Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rex and Idzik Press Conferences from the Combine-Thursday at 4:00 (02/21)

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    @ConorTOrr: Rex says he doesn't expect a trade for Revis. Won't rule it out, but doesn't expect it. #nyj

@BrianCoz: #wiggleroom RT @HubbuchNYP: Rex: “Do I expect to trade Darrelle Revis? No. But that’s not to say something couldn’t come up.”

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    @ConorTOrr: Rex said that Revis trade rumors, which centered around Woody wanting the trade, were untrue. Rex then said he hasn't spoken to Woody. #nyj

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    @ConorTOrr: Rex says he doesn't expect a trade for Revis. Won't rule it out, but doesn't expect it. #nyj

@BrianCoz: #wiggleroom RT @HubbuchNYP: Rex: “Do I expect to trade Darrelle Revis? No. But that’s not to say something couldn’t come up.”
    Rex is trying to hard. He needs to shut up.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    @MMehtaNYDN: Rex on Revis: "Could there be a trade? Yeah, anybody could be traded. But do I expect there to b a trade for Darrelle Revis? No" (cont) #nyj

@MMehtaNYDN: Rex on Revis (cont): "But that doesn't mean something couldn't come up.... Again, we have not discussed trading Darrelle Revis." #nyj

@MikeSielskiWSJ: Rex says #NYJ aren't trading Revis unless they trade him, which isn't happening but could happen.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    @MMehtaNYDN: Rex Ryan on teams showing interest in Darrelle Revis: "No team has approached me about Darrelle..." #nyj

Hey Rex, has any team called Idzik, he is the GM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    @DWAZ73: The #Jets know reports saying they want to trade Revis/Tebow undermine their ability to do so, so it makes sense to say otherwise now.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    @MMehtaNYDN: Rex on Revis: "Could there be a trade? Yeah, anybody could be traded. But do I expect there to b a trade for Darrelle Revis? No" (cont) #nyj

@MMehtaNYDN: Rex on Revis (cont): "But that doesn't mean something couldn't come up.... Again, we have not discussed trading Darrelle Revis." #nyj

@MikeSielskiWSJ: Rex says #NYJ aren't trading Revis unless they trade him, which isn't happening but could happen.
    People want something they can spin a story out of. They can't spin a story about this other than Rex is confusing himself. At some point, Rex will out think himself and spill some significant info on the table. Reporters know this, and will keep prodding.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    People want something they can spin a story out of. They can't spin a story about this other than Rex is confusing himself. At some point, Rex will out think himself and spill some significant info on the table. Reporters know this, and will keep prodding.
    I don't know when this is going to be though. Not many opportunities for press conferences between now and the NFL draft.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    Gonna be a lot of tears here when reports start coming out about the Jets working on an extension for #24. Looking forward to that
    i know...all the talking heads have been saying the same thing...Revis is gone... not one of them has an original thought...just say the same thing that the other guy says so u don't look like a idiot...i don't think Revis is going anywhere...

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    I don't know when this is going to be though. Not many opportunities for press conferences between now and the NFL draft.
    But they'll try. The quiet FO is refreshing, IMO.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    Gonna be a lot of tears here when reports start coming out about the Jets working on an extension for #24. Looking forward to that
    If they can work it, great.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    Wow, Idzik is looking impressive and ultra-professional. Rex OTOH needs to learn English and grammar.
    Just curious, how is this different than a Tanny presser? Each of them say the same thing. Absolutely nothing.

I don't have a problem with it, but lets not jump to any conclusions just yet.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    Just curious, how is this different than a Tanny presser? Each of them say the same thing. Absolutely nothing.

I don't have a problem with it, but lets not jump to any conclusions just yet.
    Hard to say specifically but it is my intuition at work mostly. When Tanny spoke it sounded like he was schooled previously and repeated phrases by rote without having any underlying philosophy to why he was saying those words. IOW a spokesperson for someone else. Idzik sounds like he is speaking for himself, that there is a foundational philosophy that his statements are based on. They have a consistency to them, team oriented but respecting individuals as part of the team. Tanny seemed to blurt out whatever was expedient at that moment. That's the best I can do, I hope it makes sense. We will see of course, it's just my very initial impression.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    Hard to say specifically but it is my intuition at work mostly. When Tanny spoke it sounded like he was schooled previously and repeated phrases by rote without having any underlying philosophy to why he was saying those words. IOW a spokesperson for someone else. Idzik sounds like he is speaking for himself, that there is a foundational philosophy that his statements are based on. They have a consistency to them, team oriented but respecting individuals as part of the team. Tanny seemed to blurt out whatever was expedient at that moment. That's the best I can do, I hope it makes sense. We will see of course, it's just my very initial impression.
    Women's intuition, huh? I'm skeptical. I've been burned before.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    @MMehtaNYDN: Rex Ryan on teams showing interest in Darrelle Revis: "No team has approached me about Darrelle..." #nyj

Hey Rex, has any team called Idzik, he is the GM.
    LOL! The circular argument Rex was having with himself in the items above are also hilarious. No question, the guy will just never "get it". Not a chance.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry to hear that, mine is about 99% infallible.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    That's because your MEN'S intuition is awful.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    MEN'S intuition
    Or as it's more commonly known, "logical, rational thought coupled with deductive reasoning".

:-)

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    Or as it's more commonly known, "logical, rational thought coupled with deductive reasoning".

:-)
    OHH! CLASSIC DEMOS!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Manish Mehta ‏@MMehtaNYDN
    Idzik asked if Tebow will be one of QBs competing with Mark Sanchez for starting job. He artfully dodged it.... The answer, of course, is no

IDZIK DOESN'T UNDERSTAND THE HEART THAT TEBOW EATS HOT DOGS WITH!