Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Seahawk's Sherman trash talks Revis

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    I want neither of these clowns on my team.

Revis is showing cracks in his character now.
    There is a reason fans dont evaluate talent or put together rosters.

All League
    + 1.

They are CBs in a league where you aren't allowed to play pass defense.

Yet Revis does it better than arguably anyone at the position in the history of the game outside of a few guys. Says an awful lot about how good he really is.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by iahawkeyejet View Post
    Yet Revis does it better than arguably anyone at the position in the history of the game outside of a few guys. Says an awful lot about how good he really is.
    Yeah but if he defends himself in a tweet he should be gone...who cares how good he really is. lol

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    OK....pay him BRADY money. Who else can you afford to pay?

It will be a long term disaster. But let your emotions guide you....
    Calm down chief. I just thought it was funny.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    There is a reason fans dont evaluate talent or put together rosters.
    Wow. We agree on something.

Yeah but if he defends himself in a tweet he should be gone...who cares how good he really is. lol
    Yep. That's the reason.

Jets Insider VIP
    That's great

No one is disputing the fact that Revis is a great player.

But those of us in the sane crowd simply consider it batsh*t crazy to give a CB a contract on par with franchise, Superbowl winning QB's like Tom Brady and Peyton Manning who account for 35-40 TD's a season.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Wow. We agree on something.

Yep. That's the reason.
    Cracks in his character now.

You're always moaning about sh1t that has nothing to do with how good he plays.

Quote Originally Posted by Tackleem View Post
    There are some folks in the National Football League who think he is. Pretty sure some of them play for a living.

http://top100.nfl.com/tracker
    I love it when Tx trolls and quickly gets owned, it's happened at least 50,000 times on this board.

LOL

Exclamation

Looks like it's a battle of tweets lol the dude with the quicker wit and fastest fingers will win lol

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Inspector Oofus View Post
    Looks like it's a battle of tweets lol the dude with the quicker wit and fastest fingers will win lol
    Sherman won't give it up. He just talks and talks.

Quote Originally Posted by JetsfanfromtheBURGH View Post
    Sherman won't give it up. He just talks and talks.
    This. Richard Sherman is a punk ***** who talks way too damn much.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    That's great

No one is disputing the fact that Revis is a great player.

But those of us in the sane crowd simply consider it batsh*t crazy to give a CB a contract on par with franchise, Superbowl winning QB's like Tom Brady and Peyton Manning who account for 35-40 TD's a season.
    A lot of people on here question or down play how good Revis is now that they have decided they want him gone.

I couldn't care less about the stigma of a Hall of Fame player or all the other stuff you throw out at people in your quest for sanity. If I'm insane because I'm not 100% sold that trading him is a sure fire way to improve this team, then call me insane. I'm not saying you in particular, but there are a lot of people in the "trade Revis no matter what" crowd that sure seem to think it's as easy as waving a magic wond, trade Revis, whoosh, there is the money to pay a SB QB and an Elite Pass Rusher.

The problem is, there isn't, and never will be, and elite QB that hits open free agency, and rarely will their be an elite pass rusher. The Jets, just like everyone else, need to obtain those pieces through the draft. If the Jets were so lucky to obtain a stud pass rusher at # 9 and a good QB prospect in round #2 or Round 1 this year, then guess what? By the time those studs(in the event we got studs) needed resigned, the Jets cap situation would be completely different, because they would be out from under the terrible contracts of guys like Sanchez, Holmes and Harris, and all the sudden 16 million for Revis isn't all that much of a restraint, because the other enormous contracts(that didn't actually produce to the level of their contract) are gone.

People act as if Revis is keeping us from upgrading our QB position. No he isn't, our inability to draft one is. The WR position needs upgrading? Santonio Holmes is preventing that more than Darelle Revis. Defense is old and slow? David Harris making 11 million per season is far more of a travesty than paying Revis 16 million.

