Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Per NFL.com - "Jets will attempt to trade Tebow at combine."

Thumbs up Per NFL.com - "Jets will attempt to trade Tebow at combine."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...bow-at-combine

Report: New York Jets to shop Tim Tebow at combine

In the hopes of finding one team that thinks it can't live without Tim Tebow, the New York Jets are going to hold off cutting the controversial quarterback as long as possible.

The Jets will shop Tebow at the 2013 NFL Scouting Combine this weekend, ESPN New York's Rich Cimini reported Wednesday.

Trades cannot be made until the league year begins on March 12, so the Jets have about two-and-a-half weeks to hold out for a partner.

The Jets gave up a fourth- and sixth-round pick for Tebow and a seventh-rounder last offseason. They'd be lucky to get that sixth-rounder back for him now.

It shouldn't be a shock to anyone that the Jets would try to convince a quarterback-needy franchise to take Tebow off their hands at the combine -- possibly amid points to other players with a sly, "look, are you really going to draft that guy?"

For the next couple weeks the Jets can try and get compensation for Tebow, but in the end, when they've realized that well has long-since dried up, they'll likely just end up cutting him.

Hall Of Fame
    Well there are plenty of bags of balls and tackling dummies at the combine, maybe the Jets have their eye on a few of those.

id take a 2099 6th rd pick for him

He will be cut, no one will give up a pick for him which is too bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    He will be cut, no one will give up a pick for him which is too bad.
    Unless there is a team out there with a visionary HC/OC tandem, which has designed an offense/game plan around Tebow heretofore never seen in the NFL.

He will be on the Patriots and will be a pain in our asses for years to come.

Jets Insider VIP
    Everyone knows we are going to cut him. Makes no sense for anyone to give up anything for him.

The problem with Tebow is all the off the field stuff.
    If he was just a regular guy and didn't have a fanatical fan base, some team might want to give it a try for a late round pick.

You bring him in and it's freaking media circus. No one wants that enough to trade for it.

Quote Originally Posted by LEVYMAN View Post
    Yeah, it would suck to have Tom Brady sit on the bench so Tebow could get some snaps. That would strike fear in all of us Jets fans.

As much as I'm a fan of Tim, good luck with that. Last year when Denver was looking to trade him we were one of two suitors and that other suitor has stated that they have no interest. If they're lucky they could find a team willing to part ways with a conditional 7th round pick, but I doubt they even find that. More likely than not he'll be released and boarding a plane to Foxborough. New England is the perfect place for him with a great, unquestionable QB in place, an innovator like Belichick AND the H.C., now O.C., who loved him/drafted him in Denver. Makes so much sense.

For what, a stopwatch?

You should be banned for saying Patriots and asses(butt fumble)

Quote Originally Posted by Monsterxman View Post
    The problem with Tebow is all the off the field stuff.
    If he was just a regular guy and didn't have a fanatical fan base, some team might want to give it a try for a late round pick.

You bring him in and it's freaking media circus. No one wants that enough to trade for it.
    Woody welcomed that media circus.

Some owners would welcome that. They think it will put fans in the seats.

I have been saying this ever since the possibility of him being cut came up. I really believe that the guys loves football enough to be successful as a ST guy, and a backup H-Back, while being the 3rd emergency qb. I could see him being active game day and not Mallet in an attempt to keep a football player on the field for the game day 45.

Quote Originally Posted by Monsterxman View Post
    Yeah, it would suck to have Tom Brady sit on the bench so Tebow could get some snaps. That would strike fear in all of us Jets fans.
    He would never take a snap as a qb unless it was an injury.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    He would never take a snap as a qb unless it was an injury.
    Now you are thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    Now you are thinking.
    I like your avatar.

Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    Woody welcomed that media circus.

Some owners would welcome that. They think it will put fans in the seats.
    Please- what owner. Last year at the height of his success there were two teams involved in pursuing him. After this year the jets ruined any trade value for the guy by the way he was utilized and not utilized when Sanchez failed.
    This year killed the Tebow cult.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Per NFL.com - "Jets will attempt to trade Tebow at combine."
    They brought him to the Combine???

I think that weakens our hand if we're carrying around Tim Tebow with a "For Trade" sign on him.

Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    Now you are thinking.
    as the jets could hope for 7 years of hail and pestilence, frogs and locusts to decend