Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Seahawk's Sherman trash talks Revis

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Tackleem View Post
    interesting postscript to all of this: Richard Sherman was taken in the 5th round, 154th overall by the Seahawks. Who was taken with the 153rd pick?

Jeremy Kerley.
    SOJ

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    SOJ

You aren't old enough to complain the way you do, especially the SOJ rant.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post

And how old are you? You can't seem to nail down that number. Somewhere between 7 and 50 I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    And how old are you? You can't seem to nail down that number. Somewhere between 7 and 50 I believe.
    Old enough to be a SOJF, if I chose to be one

But I don't, I despise the brand

All League
    I love it when Tx trolls and quickly gets owned, it's happened at least 50,000 times on this board.
    Yea, he really is pretty bad. I almost feel bad for the guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    That's great

No one is disputing the fact that Revis is a great player.

But those of us in the sane crowd simply consider it batsh*t crazy to give a CB a contract on par with franchise, Superbowl winning QB's like Tom Brady and Peyton Manning who account for 35-40 TD's a season.
    Nobody is looking to give Revis the insane payday he and his agent and most of JI posters think he's due for. Nobody is trading multiple 1st round picks + $70 million guaranteed for a CB coming off a torn ACL.

Jets are going to end up settling for a 1st and a mid-round pick and Revis is going to end up settling for a nice contract but not he won't be the highest paid defensive player in history.

Hall Of Fame

I think you make too many assumptions about me. I have been fortunate to have been a fan during our most successful era. I admit that. But success is relative. I don't care about how bad other team's fans have it or how bad we were before my time. I have never seen a SB and that is all that matters. Just one and they will forever get the benefit of the doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    Sherman's pretty good, he might be on Cromartie's level. He's not in the same galaxy as Revis.
    Sherman is definitely the better trash talker though, he trolled the crap out of Revis.

Sherman kept it quick-witted, while Revis comes back with over-rationalization and sounds like he's trying too hard. He shouldn't have sweated this guy... took him serious, gave him validation. LOL

When have you ever seen Revis act like this? That clown Sherman has him on tilt.

First time in his career that he has some real adversity and he is showing cracks. Revis was UNFLAPPABLE in years past. Barely heard a peep out of him. Now he is bruising like a peach. I think Revis is doubting himself. He has clearly become insecure.

Hopefully Idzik can move him quickly before he hurts his stock even more with these dumbass Twitter battles. Guy wants elite QB $$$. You think Brady, Brees, Manning, or Rodgers would ever Twitter battle?
    Ugh, go listen to the Mike Francesa interview from last year where Revis hung up on him.

This is how Revis is. He's prickly. I know you think you're doing some sort of clever psychoanalysis, but you're just looking like a fool. As usual.

Everybody thought Devin McCourty was the next big CB after his rookie year, and he ended up failing so badly there that they moved him to Safety. Let's see if Sherman can keep it up for a few more years before he starts shooting his mouth off about being the best in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by detectivekimble View Post
    Ugh, go listen to the Mike Francesa interview from last year where Revis hung up on him.

This is how Revis is. He's prickly. I know you think you're doing some sort of clever psychoanalysis, but you're just looking like a fool. As usual.
    LOL

I think you make too many assumptions about me. I have been fortunate to have been a fan during our most successful era. I admit that. But success is relative. I don't care about how bad other team's fans have it or how bad we were before my time. I have never seen a SB and that is all that matters. Just one and they will forever get the benefit of the doubt.
    I think it's an act to gain some kind of acceptance to the SOJF fan contingent on the board.

Your complaining is exaggerated, and comes across as over the top for somebody in their early 20's.

We all want a Superbowl, there isn't a fan here that doesn't, but your over-dramatization and ripping of the team is often baseless, this thread exposes that.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Everything is taken into consideration when a team has to make an investment in a player like this. On and off field.

Bottom line is this is just another log on the fire. I wanted to trade him prior to 2012. Everything that has happened since has just made it easier for me to feel tha

Two holdouts with a threat of a third. Wanting big $$$ from a team with tons of holes. ACL injury. Basically bashing the owner and GM in an NFLN interview. Now he is sensitive all of a sudden.
    So which is it, you're spinning away. You're back to the tweet being an issue. After you said it wasn't. And soften it with its a part of the mix. Not if you are a GM. Only a lame ass fan would think a good natured tweet makes a bit of difference when its time to sign a player. Because its as dumb a reason as it gets. So stop already. We get it. He's one of the best jets players ever, instantly becoming someone that you have an issue with. What's more shocking than that

Here's a short phone interview with Sherman on NFL32 discussing the twitter war.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rf0Yz...ature=youtu.be

Seems that Revis is the one who set it off today.

All Pro
    Sherman attempting to use stats to "prove" he is better than Revis is just laughable.

More interceptions? Jeez....that's the level of insight you expect from some of our Madden-obsessed posters, not from a professional NFL CB.

Hard to rack up ints when QBs are terrified to throw in your zipcode. Clearly, QBs aren't quite so terrified of Sherman just yet.

Call me after 5 years of shutting elite WRs out of the game, otherwise shut up.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    So which is it, you're spinning away. You're back to the tweet being an issue. After you said it wasn't. And soften it with its a part of the mix. Not if you are a GM. Only a lame ass fan would think a good natured tweet makes a bit of difference when its time to sign a player. Because its as dumb a reason as it gets. So stop already. We get it. He's one of the best jets players ever, instantly becoming someone that you have an issue with. What's more shocking than that
    No.

Twitter is an issue. Just not as big as the others I listed. This thread is about his Twitter war which is why I discussed it here. And if you don't think players on Twitter has become a nuisance for these teams then you are the dumb one.

And I don't care how great he is. I root for the jersey. I don't worship players.

Banned
    I think it's an act to gain some kind of acceptance to the SOJF fan contingent on the board.

Your complaining is exaggerated, and comes across as over the top for somebody in their early 20's.

We all want a Superbowl, there isn't a fan here that doesn't, but your over-dramatization and ripping of the team is often baseless, this thread exposes that.
    DING DING DING...we have a winner.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    Here's a short phone interview with Sherman on NFL32 discussing the twitter war.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rf0Yz...ature=youtu.be

Seems that Revis is the one who set it off today.
    This clown has been going around for weeks now talking about how he is the best cb in the nfl and calling revis out whenever he can.......I love how they left that out in the interview....I believe it was during Superbowl week when he was going around interviewing people and asking who was better sherman or revis...most people he interviewed didn't even know it was him.

Ok, first of all this is not 2007-2008 anymore. When we drafted Revis it was a response to the Patriots because they had just finished trading for Randy Moss. Our division does not feature as many top notch wide receivers that need to be shutdown in order to win. We didn't go 6-10 last year because we were missing Revis even though Kyle Wilson sucked. We would have had the same record anyway because there are problems with the rest of the team that need to be addressed.

The NFL has moved to more of a spread passing attack utilizing 4-5 WR passing offenses (Packers, Saints, Patriots, etc.) and offenses don't feature as many superstar wide receivers that need to be shutdown as much (with Calvin Johnson and AJ Green being exceptions). A shutdown corner is overkill in an area we don't need that much. Our division won't be won by keeping Revis is my point. We need to fix other areas of the team before even having a shot at winning a division and going beyond that.