Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 86

Thread: Per NFL.com - "Jets will attempt to trade Tebow at combine."

  1. #61
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    2,143
    Post Thanks / Like
    How about a 2016 7th rounder? Anything- just as long as he's gone.

  2. #62
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    7,651
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    I think the difference with the Pats, and by Pats I mean BB, is that they would have zero interest in any of the press-side of the equation. So, unlike Woody and Rex, who trotted Tebow out to the press at every opportunity, Bill would put a muzzle on him. You forbid him to give interviews, ANY interviews, and much of the distraction goes away.

    Can I imagine Belichick having a press conference just about Tebow? No. Because it wouldn't happen. The MOST he would say is he's one of 53 guys who give us the best chance to win games. And you can be 100% sure that ESPN wouldn't be given 24/7 unfettered access to training camp.
    Exactly, BB would probably refuse to acknowledge that he is even on the roster.
    You can not stop him from giving interviews but they would be just cliches and would last 1 min. he would be told to tell them to talk to the coach.

  3. #63
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    14,679
    Post Thanks / Like
    lol, if you want him, you can have him. All we ask in return is for a bag of footballs to replace the ones he launched into the seats.

  4. #64
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    26,143
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    lol, if you want him, you can have him. All we ask in return is for a bag of footballs to replace the ones he launched into the seats.
    Make it a conditional trade.

    If Tebow does anything that contributes to beating the Jets, escalate compensation.

    If Tebow does anything that contributes to making the Patriots lose on purpose, the Jets give up draft picks.

    Worth it.

  5. #65
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    7,651
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    Make it a conditional trade.

    If Tebow does anything that contributes to beating the Jets, escalate compensation.

    If Tebow does anything that contributes to making the Patriots lose on purpose, the Jets give up draft picks.

    Worth it.
    NICE!

  6. #66
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,663
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tebow is going nowhere. You guys are actually buying this nonsense?

  7. #67
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    13,228
    Post Thanks / Like
    Anything that we can get in the way of a trade is a good thing. I think Idzik can do that. I think we will get something out of Tebow.

    The sticking point as far as I am concerned has got to be whether Tebow is willing to entertain playing other positions. We all know he's no QB. But RB, FB, TE? Those spots are right up his alley and likely what he'd do best.

    If another team can convice him he's better playing at those spots then a trade could likely happen.

    But I also think if they got him to commit to being a FB, then I'd like the Jets to keep him.

  8. #68
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,963
    Post Thanks / Like
    tebow should have gotten a chance to start, after benching mark,atleast the last game. Then maybe he could have been traded for late round pick. not now. Not after saying tebow was #3 qb on a team with the worst qb in the league and a #2 who cant throw more than 8 yards effectively..

  9. #69
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    14,679
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleansweep2013 View Post
    tebow should have gotten a chance to start, after benching mark,atleast the last game. Then maybe he could have been traded for late round pick. not now. Not after saying tebow was #3 qb on a team with the worst qb in the league and a #2 who cant throw more than 8 yards effectively..
    Nope. He can have fun in the AFL or some other joke of a league.

  10. #70
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    7,651
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    Tebow is going nowhere. You guys are actually buying this nonsense?
    Why do you think he stays and remains the 2nd most expensive B/U qb in the league? The 2.5 mill he makes is almost enough to sign Moore or gets you 1/2 way there to Flynn's 5M salary.

  11. #71
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,018
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LEVYMAN View Post
    He will be on the Patriots and will be a pain in our asses for years to come.
    I hope you're right.

  12. #72
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,018
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    What hurt Tebow even more than not really playing last year was the emergence of guys like RGII, Wilson and Kaepernick. Teams saw what a true dual threat QB can do. Guys who can actually throw it in the pocket or can take it 40 yards on the ground.
    Those type of QBs don't make it in the NFL. Never have and probably never will.

    Steve Young did not become a great QB until he stopped running with the ball, and he has stated that himself. To be a great NFL QB you need to stay in or around the pocket and read defenses. Running QBs have a tendency to take off too early.

    I'd also take Griffin off the reason why running QBs are good list and place him on the why not list. He may never be the same, and the same fate awaits Kaepernick and Wilson if they keep running.

  13. #73
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,018
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SMC View Post
    Can you imagine Belichick having a press conference just about Tebow?
    No. He would never do that.

    I doubt that Tebow would be holding press conferences.

    It would be interesting to see what they would do with the kid though.

  14. #74
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    14,679
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pasts fans wanting that scrub just tickles me. Let's hope their FO feels the same way and is willing to part with picks for Lolbow.

  15. #75
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,527
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pats1960 View Post
    No. He would never do that.

    I doubt that Tebow would be holding press conferences.

    It would be interesting to see what they would do with the kid though.
    I would love to see Tebow on the Pats. It would be truly interesting to see if they could eek some value out of him in new and interesting ways like they've done with some other players. Also, I would be fascinated by the social experiment combining Tebow's media love with BB's gruff stoicism. I think the podium would explode by week 3's post game presser

  16. #76
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    7,651
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Pasts fans wanting that scrub just tickles me. Let's hope their FO feels the same way and is willing to part with picks for Lolbow.
    Nobody wants him at 2.5 mill and not as a trade, but if he is cut and is willing to come in for vet min, I think BB would want him on the team. The kid wants to play, would be great in the community and after this year will be happy just to play any position on the field.

    PickS? with a S?

  17. #77
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    1,210
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    He would never take a snap as a qb unless it was an injury.
    Brady is getting older. Tebow could come in and be a goal line QB or RB. Belicheat would love to tinker and find a spot for Tebow.

  18. #78
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    26,143
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenSpleen View Post
    Brady is getting older. Tebow could come in and be a goal line QB or RB. Belicheat would love to tinker and find a spot for Tebow.
    BB is the best at putting a player in the best position for him to succeed.

  19. #79
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    7,651
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenSpleen View Post
    Brady is getting older. Tebow could come in and be a goal line QB or RB. Belicheat would love to tinker and find a spot for Tebow.
    It will not be at QB, BB has balls of iron, but taking Brady out of the game for any reason is nuts. I see him as an h-back backing up Hernandez, ST plalyer I could even see him playing some RB/FB

  20. #80
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    3,016
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    Exactly, BB would probably refuse to acknowledge that he is even on the roster.
    You can not stop him from giving interviews but they would be just cliches and would last 1 min. he would be told to tell them to talk to the coach.
    You can absolutely stop him from giving interviews, with the sole exception of media day before the SB. Just like BB tells his assistant coaches that they are gone if they speak to the press, he can say the same to Tebow. Of course, Tebow could still choose to grant the media access outside the realm of official team business, but BB has sole discretion as to who remains on his roster. I sincerely doubt that Bill would have any problem communicating that to Tebow as a condition of employment.

    Edit: Rereading your point I guess we are saying the same thing. When cornered in the locker room Tebow would be instructed to say, "Talk to the coach. No Comment".

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us