Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Seahawk's Sherman trash talks Revis

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Even if we make Revis the highest paid defensive player in history, you can bet your ass he and his agents will come running back to the bargaining table a year or two from now when Houston makes Watt the richest defender in history.
    this is one of the major problems in signing revis. histroy has proved what he is

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    I think it's an act to gain some kind of acceptance to the SOJF fan contingent on the board.

Your complaining is exaggerated, and comes across as over the top for somebody in their early 20's.

We all want a Superbowl, there isn't a fan here that doesn't, but your over-dramatization and ripping of the team is often baseless, this thread exposes that.
    +1. He is trying to prove to Lord SAR that he is a worthy SOJF....

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    I think it's an act to gain some kind of acceptance to the SOJF fan contingent on the board.

Your complaining is exaggerated, and comes across as over the top for somebody in their early 20's.

We all want a Superbowl, there isn't a fan here that doesn't, but your over-dramatization and ripping of the team is often baseless, this thread exposes that.
    I find it hilarious how you criticize every single poster who take an honest and objective viewpoint regarding the Jets.

You act like the Jets are some sort of perennial NFL powerhouse year after year.

Guess what? Your team is coming off a 6-10 season, has the worst starting QB in the NFL, one of the weakest 53-man rosters in the league and a clueless clown for a HC.

I can't wait for your 2013 prediction where the Jets go 12-4 and win the AFCE, just like you "guaranteed" last year.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by RevisCroWilson View Post
    This clown has been going around for weeks now talking about how he is the best cb in the nfl and calling revis out whenever he can.......I love how they left that out in the interview....I believe it was during Superbowl week when he was going around interviewing people and asking who was better sherman or revis...most people he interviewed didn't even know it was him.
    yes, that was the joke.

Quote Originally Posted by ComfortablyNumb View Post
    Interesting to look at the numbers. Remarkably close stats. The one number that PFF didn't compare was that in 2014, Revis will likely be making $15+ million while Sherman will earn $645,000.
    Last edited by GuidoYaztremski; 02-21-2013 at 09:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MykePM View Post
    Everybody thought Devin McCourty was the next big CB after his rookie year, and he ended up failing so badly there that they moved him to Safety. Let's see if Sherman can keep it up for a few more years before he starts shooting his mouth off about being the best in the game.
    Sherman was great his rookie year and got better this year, and while patriot fans are disappointed the McCourty's career did not take off at no time did Patriot fans think that he was a all pro. Sherman is at a different level..

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    Sherman was great his rookie year and got better this year, and while patriot fans are disappointed the McCourty's career did not take off at no time did Patriot fans think that he was a all pro. Sherman is at a different level..
    Well, the sensible ones didn't think McC was an All-Pro. I can remember a few posts along the lines "Our rookie McCourty is clearly better than Revis because he has more INTs". We'll dub this the Sherman theory from now on.

Quote Originally Posted by mrcoops View Post
    Well, the sensible ones didn't think McC was an All-Pro. I can remember a few posts along the lines "Our rookie McCourty is clearly better than Revis because he has more INTs". We'll dub this the Sherman theory from now on.

Please, find this and not one from Tex either. I remember a lot of patriot fans thinking that he will become the 2nd best corner in the AFC east..

Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    I find it hilarious how you criticize every single poster who take an honest and objective viewpoint regarding the Jets.

You act like the Jets are some sort of perennial NFL powerhouse year after year.

Guess what? Your team is coming off a 6-10 season, has the worst starting QB in the NFL, one of the weakest 53-man rosters in the league and a clueless clown for a HC.

I can't wait for your 2013 prediction where the Jets go 12-4 and win the AFCE, just like you "guaranteed" last year.

Every single poster?

You mean how you criticize and troll every single poster that dares to post something positive about his team on a Jets message board only to see you come running to throw cold water on it?

What is the purpose of this post, attacking me?

Oh right, another troll post, regurgitating your same tired bull****.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by RevisCroWilson View Post
    DING DING DING...we have a winner.
    Quote Originally Posted by tfine350z View Post
    +1. He is trying to prove to Lord SAR that he is a worthy SOJF....
    For future reference:

http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/pr...?do=editavatar

Banned
    Please, find this and not one from Tex either.
    What's that suppose to mean?

I was very critical of McCourty in his rookie year. All those INT's were a result of the Pats playing zone coverage 85% of the time.

When the Pats went more man coverage, McCourty struggled because he does not have the skills to play man coverage.

Best move BB made was moving him to safety.

I was very critical of McCourty in his rookie year. All those INT's were a result of the Pats playing zone coverage 85% of the time.

When the Pats went more man coverage, McCourty struggled because he does not have the skills to play man coverage.

It's easy to not be as critical when your team is consistently 12-4 to 14-2 every year.

It's easy to be critical of the NY Jets.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    It's easy to not be as critical when your team is consistently 12-4 to 14-2 every year.

It's easy to be critical of the NY Jets.
    That's what I tell people who don't like when we discuss what is wrong with the team. The topics/discussion are dictated by the team's performance. Just so happens we have had back-to-back poor seasons in which our once promising HC/QB combo have shown tons of warts. It sucks.

If we were 14-2 or 12-4 this place would be a circle jerk and I would be part of it.

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    That's what I tell people who don't like when we discuss what is wrong with the team. The topics/discussion are dictated by the team's performance. Just so happens we have had back-to-back poor seasons in which our once promising HC/QB combo have shown tons of warts. It sucks.

If we were 14-2 or 12-4 this place would be a circle jerk and I would be part of it.
    Jets aren't very good. Even the smallest blemish is made out to be a major thing.

The Pats have many holes as well, but it's easy to overlook them when you're one game from the Superbowl every year.

To be honest, put Manning on the Jets and they make the playoffs. Take Brady off of the Pats, and they're out. JMO. Both teams would have glaring holes, but those holes would be overlooked because of the strong QB play.

Our crappy QB play does the exact opposite. Takes us right out of playoff talk.

Just your tendency to exaggerate both sides of the rivallry

Banned
    Just your tendency to exaggerate both sides of the rivallry
    I'm more critical of the Pats than alot of Jet fans.

All League
    I'm more critical of the Pats than alot of Jet fans.
    You should really voice your opinion more on a pats fourm. Spread your knowledge.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

I remember seeing many posts on patsfans.com saying that McCourty was better than Revis. These Sherman comparisons are the same thing, ignorance, people that don't know football.

Revis should've just posted this end of discussion

http://youtu.be/iTpEQmTo8Mc

Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    Interesting to look at the numbers. Remarkably close stats. The one number that PFF didn't compare was that in 2014, Revis will likely be making $15+ million while Sherman will earn $645,000.
    Revis covers the #1 receiver almost every play. Sherman does not.. he only lines up on one side of the field. Also if you want to simply compare their "best season" Revis blows him away as 2009 was the best season a corner has ever had. Sherman is great and probably leads the second tier of corners, but he is no Revis and he won't be until he does it consistently for years. Obviously his salary is less since he's on his rookie deal!?!?