Thread: SoCal QBs - A steady stream of mediocrity

SoCal QBs - A steady stream of mediocrity

Sorry SoCal story: Abysmal run of QBs from region has NFL personnel searching for answers

As news spread over the weekend that USC quarterback Matt Barkley would not throw at the NFL scouting combine this week, two NFL personnel men had a similar, withering reaction.

Matt Barkley talks on Radio Row during the week of Super Bowl XLVII."Here we go again, another L.A. movie star quarterback who needs his own day to throw," a veteran scout said, the sarcasm splashing from his mouth like a wave hitting a seawall.

"And you wonder why guys from Southern California [are bad]?" a veteran team executive said, referring as much to the region as to Barkley's alma mater. "Everything is like they have to draw attention to themselves."

When it was pointed out to the executive that Barkley supposedly hasn't been cleared to throw by doctors, the anger only seemed to grow, not subside.

"I'm telling you, it's always [something] with guys from down there… not just USC, the whole area. I don't know what it is." more...

Can't think of one who has been a success in the NFL. The best one to come out of there in the last 30 years is Rodney Peete. Carson Palmer had one solid season and then became a mediocre QB and then you have steaming piles of dung in Sanchez, Leinart, David Booty, Cassel, Robo QB, etc. etc.

I've seen enough of the SOCAL QBs . No mas!

Sort of like Penn State RBs never live up to the hype

rob johnson won a superbowl but the point is well taken. the odd thing is that sanchez may be the best of the bunch.

Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    Can't think of one who has been a success in the NFL. The best one to come out of there in the last 30 years is Rodney Peete. Carson Palmer had one solid season and then became a mediocre QB and then you have steaming piles of dung in Sanchez, Leinart, David Booty, Cassel, Robo QB, etc. etc.