Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Seahawk's Sherman trash talks Revis

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    I remember seeing many posts on patsfans.com saying that McCourty was better than Revis. These Sherman comparisons are the same thing, ignorance, people that don't know football.
    Well let's think about this a moment.

Until Revis' contract fate gets decided, I say Sherman IS better than Revis. In fact, I'd put Revis at about fifth best CB in the league. If he resigns a long-term deal with the Jets, I reserve the right to change my tune back to Revis is the GOAT

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    Jets aren't very good. Even the smallest blemish is made out to be a major thing.

The Pats have many holes as well, but it's easy to overlook them when you're one game from the Superbowl every year.

To be honest, put Manning on the Jets and they make the playoffs. Take Brady off of the Pats, and they're out. JMO. Both teams would have glaring holes, but those holes would be overlooked because of the strong QB play.

Our crappy QB play does the exact opposite. Takes us right out of playoff talk.
    I agree.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    Interesting to look at the numbers. Remarkably close stats. The one number that PFF didn't compare was that in 2014, Revis will likely be making $15+ million while Sherman will earn $645,000.
    Another big difference is Revis' numbers are based on a 3-year average.

Sherman has made a name for himself. Now he needs to maintain. That is the hard part. Excellence, year in and year out.

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post

Sherman has made a name for himself. Now he needs to maintain. That is the hard part. Excellence, year in and year out.
    Comparing Sherman to Revis is like comparing Andy Dalton to Tom Brady.

Not the same no matter how you spin it.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlton View Post
    Revis covers the #1 receiver almost every play. Sherman does not.. he only lines up on one side of the field. Also if you want to simply compare their "best season" Revis blows him away as 2009 was the best season a corner has ever had. Sherman is great and probably leads the second tier of corners, but he is no Revis and he won't be until he does it consistently for years. Obviously his salary is less since he's on his rookie deal!?!?
    They were thrown at on a roughly equal number of times which is more salient than who they are covering. I never said he was better, or even as good as Revis. But who's the better value? Not even close.

And 2009 is 4 years ago. Incredible season, but how is that relevant in 2013?

They were thrown at on a roughly equal number of times which is more salient than who they are covering. I never said he was better, or even as good as Revis. But who's the better value? Not even close.

Because there's no evidence to suggest Sherman is a better CB than Revis, which is the crux of Sherman's argument...

You called him better value... 1) who gives a ****... Come see me when he gets a contract extension 2) that's not what the premise is here... 3) it's not surprising you're here defending a proven cheater...

The guy is good but a complete buffoon and refuses to give people respect while also being quick to throw his teammates under the bus.

He is still trash talking Roddy White after he caught a huge TD over him and refuses to take any blame.

"During that game, for example, the play where he caught the touchdown, the touchdown wasn't really on me to tell the truth," he said. "But I'm not going to throw a teammate under the bus, because I'm not that kind of player. If that's what you guys want to say, I'll take it."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...-of-his-system

This guy has one year wonder written all over him.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite View Post
    Because there's no evidence to suggest Sherman is a better CB than Revis, which is the crux of Sherman's argument...
    Sherman at $650,000 a year.

Revis at $15,000,000 a year.

Is Revis $14,350,000 a year better than Sherman?

Hardly.

Every good player who is under their rookie contract is a better value than vets who have hit the big bucks. That's some deep insight.

He was also awesome in the other years, but what I was saying (and what you already know I was saying) was that picking a single year and saying a player is better or as good is silly. Consistency in the NFL is what really separates the great talent.

You really don't think who they are covering matters? I think we're done here. Revis is the only corner I know of that tracks the #1 receiver all game and has the success he does. I get if people don't think a corner is worth 15+ mm a year, but anyone who thinks Revis isn't clearly the best corner in the NFL is just not qualified to comment. No one has the responsibility he does and I'm not sure anyone ever has. Let Revis line up on one side of the field and see his numbers. Please.

Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post

Hardly.
    No ****! Let me know when Sherman re-signs for 650k a year. What does someone stuck on a rookie contract have to do with who is the better corner? Oh wait don't answer that. You just login to make arguments you don't really believe. Go outside today I dare you.

True enough, although the average is raised in part due to his monster season in 2009. And Revis "average' excludes the two years (of 5) that he was hurt, so he hasn't been exactly excellent "year in and year out" either..

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post

Hardly.
    If Sherman has another year like he did last year, he will absolutely be looking for a new deal from Seattle. I would say it is very unlikely Sherman plays for $650k in 2014.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

No ****! Let me know when Sherman re-signs for 650k a year. What does someone stuck on a rookie contract have to do with who is the better corner? Oh wait don't answer that. You just login to make arguments you don't really believe. Go outside today I dare you.
    Nice to see TX is back to his old self this offseason.. I guess it's hard to troll during a bad season.

True enough, although the average is raised in part due to his monster season in 2009. And Revis "average' excludes the two years (of 5) that he was hurt, so he hasn't been exactly excellent "year in and year out" either..
    For serious?

Wait, I know better... Never mind...

Every good player who is under their rookie contract is a better value than vets who have hit the big bucks. That's some deep insight.

He was also awesome in the other years, but what I was saying (and what you already know I was saying) was that picking a single year and saying a player is better or as good is silly. Consistency in the NFL is what really separates the great talent.

You really don't think who they are covering matters? I think we're done here. Revis is the only corner I know of that tracks the #1 receiver all game and has the success he does. I get if people don't think a corner is worth 15+ mm a year, but anyone who thinks Revis isn't clearly the best corner in the NFL is just not qualified to comment. No one has the responsibility he does and I'm not sure anyone ever has. Let Revis line up on one side of the field and see his numbers. Please.
    Again, I'm not arguing that Revis isn't the best corner in football, or even in consideration for GOAT (although I think Deion deserves that accolade). And I agree that it isn't all that meaningful to look at 3 years avg. of Revis vs. 1 year for Sherman. So lets revisit this in 3 years and see if Sherman's stats still match up or exceeds Revis' 1st five years. It will also be interesting to see how they match up in games played and if Sherman decides that he doesn't have to honor his contract. Twice.

Revis had the best success rate in 2010 too. So yeah being statistically the best corner by far 2 out of those three seasons probably would skew the stats.

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite View Post
    For serious?

Wait, I know better... Never mind...
    I'm not blaming the player for his injuries. But you can't exactly excel when you're sitting at home on the couch.

Hall Of Fame
    Dude, now you are grasping at straws.

He was been the best player at his position every year from 2009-2011. And was off to a great start in 2012. If you are the best player at your position you are excellent. Plain and simple. 2009 was a high point but it was not a huge spike or anomaly.

Hall Of Fame
    I'm not blaming the player for his injuries. But you can't exactly excel when you're sitting at home on the couch.
    Just stop it. He missed 3 games before 2012. Then he had a freak injury.

I am as critical of Revis as anybody (including his play) but your comments are unfounded.

Dude, now you are grasping at straws.

He was been the best player at his position every year from 2009-2011. And was off to a great start in 2012. If you are the best player at your position you are excellent. Plain and simple. 2009 was a high point but it was not a huge spike or anomaly.
    I just reiterated what the PFF article said.

Again, no argument from me as to how good Revis is. Doesn't mean that Sherman sucks or that he couldn't possibly supplant him in 2013.