Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A possible Revis trade I'd like

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    The trade that works the best is: Revis to Tampa Bay for their 1st (13th) overall this year, their 3rd (73) overall this year and a conditional 1st, 2 nd, or 3rd next year based on performance and playing time.

Then we can draft:
    1a.#9 Ezekiel Anzah or Mingo
    1b. #13 Chance Womack-G Alabama
    2. Larry warford -G Kentucky
    3a. Stefan Taylor-RB Stanford
    3b. Khaseem Green-OLB Rutgers

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    I think the 2nd is the best you can ask for and no way you get it this year. Remember Revis will not even be able to work out at the time this trade is made.
    I understand the logic behind why you think he will only fetch a second (eg, injured, ability to resign, team cap room etc) but I think there will likely be two to three teams who are willing to ignore common sense and offer a little more than that. A low end first rounder or two seconds perhaps. I do agree that the compensation is likely to come more in next year's draft rather than this year's.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jersey joe View Post
    The trade that works the best is: Revis to Tampa Bay for their 1st (13th) overall this year, their 3rd (73) overall this year and a conditional 1st, 2 nd, or 3rd next year based on performance and playing time.

Then we can draft:
    I can't see the Bucs handing over that many picks, not even close.
    However in truth, I don't know - it will be very interesting to see how this plays out.

It was so much fun being a fan and having those four first rounders in the 2000 draft.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    IMO Richard Sherman is the 2nd best corner in the league and is 24 years old and will make 550,000 this year and next. Even if he was the 5th best corner how in a million years could this make sense. He is younger Than Revis , is their 2nd most popular player on the team and in 3 years when Revis is 31 will most likely be better than Revis. Throw in the fact that Seatle only has 12 mill of cap room this year (after rookies) and will need to spend that and more to lock him up.

What about Cinci, they have the cap room and hall is in his last year similar to Revis, but will be cheaper to keep long term and still leave the jets with one of the best CB duos in the league so that rex's D scheme won't be affected.
    He might be the coming of the Anti-Mevis.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    If Seattle truly wanted Revis they'd move Browner to safety. Perhaps the deal could be Kam Chancellor or Earl Thomas and Matt Flynn for Revis, but it sure wouldn't be Sherman. Maybe it's Browner? Maybe?

Either way I can't see this happening. If Revis is dealt it will likely be to San Francisco, Atlanta, Carolina, Philadelphia or Washington, aka, an NFC team. I know Seattle is, too, but why would they mortgage their future on Revis when they have to pay Sherman after 2013 and they already have one of the best, if not the best, all around secondaries in the league?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Then we can draft:
    People don't think Warmack will make it to 9, let alone 13. Not to mention the unlikelihood of getting 3 picks for Revis.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by movethechains View Post
    He might be the coming of the Anti-Mevis.
    When it comes to contract time for Sherman you can bet he will be out for every penny he can get.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    People don't think Warmack will make it to 9, let alone 13. Not to mention the unlikelihood of getting 3 picks for Revis.
    I'm starting to think someone will trade up in the top 5 to get him, he's one of the few players worthy of a top 5 pick.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    Warmack won't make it past Cleveland at six.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    When it comes to contract time for Sherman you can bet he will be out for every penny he can get.
    My point precisely.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

Then we can draft:
    I've asked this before and have yet see an answer from anyone.

Does anyone know if Schiano changed Tampas D from the zone coverage that they have run since Dungy? Because if he hasn't, Revis will be a useless, overpaid zone CB.

Just a question because everyone throws Tampa as an option because they have cap room.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    What about a trade with the Redskins? They were ranked 30th in pass defense last year and play a 3-4 scheme. Revis for Kirk Cousins and a 4th rounder possibly?

I have a feeling Dan Snyder wouldn't mind having the best CB in the league.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BleedGnW View Post
    What about a trade with the Redskins? They were ranked 30th in pass defense last year and play a 3-4 scheme. Revis for Kirk Cousins and a 4th rounder possibly?

I have a feeling Dan Snyder wouldn't mind having the best CB in the league.
    So we are gonna trade revis for a second year backup and a 4th round pick.

Is that market value?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Stopped reading at "Revis Trade."

Dump.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Revis is coming off an ACL tear. There is a chance he might have no years left, especially is he re-injures it. I think he will be fine but there are question marks. It is a tricky situation.

Personally, I want picks for Revis. I would prefer 2014 picks so we can use them to move up for a QB if need be.
    most picks are busts, especially Jets picks. we need to pay Revis.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge
    Post Thanks / Like
    If you are going to give up your greatest strength you better be getting something to help with your greatest weakness.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy® View Post
    most picks are busts, especially Jets picks. we need to pay Revis.
    Finally someone who understands! Some of you fans think picks are buried treasure that automatically lead to sure fire starters in this league. You draft players and pray they turn out to be half the player Revis is, why trade home grown HOF talent? Because he wants money? If you were better at your job than anyone in the world wouldn't you want more money? Revis isn't the problem, Revis is part of the solution. The fat trimming has already started with the pace, Scott, smith and smith cuts. Sign Revis long term so these know-it-all fans can find something else to complain and whine about.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Why would Seattle trade a top young corner making little money for an older top corner coming off injury that will command major money. No way Seattle makes this trade. Jets would make it in a heartbeat. Tampa seems like the best destination for Revis. They are way under the cap and they need corner help. Revis will be a Buccaneer when all is said and done.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeJam Football View Post
    No way Seattle makes this trade.
    yes.

Jets would make it in a heartbeat.
    yes.

Tampa seems like the best destination for Revis. They are way under the cap and they need corner help. Revis will be a Buccaneer when all is said and done.
    no.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    So we are gonna trade revis for a second year backup and a 4th round pick.

Is that market value?
    Forget market value which your aren't going to get for a high priced CB. (QB yes, CB No) Which is Better getting that package or watching him leave in 2014 and possible getting nothing.(jets with money will sign a big FA thus you might cancel out revis contract he signed with another team)

The clincher now Starting For the 2014 Miami Dolphins at Cb D Revis. Now what option you rather have.