Thread: AC Milan beats Barcelona 2-0

Veteran

AC Milan beats Barcelona 2-0

I just finished watching the match on DVR. What a fantastic performance by Milan! Admittedly, I have not seen much of the Italian league Serie A, but Milan stifled Barca all day and earned that result. I have seen plenty of Barca matches the past few years, but I never saw them struggle to penetrate past midfield like that. Kudos to Milan. I am really looking forward to see a more desperate Barcelona team at home in the 2nd league.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by RoadFan View Post
    I just finished watching the match on DVR. What a fantastic performance by Milan! Admittedly, I have not seen much of the Italian league Serie A, but Milan stifled Barca all day and earned that result. I have seen plenty of Barca matches the past few years, but I never saw them struggle to penetrate past midfield like that. Kudos to Milan. I am really looking forward to see a more desperate Barcelona team at home in the 2nd league.
    Wow - impressive. Who got the goals for Milan? The place must have been nuts. What channel were you able to watch it on?

Quote Originally Posted by adpz View Post
    Wow - impressive. Who got the goals for Milan? The place must have been nuts. What channel were you able to watch it on?
    The match was on FSC. I didn't get to watch it live because of work, but saw the encore. Boating scored the first for Milan in the 56th or 57th, I believe. Then, Munteri scored at around the 80th to seal it (beautifully set up play).

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

It was great to see Milan on TV again (lousy al jezeera). Solid performance, but I have to admit the first goal should have absolutely been called off due to a handball. That changed the whole tenor of the game.

Still, Milan's defense played great and they have huge advantage going to Barcelona in a few weeks.

Veteran
    Vintage performance today. Barca needed to win by 3...and they won 4-0.

Messi...

First goal: freak.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Soberphobia View Post
    Amazing...He was surrounded by 4 players.

A 'system' goal as Dirtstar would say.

Quote Originally Posted by RoadFan View Post
    Vintage performance today. Barca needed to win by 3...and they won 4-0.

Messi...
    Quote Originally Posted by Soberphobia View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RaoulDuke View Post
    Amazing...He was surrounded by 4 players.

A 'system' goal as Dirtstar would say.
    Increíble.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YsjbmLBX-ZE

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

That first goal was ridiculous. Milan came out predictably slow, trying to build some pressure on defense, and Messi caught them and Abbiati completely flat footed. One second is all it took to fire the ball perfectly into the top corner. He plays on a totally different level.

The rest of the match Milan played like ****. Typical Italian ball -- play the soccer equivalent of prevent defense and lose the game.

Have to admit when they said: "Argentinian Pope" I thought the Vatican had signed the biggest transfer of all time.