Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Per NFL.com - "Jets will attempt to trade Tebow at combine."

Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    They brought him to the Combine???

I think that weakens our hand if we're carrying around Tim Tebow with a "For Trade" sign on him.

They should try craigslist

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    They should try craigslist
    That's just silly. craig doesn't run the wildcat! eBay...on the other hand...

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Just cut the guy

All Pro
    We tried to cut him but the waiver wire won't take him. We're stuck with him forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    Just cut the guy
    Would you really be shocked if someone threw the Jets a 7th for him?

I wouldn't.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Why wouldn't some teams want to bring him on board as the team Chaplain? He could make motivational speeches, and straighten out teh closet gheys with the power of the baby Jesus.

Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    Would you really be shocked if someone threw the Jets a 7th for him?

I wouldn't.
    Guarantee someone will try. Some teams want the media attention.

Just ask Woody.

Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post

Guarantee someone will try. Some teams want the media attention.

Just ask Woody.
    The Sock Puppet From Pets.com is worth more than Tebow

Quote Originally Posted by sect313 View Post
    id take a 2099 6th rd pick for him
    wont b nfl football 2099. just sayin!!! Im KOOL with it.

Jets Insider VIP
    My guess is that he will be traded for a pick. The Denver resume plus a year of developing his mechanics has improved him as a player. I think some team sees value. The Jets fan base sees his value as zero based on Jets failed 2012 season. Objectively he has trade value ie., at least a 6th rounder.

Just don't let him throw at the combine. Personal workouts only!

In all seriousness, the Jets probably killed the 2 ounces of leverage they had with the leaked talk of their desire to cut him after the season. Why would anyone give up anything for him now?

That plus the fact that he basically has been out of the game for a year

Trade or drop this beast!

Quote Originally Posted by RMJK View Post
    My guess is that he will be traded for a pick. The Denver resume plus a year of developing his mechanics has improved him as a player. I think some team sees value. The Jets fan base sees his value as zero based on Jets failed 2012 season. Objectively he has trade value ie., at least a 6th rounder.
    The way he was misused last season means he's still basically an unknown at this point. I mean really, 8 passing attempts ALL YEAR. What team could possibly decide anything from watching that?

Quote Originally Posted by RMJK View Post
    Who helped him with his mechanics? The jets ruined any chance for a pick by not playing him when sanchez sucked. When he replaced Orton, Orton was not playing no where near as bad as Sanchez.

By not playing him it was like saying, sanchez playing like this still is a better qb than tebow.

Who helped him with his mechanics? The jets ruined any chance for a pick by not playing him when sanchez sucked. When he replaced Orton, Orton was not playing no where near as bad as Sanchez.

By not playing him it was like saying, sanchez playing like this still is a better qb than tebow.

He worked on his mechanics during the offseason with a former Jets coach, Noel Mazzone and also with motion mechanics guru Tom House. Don't know who he worked with during the year with the Jets, just hope that whomever it was didn't do anything destructive.

As for your last point, I think coaches and teams would look a little bit deeper than that. Rex seems to have an unhealthy fixation with Sanchez for one. Secondly, much of this could fall at Sparano's feet. How much faith/belief do other coaches have in Sparano's ability to judge QB talent ?

I mean, in 2 short years, the guy has gone from being a head coach to an offensive line coach. That's one stop short of being bounced from the league.

Jets Insider VIP
    Forget about who is willing to trade for him.

Who the hell would even be willing to sign the kid as a FA?

The Jags and us were the only two teams with any real interest in him last year and that's when Tebow was coming off his little "magical" playoff run in Denver.

And since then, Caldwell made it crystal clear after being on the job for only 10 minutes that Tebow wouldn't be welcome in Jacksonville.

The only way this kid has a future in the NFL is if he comes to grips with the fact that he isn't a pro QB and accepts a role as an H-back/gadget player.

Hall Of Fame

It doesnt matter how much he works on his throwing motion. He spent several months before he was drafted "fixing" his throwing motion, and what happened the first time he saw live action? He resorted to his old motion. He is who he is. He isnt even a dynamic runner when compared to guys like RGIII, Wilson, Kaepernick and Newton. He runs like a FB, throws like a FB, so if a team is looking for a FB, he is your guy.

Jets Insider VIP
    The way he was misused last season means he's still basically an unknown at this point. I mean really, 8 passing attempts ALL YEAR. What team could possibly decide anything from watching that?
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    It doesnt matter how much he works on his throwing motion. He spent several months before he was drafted "fixing" his throwing motion, and what happened the first time he saw live action? He resorted to his old motion. He is who he is. He isnt even a dynamic runner when compared to guys like RGIII, Wilson, Kaepernick and Newton. He runs like a FB, throws like a FB, so if a team is looking for a FB, he is your guy.

Wow, a whole "few months" and then he reverted back when under pressure ? That"s surprising to you ? It takes more than a few months of reps to change a throwing motion and ingrain it into muscle memory.

Has he thrown enough reps at this point to have done so ? Jury is still out on that one.

Jets Insider VIP

You can't draw conclusions from his time with the Jets. If he was tradable before this season, he should be tradable this year.
    What difference does it make who helped him, he was working on his mechanics all season long from the weekly reports and was supposedly getting better.

Denver beat the Steelers in their one playoff game with Tebow. He inspired the team. On that basis alone someone will think differently than the Jets crowd.

In any case we have perhaps 2-3 week wait.

Pure PR spin to avoid the wrath of the delusional Tebow followers if they just dumped his creepy butt to the curb.