

New England
    @ Baltimore
    @ Atlanta
    Pittsburgh
    @ Miami
    New Orleans

It will likely means New England’s schedule looks like this??

Jets
    @ Chiefs
    Jaguars
    @Cardinals
    Buffalo
    Lions

6-0

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Your'e right. There should be no excuse but I will give you a reason. That reason is the QB position. The difference between worst in the league (NYJ) and average (Colts, as you put it) is huge.

We need better QB play and I am not going to assume we are going to get it with the players currently on our roster. I don't care who is coaching them. Coaching alone is not going to take us from league-worst to average.
    You don't think getting a new STARTING QB is Idzik's top priority?

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

11-5
    8-8
    6-10

And people think that Rex should get another season if we go 2-14, 4-12? He doesn't even attempt to learn anything about coaching offense, and he admits it, that's inexcusable. He should be on hot seat this season, no excuses.

17-5

2012 – 3-1 (wins-losses)
    2011 – 3-1 (wins-losses)
    2010 – 6-1 (wins-losses)
    2009 – 5-2 (wins-losses)

That's the same record as the Giants over that time period, tied for 9th in the NFL. They are tied for 23rd (with the Giants, obviously) for 0 INT games by a QB in that time period.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    11-5
    8-8
    6-10

And people think that Rex should get another season if we go 2-14, 4-12? He doesn't even attempt to learn anything about coaching offense, and he admits it, that's inexcusable. He should be on hot seat this season, no excuses.
    THIS. The amount of mediocrity accepted, leeway and excuses given to a guy just because he's a good DC and projects the image of a loudmouth moron you'd want to hit the strip club with is astonishing. Too bad what the Jets need is a GOOD HC, not some carnival barker who's only interested in one side of the football team.

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Great point but it cannot be ignored that Rex basically cherry-picked Sanchez and has played a significant role in his regression.

I have a hard time defending Sanchez b.c I think he is a wilting flower and I want him gone but Rex hasn't helped him much. Which is why I wanted all three to go. IMO they were all joined at the hip.
    Regression implies that Sanchez played at a higher level at some point.
    I don't see that. I'd argue that instead of regressing, he just hasn't progressed.

You have a hard time defending Sanchez, but you're still sort of doing it by putting some of the blame on Rex.

I'd like to give Rex a chance with another QB. Is that so wrong?
    Afterall, we gave Sanchez a chance with another OC...

IMO Rex has shown more than Mark Sanchez ever has... bringing us a solid defense for most (you can argue all) of the time he's been here. Show me another coach who's had success with a QB as bad as Sanchez and I'd agree Rex is the problem.

Regression implies that Sanchez played at a higher level at some point.
    I don't see that. I'd argue that instead of regressing, he just hasn't progressed.

You have a hard time defending Sanchez, but you're still sort of doing it by putting some of the blame on Rex.

I'd like to give Rex a chance with another QB. Is that so wrong?
    Afterall, we gave Sanchez a chance with another OC...

IMO Rex has shown more than Mark Sanchez ever has... bringing us a solid defense for most (you can argue all) of the time he's been here. Show me another coach who's had success with a QB as bad as Sanchez and I'd agree Rex is the problem.
    Lovie Smith got to a SB with Grossman and Billick won one with Dilfer. I think blame can be attributed to both Mark & Rex and I just hope the same bus takes them outta town together.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Down, Set, Haiku View Post
    Lovie Smith got to a SB with Grossman and Billick won one with Dilfer. I think blame can be attributed to both Mark & Rex and I just hope the same bus takes them outta town together.
    Which means they're all good coaches. Point?

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    11-5
    8-8
    6-10

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Down, Set, Haiku View Post

After Chicago’s 2006 Superbowl appearance which they lost, Lovie Smith led them to a 23-23 record in his next 3 years including 2 losing 7-9 seasons.
    They gave him 6 more seasons after the Superbowl to try to get there again.
    In 9 years with Lovie, the Bears played a total of 6 playoff games – and own 3-3 record.

Personally, I don't think Lovie should have even been fired. He's a good coach. Still, Rex is better -

In 4 seasons, Rex got us to two AFC championship games...
    + 6 playoff games and owns 4-2 playoff record.

That’s a great point about Dilfer….
    Only the team he won with did it by playing incredible defense.
    And who was their defensive coordinator??? Rex

Banned

That’s a great point about Dilfer….
    Only the team he won with did it by playing incredible defense.
    And who was their defensive coordinator??? Rex
    Wrong.

Marvin Lewis was the Ravens DC in 2000.

Rex was only the DLine coach.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    Which means they're all good coaches. Point?
    My point is he asked to name situations similar to Rex' as far as QBs and who did more. So I just answered that. That's the point.