Thread: Good Yahoo Article: SoCal QB's SUCK

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Good Yahoo Article: SoCal QB's SUCK

Beyond just the school.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--so...060900663.html

Look at the list. The only decent QB on there is Randall Cunningham. Every other guy was an utter failure.

I bet if you extrapolate this further, you'll quickly find that Elway and Luck may be the only two decent NFL QB's to ever play in the PAC-12.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    carson palmer was good before he got injured.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    carson palmer was good before he got injured.
    Palmer was good for two years 2005 and 2006.

That is a fluke. Especially considering the '06 season directly followed his knee injury in the 2005 playoffs.

Carson Palmer simply was another overrated USC QB who had two better-than-average years.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I read this... it's one of the reasons I'd stay away from Barkley.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Monsterxman View Post
    I read this... it's one of the reasons I'd stay away from Barkley.
    I'm pretty sure they'd sacrifice ticket sales substantially if they drafted another USC QB and tried to make him work in NYC.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PMarsico9 View Post
    Beyond just the school.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--so...060900663.html

Look at the list. The only decent QB on there is Randall Cunningham. Every other guy was an utter failure.

I bet if you extrapolate this further, you'll quickly find that Elway and Luck may be the only two decent NFL QB's to ever play in the PAC-12.
    You may want to re-word your statement. Elway and Luck "the only two decent NFL QB's to ever play in the PAC-12." Hmmmm. Really?

Warren Moon wasn't "decent"? Yeah, Troy Aikman barely made the Cowboys roster. Jim Plunkett was awful. Aaron Rodgers only looks good cuz' of the system he plays in. Drew Bledsoe was in and out of the league in no time. Hell, Jake Plummer only won a couple games in his career. Hell, I could list another 20 guys who were just a little better than "decent".

C'mon, man ... think a little bit.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FreemanMC View Post
    You may want to re-word your statement. Elway and Luck "the only two decent NFL QB's to ever play in the PAC-12." Hmmmm. Really?

Warren Moon wasn't "decent"? Yeah, Troy Aikman barely made the Cowboys roster. Jim Plunkett was awful. Aaron Rodgers only looks good cuz' of the system he plays in. Drew Bledsoe was in and out of the league in no time. Hell, Jake Plummer only won a couple games in his career. Hell, I could list another 20 guys who were just a little better than "decent".

C'mon, man ... think a little bit.
    Im sure he meant to say SoCal QBs. You are absolutely right BUT SC QB's have sucked in general. Colin Cowherd said this over a year ago. Mental weakness. Leinhert stayed in college to take a dancing class?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Usc qbs don't inherently suck they are inherently overrated. How many great qbs have come from Alabama or Penn state or Florida or Florida state etc...

Usc qbs tend to have the benefit of having great wrs playing against awful Pac 10 defenses.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    Im sure he meant to say SoCal QBs. You are absolutely right BUT SC QB's have sucked in general. Colin Cowherd said this over a year ago. Mental weakness. Leinhert stayed in college to take a dancing class?
    I guess we'd have to define "sucked". Lol. The only USC quarterback that I think has really underperformed or failed to meet expectations was/is Matt Leinart. (Although Sanchez looks to be headed there, I hold out some faint hope.) What other USC QB was supposed to be great, but sucked, instead?? Carson Palmer? I think Palmer has had a very nice career, and it would've been better had he not been injured.
    The way some people talk it's as if USC has had numerous QBs taken in the 1st round only to see them quickly flame out. Like I said, other than Leinart and perhaps Sanchez, I can't think of many others. I can't think of ANY others.
    Can't we say the same about Michigan QBs? Other than Brady, you've got a list that includes Harbaugh, Henne, Collins, Griese ... I don't know if these guys "sucked", but you won't find 'em on any HOF ballots. How 'bout Ohio St. QB's? Or even Miami? Kelly and Kosar, I guess, were the best. Testaverde, maybe. The others? Not so great. My point is, what I think this comes from is a lot of USC haters, not actual fact.
    Pat Haden had a decent career, Rodney Peete got a lot out of marginal talent, Vince Evans played a long time ... again, HOF'ers by no means, but they didn't suck, either.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mark Sanchez is good.

The Jets ruined him.

SAR I

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Its bad when you can arguably say that Mark Sanchez has had the second best career in the NFL for USC quarterbacks.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Mark Sanchez is good.

The Jets ruined him.

SAR I
    Mark Sanchez was never good

The league is seemingly littered with rookie and 2nd year QB's who are head and shoulders above him.

It's pretty damn sad when you still have to hold your "franchise" QB by the hand half a decade into his professional career.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    Its bad when you can arguably say that Mark Sanchez has had the second best career in the NFL for USC quarterbacks.
    It would be "bad" if you could say that with any legitimacy at all. You can't. "Arguably"? No.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FreemanMC View Post
    I guess we'd have to define "sucked". Lol. The only USC quarterback that I think has really underperformed or failed to meet expectations was/is Matt Leinart. (Although Sanchez looks to be headed there, I hold out some faint hope.) What other USC QB was supposed to be great, but sucked, instead?? Carson Palmer? I think Palmer has had a very nice career, and it would've been better had he not been injured.
    The way some people talk it's as if USC has had numerous QBs taken in the 1st round only to see them quickly flame out. Like I said, other than Leinart and perhaps Sanchez, I can't think of many others. I can't think of ANY others.
    Can't we say the same about Michigan QBs? Other than Brady, you've got a list that includes Harbaugh, Henne, Collins, Griese ... I don't know if these guys "sucked", but you won't find 'em on any HOF ballots. How 'bout Ohio St. QB's? Or even Miami? Kelly and Kosar, I guess, were the best. Testaverde, maybe. The others? Not so great. My point is, what I think this comes from is a lot of USC haters, not actual fact.
    Pat Haden had a decent career, Rodney Peete got a lot out of marginal talent, Vince Evans played a long time ... again, HOF'ers by no means, but they didn't suck, either.
    fair point....Cowherd defined SoCal as to not be USC, but QBs from southern Cal area. marinovich comes to memory.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    No love for Todd Marinovich and Matty Cassel?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    No love for Todd Marinovich and Matty Cassel?
    Nope, but there is plenty for Warren Moon

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Randall Cunningham played college ball at UNLV. Not even in the PAC-10.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DonMaynard View Post
    Randall Cunningham played college ball at UNLV. Not even in the PAC-10.
    But, he is from Santa Barbara, which is located in southern California.