CB is a luxury is the popular phrase around here. It's unfortunate that the luxury we have we can't afford becuase we over paid for a bunch of lemons. What happens if we trade Revis, and we fill in some other pieces, and then our secondary turns out to be the Patriots or Texans? If CB is such a luxury, why did the Texans dole out 10 million a year for Jonathan Joseph even though they had JJ Watt, and still ended up 16th in the NFL in pass defense?

There is no clear right side of the argument. There are lots of ways to build a champion in the NFL, paying Revis 16 Million a year does not prohibit that. Handing out terrible contracts for players that don't come close living up to their contract does.

A lot of people on here question or down play how good Revis is now that they have decided they want him gone.

I couldn't care less about the stigma of a Hall of Fame player or all the other stuff you throw out at people in your quest for sanity. If I'm insane because I'm not 100% sold that trading him is a sure fire way to improve this team, then call me insane. I'm not saying you in particular, but there are a lot of people in the "trade Revis no matter what" crowd that sure seem to think it's as easy as waving a magic wond, trade Revis, whoosh, there is the money to pay a SB QB and an Elite Pass Rusher.

The problem is, there isn't, and never will be, and elite QB that hits open free agency, and rarely will their be an elite pass rusher. The Jets, just like everyone else, need to obtain those pieces through the draft. If the Jets were so lucky to obtain a stud pass rusher at # 9 and a good QB prospect in round #2 or Round 1 this year, then guess what? By the time those studs(in the event we got studs) needed resigned, the Jets cap situation would be completely different, because they would be out from under the terrible contracts of guys like Sanchez, Holmes and Harris, and all the sudden 16 million for Revis isn't all that much of a restraint, because the other enormous contracts(that didn't actually produce to the level of their contract) are gone.

People act as if Revis is keeping us from upgrading our QB position. No he isn't, our inability to draft one is. The WR position needs upgrading? Santonio Holmes is preventing that more than Darelle Revis. Defense is old and slow? David Harris making 11 million per season is far more of a travesty than paying Revis 16 million.

CB is a luxury is the popular phrase around here. It's unfortunate that the luxury we have we can't afford becuase we over paid for a bunch of lemons. What happens if we trade Revis, and we fill in some other pieces, and then our secondary turns out to be the Patriots or Texans? If CB is such a luxury, why did the Texans dole out 10 million a year for Jonathan Joseph even though they had JJ Watt, and still ended up 16th in the NFL in pass defense?

There is no clear right side of the argument. There are lots of ways to build a champion in the NFL, paying Revis 16 Million a year does not prohibit that. Handing out terrible contracts for players that don't come close living up to their contract does.

This Sherman is a flash in the pan, he's obviously all for free publicity and crumbs from Revis

@RSherman_25
    Here's what you should do to end the argument! Compare my 1st 2year only 26 starts.... With any 2 16 start seasons by Revis. Then come back with your excuses for why mines are better

Jets Insider VIP

Hey, if Revis is willing to sign for $12-13 million per (he's not), then lock him up for the next 5-6 years.

But $16 million a year?

LOL, ship him to the highest bidder.

Even if we make Revis the highest paid defensive player in history, you can bet your ass he and his agents will come running back to the bargaining table a year or two from now when Houston makes Watt the richest defender in history.

Hall Of Fame
    Cracks in his character now.

You're always moaning about sh1t that has nothing to do with how good he plays.
    Everything is taken into consideration when a team has to make an investment in a player like this. On and off field.

Bottom line is this is just another log on the fire. I wanted to trade him prior to 2012. Everything that has happened since has just made it easier for me to feel that way.

Two holdouts with a threat of a third. Wanting big $$$ from a team with tons of holes. ACL injury. Basically bashing the owner and GM in an NFLN interview. Now he is sensitive all of a sudden.

interesting postscript to all of this: Richard Sherman was taken in the 5th round, 154th overall by the Seahawks. Who was taken with the 153rd pick?

Jeremy Kerley.

Sherman's a mouthy punk. Nothing to see here. F him.